SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Heya!

So, uhm, I finally got around to play Ep. 9 and pretty much missed out on all the pages in this thread since release, so I don't know if this has been mentioned before, if it's a known issue, or something entirely on my end.

Anyway, I was wondering if others have been getting massive input lag playing the new episode? By that I mean huge delays during the freeroam event while hovering the cursor over interactive objects like doors, characters etc. I didn't have any issue with season 1,2 and the interlude, but for some reason the new episode is giving me trouble. It takes somewhere around 5-10secs for the objects I hover my cursor over to actually get highlighted, and even when clicking on things it takes several seconds before something happens, making it a real pain to navigate through the freeroam. It's hard to explain, but I guess "delay" is the best explanation I can come up with.

I'm currently in the basement doing the puzzle thingie, and the flashlight is completely bugging out. I even deactivated the "special effects" option in the menu, so now instead of a flashlight, the basement is fully lit...uhm...I'm also kinda stuck at the cage part, but that might just be me not getting what the fuck I'm supposed to do there. lol

Anyway, everything else besides the issues mentioned works perfectly fine. Animations, dialogue, minigames in MC's phone, rooster etc. All working perfectly fine. Maybe someone knows whats causing it and can help me out?

Cheers
only thing i can think of is the autosave being on still. turn that off if you can, otherwise i dont really know what it could be

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
I'll add some of my observations. Quinn likes MC, even if he's Chick/Neutral, not in a romantic way, but her attitude is definitely friendly. In case if you are Neutral/Chick she is not interested in MC for sex or possible relationships, but some describe her as an MC's antagonist , which is completely wrong. Yes, they do not agree on everything, Tremolo doesn't like her attacks on Maya, but still they find a common language and work together on a party.
They easily start small talk and even when she behaves like this:
View attachment 2281999
This is a friendly tease, but not a hostile attitude. Her body language and emotions suggest that she is friendly with Tremolo. Tremolo's calm reaction speaks volumes. It's typical Quinn, teasing someone she likes is her defense mechanism. She doesn't want to look like the "fragile" she is deep inside.

Next, a moment of heart-to-heart talk with Tommy on the roof. Quinn is frightened when Tommy mentions the gun threat.
View attachment 2282006
She doesn't want anyone to get hurt, this reaction comes when Tommy mentions that Tremolo was under threat. That's not how you react to people you don't care about. I also think this is the first moment that Quinn realized in her heart that a life of crime was not for her. She doesn't want people to get hurt because of it. People who believe in another villainous plan of Quinn with psychological manipulation can pass by. Someone may still see her as the main villain, but this is flat earth's level nonsense.

And the last moment, this one. A person who can't stand you won't hug you like that. Screenshot taken at Neutral Affinity, not Quinn route of course.
View attachment 2282020
A person hostile to you would keep his distance. Quinn usually does this, for example, at first she doesn't like Lily and avoids her in Ep.6-7, after the situation with Maya she generally resists accepting her in sorority and does everything for Maya doesn't change her mind. (Her hostility towards Maya and why she's bullied her is still a mystery to me).
My conclusion is that Quinn is not currently the MC's antagonist and is in any case positive about him at the time of Episodes 8-9.
Agreed. I'm a big softy Jill fan and I've found Quinn to be detestable through the first 8 chapters with how awfully she's treated people. But that conversation with Tommy made her gain quite a few points with me. She showed genuine concern for people and she actually came around to apologizing to Tommy (after a rare bout of Wisdom from Tommy of all people). It's a step in the right direction, and I'm getting redemption arc vibes from her.

Seasons 1 & 2, I'd definitely consider her an antagonist. Nearly all of the issues challenging the HOTs, DIKs and even Preps and Alphas to some degree can all be traced back to her. And she's got some serious shit to account for in regards trying to turn the HOTs into a prostitution ring, coercing pledges into participating in it, and keeping the money to herself. So she's not out of the "piece of shit" category. She's still pretty fucking deep in it.. but she might still be able to fix things.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

rannmiumec

Aug 27, 2017
Heya!

So, uhm, I finally got around to play Ep. 9 and pretty much missed out on all the pages in this thread since release, so I don't know if this has been mentioned before, if it's a known issue, or something entirely on my end.

Anyway, I was wondering if others have been getting massive input lag playing the new episode? By that I mean huge delays during the freeroam event while hovering the cursor over interactive objects like doors, characters etc. I didn't have any issue with season 1,2 and the interlude, but for some reason the new episode is giving me trouble. It takes somewhere around 5-10secs for the objects I hover my cursor over to actually get highlighted, and even when clicking on things it takes several seconds before something happens, making it a real pain to navigate through the freeroam. It's hard to explain, but I guess "delay" is the best explanation I can come up with.

I'm currently in the basement doing the puzzle thingie, and the flashlight is completely bugging out. I even deactivated the "special effects" option in the menu, so now instead of a flashlight, the basement is fully lit...uhm...I'm also kinda stuck at the cage part, but that might just be me not getting what the fuck I'm supposed to do there. lol

Anyway, everything else besides the issues mentioned works perfectly fine. Animations, dialogue, minigames in MC's phone, rooster etc. All working perfectly fine. Maybe someone knows whats causing it and can help me out?

Cheers
I don't know about the lag, beyond the flashlight moments that weren't very fluid for me either.

For the key in the cage, assuming you have read the note on the door (at least I think it's a requeriment), you need to click on the cage, then click the arrow pointing up that will appear if you move the cursor towards that area, and then you will find the key on top of one of the horizontal bars as you can see here.

Reactions: palmtrees89

луна

Aug 24, 2021
My personal ranking of women's Halloween costumes. It was quite difficult to decide, there are a lot of cool outfits, some of which support the boner, others are more from an aesthetic point of view. Some looked cringe, but about them separately.

1.Without any doubt, this is Quinn costume. It is a pity that she is a member of the jury and you can not vote for her. The sexy succubus just blew this place up. Badass, hot and artistic at the same time.
View attachment 2253733
Oh yeah, and those claws are pretty good to prank Sally. :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 2253734

2. Riona. Feline good tonight? Cute and sexy kitty. And Sage said that Rio put a lot of effort into making this costume. View attachment 2254356
View attachment 2254361

3.Zoey as a demon. She looks good in revealing latex and this Venetian carnival mask. Original. The best eye makeup of all, well, except that Lily can compete on this point.
View attachment 2254373
View attachment 2254374

4.Josy the petite fairy. I know she and Maya both wear the same costumes, but it fits Josy better. And for the first time we see Josy with her hair let go.
View attachment 2254376

View attachment 2254377

5. Lily. It's not exactly a Halloween costume, but I like the cool makeup and punk look. View attachment 2254379

Also noteworthy: Jill in a bee costume, Elena McTitty cowgirl, Bella the slutty mummy, and Sally, her costume leaves little to the imagination, boldly. Expected more from my girl Sage - a slutty schoolgirl is certainly sexy, but a little corny.

About cringe costumes: it's of course Swyper fat girl who tries to ruin the contest(seriously, who wears a Santa costume for Halloween)
But a winner for a most cringe costume is definitely this: View attachment 2254388
What the fuck is she wearing? (c) Sage
Jill
when MC on her route. Just...why?:HideThePain:
First, why are the costumes different, why doesn't she dress the bee in this case?
Secondly, did she decide to humiliate her boyfriend, who hangs out in the company of cool guys? Or is this DPC trolling and he doesn't like Jill... I don't know.
Ind third.... JILL, BANANA IT'S A JOSY'S THING! YOU STOL HER SUBJECT! HOW DO I LOOK AT JOSY PLAYING WITH A BANANA IN THE LIBRARY WHEN I KNOW THIS IS WAITING FOR ME?:KEK:

This was my list of costumes. Which costumes did you like the most, and which caused facepalm?
Good ranking, for me Elena´s costume was one of the best.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

travelman

Dec 14, 2018
You know, one can be concerned about someone doing stupid shit like pulling a gun on someone without having good relations with whoever was the victim of it. Her expression might be simply "holy shit, what a mess, did anything bad actually happened". At least, as a non-Quinn route guy I didn't read it as concern for MC beyond regular human reaction for situation like that.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Heya!

Cheers
Open Task manager during the game. How many resources eaten, what's the CPU, RAM and videocard status?

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I don't know about the lag, beyond the flashlight moments that weren't very fluid for me either.

For the key in the cage, assuming you have read the note on the door (at least I think it's a requeriment), you need to click on the cage, then click the arrow pointing up that will appear if you move the cursor towards that area, and then you will find the key on top of one of the horizontal bars as you can see here.
Thanks! I must've been blind.

Open Task manager during the game. How many resources eaten, what's the CPU, RAM and videocard status?
8% CPU usage, 35% RAM usage, 3% GPU usage. My computer is more than capable of running VN's, so I'm not sure what's causing this. Maybe the installation is corrupted or something. It's super weird. I'm running any other game and VN without any issues at all. Oh well.

Reactions: rannmiumec

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I'll add some of my observations. Quinn likes MC, even if he's Chick/Neutral, not in a romantic way, but her attitude is definitely friendly. In case if you are Neutral/Chick she is not interested in MC for sex or possible relationships, but some describe her as an MC's antagonist , which is completely wrong. Yes, they do not agree on everything, Tremolo doesn't like her attacks on Maya, but still they find a common language and work together on a party.
They easily start small talk and even when she behaves like this:
View attachment 2281999
This is a friendly tease, but not a hostile attitude. Her body language and emotions suggest that she is friendly with Tremolo. Tremolo's calm reaction speaks volumes. It's typical Quinn, teasing someone she likes is her defense mechanism. She doesn't want to look like the "fragile" she is deep inside.

Next, a moment of heart-to-heart talk with Tommy on the roof. Quinn is frightened when Tommy mentions the gun threat.
View attachment 2282006
She doesn't want anyone to get hurt, this reaction comes when Tommy mentions that Tremolo was under threat. That's not how you react to people you don't care about. I also think this is the first moment that Quinn realized in her heart that a life of crime was not for her. She doesn't want people to get hurt because of it. People who believe in another villainous plan of Quinn with psychological manipulation can pass by. Someone may still see her as the main villain, but this is flat earth's level nonsense.

And the last moment, this one. A person who can't stand you won't hug you like that. Screenshot taken at Neutral Affinity, not Quinn route of course.
View attachment 2282020
A person hostile to you would keep his distance. Quinn usually does this, for example, at first she doesn't like Lily and avoids her in Ep.6-7, after the situation with Maya she generally resists accepting her in sorority and does everything for Maya doesn't change her mind. (Her hostility towards Maya and why she's bullied her is still a mystery to me).
My conclusion is that Quinn is not currently the MC's antagonist and is in any case positive about him at the time of Episodes 8-9.

I think I would burn with shame if my girlfriend came to the party in such a costume, it would be terribly embarrassing.

Drag queen Leon is at least funny, Tommy's constant teasing and reaction to Leon's victory... I almost burst into tears from laughter. :ROFLMAO: I have the same trollface as Quinn in the screenshot above.

Really? You didn't like any of the costumes? As for me, many were very cool, I even made a list, well, this is subjective:
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-9-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-9666622
Agreed. I'm a big softy Jill fan and I've found Quinn to be detestable through the first 8 chapters with how awfully she's treated people. But that conversation with Tommy made her gain quite a few points with me. She showed genuine concern for people and she actually came around to apologizing to Tommy (after a rare bout of Wisdom from Tommy of all people). It's a step in the right direction, and I'm getting redemption arc vibes from her.

Seasons 1 & 2, I'd definitely consider her an antagonist. Nearly all of the issues challenging the HOTs, DIKs and even Preps and Alphas to some degree can all be traced back to her. And she's got some serious shit to account for in regards trying to turn the HOTs into a prostitution ring, coercing pledges into participating in it, and keeping the money to herself. So she's not out of the "piece of shit" category. She's still pretty fucking deep in it.. but she might still be able to fix things.
Quinn likes messing with people, and the mc is easy to mess with, Mel & Sarah also note this.

But if you go back to the CUMPetition, if the mc let’s it progress to them having sex, and comments that she’s gonna have to take it deeper if she wants him to get off, her response is something like, “I knew I liked you for a reason”. So she’s already casually liked the mc from the get go.

Regarding Quinn’s response to the gun threat, I don’t think that shows too much. It’s a very serious thing to be threatened with a gun, nothing on that level has happened to the characters as far as we know. If I told some people at work, “Hey my friend had some dude threaten him with a gun yesterday.” Everyone would be like, “Holy shit! Is he alright!?”

As far as Tommy and Quinn reconciling, when one of your friends is threatened with a gun, it helps put what matters into perspective. They’ve been good friends for at least a year, their split was more to do with pride than anything else, but what happened with Vinny in the library, that was really serious.

As far as Quinn not wanting the mc to get hurt, straight after the mc tells her he faced off with Vinny, she asks him to accompany her to her next cash drop (pretty sure that’s what she’s getting at, since she asked how good he is at fighting and she’s worried about getting mugged again). If she really cared for his well being, the last thing she’d do is start to involve him in her shady shit.

And back to the costumes. For me, Halloween costumes should be ghosts, goblins, vampires, undead, all that kinda shit. I never get it that Americans (and maybe other cultures) dress up as firemen, princesses, astronaughts etc. It doesn’t make any sense to me. Tara’s last minute ghost sheet was more appropriate than like 80% of the costumes there.

I didn’t hate the costumes, but none of them really appealed to me. And Quinn’s kinda looked like more effort than I’d expect her to bother with.

Klepon

Jan 16, 2021
You know, one can be concerned about someone doing stupid shit like pulling a gun on someone without having good relations with whoever was the victim of it. Her expression might be simply "holy shit, what a mess, did anything bad actually happened". At least, as a non-Quinn route guy I didn't read it as concern for MC beyond regular human reaction for situation like that.
Yeah, that's a normal reaction for a normal person.
Because, everybody have empathy, no matter if they come from the slums.
Btw, thankfully, the people worried about the MC after being pointed at a gun by Vinny.
doesn't know the hidden power that the MC possesses.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Quinn likes messing with people, and the mc is easy to mess with, Mel & Sarah also note this.

But if you go back to the CUMPetition, if the mc let’s it progress to them having sex, and comments that she’s gonna have to take it deeper if she wants him to get off, her response is something like, “I knew I liked you for a reason”. So she’s already casually liked the mc from the get go.

Regarding Quinn’s response to the gun threat, I don’t think that shows too much. It’s a very serious thing to be threatened with a gun, nothing on that level has happened to the characters as far as we know. If I told some people at work, “Hey my friend had some dude threaten him with a gun yesterday.” Everyone would be like, “Holy shit! Is he alright!?”

As far as Tommy and Quinn reconciling, when one of your friends is threatened with a gun, it helps put what matters into perspective. They’ve been good friends for at least a year, their split was more to do with pride than anything else, but what happened with Vinny in the library, that was really serious.

As far as Quinn not wanting the mc to get hurt, straight after the mc tells her he faced off with Vinny, she asks him to accompany her to her next cash drop (pretty sure that’s what she’s getting at, since she asked how good he is at fighting and she’s worried about getting mugged again). If she really cared for his well being, the last thing she’d do is start to involve him in her shady shit.

And back to the costumes. For me, Halloween costumes should be ghosts, goblins, vampires, undead, all that kinda shit. I never get it that Americans (and maybe other cultures) dress up as firemen, princesses, astronaughts etc. It doesn’t make any sense to me. Tara’s last minute ghost sheet was more appropriate than like 80% of the costumes there.

I didn’t hate the costumes, but none of them really appealed to me. And Quinn’s kinda looked like more effort than I’d expect her to bother with.
Alright you've convinced me. Quinn is back to being an irredeemable cunt. :ROFLMAO:

Though, I'm not sure your co-worker hypothetical works since presumably your co-workers aren't known for coercing your other co-workers into prostitution... ...are they? :unsure:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
8% CPU usage, 35% RAM usage, 3% GPU usage. My computer is more than capable of running VN's, so I'm not sure what's causing this. Maybe the installation is corrupted or something. It's super weird. I'm running any other game and VN without any issues at all. Oh well.
It's really weird. I had similar symptoms only on the android version, because the phone was "choking" and could barely cope with the game.

It seems to me that this is such a plot trick that I heard about - a fake antagonist. A conditionally "evil" character is introduced, which then reveals that he is not the "main evil" at all, but a contradictory and complex character, and the "main evil" will actually be presented later and it is much worse.
If we remember Quinn's sins, they are pretty minor. A prostitution ring with 4 girls in it? (Riona, Camila, Mel and Sara). Petty drug dealing? Mona's blackmail? Trolling other characters? These are small things, compared to Vinny, who is a complete bastard. Or professor Burke, local Harvey Wahnstein.
And I would not say that Quinn is forcing girls into prostitution. When I saw Camila's recruitment, it's more like soft persuasion, Quinn knows exactly who to recruit - promiscuous girls with low willpower and low moral standards. Of the six new girls, only two received a "best deal".

YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022

Why not she’s all about that, with her little skull mask, and the story she tells the MC during the party talk with Sage. She dressed up as a spider last year with legs and the whole shebang. Also she has a heavy punk-alt heavy style to her, so metal, death, dark, and spooky stuff is right up her alley.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Heya!

Cheers
Are you running the 32bit or the 64bit version of the game? I was playing a VN the other day (something else) which only had one executable, but I noticed a lot of lag in it while playing it, so I hit CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and checked and noticed that the executable was a 32bit program. The game also used 1280x720 images which would have to be scaled up to fit on my screen. I think a combination of these things causes it to lag my system. My computer is not slow either.

Are you running a compressed version of the game? That could also play a role in this. Might need to download the full normal version and run the 64bit version of the executable.

The only other thing I can think of is if your video card has a low amount of video RAM and you also have other programs running, like a browser, maybe with multiple tabs etc... that may cause problems... or a combination of the above. Check background tasks, see if you can shut any of them down. I sometimes exit STEAM and a GOG program that run on startup and like to hang around in the background. Don't need them running constantly if I am not using them, so I will sometimes shut them down. Gotta watch for some software that loves to run on startup and hang out in the background, taking up resources.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Yes, but still, her reaction to the gun situation breaks the theory that "Quinn has no heart and doesn't care about people." She has a concept of empathy, for her people are not faceless pieces on a chessboard.
Further agrees that such a stressful shock situation allows for a bit of sobering up as a result of Tommy and Quinn burying the hatchet. This scene was one of the best in Episode 9 and the music is perfect.
And one more moment in this scene. Quinn's flashback with her father. I think it was shown not in vain, this scene draws a conclusion about the source of her psychological problems. Of course, the father loved his daughter and I think he never beat her, but what kind of uparenting is this? "Do not trust anyone at all except dad, and everyone else at arm's length." Of course, over the years of such propaganda, life in bad conditions, sociopathy and emotional closeness develop.

Yeah, that's reasonable, I need to think about why she's dragging him into this... Maybe he thinks he's tough enough to deal with small fry like that assailant from Ep.6, but it's still not safe. And again a mystery.

I understand. For me, this whole Halloween theme looks cool and interesting, I'm from that part of the world where Halloween is not popular. As for Tara, I think the best costume is the one she was born in.:p

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yes, but still, her reaction to the gun situation breaks the theory that "Quinn has no heart and doesn't care about people." She has a concept of empathy, for her people are not faceless pieces on a chessboard.
Further agrees that such a stressful shock situation allows for a bit of sobering up as a result of Tommy and Quinn burying the hatchet. This scene was one of the best in Episode 9 and the music is perfect.
And one more moment in this scene. Quinn's flashback with her father. I think it was shown not in vain, this scene draws a conclusion about the source of her psychological problems. Of course, the father loved his daughter and I think he never beat her, but what kind of uparenting is this? "Do not trust anyone at all except dad, and everyone else at arm's length." Of course, over the years of such propaganda, life in bad conditions, sociopathy and emotional closeness develop.

Yeah, that's reasonable, I need to think about why she's dragging him into this... Maybe he thinks he's tough enough to deal with small fry like that assailant from Ep.6, but it's still not safe. And again a mystery.

I understand. For me, this whole Halloween theme looks cool and interesting, I'm from that part of the world where Halloween is not popular. As for Tara, I think the best costume is the one she was born in.:p
It’s one thing to toy with people for your own pleasure… ok, that does sound extremely fucking psychotic… but anyway, tasering the mc in the neck actually could actually have been fatal, but I’m gonna say it probably wasn’t meant to be interpreted as such. Tasering people in the movies, especially anything like a sex comedy, is always done for laughs. But that’s probably the worst thing Quinn has done.

Everything else Quinn has done (like tossing the mc out of the HOTs naked, having covert sex with him in the CUMPetition) has definitely shown she’s wild.

But a gun can mean instant death. Nothing in the game has come close to that. Unless you are a true psychopath, that shit happening to a friend would concern you.

For all Tommy’s asshole behaviour in the past, the way he handled that situation, and helped the mc not have a fucking heart attack, was very cool. Of course his motive for calming the mc down and playing the gun off as a prop was to save his own skin (not wanting police involved etc.), but he still handled the situation really well.

Quinn hasn’t said or done anything particularly important based on that situation other than be a bit concerned that it happened. But her concern was unique to this situation, she was the only one worried that a stoned mc might fall off the roof of the DIKs, so much so that she stayed with him through his high, even if they didn’t have sex.

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
we dont know that
maybe thats what DPC wants for us to think

Reactions: shazba
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes