Zorad

Nov 2, 2017
I don't mind BADIK turning dark, if it's avoidable with MC's (the player) decisions. It could be the point for the game: to avoid that as many characters as possible for have a bad ending.

For example, all we know that Sage's destiny is dark, but at least I hope there will be a path in witch MC can be there for her, and will be able to avoid that she falls into darkness if he has adopted the right decisions during the gameplay, has been faithful and sincere with her, and has earned her trust and love.

The problem with Acting Lessons was the player didn't has any control over the destiny of story and the characters. If I don't remember wrong, out of the blue there was a fire in a house that nobody could prevent or avoid, and he had to choose between saving one or another character. People were disappointed and even angry because it's an awfully lazy and dirty way to end up a story. It's like if DPC thought "Fuck, I'm tired of this. I'm going to end up this game anyhow and fuck if players got fond of the characters"
I think we will be safe with pretty much every MG as long as we don't fuck shit up.

Sage's path has the potential to be the most depressing one given all the shit that's going to happen to her family and her best friend. But if we did everything right, we will be able to comfort her throughout the game and in the end she and MC will stay as a couple even after her graduation. If we made bad decisions however, that would leave her in a even more depressed state that she already was and she will probably break up with the MC after graduation (or even before that).

Bella has that whole situation with James. I personally believe he's still alive and will come back at the end of this season. Again, If we play her path right she will have no doubts that it's the MC she wants to be with and will officially divorce James (all of this will happen in different episodes of course). If we have a bad path with her on the other hand, I can see Bella turning us down and end up with James again. That would be a bold move on DPC's part in my opinion.

We still don't know what is the inevitable drama on Jill's path. It could be something related to her rich family not accepting MC due to him being a punk in their eyes (just like Lana was). A good ending could be a situation where MC convinces Jill's mom and dad that he is the right guy for her and blah blah blah. In a route where MC has been whoring around Jill will definitely side with her parents and break up with MC.

For Maya and Josy I feel that a huge argument is about to happen between the two and it's our decisions that will determine whether we stay as a throuple, end up with one of the girls, or break up completely. I still think that Patrick will make another surprise visit but this time he will catch Maya and Josy together and will ultimately make their lives a living hell again.

I don't think that any of the main girls will have an inevitable bad ending. If we do things right we will end up together and If we don't, we won't. Remember, even Acting Lessons had a happy ending with the girl of your choice, provided you didn't cheat on her.

Reactions: Roundell

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
Sometimes that's what makes good stories, even the ones where a player interacts and heavily influences events. Life doesn't go according to plan, and so much is outside of our control, so to a certain extent I think it's a valid grip to use in a story.
It's not, because a game is just the opposite to real life, and that's why we play them. In a game, you are "THE PLAYER", you are in control of the character and you should make the story (obviously with the limits of the game).

If everything that has happened before in the story doesn't matter because something out of the player's control happens and breaks the story, is a bad story. If the actions of the player, at the end doesn't matter because the story is the same (Indiana Jones, the Nazis would open the Arc even if Indiana Jones would never shown up in the story), its a bad story. Real life has its rules, creative writing has its own.

Mmoney7187

Sep 30, 2017
If you could add any female to the offical LI list who would you add.

I would add, Quinn, Riona, Nora, Nicole and lily.
I'm hoping after this...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That Bianca will be a possible future LI (seriously the best part about dating Jill happened 9 episodes in :ROFLMAO:)
and of course Zoey! but i'm sure that one is confirmed.

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
I'm hoping after this...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That Bianca will be a possible future LI (seriously the best part about dating Jill happened 9 episodes in :ROFLMAO:)
and of course Zoey! but i'm sure that one is confirmed.
Yeah, Bianca shot up the list, some hot posh totty! She's thirsty for the MC and that face she make's when he grabs her ass...

Reactions: Mmoney7187

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
We still don't know what is the inevitable drama on Jill's path. It could be something related to her rich family not accepting MC due to him being a punk in their eyes (just like Lana was). A good ending could be a situation where MC convinces Jill's mom and dad that he is the right guy for her and blah blah blah. In a route where MC has been whoring around Jill will definitely side with her parents and break up with MC.
I think the Jill path drama will be the MC's grandad suddenly reappearing once he finds out Lynette's son is now back into blue blood circles and he begins his remorseless meddling in their relationship.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Zorad and Roundell

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
let me get this right ep 10 gonna be shorter than 9?
i guess, thats what DPC is aiming for... but as i said, "shorter" dont have to mean anything regarding playtime when we are talking about DPC as a DEV...

DPC is throwing only around his render numbers in comparsion of being a "shorter" or "longer" episode. So he stated episode 9 was the longest so far, but it wasnt the case. If you make a scene out of a few renders, but put many lines from the characters in it, the scene is way longer than a scene with few lines and more renders. A bit clearer... in a visual novel you can use 1 single render to create a long conversation... the mc and another character could easily sit there and talk... a scene like that can be VERY long. Many many devs around here work like that.

DPC not that much. During a dialogue he changes the renders nearly every new line. Mostly only in a slight way... just chageing expressions, or a bit of background action here and there... but if you "click" forward, a new render is mostly shown with a new line. While most other games/DEVs doesnt use a new render, just showing a new line of dialogue. So.... in playtime, DPC is on the shorter end here but doing more work. The reading is what takes the most time to play a VN (if you read it that is).

And DPC was increasing the number in renders for a dialogue scene very much with each episode... if you play the game, you will notice that in the first episode, where there is a dialogue between two characters, the renders doesnt change that much...

It would be a better way to show how big a episode really is, if we and he would count the lines and words written, instead of posting just the renders numbers. But of course... counting each word is annoying as fuck, while the renders count is counted automatically by the render-queue in his PCs itself.

And to make it very clear, iam not complaining about the lenght of any episode on being a dik. Lets be for real... nearly every single episode is longer than any other episodes or even complete games out here. There are maybe only two other games around here that can get even close to the lenght of playtime compared to this game per update.

BUT this last episode took very long in development... way longer than before... and the pure playtime wasnt really longer than episode 7 or 8. It cant be the goal and right approach to just boost animations and render counts to the moon, without "telling" a story and progressing the game itself.... to be frank, most of episode 9 felt like a waste of time to me in comparsion to every other episode before. And the numbers of meaningful dialogues were very short in comparsion too. So... bottom line... episode 9 felt and indeed was a little shorter than episode 8, and the huge amount of renders and animations were not worth the long wait.

Hopefully the next episode maybe get "less" animations and renders, but more meaningful lines and dialogues.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
What happens if you launch the ball against Tybalt every time during the tennis match? I have never done that, but I think you break Tybalt's teeth. Which one are the consequences? Bella is mad, I suppose. What happens with Sage?
nothin. She didnt even mentioned that. I think she doesnt knows that... tybalt only complains about it in front of Jade, thats all... Bella is only mad in the car after the match... well... "mad" is not the right word here, only a little annoyed... even Jill doesnt bother with it afterwards.

You can say, no consequences for that.

Reactions: Roundell

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
it has been many chapters since DPC has shown the intention of shortening the next chapter, but to date it has never happened, so I would say that it remains a good proposal but will be disregarded this time too
yeah thats right... said that in a posting before, we all heard the line before "i aim for a shorter episode"... but they were getting bigger and bigger, well in count of render and animations that is...

The playtime was indeed longer too with every episode... until now. EP9 has the most renders and animations, but not the most playtime.

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
I can see why. There was a lot of duplicate scenes, the Bella Mummy/Hellmask and Jill Bee/Stupid Banana scenes being the prime candidates. The costume competition and body shot competition being another. A more linear story should hopefully feel longer while needing less time to render

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
yeah thats right... said that in a posting before, we all heard the line before "i aim for a shorter episode"... but they were getting bigger and bigger, well in count of render and animations that is...

The playtime was indeed longer too with every episode... until now. EP9 has the most renders and animations, but not the most playtime.
In my opinion playtime is a very subjective matter, I don't think you can correlate it with the greatness of the episode

I guess for fans of the new minigames the new chapter may also have an infinite playtime...

Zorad

Nov 2, 2017
I think the Jill path drama will be the MC's grandad suddenly reappearing once he finds out Lynette's son is now back into blue blood circles and he begins his remorseless meddling in their relationship.
It's not impossible but would he really try to control other people's relationships? I can understand (not agree) his desire to meddle with his daughter's romantic life, but would he go as far as trying to control ours without being related to Jill? He also doesn't seem to care about MC at all, so I don't think he would be doing that for our sake.
I can see him showing up of course, but to be the main drama point of our relationship with Jill? I think that's a bit unlikely in my opinion, at least for now.

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
I can see why. There was a lot of duplicate scenes, the Bella Mummy/Hellmask and Jill Bee/Stupid Banana scenes being the prime candidates. The costume competition and body shot competition being another. A more linear story should hopefully feel longer while needing less time to render
Not to talk about a lot of filling dialogues with random characters or Lis that I have rejected and adds nothing to my gameplay. For instance, if I´m not into Maya and Josy path, why must I talk with them several times, if they aren't going to say to me something interesting for my actual path? It's just filling material. Or the blackout, a "mission" that apparently only serves to cut too son the scene of the shots with Bella and the girls.

Also, I think that there are things that were planned and at the end were cut off because of lack of time. I thought that we could see the photos after the ending of the party, as a epilogue or something, that there would be a full scene with Sandy (she assaults MC, and then she cockblocks him... no sense at all), that the scene of the shots with Sage, Bella and the others would be longer and more spicy, that there would be more flashbacks of things that should have happened during the weeks between the midterms and the party. The date with Sage, for instance. What the fuck are they waiting for? It's just a date... That there would be sex scene with Gina, Tiffany and the other one when MC finds them in his room... More content with other Lis or random girls if in solo path...

DPC has been creating hype for this party since fucking Ep8! More than a year! And I´m afraid, it hasn't been so good, actually. The guy needs to hire some help to be able to do all he has in mind without spending a whole year per update. People to do the coding, minigames, some renders or whatever.

Last edited:

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
well tbh this update was really kinda meh… just a big house party but i would have wished maybe more meaningful content. Still a great update tho

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
In my opinion playtime is a very subjective matter, I don't think you can correlate it with the greatness of the episode

I guess for fans of the new minigames the new chapter may also have an infinite playtime...
ok i be more specific, when i say playtime, i mean the dialogues and the story told. And in this regard, ep 9 was not the longest, more like on the shorter side. And of course overall its very subjective.

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
ok i be more specific, when i say playtime, i mean the dialogues and the story told. And in this regard, ep 9 was not the longest, more like on the shorter side. And of course overall its very subjective.
Because there are already too many paths and too many characters for a game made by only a guy. The first episodes were more lineal and most of the material was common for all paths. But now DPC needs different material for Sage, Bella, Jill, Quinn, Riona, Camila, Lily, Nicole, and Maya and Josy. For instance, you need a scene of the basement with Sage, another with Bella, another with Jill... and so on. And its something that will get worse when Zoey has her own path, now that it seems that Riona, Quinn, Lily and Nicole are going to have theirs... This game has become too big for just a guy.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes