Jan 31, 2023
That is a good point, and I'm no expert in these matters, but all Opiates are non the less addictive, and are at least in my opinion interchangeable.

No, it's not, the first time we see the drug it might appear blue, but that is only an artifact of the lighting, we get to see the drug again in E9 , and the liquid completely clear, the syringe plunger is blue.
It's definitely heroin or an analogue like morphine, Buddy's sole comment in regards to Quinn's purchase of coke is "why now", it is never hinted at that Quinn doesn't deal other hard drugs.
This phantom drug that Tommy uses is very mysterious.

we know that when Quinn asks Buddy for the cocaine for Rick, Buddy is very surprised because Quinn doesn't sell "heavy stuff." we also know about the mother/stepmother and even that would rule out Quinn having anything to do with it

the syringes had been missing for so long (chapter two?) that I thought they were now a buried road, but evidently they will somehow come back into play.

I still think it's a made-up generic drug, a DPCocaine or a DPCrack, which is yes a bad drug, but not as bad as real drugs, to always stay in that limbo that doesn't come to a real conviction.
It's most likely heroin, morphine, or some other opiate, and we see the drug in E9, go look further up in the thread for more discussion on the topic.

Jan 31, 2023
Thx for reminding me the words
Tommy likes drugs and the game is set around year 2000. How can you believe someone telling you heroin is not addictive ?
Unless you are living under a rock or fell into a coma in the '70 and just reently came back to life
He trusts Quinn, he doesn't think Quinn would lie to him, but Quinn has money to make, and although she sees Tommy as someone she can hang out with, I don't think she's all that attached to Tommy.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Quinn has no aversion to selling heroin, and Tommy has stated that he wants to invite more members of the DIKs to join in his heroin club, he even tried to get Rusty in on it but he refused, I think that Quinn dealing H is something new for this semester and that she hadn't previously, therefore the number of users is still low, but she has to start off somewhere.
It's not about aversion, it's about risk. Heroin in college is an overdose. Overdoses are an investigation. Investigation is a prison. I strongly doubt that she is stupid enough to sell heroin where she lives and studies. Weed and pills are one thing, but heroin is quite another. And the prison term is different.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He trusts Quinn, he doesn't think Quinn would lie to him, but Quinn has money to make, and although she sees Tommy as someone she can hang out with, I don't think she's all that attached to Tommy.
I'm not very convinced
they almost certainly did drugs together, even for a marble head like Tommy if Quinn had refused to use it would have been extremely suspicious.

Quinn is/was not just his dealer, but a girl he was having fun with, that she suddenly didn't feel like getting high would have been extremely suspicious.

there are very few things in BADIk that work as well as they do in the real world, if drugs, a forcibly unnamed drug, were the exception it would be bizarre

Reactions: QBaSS
Jan 31, 2023
It's not about aversion, it's about risk. Heroin in college is an overdose. Overdoses are an investigation. Investigation is a prison. I strongly doubt that she is stupid enough to sell heroin where she lives and studies. Weed and pills are one thing, but heroin is quite another. And the prison term is different.
She has to compete with Vinny as Buddy's statement "if you knew how Vinny operated he wouldn't beat you in volume" implies, it's not just about what Quinn wants, she has expectations placed upon her, she can't perform significantly worse than her drug dealing peers or she risks getting cut off or getting all of her clientele stolen, it's like Rio says, her "expansion" ideas are not well thought out and she's making snap decisions, and she's stressed out, why? Because she has to rapidly expand or die (metaphorically most likely).

Reactions: Roundell
Jan 31, 2023
I'm not very convinced
they almost certainly did drugs together, even for a marble head like Tommy if Quinn had refused to use it would have been extremely suspicious.
She does use it, at least once, it's shown in game.

Quinn is/was not just his dealer, but a girl he was having fun with, that she suddenly didn't feel like getting high would have been extremely suspicious.
No one ever said anything to that effect, I merely stated that I don't think she's a habitual user of heavy drugs.

there are very few things in BADIk that work as well as they do in the real world, if drugs, a forcibly unnamed drug, were the exception it would be bizarre
What?

QBaSS

Mar 18, 2019
Looks like a pretty thin argument to me too
You have to go through so many loops
Probably Dpc doesn't know what he's talking about o he had an idea and then made a 180

Jan 31, 2023
Looks like a pretty thin argument to me too
You have to go through so many loops
Probably Dpc doesn't know what he's talking about o he had an idea and then made a 180
Also take into account that it might not solely be Quinn pushing it, but Tommy was most likely also curious about using heavier drugs, he's a wild party dude and he wants to experience new and exciting things, like heroin.

QBaSS

Mar 18, 2019
Also take into account that it might not solely be Quinn pushing it, but Tommy was most likely also curious about using heavier drugs, he's a wild party dude and he wants to experience new and exciting things, like heroin.
That's why I said he wouldn't believe heroin is not addictive.
He likes drugs and probably knows what everybody and their mother know

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
She has to compete with Vinny as Buddy's statement "if you knew how Vinny operated he wouldn't beat you in volume" implies, it's not just about what Quinn wants, she has expectations placed upon her, she can't perform significantly worse than her drug dealing peers or she risks getting cut off or getting all of her clientele stolen, it's like Rio says, her "expansion" ideas are not well thought out and she's making snap decisions, and she's stressed out, why? Because she has to rapidly expand or die (metaphorically most likely).
There is another significant nuance here. You need to imagine what the heroin trade looks like. The dealer meets with drug addicts all day. In some pre-arranged place. As a rule, crowds of drug addicts gather there. Quinn can't do that in college. Moreover, drug addicts often visit a heroin dealer without an invitation. Need compels them. Vinny can afford to do something like that. But Quinn is constantly in front of people. She can't afford it. That's why I don't believe Quinn is dealing heroin. She wouldn't be able to hide it.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Judging by way Quinn decribes the drug the first time to Tommy it can't be heroin or the like
I can't remember the exact words
There is a game in here, One day at at time, that deals with the day-to-day life of heroin addicts. And it is as realistic as you would expect from a game written and developed by a former heroin addict. I didn't really enjoy the game itself and ended up putting it down. But as an experience about what it's like to lead that shitty lifestyle it is, at the very least, recommendable.

Reactions: JavCh

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I always fight Caleb, but he's not wrong. If it wasn't for the MC, DIK would be a bunch of pussies. MC is what keeps DIK's from being publicly humiliated.
Ehh, the dude has huge weight/size advantage. Him insulting people because they won't get in a fight that's clearly against the odds is like Vinny acting all tough while he's hiding behind a gun he pulled the moment his bullshit got called out. Frankly, pretty pathetic and embarrassing mostly for himself.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
She does use it, at least once, it's shown in game.

No one ever said anything to that effect, I merely stated that I don't think she's a habitual user of heavy drugs.

What?
you are right, I remembered that you don't directly see Quinn using it

but the assumption that it's something heavy is not that it makes more sense this way, it remains very stretched.

the presence of the heroine in BADIk would be a huge "injection" of realism in a context that has always been relatively uninterested in realism, it would undo all that patina of "we will live forever"

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ChipLecsap

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
So you're a dick and an ass man? Choose a side man you can't have both at the same time!

Jan 31, 2023
That's why I said he wouldn't believe heroin is not addictive.
He likes drugs and probably knows what everybody and their mother know
Then it might be as suggested by others, it is not heroin but some other opiate analogue to heroin, even in the real world oxycontin was sold as a "non addictive" alternative to other opiates, and yet it was highly addictive, the company which marketed it as non-addictive were fully aware of that reality and sold it to the public, and lobbied (bribed) politicians to make it easier for them to sell it to the public, Tommy wanted to try something, and Quinn provided it, if her telling him that it's not really addictive is enough to push him over the edge, then it is something that he already wants to believe

There is another significant nuance here. You need to imagine what the heroin trade looks like. The dealer meets with drug addicts all day. In some pre-arranged place. As a rule, crowds of drug addicts gather there. Quinn can't do that in college. Moreover, drug addicts often visit a heroin dealer without an invitation. Need compels them. Vinny can afford to do something like that. But Quinn is constantly in front of people. She can't afford it. That's why I don't believe Quinn is dealing heroin. She wouldn't be able to hide it.
And that is exactly why Quinn has the line to Tommy when he says that he's "out", it was something like "so this is the paradigm shift in our relation, you're going to turn up like an addict looking for your next fix from now on?", Quinn is selling an opiate to Tommy, regardless of how unlikely you believe it to be, and as I've stated previously, she's not a well established dealer, she only recently started selling harder stuff, and she has only been selling at B&R for less than a year since she started attending B&R roughly one year previous to the events of BADIK.

When you're starting out as a drug dealer, or you're starting out slinging some new stuff, you're going to have a more limited clientele, and she is actively looking to grow the number of people she's selling to, Tommy even convinces her that he can bring more people in to use the new opiates, he says that they'll use the DIK mansion as their trap house, and that he's willing to be the scape-goat for her if shit hits the fan, those are literally conversations in the game.

Jan 31, 2023
you are right, I remembered that you don't directly see Quinn using it

but the assumption that it's something heavy is not that it makes more sense this way, it remains very stretched.

the presence of the heroine in BADIk would be a huge "injection" of realism in a context that has always been relatively uninterested in realism, it would undo all that patina of "we will live forever"
No, it's fairly clear that it's a heavy drug, there is at no point anything to insinuate that it isn't a heavy drug, and DPC said himself in a Q&A that there are going to be dark themes in BADIK, not as dark as AL, but still.

So you're a dick and an ass man? Choose a side man you can't have both at the same time!
I am the DIK Assman, I love dicking those asses, man. :BootyTime:

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Then it might be as suggested by others, it is not heroin but some other opiate analogue to heroin, even in the real world oxycontin was sold as a "non addictive" alternative to other opiates, and yet it was highly addictive, the company which marketed it as non-addictive were fully aware of that reality and sold it to the public, and lobbied (bribed) politicians to make it easier for them to sell it to the public, Tommy wanted to try something, and Quinn provided it, if her telling him that it's not really addictive is enough to push him over the edge, then it is something that he already wants to believe

And that is exactly why Quinn has the line to Tommy when he says that he's "out", it was something like "so this is the paradigm shift in our relation, you're going to turn up like an addict looking for your next fix from now on?", Quinn is selling an opiate to Tommy, regardless of how unlikely you believe it to be, and as I've stated previously, she's not a well established dealer, she only recently started selling harder stuff, and she has only been selling at B&R for less than a year since she started attending B&R roughly one year previous to the events of BADIK.

When you're starting out as a drug dealer, or you're starting out slinging some new stuff, you're going to have a more limited clientele, and she is actively looking to grow the number of people she's selling to, Tommy even convinces her that he can bring more people in to use the new opiates, he says that they'll use the DIK mansion as their trap house, and that he's willing to be the scape-goat for her if shit hits the fan, those are literally conversations in the game.
Well, if she and Tommy really decided to do this, then they're both complete cretins. They will be in jail. Unfortunately.:(

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
But one of the problems associated with the use of such drugs, especially heroin, is precisely that it only takes one try to get hooked on it.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes