Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
On a different note, can someone confirm if the song playing at the last scene with lily on her path is a version of House of the rising sun? Because if what she says is kinda weird that would make it even more so.
I haven't played through on a Lily path, but a version of House of the Rising Sun plays in every play through. It's after the party has ended, people are asleep, and the MC (and whoever he's with) is waking up.

Reactions: ConvertedEquis

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
My question whith better Sage or Others when you have dinner?
There is no real "better" here. If you choose Sage, your MC will start a committed relationship with Sage and stop fucking others (at least for now). If you choose "Others" you have multiple options in Ep. 9, some of which MIGHT lead to their own "semi-paths".

The basic idea would be to play all paths, since the game won't be finished for - at the very least - another two or three years.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
There was a lawyer's letter, which the MC and Neil did not understand. What if these letters said that if the MC accepted this money, he automatically waived the rest of the inheritance. As long as the check is not cashed, the MC would not have accepted the money.

It does seem odd for Quinn not to accept the money from the MC and for the money not to be used for Maya. He still has the check. For the cost of the Gym membership, the check does not have to be cashed.

This is where Agnes comes in. She has Alzheimer's. What if, for example, the grandfather used a stranger for a health care proxy because his wife, Agnes, has Alzheimer's disease. Then the grandfather dies. The person who holds the health care proxy could then abuse it.

Opportunity makes thieves.
He would had to used some of that money for the gym membership. MC told Maya is could use the money for her but seems like thats more of a if nothing else works thing also I can see Josy talking MC out of that because while its very sweet it isn't the smartest thing for mc to do and Josy is good with money

Jan 31, 2023
A Gym membership won't cost that much, especially since the MC only has the Silver membership and not the Gold like Josy. Josy did not inherit 5k.

But one other thing I find interesting. Where do you put or hide a check. In a safe or in a book. Vinny wants to get into the safe and rummages through the bookshelf from the MC.:rolleyes::unsure:
He hides the money in his bank account. Unless Vinny turns into a Nigerian prince and MC into a 90 YO senile boomer, I don't really see how he's going to manage stealing it.

Sharlie

Jan 12, 2022
There is no real "better" here. If you choose Sage, your MC will start a committed relationship with Sage and stop fucking others (at least for now). If you choose "Others" you have multiple options in Ep. 9, some of which MIGHT lead to their own "semi-paths".

The basic idea would be to play all paths, since the game won't be finished for - at the very least - another two or three years.
Ohh its hard and as i see what MC says its maybe the choise like have relationship or be a fuck man with all girl for all next game, ok we will see

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
A Gym membership won't cost that much, especially since the MC only has the Silver membership and not the Gold like Josy. Josy did not inherit 5k.

But one other thing I find interesting. Where do you put or hide a check. In a safe or in a book. Vinny wants to get into the safe and rummages through the bookshelf from the MC.:rolleyes::unsure:
It doesn't matter how the membership cost MC wouldn't be able to pay for it without the money unless Josy payed for his which Mc does tell Josy he never been able to afford something like this before and Josy says "your worth it" :unsure:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Was also wondering where those screens came from. No suprise I missed them, I'd rather bang the Black Death than that awful creature.
I can't say that I like her much, because I don't, but I don't hate her either. And being one of the main girls, I feel compelled to follow her path if only to get a different angle on the story through her arc.

Reactions: RNasc4444

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Neil told the MC that Lynette has no relatives other than her parents. However, we do not know who died. The grandmother or the grandfather. As long as either the grandmother or grandfather are still alive, the inheritance would not automatically go to the MC. That would only be possible if the grandparents died together and/or promptly.
Bruh, it's like a year later and that's still wrong :D

For any speculation you first have to make up your mind if there was a will or not. Now if you go by probability, an 18 year old girl, that ran away from home is not very likely to already have a will in play, however if they were super loaded, it could've been custom for the family to have all children make a will as soon as they hit 18.

Without a will, the order of inheritance is as follows

1. Spouse and Children, and to keep this super simple, for most cases 50% to each party, meaning even 5 Children would together only inherit 50% with the other 50% going to the spouse.

If the deceased has no spouse or children it's

2. Parents and Silblings.

So as you can see, without a will, the MC ( assuming he is the only child of his mother, which seems very likely ) given the fact that Neil and Lynette were not married would have inherited 100%.

As far as inheritance prodedure goes, nobody gets a box with a 5k$ check, some old clothes, a diary and a letter from a lawyer 2 weeks before they turn 19. So whatever the fuck happened there, the MC didn't inherit shit, either someone send him a box with all the stuff and the "who" is the million dollar question or Neil had it all the time.

That box didn't even belong to any lawyer to begin with, you don't inherit when you reach legal age, you inherit when a person dies, a guardian would have been appointed to manage those assets, and in like all but 2 states that would have defaulted to Neil (assuming he is the MC's biologial father and of course still under the assumption that there is no off setting will.)

And even if Neil wouldnt have qualified, he would have known right there and then who was appointed as the guardian. And don't even get me started on the requirements the guardian would have to meet upon accepting guardianship to "act in the best interest of the benefactor" because that sure as shit doesn't mean you throw a 5k check into a box and then seal the box, he/she would have to deposit the money and have the benefactor collect the interests.

It would be a real bummer if DPC just willed that stupid box into existence so the MC has the diary to read and some money to splash. I seriously hope the "who" is relevant and by that i mean BOOM-relevant to the story, otherwise it's a fucked up mess and a cheap tug at the heartstrings.

Last edited:

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
Bruh, it's like a year later and that's still wrong :D

For any speculation you first have to make up your mind if there was a will or not. Now if you go by probability, an 18 year old girl, that ran away from home is not very likely to already have a will in play, however if they were super loaded, it could've been custom for the family to have all children make a will as soon as they hit 18.

Without a will, the order of inheritance is as follows

1. Spouse and Children, and to keep this super simple, for most cases 50% to each party, meaning even 5 Children would together only inherit 50% with the other 50% going to the spouse.

If the deceased has no spouse or children it's

2. Parents and Silblings.

So as you can see, without a will, the MC ( assuming he is the only child of his mother, which seems very likely ) given the fact that Neil and Lynette were not married would have inherited 100%.

As far as inheritance prodedure goes, nobody gets a box with a 5k$ check, some old clothes, a diary and a letter from a lawyer 2 weeks before they turn 19. So whatever the fuck happened there, the MC didn't inherit shit, either someone send him a box with all the stuff and the "who" is the million dollar question or Neil had it all the time.

That box didn't even belong to any lawyer to begin with, you don't inherit when you reach legal age, you inherit when a person dies, a guardian would have been appointed to manage those assets, and in like all but 2 states that would have defaulted to Neil (assuming he is the MC's biologial father and of course still under the assumption that there is no off setting will.)

And even if Neil wouldnt have qualified, he would have known right there and then who was appointed as the guardian. And don't even get me started on the requirements the guardian would have to meet upon accepting guardianship to "act in the best interest of the benefactor" because that sure as shit doesn't mean you throw a 5k check into a box and then seal the box, he/she would have to deposit the money and have the benefactor collect the interests.

It would be a real bummer if DPC just willed that stupid box into existence so the MC has the diary to read and some money to splash. I seriously hope the "who" is relevant and by that i mean BOOM-relevant to the story, otherwise it's a fucked up mess and a cheap tug at the heartstrings.
I'm really hoping that it will turn out that Lynette's parents did some shady shit, or Neil didn't understand what was going on (with some manipulation by Lynette's parents), and there will be some big payoff once real lawyers get involved, but this would require DPC to know and understand all of what you laid out. I'm really not holding my breath on that.

I don't remember the specifics, but I seem to recall that DPC indicated that he's not from America and is dependent on whatever research he does rather than any kind of personal experience or stories from his family. So did he get his research right? Does he understand how inheritance works in America? I'm not really banking on it, but hopefully he'll come up with something cool.

And personally, I wouldn't consider Neil deceiving and manipulating MC all of this time to be a cool option. I'd be pretty disapointed if that was the route DPC takes.

Reactions: TimHawk
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes