TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I'm really hoping that it will turn out that Lynette's parents did some shady shit, or Neil didn't understand what was going on (with some manipulation by Lynette's parents), and there will be some big payoff once real lawyers get involved, but this would require DPC to know and understand all of what you laid out. I'm really not holding my breath on that.

I don't remember the specifics, but I seem to recall that DPC indicated that he's not from America and is dependent on whatever research he does rather than any kind of personal experience or stories from his family. So did he get his research right? Does he understand how inheritance works in America? I'm not really banking on it, but hopefully he'll come up with something cool.

And personally, I wouldn't consider Neil deceiving and manipulating MC all of this time to be a cool option. I'd be pretty disapointed if that was the route DPC takes.
DPC is from sweden and he said that from a law/realism point of view he goes with a mix of the US system and the swedish system and I'll be the first to admit that I know fuck all about swedish inheritance law, but I also can't fathom it to be a complete 180 to US law.

If we are to believe that it was an inheritance the will/no will question would have to be solved first, but who the fuck makes a will stating "My legal heir shall recieve all my belongings 2 weeks shy of his 19's birthday in a box."

I said this before, what makes the most sense is that Lynette is alive but if that's the case Neil must be aware of it, because I just can't imagine a plausible way from him to get decieved about her death.

In that scenario, everything else suddenly makes a whole lot more sense too. What 23 year old keeps his dick dry for 19 years and still starts having mental breakdowns at her "day of death" when he only knew her for what ? a year ? 2 tops ? Humans can deal with death, even if it takes a long time, but as young as he was ? That's anything but normal and more on par with guilt and regret than loss.

Then there are all the small things, where is Lynette's grave ? Why did her entire family and friends just walk out of the MC's life ? They may all have hated Neil with a passion, but the MC ? Like wouldn't one of her besties contact him and tell the MC "This is who your mom was" or just plain be there for him as a female role model to lean on ?

I really hope we get a good story out of it, because from what we know so far, none of it makes any sense. The professionalism with which DPC handled his entire project also makes me believe that he didn't waste all this time and assets on a dead character who has no role to play going forward, but alas it's all speculation untill we know more.

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
I said this before, what makes the most sense is that Lynette is alive but if that's the case Neil must be aware of it, because I just can't imagine a plausible way from him to get decieved about her death.
Personally, I don't think that's the most likely scenerio. I think it's more likely that Lynette's parents did some shady stuff (possibly illegal stuff) to keep MC from getting his inheritance. It's possible that one of the grandparents died recently, and it prompted the other to toss him a bone, but it's also possible that the grandparent that died was the one holding his inheritance back and Lynette just didn't have much in the way of personal assets at 18. Edit: Or maybe someone just had a change of heart and tossed him a bone?

To me, that's more likely than her being alive all this time and Neil deceiving MC from the get go.

In that scenario, everything else suddenly makes a whole lot more sense too. What 23 year old keeps his dick dry for 19 years and still starts having mental breakdowns at her "day of death" when he only knew her for what ? a year ? 2 tops ? Humans can deal with death, even if it takes a long time, but as young as he was ? That's anything but normal and more on par with guilt and regret than loss.
Gonna disagree on that one. Everyone deals with grief differently, and it seems perfectly plausible to me that Neil would still get emotional at least one day a year, especially in a dramatic story.

Then there are all the small things, where is Lynette's grave ? Why did her entire family and friends just walk out of the MC's life ? They may all have hated Neil with a passion, but the MC ? Like wouldn't one of her besties contact him and tell the MC "This is who your mom was" or just plain be there for him as a female role model to lean on ?
I don't think the fact that we haven't seen a scene with Lynette's grave in it is good evidence that there isn't one. I'm having a hard time imagining a scene with it shoe-horned in that wouldn't seem a bit contrived and tacked on.

As for her family, I completely believe that Lynette's parents were petty and vindictive enough to write him out of their lives. And who's to say that any extended family knows that he exists? Or Lynette's friends? Lynette's parents may have made some kind of manipulative power move that kept Neil out of her funeral, or made it private enough that Lynette's friends weren't there. I think that it's a mistake to assume that Lynette's friends know about MC's existence.

Edit: Also, how do we know that Neil has kept his dick dry for 19 years? For the purpose of this game/story, I can see never really addressing Neil's sex life, but we shouldn't jsut assume he's celibate.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaxMan

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
Oh, and that's interesting to know about the whole mix of Sweden and US thing. Man, I wish America had more elements from Sweden. An actually functioning, non-predatory healthcare system would be nice.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
As for her family, I completely believe that Lynette's parents were petty and vindictive enough to write him out of their lives. And who's to say that any extended family knows that he exists? Or Lynette's friends? Lynette's parents may have made some kind of manipulative power move that kept Neil out of her funeral, or made it private enough that Lynette's friends weren't there. I think that it's a mistake to assume that Lynette's friends know about MC's existence.
Agree to disagree on all of the above but this one I just can't let go. An 18 year old girl runs away from home and is all alone and in the 9 months she is pregnant she is supposed to never tell her best friends or have them visit her at all ? If that's the case, then there better be dragons, elves, dwarves and some serious wand waving magic in the following episodes because that seems so unlikely that we may aswell go full fantasy.

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
Agree to disagree on all of the above but this one I just can't let go. An 18 year old girl runs away from home and is all alone and in the 9 months she is pregnant she is supposed to never tell her best friends or have them visit her at all ? If that's the case, then there better be dragons, elves, dwarves and some serious wand waving magic in the following episodes because that seems so unlikely that we may aswell go full fantasy.
It's absolutely believable if her parents told her friends that Lynette died and so did the child. Whether or not they had contact with her beforehand wouldn't matter, especially if her parents threatened Neil with some kind of made up legal action or to bury him if he told anyone in their social circle that MC was alive. I can definitely see scenarios where the rich abuse their power to push out the poor, whether or not they're in the right legally. Neil is demonstrably ignorant of the law and his rights.

I was a union steward for several years and ignorance of your rights is extremely common in America. Also, yes, rich people and corporations do illegal and shady stuff all the time. They'll trick people into signing things that aren't legally binding, but they act as if it is. I've literally seen judges throw out signed documents liket that before on the basis that there was no way that the employee understood what they were signing.

Reactions: JaxMan

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
Again, this is a dramatic fictional story by DPC, and who knows what his understanding of the law is, but we're definitely not talking about the stuff of fairies and dragons here. The rich abuse their power all the time and the poor often don't understand their rights.

That being said, I've also worked with construction workers a lot, and there's no way I'd classify them as poor. That, honestly, is one of the biggest plot holes in the game. There's no way Neil should be poor. He is for the purpose of this story, but onstruction workers in America (assuming they're actually working) are anything but poor.

Reactions: dalli_x

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
It's absolutely believable if her parents told her friends that Lynette died and so did the child. Whether or not they had contact with her beforehand wouldn't matter, especially if her parents threatened Neil with some kind of made up legal action or to bury him if he told anyone in their social circle that MC was alive. I can definitely see scenarios where the rich abuse their power to push out the poor, whether or not they're in the right legally. Neil is demonstrably ignorant of the law and his rights.

I was a union steward for several years and ignorance of your rights is extremely common in America. Also, yes, rich people and corporations do illegal and shady stuff all the time. They'll trick people into signing things that aren't legally binding, but they act as if it is. I've literally seen judges throw out signed documents liket that before on the basis that there was no way that the employee understood what they were signing.
I totally agree with "illegal and shady stuff", but you take it to the level of mind control. Like the friends don't investigate at all and the parents add an extra empty grave to the cemetery for their "dead" grandchild ? I mean there is shady and then there is WTF??? Not to mention what it would take for them not to be there in the hospital when she gave birth. That would mean they never met Neil (which we already know is not true), then they never extended their condolences for his loss of partner and child or offered any assistance. I don't even how know how they would have muzzled the baby, smuggled it past the visitors and then handed it to Neil without anyone of her friends noticing. It again veers into the land of the fantastical and for all of this to even have a remote chance of happening the parents would have to know in advance that their daughter would die, and actually be present at the hospital, which also seems rather unlikely.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Also with the mod deleted and a play again to the same point (from a earlier safe point) it's still the same problem, a little bit strange.
You've killed the playthrough by having multiple paths left open after the ep 8 decision. Because Bella and Jill wear different outfits depending on whether you're on their path or not the game gets stuck when they turn up because it doesn't know what outfit they should be in. If you're on Sage path, Josy/Maya path or Jill path then Bella should be wearing the Hell Week mask when playing truth or drink, on Bella's path she should be wearing a mummy outfit. Likewise if you're on Sage path, Josy/Maya path or Bella path then Jill should be dressed as a sexy bee during interactions with other characters, but if you're on the Jill path she should be a huge banana instead.

Reactions: Jumbi and Nboerke
Jan 31, 2023
I need help, I experience an infinite loop currently in episode 9. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it is a bug. But if someone could help me, that would be nice!

It starts here:
View attachment 2424668
And then te scene stops at this image
View attachment 2424667

After this scene, the scene repeats itself to the first image posted and so far i can't go out of this loop. I tried to play up to this scene in another way and tried another download, but it doesn't work. Do I mis something?

Thanks, AJ

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
I totally agree with "illegal and shady stuff", but you take it to the level of mind control. Like the friends don't investigate at all and the parents add an extra empty grave to the cemetery for their "dead" grandchild ? I mean there is shady and then there is WTF??? Not to mention what it would take for them not to be there in the hospital when she gave birth. That would mean they never met Neil (which we already know is not true), then they never extended their condolences for his loss of partner and child or offered any assistance. I don't even how know how they would have muzzled the baby, smuggled it past the visitors and then handed it to Neil without anyone of her friends noticing. It again veers into the land of the fantastical and for all of this to even have a remote chance of happening the parents would have to know in advance that their daughter would die, and actually be present at the hospital, which also seems rather unlikely.
No. Manipulation, bullying, and threats are anything but mind control. By your logic, coersion and deciet is a kind of magic. Human trafficking certainly can't be real, where victims don't go to the police because of the lies they were told, because that would be mind control. The stuff of fairies and dragons. Wage theft wouldn't be the most common kind of theft in America (which iit is) without people standing up for themselves and their rights, because that would be a kind of magic.

And the hyperbole is a bit much. No, it's unlikely there's an extra grave for the kid, unless they splurge for it. Claims of cremation are more likely, and they wouldn't have to do a thing for that excuse.

And who the hell brings all of their friends from out of state to their hospital when they give birth? No one knows when they need to rush to the hospital, and many women are lucky to have even their partner there when it happens. To expect everyone they know to be there when it happens really is the stuff of fantasies. If you happen to know someone who had all of their loved ones live close by and have the luxury (and determination) to spend weeks on standby, then good for you. That's not how it goes for most people.

And no, what I laid out doesn't require them to have never met Neil. If he got threatened and bullied enough to not tell people about MC (assuming Lynette's friends reach out to him on more than one or two occassions), then it's very believable for him not to tell them the truth. Especially if he got coerced into signing somethinng shady (that wouldn't stand up in court, but Neil doesn't know that).

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Read my post again, which is a reply to another post. You only confirm what I wrote. Namely, a legal order of inheritance.:rolleyes:
How can this then be wrong?
Oh, so what you ment is that it wasn't a inheritance from Lynette at all, but rather from either her mom or dad aka one of the MC's grandparents dying ?

If that's what you ment, then there still would be no legal way to confuse who actually died. The MC would have been notified of the death (if he was determined to be one of the benefactors) and then, being of legal age, he has to sign and accept his inheritance and no he can't pawn that of to his dad. :D

And given what he got, it would have to have been via a will, because as a grandson you don't inherit your mothers clothes or diary, but you do climb the inheritance ladder if there are no children, if what you say is true and Lynette was an only child it would have been the remaining spouse(grandparent) and then the MC.

So the inheritance via will would absolutely be possible, but not sneak it past the MC.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes