Jan 19, 2023
just think about when the game is finally done (most likely between 2027-2029 by the dev speed) and we look back and say "dude it's been almost 10 years since the first episode, can't believe this game has been part of my life for almost a decade" an then we'll think "now what?", when it's done there's going to be a void left inside us that will be hard to fill....
When I first read "2027-2029" I thought it was a joke...but then I realized we are in 2023. Fuck, we are getting old :LOL:

• Sad
Reactions: VOYEUR

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Well, jealousy can also manifest itself in that sense, true. And we can't be sure whether that can ever happen or not. Although that would imply that Tommy actually is a worse person than I'd like to admit. For that reason, I tend to believe that the trigger for his unhealthy jealousy would be if he discovers a potential relationship between Quinn and Fuckface. And the monster would start to grow from there.

You see. I have to admit that not long ago I did not believe that Tommy could see Quinn that way. In fact, I used to think that his reaction to Jacob's revelation of the fuck between the MC and Quinn on the rooftop of the DIKs' mansion was of simple and plain surprise, like his thinking going something like: "Wow! This maggot has fucked Quinn? The Quinn I know? This guy must really be natural born DIK material!".

But then I came accross a post by Alphaeboy in which he firstly alluded to what Heather tells us about Tommy when we speak to her after we get rid of the drunk jock sleeping on her bed during the free roam event at the HOT sorority (episode 7).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Then Alphaeboy reminded us how Tommy reacts at the beginning of episode 5 when Jacob reveals during the evaluation of Fuckface and Derek that the MC should get one point for having sex in public, as he saw Fuckface banging Quinn on the rooftop the night before.

I am pretty sure that this has been discussed in this thread many times since it was first created. But I have only been actively following it for the last two or three months. And in my time here, it was by reading Alphaeboy's thoughts on this that I first looked at this with someone else's perspective. And then I checked in the game what he was talking about and realized that it made all the sense in the world.
Exactly but I also mentioned just earlier in the thread that; he pretty much made it clear when he was hurt by her ditching DIKs in ep.6

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
This is the same feeling of emptiness when you finished a good story game and don't know what to do next, when you realize that your adventures are over and there will be no more continuation, but you would like to plunge into this world again. You look back and say "Damn that was awesome."
And something like this start to play in your head:
Love that piece and all the rest of the music from Mass Effect 3's Citadel DLC! Nice choice, sir.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
It is sometimes hard to say what is mediocre in the sea of mediocrity that is the F95Zone, but Acting Lessons is pretty easily placed in the top half of games that are available here. Even if I am underselling it, the cult following it has demonstrates that people value it. Even people who hate it usually admit that it is only because it hurt them and caused them pain. Sure, the curve may be busted by how many inept and awful games are here (sometimes it seems like a 10-1 radio in favor of crap) but I was able to play it all the way through to quite a few different endings (there are 22 of them) and not feel like I wasted my time. It seems like a simple and provincial game compared to this monstrous leviathan of a gaming experience, but there is a certain school of thought that VNs are actually better when they are smaller self-contained stories. Maybe BADIK would have been better off as a series of games about the same characters each about the length of Acting Lessons.
I deffinitelly think it could be a series. either this or after he finishes what he has planned he could grab a few characters and create a spin-off. There are things I think he could have explored and I am pretty sure he won't untill the end of the game.
But who knows... maybe in the future he brings us another story that will keep us hooked as much as BAD.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Played through the others route as a departure from my "regular" play. Found it super enjoyable because . . .

1) I felt no obligation to ease up on torturing Tybalt. Antagonize at every opportunity - check. Punch in the face - check. Knock teeth out on tennis court - check. Not caring about what Jill or Bella think was quite liberating. It felt goooood.

2) Focused on treating Josy nice because I want to keep the chance alive of getting her into bed again. Relationship path closed? Sure (for now). Does it mean that I can't make every choice possible to create division in her relationship with Maya? Nope. Hoping that what I see as a provided opportunity to lay some groundwork is actually going to come good. Divide and conquer!

Still ended up with neutral affinity. Turns out I'm not very good at being bad.
Also a big Josy fan go the same route as you but I also love my girl Sage. So play Sage and sow as much division as I can between Josy and Maya. Jozy said it herself She would love to have Sage in a foursome. And the whole dare Jozy to kiss Sage at the party made it clear Sage would be into that. So my dream mission is to get those 2 together in my bed at the end.

Lamayo

Nov 30, 2019
Being a DIK [v0.8.2] [Dr PinkCake] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.
Original Win/Linux Size: 18.60 GB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 4.41 GB
- - - PIXELDRAIN -

Original Mac Size: 18.56 GB
Compressed Mac Size: 4.38 GB
- - - PIXELDRAIN

Edit: Updated to v0.8.2

More mirror For V0.8.0 (include MEGA) by Haremlover52. Thank for mirroring.

Very big thank to rpdl for supporting the Torrent!!

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version
Hey I downloaded this and extracted it but whenever I run it I keep getting this:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'renpy/common/000atl.rpy', 1631219226, 13) is defined twice, at renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25 and game/BeingADIK-0.8.2-pc/renpy/common/000atl.rpyc:25.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 482, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'renpy/common/000atl.rpy', 1631219226, 13) is defined twice, at renpy/common/000atl.rpy:25 and game/BeingADIK-0.8.2-pc/renpy/common/000atl.rpyc:25.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, jealousy can also manifest itself in that sense, true. And we can't be sure whether that can ever happen or not. Although that would imply that Tommy actually is a worse person than I'd like to admit. For that reason, I tend to believe that the trigger for his unhealthy jealousy would be if he discovers a potential relationship between Quinn and Fuckface. And the monster would start to grow from there.

You see. I have to admit that not long ago I did not believe that Tommy could see Quinn that way. In fact, I used to think that his reaction to Jacob's revelation of the fuck between the MC and Quinn on the rooftop of the DIKs' mansion was of simple and plain surprise, like his thinking going something like: "Wow! This maggot has fucked Quinn? The Quinn I know? This guy must really be natural born DIK material!".

But then I came accross a post by Alphaeboy in which he firstly alluded to what Heather tells us about Tommy when we speak to her after we get rid of the drunk jock sleeping on her bed during the free roam event at the HOT sorority (episode 7).

Then Alphaeboy reminded us how Tommy reacts at the beginning of episode 5 when Jacob reveals during the evaluation of Fuckface and Derek that the MC should get one point for having sex in public, as he saw Fuckface banging Quinn on the rooftop the night before.

I am pretty sure that this has been discussed in this thread many times since it was first created. But I have only been actively following it for the last two or three months. And in my time here, it was by reading Alphaeboy's thoughts on this that I first looked at this with someone else's perspective. And then I checked in the game what he was talking about and realized that it made all the sense in the world.
I believe that if the relationship between MC and Quinn were to have such an important effect, it would have already had some effect.

there is virtually no difference in Tommy's behaviour whether MC 'hangs out' with Quinn or not, and he's known since chapter five by now, he knows that she and MC threw the party.

Heather is simply Tommy's safe fuck, we never get a glimpse of any particular romantic involvement, so if the story were to break up it wouldn't be that big a surprise

we'll see

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I'm sure Tommy already hates Fuckface. Even if he doesn't fully realize it yet. He was used to being the first in this place. The leader. Rusty doesn't count, he's just a sponsor. And then some rookie appears and takes his crown. Tommy will do everything he can to drown Fuckface in shit, in the eyes of everyone.
Yeah, No. Tommy has an impulsive personality, but he not feels hatred toward MC . In fact, he is actually matured more than people give him credit for it.
He recognized, let alone, he even admitted to MC, that he wont be around forever, and the Diks legacy need to be continue, and even he recognize that the future of the Diks is probably MC.

Yeah, he even told this Quinn
BeingADIK 2023-03-08 10-01-23-39.jpg
BeingADIK 2023-03-08 10-01-28-34.jpg
BeingADIK 2023-03-08 10-01-37-13.jpg
and it doesn't mean he literally hate him. :ROFLMAO:
It's just annoying to see your successor being so good.:ROFLMAO:.
and of course unlike Vinny, MC doesn't want to take over his role, he doesn't have to, He already almost equal with them.:cool:.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Yeah, No. Tommy has an impulsive personality, but he not feels hatred toward MC . In fact, he is actually matured more than people give him credit for it.
He recognized, let alone, he even admitted to MC, that he wont be around forever, and the Diks legacy need to be continue, and even he recognize that the future of the Diks is probably MC.

View attachment 2448446
View attachment 2448447
View attachment 2448448
and of course unlike Vinny, MC doesn't want to take over his role, he doesn't have to, He already almost equal with them.:cool:.
The drugs doesn't help either. They do more than smoking weed.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

KaiserPyro

Mar 21, 2020
Even if she are accustomed to Quins manners. There comes a point when all the screaming being slapped and treated like shit overhaul becomes a too much for her. As you go through the game you can clearly see its starting to take its toll. Quin starts pushing her away aswell hiding things from her. I really hope that one render of her lying on the floor with pill bottle for season 3 is not somehow link to this. I have a feeling it might be. And it will be up to the MC to prevent that from happening. Just a theory tho. Thats why I always do her stuff regardless of what path I take can't let her going down the Suicide route.
I've never seen this render. Can someone post it?

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
The drugs doesn't help either. They do more than smoking weed.
Yeah, thats definitely one of the major factor for his impulsive behaviour :ROFLMAO:.
He also probably has shitty parent drama, like every character, because every character has some parent drama.
and We dont really know yet, how little evil and devious my little Bitch Josy truly is:devilish::ROFLMAO:
I'm sure she found very way, to Snitch on him and make him looks worse then he is:LOL::ROFLMAO:

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021

View attachment 2448446
View attachment 2448447
View attachment 2448448
Well, OK, we'll see everything eventually. Let's see what a pleasant surprise our friend, nice guy Tommy, will prepare for us.

Reactions: noctarima

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Well, OK, we'll see everything eventually. Let's see what a pleasant surprise our friend, nice guy Tommy, will prepare for us.
bit Hypocritical coming from Quinn fan don't you think? :p :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes