Abazzaba

Sep 9, 2021
The whole choosing between Sage and Jill. Jill does come off as a bit of a hypocrite for someone who cares so much about other people. Loosing points with her because you choose to help a sick person.
I think it's more that she had a whole special surprise date planned out for you.
Is it fair that she's upset by it being canceled to help a sick person?
Not really, but it's understandable.
You can't help feeling slighted in that kind of situation even if it's justifiable.
Emotions are selfish that way.

Reactions: shazba

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
The whole choosing between Sage and Jill. Jill does come off as a bit of a hypocrite for someone who cares so much about other people. Loosing points with her because you choose to help a sick person.
I think it's more that she had a whole special surprise date planned out for you.
You can't help feeling slighted in that kind of situation even if it's justifiable.
I don't feel she's being hypocritical at all. It's completely understandable because of who you're helping. Sage is, for all intents and purposes, just some girl. She isn't your sister or mother or something, she's a potential rival for your affections and technically "just a friend" at that point. Sure, she's sick, but she isn't dying, and she could very easily either take care of herself, or have some other person take care of her instead of the MC. Sage wants the MC to come help her because she likes him. Jill realizes this and is hurt you pick Sage over her, especially with a date to a special place planned out.

At least that's how I see it.
(and for the record, I don't really have a favorite between the 2 of them)

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
No its not really fair. She planned this without you knowing that is not your fault. And you told sage you will come and help before Jill comes around. Any normal person would understand that would be the right thing to do. That really didn't take so much planning and she could easily have just postponed it a bit

Reactions: dalli_x

Abazzaba

Sep 9, 2021
No its not really fair. She planned this without you knowing that is not your fault. And you told sage you will come and help before Jill comes around. Any normal person would understand that would be the right thing to do. That really didn't take so much planning and she could easily have just postponed it a bit
I know.
I said it's not fair.
My point was that it doesn't have to be for her being upset to make sense.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
I know.
I said it's not fair.
My point was that it doesn't have to be for her being upset to make sense.
No I understand what you said. That just goes back to what I said from the start. She is being a hypocrite. She cares about other people until it affects her then she can't care any less.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I don't feel she's being hypocritical at all. It's completely understandable because of who you're helping. Sage is, for all intents and purposes, just some girl. She isn't your sister or mother or something, she's a potential rival for your affections and technically "just a friend" at that point. Sure, she's sick, but she isn't dying, and she could very easily either take care of herself, or have some other person take care of her instead of the MC. Sage wants the MC to come help her because she likes him. Jill realizes this and is hurt you pick Sage over her, especially with a date to a special place planned out.

Jill will bite herself in the ass because she is well on her way to becoming friends with Sage. She will learn so the MC helped Sage when she was sick in bed.

Are you still thinking what Maya said to the MC in EP3 when she asked him what he would do if he was rich all of a sudden. The MC said so he would renovate the house for and with his father and it would make him happy to see his father happy about it. Maya answered that this would be very unselfish of the MC.

This unselfish can be applied throughout the game. Just help Sage with her problem with Chad and then when she wants to kiss the MC, turn it down. Turn her down when she's playing guitar, etc.. All unselfish help.

With Jill it's a little different. Jill helps the MC whether he wants it or not and the MC makes up for his debt to Jill. The same thing Jill and Isabella will do for the MC, because without ulterior motives he helps Jill to fulfill her biggest wish. The concert. This touches Isabella and Jill deeply and they will not forget it. Jill even says so she will never forget this evening.

This is also the reason why Jill wears the banana or bee costume. When the MC is on Jill Branch and the princess successfully saves Jill from Tybalt, Jill doesn't get the confidence she would need and goes into a sentimental dependency on the MC. But if the player is not on Jill's Branch, helped her at the concert and does not save her from Tybalt, she will understand so that the MC only gave her the push to overcome her stage fright. The rest of the concert she played alone on stage. She can build on this accumulated self-confidence. The MC also proves so that he helped her without having ulterior motives regarding sex.

Isabella is overjoyed because the MC has accomplished something that she could not. She herself has been trying to get Jill to stop being so naive by talking to her. But she did not get through to Jill with the talks. The MC, on the other hand, didn't talk to Jill about it, but he taught Jill through the concert.

The whole thing culminates in EP9 when Jill, Maya and Sage talk. Sage already knows that the MC helps unselfishly. That's why she helps Maya. But she has the wrong idea about Jill. Why? Tybalt doesn't do anything unselfishly and Sage thought all along so Jill is just like Tybalt. Sage is proven wrong and the two become friends, I'm sure.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: osculim

osculim

Aug 21, 2019

That is being super selfish. She barely know Sage. If Jill cared so much she could have postponed the date. The fact that you want to help sage should tell her that sage is more than just some girl to MC.

kire37

Dec 5, 2019
so the last time i played this game is version 0.8.1(episode 1 - 8) , and now there is interlude and season 9 with separate folder . but , there is version 0.8.3 where there is bug fix and how i can download that . so what i need to do ? anybody can help ?

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
so the last time i played this game is version 0.8.1(episode 1 - 8) , and now there is interlude and season 9 with separate folder . but , there is version 0.8.3 where there is bug fix and how i can download that . so what i need to do ? anybody can help ?
Version 0.8.3 fixed some bugs and removed some songs, so that's up to you. Then to continue the story you need Episode 9, Interlude comes with it, and from now own there's two separate "games" for it. One for episodes one to eight and another one for Interlude forwards.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
You can go with 0.8.1 if you want, you dont ahve to change that, 0.8.1 conmcludes season 1 and two, and this will forever be the case.

Yeah there are some bugfixes in 0.8.3 but honestly? those bugs never occured in a playthrough for me, or i never noticed. They are minor bugs anyways i think.

Nearly every complain about "bugs" or problems around here are due to used cheats and mods. So no you dont need 0.8.3.

But the major changes were about the music... i love the music in 0.8.1 and yeah the changes in 0.8.3 are a set back... so i went with 0.8.1 a while. Recently i used 0.8.3 to create new playthroughs though, and i must say... since season 3 uses the same music and more like 0.8.3 its kinda a better fit overall. If i play it with the old music there is a little bit of a "cut" between season 2 and 3 that feels odd around the soundtrack. But that is just me... so yeah after some time getting used to it, i prefer playing season 1+2 with version 0.8.3 now.

Anyways, you can use 0.8.1 in the future, no problems here, and for the interlude and season 3 you always have to import the save out of season 2 which you have to make at the end of it. This is the way to go now, and will not change anymore i think.

If you prefer the music out of 0.8.1, you can stick with it... if not, you can savely use 0.8.3 without losing anything. You dont have to worry if 0.8.1 or 0.8.3 saves will work with season 3, they do, and will so in the future. That is, if you didnt use any mods...

RangaTheBanga

Mar 1, 2023
Version 0.8.3 fixed some bugs and removed some songs, so that's up to you. Then to continue the story you need Episode 9, Interlude comes with it, and from now own there's two separate "games" for it. One for episodes one to eight and another one for Interlude forwards.
my game keeps crashing at the start where jacob and tommy are talking can anyone help please

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes