Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
But if he was "a bad guy" he would act like an asshole regardless of the MC's attitude, right? I don't really know what Vinny's role is yet... it didn't seem clear to me...
Well, to Vinny, the MC is an unknown quantity. Assholes are assholes, sure. But to a complete random stranger they can, sometimes, be neutral, too. Or, at least, less of an asshole. But if you go at them with various degrees of assholery, they'll pay you back in kind. Chick MC is a nice dude, Vinny has no reason, currently, to just go 100mph on the first meet.

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Playing Ep.9 again made me question one thing. Will Vinny be an exclusive villain for a DIK MC? Why would Vinny have a rivalry with the CHICK MC? The only way I see the CHICK MC feuding with Vinny is if Tommy drags him into it somehow. Weird that Vinny's reaction changes drastically depending on how you deal with him. If you're aggressive he's even more aggressive, but if you're friendly it's like he's there to give you advice.
I think no matter what you do, Vinnie always flashes his gun, so it's fair to assume that that's the message that DPC wanted to get across, and what you make of that is up to you of course.

I have always believed that Vinnie is the main antagonist, but wether that's true or not...well we will have to wait and see.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
I think no matter what you do, Vinnie always flashes his gun, so it's fair to assume that that's the message that DPC wanted to get across, and what you make of that is up to you of course.

I have always believed that Vinnie is the main antagonist, but wether that's true or not...well we will have to wait and see.
Yes, he always shows the gun. But he only shoves it in the MC's face if he punches him. I found something interesting... In Ep.8, the guy who gave the MC kickboxing tips says something similar to Vinny when the MC says he has no intention of fighting Caleb.

MC: "I'm not looking to fight him."
New Guy: "Sometimes that option's a luxury."

In Ep.9, when the MC tells Vinny not to start a fight because he has no intentions of fighting Vinny:

MC "Trust me, you don't want to fight me, so don't start one."
Vinny "Don't start a fight? Haha! Life doesn't work that way."

Reactions: TimHawk

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023

Going to have a Dalli moment here. Bare with me a moment.

What if... Derek is the main antagonist and he is just playing the village idiot with his long con?

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
This is the moment when Derek in Ep. 9 behaved a little cringe.
But in fact it's true, Zoey is much better, older and the very first MC's friend. Unfortunately, the Interlude doesn't show much of this due to script errors, but if you read Zoey diary, more details of their relationship are revealed there.
She is a better friend and at least isn't going around trying to fuck everything that moves, I hope Zoey has a role in 3 season

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Going to have a Dalli moment here. Bare with me a moment.

What if... Derek is the main antagonist and he is just playing the village idiot with his long con?

It would be one of the saddest moments if that were true or if Derek betrayed the MC in the end somehow.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
She is a better friend and at least isn't going around trying to fuck everything that moves, I hope Zoey has a role in 3 season
Well with interlude and her appearance at the party it would be weird if she didn't have a role. I have a feeling she will be placed up there with the other main LI girls. So, perhaps, nearing the end of Season 3 MC, and Zoey, will get back together, or something. Or certainly on that path.

Reactions: Darkwen

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
Since there's a lot of Derek talk, has anyone noticed that maybe Derek isn't all that dumb as he appears to be?

There's an old post I read on r/beingaDIK that explains some reasons as to why.

But honestly, I'm pretty sure Derek Boy is just the type of guy to be like "Why bother listening to a 2 hour class if I can just watch and speed run the lesson online for 5 mins"

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Yes, he always shows the gun. But he only shoves it in the MC's face if he punches him. I found something interesting... In Ep.8, the guy who gave the MC kickboxing tips says something similar to Vinny when the MC says he has no intention of fighting Caleb.

MC: "I'm not looking to fight him."
New Guy: "Sometimes that option's a luxury."

In Ep.9, when the MC tells Vinny not to start a fight because he has no intentions of fighting Vinny:

MC "Trust me, you don't want to fight me, so don't start one."
Vinny "Don't start a fight? Haha! Life doesn't work that way."
Great find and conclusion and yea that's exactly what I believe will eventually unfold.

The standing Vinnie theory at least among some is :

Vinnie uses the DIK laptop to post the Cathy pic, in an attempt to force Rusty to resign for 2 reasons. One because he knows that Rusty is the entire DIK treasury and two because it promotes Tommy to president.

Vinnie then has the DIK mansion trashed, leaving the DIK's without money and a trashed home.

Vinne takes a bundle of cash, meets with Tommy and says "Hey I heard you guys ran into a problem, how about I help you guys out and in return you let me use the mansion as an HQ to deal out of" , since the Mansion still has Burgmeister protection.

Vinnie has Quinn jumped and her money stolen, so that she has to raise her prices and ruin her customer base.

So in short, Vinnie wants B&R for himself.

But again, it's just a theory.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Since there's a lot of Derek talk, has anyone noticed that maybe Derek isn't all that dumb as he appears to be?

There's an old post I read on r/beingaDIK that explains some reasons as to why.

But honestly, I'm pretty sure Derek Boy is just the type of guy to be like "Why bother listening to a 2 hour class if I can just watch and speed run the lesson online for 5 mins"
Derek is an idiot on the counts that he dips his wick in crazy. Drinks far too much. Is lazy. A hedonist and acts with out caution. But he doesn't lack intelligence. Consider the family he comes from - They are pretty smart folk. So, everything Maya was taught at an early age... Derek was too. The problem he has is that he always takes the path of least resistance.

He could easily do all the work legit. He is a fool, but he is not stupid.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
You can be smart and dumb at the same time. Derek is apparently smart when it comes to his grades, but he's just plain stupid as a person.

Vinnie uses the DIK laptop to post the Cathy pic, in an attempt to force Rusty to resign for 2 reasons. One because he knows that Rusty is the entire DIK treasury and two because it promotes Tommy to president.
I always thought Quinn was responsible for the Cathy incident. She knew that Tommy wanted the DIK presidency and this was a way to remove Rusty from the presidency. There is a scene in the game where Tommy and Quinn talk about this, about Tommy wanting the presidency of the DIKS and Quinn wanting the HOTs. :unsure:

Reactions: dav3knight

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
You can be smart and dumb at the same time. Derek is apparently smart when it comes to his grades, but he's just plain stupid as a person.

I always thought Quinn was responsible for the Cathy incident. She knew that Tommy wanted the DIK presidency and this was a way to remove Rusty from the presidency. There is a scene in the game where Tommy and Quinn talk about this, about Tommy wanting the presidency of the DIKS and Quinn wanting the HOTs. :unsure:
Go back to when the DIK's return home from the prep party and talk inside their trashed mansion and then check Tommy's reaction to having no more money and having to work. Do you really think he would voluntary remove the only link the DIK's have to free money ? Because that would've been the DIK reality without Rusty.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Go back to when the DIK's return home from the prep party and talk inside their trashed mansion and then check Tommy's reaction to having no more money and having to work. Do you really think he would voluntary remove the only link the DIK's have to free money ? Because that would've been the DIK reality without Rusty.
What would Vinny gain by taking Rusty out of office? The DIKs would only have an even more incompetent president - Tommy. :unsure:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
What would Vinny gain by taking Rusty out of office? The DIKs would only have an even more incompetent president - Tommy. :unsure:
Rusty IS or was the DIK's bank account, their windows have been smashed before and Rusty's dad simply bought new ones. And Rusty doesn't use drugs and can't be bought apart from the fact that Rusty would never let him sell drugs out of the Mansion.

Vinnie had to get the DIK's a) dependent on (his) money and b) with a president that he can buy with drugs.

Removing Rusty does both.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DMNOV3R
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes