Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
We know there gonna be new Brawler mini game, so who know what gonna be the story behind it, may be there is a reason why after we Maxed out, now we have to gain new Skill points and all, and also, we meet with the Guy in the Gym who advised MC , may be it's gonna be a story that MC realize if he want to take down Caleb he need to get better, and thats lead to this new Figthing stuff.
the Fight also seem to have POV views just like during story scenes, unlike the old one
View attachment 2648443
View attachment 2648449
View attachment 2648452
Really looking forward to this.

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
They certainly hold some power, at the very least as you pointed out just by being probably closely connected to newsoutlets due to their buisnesses and charitable functions, so when they have something to say, they can get it "out there"

Unless something sliped past me, Burke being the Dean is something that many people confuse, but he's not. While we only know that his professorship is honorary, his position in the College seems to be purely administrative. Maybe head of funding, maybe head of accounting. To become the dean of a college "honorary" won't do, you need some high education in leadership, or teaching or education.
Not to mention he would have introduced himself as the Dean. Jill called him the Guidance Counselor, but he must be more than just that.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Not to mention he would have introduced himself as the Dean. Jill called him the Guidance Counselor, but he must be more than just that.
Well it's probably the same as with everything else in the world, whoever has the most money to spend, gains the most power/influence regardless of title. And if he is as shady as so many believe, being the Dean would shine a way to bright light on him, it must be much more preferable for him to operate with some sense of anonymity.

Reactions: Crusader of Romance

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
I had a theory that Agnes (the elderly woman the MC takes care of) was actually the MC's great-grandmother. What would make her selfish son consequently be the MC's grandfather. Their ages allow this theory to be true. Agnes looks to be in her 80s, the MC's grandfather must be in his 60s, if Lynn were alive she would be in her 40s. We all know the MC is 19 years old. As I said, all ages coincide.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I had a theory that Agnes (the elderly woman the MC takes care of) was actually the MC's great-grandmother. What would make her selfish son consequently be the MC's grandfather. Their ages allow this theory to be true. Agnes looks to be in her 80s, the MC's grandfather must be in his 60s, if Lynn were alive she would be in her 40s. We all know the MC is 19 years old. As I said, all ages coincide.
You just wait until it's time again for me to unpack my "the MC's mother is still alive" theory. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who believes that :D

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
You just wait until it's time again for me to unpack my "the MC's mother is still alive" theory. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who believes that :D
I would hate with a passion if Lynn were alive. There is no justification for her to leave the MC. I haven't forgiven Zoey for this, I definitely would never forgive Lynn for this.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I would hate with a passion if Lynn were alive. There is no justification for her to leave the MC. I haven't forgiven Zoey for this, I definitely would never forgive Lynn for this.
And that's exactly what my theory spells out. She was 18, wanted to live her life, got knocked up, found out too late to have an legal abortion, she told Neil she will give the kid up for adoption, he said no he will raise the kid by himself, she said okay, but only if you tell him I died, I want nothing to do with him/her.

She waited untill she started to show, ran away to Neil, had the MC in secret so her parents/friends don't know he exists and then she went back.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
And that's exactly what my theory spells out. She was 18, wanted to live her life, got knocked up, found out too late to have an legal abortion, she told Neil she will give the kid up for adoption, he said no he will raise the kid by himself, she said okay, but only if you tell him I died, I want nothing to do with him/her.

She waited untill she started to show, ran away to Neil, had the MC in secret so her parents/friends don't know he exists and then she went back.
WTF?!

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Told you its whacked :D

But it didn't come from nothing.

1. Neil - How many 23 year old guys you know, who know a girl for less than a year, the girl dies and then 19 years later they still start balling their eyes out whenever she is mentioned ? It's not sadness, it's guilt having to lie to his son over and over.

2. The MC has zero contact to anyone from his maternal side of the family.

3. The "inheritance". Now I don't know what was going on there, but the MC sure as shit didn't inherit anything 2 weeks shy of being 19, send in a box.

4. It's the only time in the entire game where DPC goes into the past again and again to the same spot, for a character that has no more story to tell as far as the MC is concerned. Not how he usually allocates ressources.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Your theory? Keyword cookies, monkey face and spandex lady.

Your theory has a flaw. Lynette returned to Neil after 7 days at the latest and did not have a baby bump yet. Ergo, she must have lived with Neil for 9 months. If Lynette wanted to live her life, she would not have stayed with Neil.

If Lynette was still alive, I can only imagine so Neil and Lynette broke up. Lynette meets a new guy, maybe gets married and wants to MC out of the country with the baby. But a court rules so she can't and little MC stays with the father. US courts are a pretty petty when it comes to their citizens. Lynette goes out of the country with her husband and Neil hides himself and MC. Lynette could not find him anymore. I come to it because the MC said to Steve so he would also stay with his mother.
We don't know the timeframe of when she was knocked up and every woman shows at a different time, that's not conclusive.

I don't think that Neil has the ressources to hide from someone as rich as Lynette's family.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020

That would make her a pretty shit character tbh. I don't think Dpc is going to waste his time working on the diary if he going to use her like that. The dairy is probably about how she died and I think it because of std/infection which Neil warned Mc about.

Reactions: DMNOV3R

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
That would make her a pretty shit character tbh. I don't think Dpc is going to waste his time working on the diary if he going to use her like that. The dairy is probably about how she died and I think it because of std/infection which Neil warned Mc about.
Lynn better just be dead. Anything beyond that would destroy her character (which is already not that interesting).

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I 100% agree, it would make her a total piece of shit. But what about now ? Everyone believe the MC's grandparents, Lynette's parents, are total pieces of shits who drove their poor daughter away from home and never cared for their grandson.

What if they never knew he existed ? What if that's the happy part of that story, that the MC gets reunited with that part of his family ?

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Everyone believe the MC's grandparents, Lynette's parents, are total pieces of shits who drove their poor daughter away from home and never cared for their grandson.
Speaking of Lynn... Lynn must be the explanation of the MC having a DIK side, while Neil is responsible for the CHICK side. Lynn has a very bitch (not promiscuous, but asshole) vibe. If DPC intends to make the public sympathize with Lynn, at least with me, DPC has failed miserably.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Your theory? Keyword cookies, monkey face and spandex lady.

Your theory has a flaw. Lynette returned to Neil after 7 days at the latest and did not have a baby bump yet. Ergo, she must have lived with Neil for 9 months. If Lynette wanted to live her life, she would not have stayed with Neil.

If Lynette was still alive, I can only imagine so Neil and Lynette broke up. Lynette meets a new guy, maybe gets married and wants to MC out of the country with the baby. But a court rules so she can't and little MC stays with the father. US courts are a pretty petty when it comes to their citizens. Lynette goes out of the country with her husband and Neil hides himself and MC. Lynette could not find him anymore. I come to it because the MC said to Steve so he would also stay with his mother.
I like the idea of Lynette still being alive. One thing there is never a mention of her grave and going there, if we was ever going to see MC go there besides a flashback it should had been when he comes home for his birthday and gets the inheritance that would make the most sense

Reactions: TimHawk

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Speaking of Lynn... Lynn must be the explanation of the MC having a DIK side, while Neil is responsible for the CHICK side. Lynn has a very bitch (not promiscuous, but asshole) vibe. If DPC intends to make the public sympathize with Lynn, at least with me, DPC has failed miserably.
Dude I feel the exact same way. To me she seems arrogant and obnoxious, uncaring and selfish. And look, I know that my theory is way more likely to turn out to be wrong than right, but it's somewhat of a life lesson : Never trust a story if you only ever heard one side of it.

All we know about Neil and Lynette in the past comes from exactly ONE source, Neil. That sort of story telling is usually used to setup a big surprise or to mislead readers.

I don't wanna convince anyone, I just wanna make people think and maybe even add to it. The only person that can give an definitive answer is DPC anyway :) .

Reactions: Darkwen and DMNOV3R

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
I think Neil was more of a dik, considering the fact he was pretty reckless and seemed like trouble maker from the flashback. Not to mention his lady luck charm. (Ep1 when MC asked about his luck with women or something)

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Dude I feel the exact same way. To me she seems arrogant and obnoxious, uncaring and selfish. And look, I know that my theory is way more likely to turn out to be wrong than right, but it's somewhat of a life lesson : Never trust a story if you only ever heard one side of it.

All we know about Neil and Lynette in the past comes from exactly ONE source, Neil. That sort of story telling is usually used to setup a big surprise or to mislead readers.

I don't wanna convince anyone, I just wanna make people think and maybe even add to it. The only person that can give an definitive answer is DPC anyway :) .
The scene of Lynn not recognizing Neil when she was going to the movies with her friends really pissed me off. She acted in a very stupid way with Neil, at the time I realized that the MC's mother was just a preppy girl who had a group of friends even more futile than her. The way she acted with Neil reminded me of the way Becky bragged to the MC at Sage's party how guys hit on her and the MC is wasting her time. You can imagine how shitty a person is when they can be compared to Becky. Seriously, Lynn?!

• Angry
Reactions: Hawke84 and TimHawk
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes