DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
"So tragic that everybody but us two died in that horrible fire at the DIKs Summer Party."
Since the game is from the MC's perspective I thought the game would only show what happened to him - it's going to be sad to see Tommy die of an overdose or Quinn commit suicide in jail. If I can't help Quinn or Tommy I would rather not even know what happens to them.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
[!] For the funny ones out there:

STOP DM/tagging me in NTR content involving Isabella. I'm still around, though I don't post often, which means I'm aware of all yours shenanigans. I'll admit, it was funny the first few times, but... enough is enough.

• Seriously guys I can't afford another psychological treatment right now let alone explain to my psychologist that I'm having trouble sleeping at night because I'm being haunted by images of my favorite waifu being fucked by black guys.
Love the avatar :BootyTime:

• Red Heart
Reactions: saynotoNTR

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
It won't happen. Any increase in speed/time he get he will use to make the episodes bigger in quantity and "quality". I don't know why people keep deluding themselfs with that expectation of the return to the 2 eps per year/6 months cycle. In the first devlog of ep. 10 he said he will make the episode shorter. Now he say the episode will be the biggest episode yet. Again.

The only possibility of him at least think in decrease development time for real is IF season 3 perform really bad when release on Steam exactly because took to much time to got release there that steam costumers simply forget/stop care about the game.
We can't get into his head. There are the reasons preventing this to happen and dev cycle staying at the current 8-9 months per ep then. And there are the reasons that it would happen. IF next episode (11) would be the same in size as 10, then it could out faster. It may happen or may not. He may make the EP12 much bigger after that, etc, just to please fans with a quicker release of EP11.

He can't consider anything about how season performed until releasing it on Steam.

I suppose he clearly understand that primary audience of his game is a young people 16-25yo. It's the time when young man turns into a mature one, it's a college/university, it's a first job, probably marriage and first family, etc.
The rest of audience maybe even as large as half, and this one is much more patient one as well. We don't have a statistics of donations per age, etc, but more mature audience implies more generous donations and a long subscription plans. Steam gives less $ per game copy, but much wider access to the game, marketing, etc.

For some reason, it seems to me that he himself did not expect that the development of the game could take so much time. He mentioned that he had the whole idea and the whole plot of the new game when he was just finishing the development of Acting Lessons. But having a script or the whole idea of the game on hand does not mean the routine implementation of this whole idea into game code, dialogues, scenes and branching of the plot. Certain subtleties of the plot, the elaboration of details, including the smallest ones, incredibly increase the volume of the originally planned project. There can be no other way, otherwise he would automatically follow the goal. But his desire to constantly add something, improve, and the growing hardware capabilities further stretch the development. I think that he will eventually define a framework for himself and keep himself in it, otherwise his dream of releasing the game and implementing the idea in a finished product may not come true.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He wants to embody and realize his idea, he wants to tell us his invented story, but if he drag it out too long, it will be like invitation to a concert taking place in a hall for 10,000 people, in which only 100 are came to. Imagine the content creator performer feelings and emotions after this. Even if the music is wonderful, and the performer's voice is magical it can't help if the tickets have no date on them or it barely visible.

The joy from realisation and seeing of people listening/viewing/playing your performance/music/game/etc are very important thing. Money part is not actual for him anymore. He got enough already to never work again and live his life how he want to it. But he continues to spend time and working on his project. It's a huge bummer and blow for creator to realise nobody want it or interested in it anymore. That's my point.

No matter how wonderful BADIK is, no matter how much we love it, it's an indie game and a one-man project. The more time (years) pass, the more difficult it will be to come to terms with this and the more challenges there will be for the developer.

He can't help but understand that. Better than anyone.

Last edited:

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
You mean the best episode in the game so far? The one that escalated the storyline and gave the MC his first encounter with Vinny? That Episode 9? :rolleyes:
Exactly, the only relevant thing was a meeting between the MC and Vinny. What else happened to the plot in Ep.9 that's worth mentioning? I'm all ears.

Reactions: Redd23

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
We can't get into his head. There are the reasons preventing this to happen and dev cycle staying at the current 8-9 months per ep then. And there are the reasons that it would happen. IF next episode (11) would be the same in size as 10, then it could out faster. It may happen or may not. He may make the EP12 much bigger after that, etc, just to please fans with a quicker release of EP11.

He can't consider anything about how season performed until releasing it on Steam.

I suppose he clearly understand that primary audience of his game is a young people 16-25yo. It's the time when young man turns into a mature one, it's a college/university, it's a first job, probably marriage and first family, etc.
The rest of audience maybe even as large as half, and this one is much more patient one as well. We don't have a statistics of donations per age, etc, but more mature audience implies more generous donations and a long subscription plans. Steam gives less $ per game copy, but much wider access to the game, marketing, etc.

For some reason, it seems to me that he himself did not expect that the development of the game could take so much time. He mentioned that he had the whole idea and the whole plot of the new game when he was just finishing the development of Acting Lessons. But having a script or the whole idea of the game on hand does not mean the routine implementation of this whole idea into game code, dialogues, scenes and branching of the plot. Certain subtleties of the plot, the elaboration of details, including the smallest ones, incredibly increase the volume of the originally planned project. There can be no other way, otherwise he would automatically follow the goal. But his desire to constantly add something, improve, and the growing hardware capabilities further stretch the development. I think that he will eventually define a framework for himself and keep himself in it, otherwise his dream of releasing the game and implementing the idea in a finished product may not come true.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He wants to embody and realize his idea, he wants to tell us his invented story, but if he drag it out too long, it will be like invitation to a concert taking place in a hall for 10,000 people, in which only 100 are came to. Imagine the content creator performer feelings and emotions after this. Even if the music is wonderful, and the performer's voice is magical it can't help if the tickets have no date on them or it barely visible.

The joy from realisation and seeing of people listening/viewing/playing your performance/music/game/etc are very important thing. Money part is not actual for him anymore. He got enough already to never work again and live his life how he want to it. But he continues to spend time and working on his project. It's a huge bummer and blow for creator to realise nobody want it or interested in it anymore. That's my point.

No matter how wonderful BADIK is, no matter how much we love it, it's an indie game and a one-man project. The more time (years) pass, the more difficult it will be to come to terms with this and the more challenges there will be for the developer.

He can't help but understand that. Better than anyone.
Development will take longer each time, not because he wants it that way or does it on purpose, but because he has to make equal content for all branches because of branching. In addition, because of the great variation, as in the best traditions of Japanese eroge, he has to pay a lot of attention to some very minor branches that have essentially no effect on anything. All this increases the replayability and apparently this is what he's betting on. I can't even imagine how he'll end up putting it all together in the ending. Either way, no matter what you write here or on reddit, nothing will change. He's more likely to quit the game himself than change his development policy.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
He's targeting 16 episodes apparently, but he threw an entire episode in the trash (Ep.9).
You mean the best episode in the game so far? The one that escalated the storyline and gave the MC his first encounter with Vinny? That Episode 9? :rolleyes:
To me it's not the best episode so far, because it is basically centered on the Halloween party. I prefer more variety and less free roam time. But I wouldn't say that it is trash either. I didn't like it much the first time I played it. But I've grown to like it the more I've played it. Playing all the different branches definitely helps making it more attractive.

Reactions: mojococo and Redd23

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
To me it's not the best episode so far, because it is basically centered on the Halloween party. I prefer more variety and less free roam time. But I wouldn't say that it is trash either. I didn't like it much the first time I played it. But I've grown to like it the more I've played it. Playing all the different branches definitely helps making it more attractive.
I'll tell you what happened in Ep.9... shit didn't happen. Apart from the MC and Vinny's meeting, the plot didn't have any progression at all. The fact that not a day has passed is enough to prove what I am saying. Ep.9 only served to announce what will happen in Ep.10, am I lying?

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Since DPC dedicated an entire episode to Zoey and an entire episode just to a Halloween party, we can safely say that he's in no rush to finish the game. He's targeting 16 episodes apparently, but he threw an entire episode in the trash (Ep.9). I have doubts if this game will only have 16 episodes. If he doesn't create insanely long episodes, the plot won't fit into 16 episodes, neither in this life nor in another.
We started with day-to-day in first episodes, and we finished with 1st semester in B&R at the Season 2 end. There are 1 month gap to cover between EP9 and EP10 already and DPC himself said before that game ends in late spring, when MC ends his 1 year in B&R. Everything is accelerating, events will develop more rapidly. We are at the point, where It is not necessary to show us every single day of the MC's life there for development of the plot, characters and relationships. And we need to accelerate to be able to see all this developments. It won't be possible if one episode will cover 1 week of MCs life as before. So, prepare for a ride. I won't be surprised if the whole Season 4 or at least half of it will look like the last 2 episodes of AL. Where MC tells us about past events in his life through flashbacks and deals with the present time challenges. Then it all this leads us to dozens of different endings.

Zoey backstory/sidestory is special episode, it doesn't have a number. And since he created it, then she would play an important role in MC life and whole plot. She has reasons and every right to do so. DPC can't do the same for every other character (MGs / SGs) just technically and physically. So he picked her and I'm sure he had plans for it a long time ago, bc we seen her in EP3 already. She is as important as MCs dad.

I think many people assume that we SHOULD expect long-term development of relationships, endless dates, restaurants, parks and benches. Of course, some romantic moments and so on will take place, but why do many people think and expect that it will or should last so long? And don't forget about all the interweaving of the plot, all the secrets and riddles that have accumulated and that need to be revealed so that it makes sense.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Exactly, the only relevant thing was a meeting between the MC and Vinny. What else happened to the plot in Ep.9 that's worth mentioning? I'm all ears.
Jill got involved with the Maya plot, more proof of Burke's involvement in the prostitution ring, Tommy and Quinn finally made up, Derek finding the spy camera, to mention a few things.
Most episodes don't have much to do with the plot to begin with. Most are about character development, hanging out with different people and having fun. Episode 9 was a lot of fun. I had a blast! And there was a lot of things that happened like Bella hanging out with the MC's friends, MC and Jill making it official, MC getting closer to Sally, Micha breaking up with Rusty, MC breaking up with Jill and/or Maya and Josy, Riona being ready for dating, Sage being revealed to be Tyballs, Aerith being pregnant, Heather BJ, Bianca's boyfriend cheating on her and MC telling Jill, Sage and Jill bonding, MC and Elena becoming close friends, and a lot more.
It's too bad that you didn't like Episode 9 but it definitely wasn't trash.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Jill got involved with the Maya plot, more proof of Burke's involvement in the prostitution ring, Tommy and Quinn finally made up, Derek finding the spy camera, to mention a few things.
Most episodes don't have much to do with the plot to begin with. Most are about character development, hanging out with different people and having fun. Episode 9 was a lot of fun. I had a blast! And there was a lot of things that happened like Bella hanging out with the MC's friends, MC and Jill making it official, MC getting closer to Sally, Micha breaking up with Rusty, MC breaking up with Jill and/or Maya and Josy, Riona being ready for dating, Sage being revealed to be Tyballs, Aerith being pregnant, Heather BJ, Bianca's boyfriend cheating on her and MC telling Jill, Sage and Jill bonding, MC and Elena becoming close friends, and a lot more.
It's too bad that you didn't like Episode 9 but it definitely wasn't trash.
As I said, nothing happened. Ep.9 served only to announce what will happen in Ep.10. Even you ran out of things to talk about and started mentioning character development. On that point I agree with you, but it's also the least expected since the DPC refused to advance the plot. You don't have to agree that Ep.9 was thrown in the trash, but to say that Ep.9 is the best is kind of a suck-up.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
~2 weeks gap since midterms ended was filled with EP9. Every LI got some development. Not much, but what you expected? A bunch of dates for each of them? Then it would take 1-2 extra episodes, while we still not reach the Halloween in the game world. EP10 will fill a one month time lapse. EP11-12 are probably will put us into the the Christmas and New Year time and to a such parties accordingly. And the title of episode 10 "Calm before the snow" is very ambiguous. It points both to the time lapse and where are we going to, and where Season 3 would end. It also tells us this episode will be probably the last carefree one, after that, the snow will literally and figuratively fall on the head of the MC and everyone who is dear to him. There are a bunch of potential drama and troubles accumulated already, which are waiting to unfold and literally pile on us like a huge snowball.

Even though it was a party, we got a brief, but not bad development of relations with each MG and several SG too. We were shown where we are going on each of the chosen paths. J&M - finally (later than everyone) they became official, it was a joyful event, the way they were forced to behave (not being able to be themselves in public) and how it ended up in the end. Jill - we learned a little about her family, and about her character and the development of her character - depending on whether she is with MC or not. Bella is a tragedy and drama with Jill, then everything was like on J&M branch - references to the fact that they can't be themselves on public, and were also caught red-handed at the end. Sage - we also learned a little more about her family and her problems, but as for character development, opinions were divided here. Someone was expecting romantic dinners, and someone got what they wanted - a loose party girl who has six months left before graduation, who wants to try everything and spend these six months so that they will be remembered for a lifetime. Others branch was quite good too. No development at all, but a seeds for it were planted.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Love the avatar :BootyTime:
W-Why...?! W-Why do you guys hate me...?! I even made my new avatar based on the old one you had created for me. Yes, my new avatar is a tribute to you, dude.

I'm not as present as I used to be as I was advised to take a break from the forum due to the constant harassment I got when someone tagged me in NTR content.

The last nail in the coffin was when DPC released Isabella's image in the Clone Series. Yes, I ended up seeing it... my guardian angel had no compassion on me and I ended up paying the price.

My psychologist said I got something called an "erection by ambiguity" after my brain didn't know how to respond to what I was seeing, which ended up making my dick half hard and half soft for a few days.

But having my dick in that condition for a few days wasn't bad, I gained some nice volume in the pants and it attracted a lot of stares... Unfortunately, only from other men who didn't like the same fruit as me.

At least I came out of this misfortune with a cool story to tell, right? ... right? You guys are the first to know this since, as some already know, I don't have any friends in real life.

I may not be posting often, but I still read your posts from time to time... you know, when I'm not crying lying on my bed in the fetal position. Good to see you guys are still around. :giggle:

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
W-Why...?! W-Why do you guys hate me...?! I even made my new avatar based on the old one you had created for me. Yes, my new avatar is a tribute to you, dude.

I'm not as present as I used to be as I was advised to take a break from the forum due to the constant harassment I got when someone tagged me in NTR content.

The last nail in the coffin was when DPC released Isabella's image in the Clone Series. Yes, I ended up seeing it... my guardian angel had no compassion on me and I ended up paying the price.

My psychologist said I got something called an "erection by ambiguity" after my brain didn't know how to respond to what I was seeing, which ended up making my dick half hard and half soft for a few days.

But having my dick in that condition for a few days wasn't bad, I gained some nice volume in the pants and it attracted a lot of stares... Unfortunately, only from other men who didn't like the same fruit as me.

At least I came out of this misfortune with a cool story to tell, right? ... right? You guys are the first to know this since, as some already know, I don't have any friends in real life.

I may not be posting often, but I still read your posts from time to time... you know, when I'm not crying lying on my bed in the fetal position. Good to see you guys are still around. :giggle:
Great, another weirdo. Looks like the Reddit guys started flocking here and I thought Dalli was weird. This guy is not serious I refuse to believe it must be another meme around here. This site is getting weirder every day.

This was relevant to me, even more than meet Vinny, for whom i couldn't give a sinlge flying fuck
:) just like the rest of the DIKs/HOTs/B&R in genereal:)
View attachment 2702624
View attachment 2702628
View attachment 2702632
It's okay, there are people who settle for little. There's nothing to do.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
This was relevant to me, even more than meet Vinny, for whom i couldn't give a sinlge flying fuck
:) just like the rest of the DIKs/HOTs/B&R in genereal:)
View attachment 2702624
View attachment 2702628
View attachment 2702632
Dude, Nicole is great, if it wasn't for the fact that she had a son I would have chosen her, and when I had to hug Lily I was forced to listen to her telling me not to fall in love with her, as if I wanted to. --"

I had to go back to a previous save just to pick Sarah and Mel.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes