Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I like Maya because she is a bit of a complex character. We tend to only regard her through the lens of how she treats MC but she does have her faults in how she treats other people. I'm not very interested in characters that are all good or all bad. The love triangle developing between Sage, Josy, and Maya shows a kind of recurring pattern of Josy being discarded by Maya. Flawless characters are boring, and Maya's inability to appreciate what is right in front of her might be her fatal flaw in the long run.
I dont think i remember anything about a love triangle cold you give some more info

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
She's 100% a rug muncher!
Next topic, that one was too easy!
:ROFLMAO:
Okay, next topic. My habit of skipping long animations has played a trick on me. For some reason, I never finished watching the opening animation of episode 9. You know the one with Merry Christmas and Bella's house. What ancient evil has awakened and escaped from the secret room?

-VQueS-

May 1, 2020
I have my reasons for calling Maya a lesbian. First - it is how she is presented in the first episodes, second - if the player does not pursue a romance with Maya we do not see any demonstration that Maya is attracted to men, she herself admitted that she was attracted to the MC because he completed a space void in her life left by Josy. Third - unlike Josy, who at various times makes it clear that she feels and has felt something for the MC at some point, if the player only chooses to be friends with Maya in Ep.4, she makes no mention in the next episodes that she would like to have had something more with the MC. An example of this will be when the MC, who didn't pursue Josy and Maya romantically in Ep.4, goes public with his new relationship. I'm sure Maya won't give a shit and will be extremely happy for the MC while Josy will want to cry with sadness. No matter which route, Maya always gave strong indications that she was just a lesbian.
:WaitWhat::WaitWhat:
Flashback in ep6 shows her getting excited when she thought a boy at a school dance was going to ask her to dance and she says in Ep 3 that she went on dates with guys.
Are we playing different games?

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Okay, next topic. My habit of skipping long animations has played a trick on me. For some reason, I never finished watching the opening animation of episode 9. You know the one with Merry Christmas and Bella's house. What ancient evil has awakened and escaped from the secret room?
I think James broke into Bellas house while she wasn't there and tried stealing all of their deceased child's personal effects from her. But Bella & MC got home and caught him in the act. Then the MC beat the the living daylight out of him.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
:WaitWhat::WaitWhat:
Flashback in ep6 shows her getting excited when she thought a boy at a school dance was going to ask her to dance and she says in Ep 3 that she went on dates with guys.
Are we playing different games?
I've never seen this scene. Does it happen when the MC doesn't pursue Maya romantically? Because I was referring to this scenario.

I think James broke into Bellas house while she wasn't there and tried stealing all of their deceased child's personal effects from her. But Bella & MC got home and caught him in the act. Then the MC beat the the living daylight out of him.
It's original, I like it. I hadn't read it before.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Can we all at least agree Jill Is as exciting as wet lettuce.
Her parents are LOADED. MC lives on scraps. And while she is nowhere as exciting as Quinn (that is, potentially balls crushing or deadly exciting :HideThePain: ), there is nothing wrong with the way she looks. And she is mentally stable and smart and she also already likes the MC (not sure how smart that is, though? :rolleyes:)
So it's not like throwing yourself on a "grenade" to ensure a financially stable future for yourself :sneaky:
From the pragmatic point of view, she is the perfect waifu for him. :WeSmart:

Last edited:

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
What we know about Maya:
  • Maya studied together with Derek and Josy in one school and they was a friends since then.
  • Maya was bullied in school and not taken seriously by her peers. Becky was one of those who treated her in this way.
  • ep6_jml25.jpg
  • Maya tried to date guys, but they "didn't fit" her, I think it was about their attitude to her or mutual sympathy, which was not there.
  • ep6_jml47.jpg ep6_jml49.jpg ep6_jml50.jpg
  • Maya's tensions with her dad comes in play much later. She was happy to find a soulmate, which in addition, reciprocated in love. And even this island of little happiness was on the verge of destruction after her father did what he did. He said her "you're not the daughter I wanted", he was mad on her and then he completely deceived and began to blackmail her, just to achieve his goal.
  • Maya wasn't happy at all most part of her life, she doesn't look happy on the joint photos with her dad & Derek and we also know that he was rigorous to Derek too. Perhaps, her dad in addition to his excessive religiosity, is also a typical domestic tyrant. Otherwise, I barely imagine, why Maya was so upset and was about to cry when MC asked her about mother. She is definitely alive, but I doubt that this is a happy healthy family. Also her family situation is a good reason for Maya to aiming for a social work degree and to choose such line of study in B&R.
  • ep2_mayamovienight35.jpg ep9_jm_bed22.jpg

All this largely explains why she became interested in Josy, seeing something more in her friend, and Josy, in turn, reciprocated her. Considering what kind of family Maya was from, how her father treated her and still treats her, what a hell her school years were, she is more like a "lost in herself" than a real and ideological lesbian. Derek mentioned that he seen her in the same way before only with Josy (how she looked on MC, how she interacted with him, etc), and we know she loves Josy, so why not is it a prove that she feels the same to MC? Josy forced her to take a step forward in response. If MC joins the Throuple, then he also develop relationships and makes her feel more and open to him. She hid her feelings for Josy until a certain tipping point, when Josy showed that she felt the same way. The same thing happens between Maya and MC.

ep2_sat_maya_bed19.jpg ep2_sat_maya_bed28.jpg ep3_maya_grass17.jpg

And since Josy is also involved:
  • We have absolutely no clue about Josy's exes and her pre-Maya love life and I doubt we will learn that *
  • She is definitely bisexual w/o any doubt, because she noticed Maya's interest in her long ago, while Maya was just afraid to make a first step.
  • She fucked with guys before, not only tried to date with them as Maya did. But it didn't lead to anything serious, finally. She never brought any of guys home. Seems it never came futher than fooling around.

* It's a thin ice of 18yo restriction line. Game creator can't make a renders/scenes/dialogues lines, which would mention explicit or sexual content with any under 18yo participants. Josy is 19yo at min when we meet her. Flashback scene with J&M in the road trip with Derek happened 1 year before MC summer job, with which BADIK opens up to us. Knowing this fact, we can only imagine and conclude, Josy had any sex before that scene. DPC may make Josy a 20yo to preserve at least one year for some kind of flashback or something similar to explain her past, but I doubt he would. It's not plausible. And this is not required for Maya, since we know she haven't sex with guys and Josy was her first. It's a bummer, while we (or most of us) usually do this being under 18 and it's quite ok and doing so is modern and not a secret. But rules is rules, no one want to break them to be banned on Patreon, Steam, etc. Making an AVN game about college life, especially 1st year there, when most of the fresh students just turned 18 is a complicated thing. You need to reveal characters personalities, their past, and since it's AVN - their past love life as well, but creator immideately faces the 18yo border rule.

Last edited:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Also, the Christmas scene appears to be a flashback. The front of Bella's house is different and the furniture doesn't match Bella's current ones. James is dead... Jill's lack of mention of Bella's possible betrayal revealed in part James' fate.
Let me consult a few more bottles of inspiration, and I'll get back to ya on that.
sign_gimebeer.gif

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DMNOV3R

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Let me consult a few more bottles of inspiration, and I'll get back to ya on that.
View attachment 2703999
Look... The only way for James to appear in the plot alive after Jill's lack of judgment about Bella's betrayal is for everyone (Bella, Jill and people close to Bella) to believe that James really died, but he was actually MIA and will make his shocking return in future episodes.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Look... The only way for James to appear in the plot alive after Jill's lack of judgment about Bella's betrayal is for everyone (Bella, Jill and people close to Bella) to believe that James really died, but he was actually MIA and will make his shocking return in future episodes.
Thing is, no one believes James died.

I think James was out one day with their kid while Bella was at work, and James found himself in a tight position and trouble ensued (Vinny probably making some store robbery that went wrong) And James got caught in the middle, tried to do the right thing and a stray gunshot hit the child and killed him/her. And James blames himself so much that he left out of guilt. Then Vinny quit College knowing that was Bella's kid and doesn't want her to know he was an actual student there.

Which would be an explanation why Bella says "I forgive you James, please come home, it's been long enough".

Still need more beer.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
Her parents are LOADED. MC lives on scraps. And while she is nowhere as exciting as Quinn (that is, potentially balls crushing or deadly exciting :HideThePain: ), there is nothing wrong with the way she looks. And she is mentally stable and smart and she also already likes the MC (not sure how smart that is, though? :rolleyes:)
So it's not like throwing yourself on a "grenade" to ensure a financially stable future for yourself :sneaky:
From the pragmatic point of view, she is the perfect waifu for him. :WeSmart:
But she's smart, she would do a prenup, I don't know if the financially stable future would be worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: Penfold Mole

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
The game will only show the MC's first year in college. Whether the girls want kids or not doesn't matter as we won't see about the MC's future. Unless the final scene of the game is the MC in his 40s with the girl chosen by the player. I still find it difficult to have pregnancy in the game since the main girl group is made up of a vain party girl, two lesbians and a mature woman in her 40s... Jill seems to be the only likely candidate for this scenario.
Bella is canonically 36.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes