Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
A push is not a physical attack in my eyes and the worst thing the MC can do is to choose a DIK or CHICK decision.
I have to disagree with you on this point, my friend. Shoving someone like Vinny does to Fuckface is an aggresive physical action. Punching in response may be a bit excessive, all right (we can only play with the variables that DPC offers us, though). But resolving the situation only with words falls short in my book for this scenario. If it wasn't someone like Vinny, I would let it slide. But people like him truly understand only the bluntest messages.

Compare this to the Oscar Major Choice. Oscar goes to neutral.
My favorite way of resolving Oscar's situation with Josy is the neutral approach. There's no logical way of defending the DIK choice in that scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Random thought of the sleepless night: Why didn't Josy join the gender studies class when she knew that Fuckface and Maya were taking it, especially if she knew Derek (the other person she knew from outside college) was already in it too? It makes more sense to join an optional course when arriving late to college than a mandatory course for her curriculum (economics with Jill) when she could have taken that any time in the three years she's at the college (just like Jill has left it until her second year).
Well, because she is not Feminist, :cool: :LOL: and she is a late arrival she might missed the deadline to pick that class.
You already answered your own question. Josy knew the MC was part of the Gender Studies class even before she went to B&R. Why would Josy want to be in the same class as the MC and her 'boyfriend'? Some people still don't realize how low Josy's attitude was in not telling the MC that her 'boyfriend' was in B&R. Josy knew from the beginning that the MC was in the same class as her 'boyfriend' and hid it until the end. Yes, I never forgave Josy for that.
Why would Josy assume that Maya who didn't show interest in guys, out of nowhere gonna be BFF or even more, with the MC?! the whole situation is simply very surreal indeed.
Not to mention, that MC very carefully never mention the name of Maya, or even Derek, to Josy, and he doesnt ever mention the name of Josy, to Maya or Derek either.
because of all this, how and why would any of them Josy or MC would assume that they became part of each other friendship circle without knowing it?!

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
I understood what you saying, and I'm not here to change your beliefs or anything, so don't worry :LOL:
However, the same way, as it doesn't make sense to say, "she is better friend than Derek", it's also doesn't make sense to say "you are mad at her"

for the same reason. for us player she is insignificant. While the Interlude did a semi-decent job to show us what type of character she is, despite then in episode 9 she is totally different, and to be fair , more likable.
But the same time, it fails to show us why we should give a fuck about her in the first place.
DPC realized this, that is why he created his favorite scene , the Bench scene - which in my opinion the worst part of the game.. . .
once again he gave as a crying little bitch MC, who whine about how much he was hurt back then . But the impact failed. Maybe it would have better if he actually spend the a chunk of the Interlude to do more the inside of MC mindset , instead of Metrosexual boy fucking his tattooed girlfriend.:LOL:.
but even then we spend 4 year and 8 episode to build our character, while we saw many of his issues, which we, as the player could connect to it.
for example when Jill goes to the School board counselors, despite MC ask her not to do it, it make sense for us player to pick the option to be mad at her.
or let say, we tell the Chad secret to Josy, and if she later may be gossiping this, we could feel angry at her for we trusted in her and she betrayed our trust.
Some people may bring up an argument that He as a player don't give a shit about the Maya/Josy drama, but the difference is, we see the impact they have on MC , we experiencing it as the players..

but with Zoey, we just told: this is what He was feeling all along, while we actually, played the game, and see that he has a pretty good life ever since Zoey is out of the picture.:LOL: Not to mention all this happened right after We finally made our choice regarding the girls we were hanging out all this time.

In short the most accurate reaction to Zoey is this , and the whole conversation should have been just this. :
View attachment 2705635

View attachment 2705637
View attachment 2705640
:LOL:. This is exactly what most of us truly felt.:whistle::ROFLMAO:
Those multiple ellipsis evokes a good laugh because they look like asthma meme.

• Haha
Reactions: Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Of all the scenes in episode 9, for whatever reason, I really like the scene when the mc just falls onto the couch next to Quinn at the end of the night:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Like, after stressing out over the whole party (but not to the embarrassing extreme that Becky did for the dorm party), the mc just collapses onto the couch, totally done for the evening. I thought it was pretty cool. Plus...
Sorry Quinn, mc still didn't manage to keep in in his pants all night though... :sneaky:
Too bad you did not rise to her challenge. And yes, she does look fantastic.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
I fucked Camila on the dance floor, and got a blowjob from Lily, in order not to fail Quinn do you have to avoid these two, or just sex with Camila?
Rejecting Lily and Nicole isn't easy.

Reactions: sampow

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I have to disagree with you on this point, my friend. Shoving someone like Vinny does to Fuckface is an aggresive physical action. Punching in response may be a bit excessive, all right (we can only play with the variables that DPC offers us, though). But resolving the situation only with words falls short in my book for this scenario. If it wasn't someone like Vinny, I would let it slide. But people like him truly understand only the bluntest messages.

My favorite way of resolving Oscar's situation with Josy is the neutral approach. There's no logical way of defending the DIK choice in that scenario.
I don't care so Vinny pushes the MC. But it was just a push, no more and no less. My MC is the bigger man and gives Vinny to understand what will happen if he doesn't leave and the MC doesn't back away like Oscar did.

Vinny already understood that. The MC doesn't back away and so Vinny has no choice but to show the gun. On neutral Vinny only shows the weapon, on Dik he hits with the weapon. This thing can escalate nasty at some point.

Reactions: Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I fucked Camila on the dance floor, and got a blowjob from Lily, in order not to fail Quinn do you have to avoid these two, or just sex with Camila?
Banging Camila on the dance floor, letting Heather use you or joining the cumpetition are sure ways of failing the challenge.

From the script file:

if ep9_camila_lewd or ep9_heather_lewd == 2 or ep9_cumpetition_join:
mc "Not that well. You were right, I couldn't keep my dick in my pants."

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I don't care so Vinny pushes the MC. But it was just a push, no more and no less. My MC is the bigger man and gives Vinny to understand what will happen if he doesn't leave and the MC doesn't back away like Oscar did.

Vinny already understood that. The MC doesn't back away and so Vinny has no choice but to show the gun. On neutral Vinny only shows the weapon, on Dik he hits with the weapon. This thing can escalate nasty at some point.
So In the end, you just "a Dog who only Bark but not bite ", noted. :p :ROFLMAO:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
So In the end, you just "a Dog who only Bark but not bite ", noted. :p :ROFLMAO:
And that's where you're wrong. Barking dogs bite. The proverb does not fit. Try it. Stand in front of an angry barking dog, which is still on a leash, and then loosen the leash. Write me how the experiment turned out.

But rabid dogs that bite are put down. Good night MC.:sleep::p

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

sampow

May 14, 2023
There is nothing to be gained by accomplishing Quinn's challenge, however, never has failure been so appealing!
Like seriously, Quinn doesn't even give a fuck if you fail, she still fucks the mc's brains out and they have a blissful, romantic sleepover. :p

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
There is nothing to be gained by accomplishing Quinn's challenge, however, never has failure been so appealing!
Like seriously, Quinn doesn't even give a fuck if you fail, she still fucks the mc's brains out and they have a blissful, romantic sleepover. :p
Not exactly. You also miss a little bit of broccoli on the couch with her by not rising to her challenge. Also, are we sure there will not be any kind of consequences further down on her path if we fail that challenge? After all, her trust issues are remarkable.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
He is not wrong about this point, though.

In the end, we are playing with fire, since the guy has a real gun. Good thing this is only a game.
maybe, but your previous point was more accurate. Punching oscar, is really not worth it, But Vinny yeah, you need punch him in the face.
I'm mean think about it. an uninvited random stranger show up in your house and start trashing it, and breaking your stuff. You won't be calmly " excuse me sir what are you doing " right? :LOL:.
you either immediately call the police, or confront him. of course this is work of fiction, but still, if you let one person step over you everyone will do it. :cool:

And that's where you're wrong. Barking dogs bite. The proverb does not fit. Try it. Stand in front of an angry barking dog, which is still on a leash, and then loosen the leash. Write me how the experiment turned out.
aham, are we talking about rottweiler or chihuahua?! :ROFLMAO:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I understood what you saying, and I'm not here to change your beliefs or anything, so don't worry :LOL:
However, the same way, as it doesn't make sense to say, "she is better friend than Derek", it's also doesn't make sense to say "you are mad at her"

for the same reason. for us player she is insignificant. While the Interlude did a semi-decent job to show us what type of character she is, despite then in episode 9 she is totally different, and to be fair , more likable.
But the same time, it fails to show us why we should give a fuck about her in the first place.
DPC realized this, that is why he created his favorite scene , the Bench scene - which in my opinion the worst part of the episode .. . .
once again he gave as a crying little bitch MC, who whine about how much he was hurt back then . But the impact failed. Maybe it would have better if he actually spend the a chunk of the Interlude to show us more of the inside of MC mindset , instead of Metrosexual boy fucking his tattooed girlfriend.:LOL:.
but even then we spend 4 year and 8 episode to build our character, while we saw many of his issues, which we, as the player could connect to it.
for example when Jill goes to the School board counselors, despite MC ask her not to do it, it make sense for us player to pick the option to be mad at her.
or let say, we tell the Chad secret to Josy, and if she later may be gossiping this, we could feel angry at her for we trusted in her and she betrayed our trust.
Some people may bring up an argument that He as a player don't give a shit about the Maya/Josy drama, but the difference is, we see the impact they have on MC , we experiencing it as the players..

but with Zoey, we just told: this is what He was feeling all along, while we actually, played the game, and see that he has a pretty good life ever since Zoey is out of the picture.:LOL: Not to mention all this happened right after We finally made our choice regarding the girls we were hanging out all this time.

In short the most accurate reaction to Zoey is this , and the whole conversation should have been just this. :
View attachment 2705635

View attachment 2705637
View attachment 2705640
:LOL:. This is exactly what most of us truly felt.:whistle::ROFLMAO:
You described the problem of the observer. Some players may not understand why Zoey is needed, because he didn't go through the same experience as MC for several years of his life - almost all we see is these two months in college, past experience fits in several flashbacks.
For many players this is not enough, but it worked for me because I had similar life experience and was able to get into it emotionally.
The only problem with the bench scene is static, there is no difference between DIK/Chick MC, scene should be in two versions, for example, I don't agree that DIK MC will shed tears, but okay. Let it be the author's idea that the past knocked on MCs door and hit him like a train. :LOL:
Otherwise, I really liked this scene and it was really hard to restrain emotions.
Ofc, it will be difficult for you to understand Zoey, you are completely in love with Josy and no one will replace her for you. Like many others, but it seems to make sense - getting your ex back is a known plot trick to test your current relationship. There is nothing new in this. But damn, DPC is good at it, he did a good job writing Zoey character and making her such a tasty morsel that after Ep.9 Zoey has a lot of fans. It worked for me so she moved up to second place.

I don’t know, maybe it was my personal experience that hit me and made me quickly draw the necessary things in my imagination and helped me to feel this story. In any case, DPC has found a niche with this character and I think it's interesting and good in the script.
Unlike the useless ones like Nora, Becky, Madame or you know who.

UPD: Plus, I'm multi-branched player, things is easier for me.

Last edited:

sampow

May 14, 2023
Not exactly. You also miss a little bit of broccoli on the couch with her by not rising to her challenge. Also, are we sure there will not be any kind of consequences further down on her path if we fail that challenge? After all, her trust issues are remarkable.
Ok, it was pretty good... for Quinn. :ROFLMAO:

Regarding future repercussions, no flags were set regardless of the outcome, other than the 3 sex scene flags used to dictate the mc's response when Quinn asks. Not sure if DPC deliberately doesn't create a "ep9_couldntKeepItInHisPants" flag to put us off guard... :unsure:

Last edited:

iggy.

Mar 24, 2022
No, you can bang anyone u want, brag to her face that you couldnt keep it in your pants, and she will still spend the night with you :LOL:

At that point in game, she is obsessed with Tremolo and his dick

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
maybe, but your previous point was more accurate. Punching oscar, is really not worth it, But Vinny yeah, you need punch him in the face.
I'm mean think about it. an uninvited random stranger show up in your house and start trashing it, and breaking your stuff. You won't be calmly " excuse me sir what are you doing " right? :LOL:.
you either immediately call the police, or confront him. of course this is work of fiction, but still, if you let one person step over you everyone will do it. :cool:
Don't get me wrong. I'm gonna keep punching him in that scene every time that possibility is available.

Also, I forgot for a second there that when we choose how the MC reacts to Vinny's shove, the MC still doesn't know that Vinny has a gun. Therefore, the most logical response to his physical aggresion is another aggresion (in this case, the punch).

Regarding future repercussions, no flags were set regardless of the outcome, other than the 3 sex scene flags used to dictate the mc's response when Quinn asks. Not sure if DPC deliberately doesn't create a "ep9_couldntKeepItInHisPants" flag to put us off guard... :unsure:
:unsure: I see your point. I really hope that the challenge outcome still plays some part in our relation with her in the future. It would make it all the more interesting. And from a narrative POV also makes sense IMHO.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Random thought of the sleepless night: Why didn't Josy join the gender studies class when she knew that Fuckface and Maya were taking it, especially if she knew Derek (the other person she knew from outside college) was already in it too? It makes more sense to join an optional course when arriving late to college than a mandatory course for her curriculum (economics with Jill) when she could have taken that any time in the three years she's at the college (just like Jill has left it until her second year).
You raised an interesting question, I always paid attention to what Josy said about it, then I always wondered why she never appeared on Gender 101 classes, and then I just always forgot about it. Here is her dialogue with Jill, where she clearly says what classes she signed up for.

Code:
ji "Are you ok? You look a bit tense."
js "It's just first day nerves."
js "Plus, I feel a bit lost since I missed orientation."
ji "I remember the first day jitters."
ji "If you'd like, I can show you around afterwards?"
js "(Hm... Maya promised me that she would...but I could be making a new friend this way.)"
js "Sure! I would love that!"
ji "What other classes are you signed up for?"
js "English and Math, you know, Gen. Ed. classes."
ji "That's smart doing those early or you'll end up like me, postponing the less interesting ones."
It means she hadn't planned it and Maya was not able to talk her into it as well.

You already answered your own question. Josy knew the MC was part of the Gender Studies class even before she went to B&R. Why would Josy want to be in the same class as the MC and her 'boyfriend'? Some people still don't realize how low Josy's attitude was in not telling the MC that her 'boyfriend' was in B&R. Josy knew from the beginning that the MC was in the same class as her 'boyfriend' and hid it until the end. Yes, I never forgave Josy for that.
Wrong. Josy knew ONLY that MC is a part of Gender 101 classes. At that moment she haven't any clue that MC lives in Maya dorm, and even know her / or met her in B&R. Otherwise things would turn out differently. MC tells Josy that he lives in one dorm with girl, he doesn't tell her name of that girl. Josy, being sure that she is over with Maya, said him that she will tell him all the truth when she came into B&R. Maya did the same - she was sure that her relationship with Josy is over and was ready to fill MC in. After reveal, they clearly tried to talk to him and smooth things out, so it also not a reason for Josy to avoid joining the Gender 101. Since J&M constantly fought in last weeks and even stopped to talk last days, bc Josy was grounded and her dad took her phone, I'm not sure Maya was able to told Josy what classes she take.

Reactions: dalli_x

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Well, because she is not Feminist, :cool: :LOL: and she is a late arrival she might missed the deadline to pick that class.

Why would Josy assume that Maya who didn't show interest in guys, out of nowhere gonna be BFF or even more, with the MC?! the whole situation is simply very surreal indeed.
Not to mention, that MC very carefully never mention the name of Maya, or even Derek, to Josy, and he doesnt ever mention the name of Josy, to Maya or Derek either.
because of all this, how and why would any of them Josy or MC would assume that they became part of each other friendship circle without knowing it?!
You didn't understand me. Josy didn't know that MC was Maya's friend, but that wasn't what it was about. If Josy was really going to break up with Maya to be with the MC, why would she want to be in the same class as the MC and Maya? And before you mention that they are already in the same class of English and Mathematics, know that they are mandatory (which makes Josy even more stupid, because she didn't think about this possibility).

In the next episodes it will become even clearer what I'm saying, when Josy has to be the MC's classmate after she finds out he has a new girlfriend. It's the situation she wanted to avoid going through with Maya and the MC when she arrived at B&R, the difference is that now the MC is the one who is committed.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes