dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Personally, I would rather too much, than not enough. That said, I don't think friendship routes would need to deviate to much. Tremolo typically has flirty and non-flirty dialogue choices anyway, so it'd mostly just auto-select in some cases, or maybe just settle that Tremolo just likes to harmlessly flirt, without the need for it to lead to anything. A few minor tweaks might need adding, but I don't think it would add too much extra work.
The thing about the MC's flirting I find interesting. Often the MC says something that the girls find absolutely cute and charming, but the MC doesn't even realize that he was flirting. The joke is that even at the end of EP9, most girls don't even know that the MC is in a relationship and still consider him single.

Reactions: RandoCard3

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Yeah, Rox, that's your girl. Honestly, for once. Rox is a shitty chess teacher, no wonder Quinn can't get anything done in life.

The pawn is not a good choice. Knight to G6 would be the appropriate response. Defend defensively, with an extended game setup and the possibility to put further pressure on the white queen. Black could thus quickly collect a few pieces in case of a mistake by white.
screenshot0001.png

Daandas

Jun 26, 2023
Btw, what happens if Derek doesnt like you? So far i kinda went full on bro mode bc i really like him, but are there any drawbacks?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Btw, what happens if Derek doesnt like you? So far i kinda went full on bro mode bc i really like him, but are there any drawbacks?
for now, absolutely nothing changes (as for RPs to other fraternities) likely to come back into play sooner or later and it will probably be the usual DPC shenanigans

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Dude, this girl is 20 years old, it's too early to judge what she can get done in life.
While I agree with the general idea of what you're saying here, your profile picture heavily suggests that your opinion has been compromised lol

Quinn could be pretty successful in life if she lives
I think her dying would be a pretty shitty direction to take the story. It clashes with the overall tone of the game, and while she can be a massive piece of shit at times, she's not so bad that it wouldn't be a tragic outcome.

Especially since it's made clear she was groomed to be this way, by a dad that she clearly loved. Like, the whole "don't trust anyone, and keep anyone you have to trust, keep them at arms length" is a classic isolation tactic to make sure she's easier to control, and it's fucked her up.

I don't really see a way of selling her death as anything more than a surprise downer ending. The only thing I've seen pull it off is season 1&2 of Skins, and that generally has a much less light hearted tone than Being a DIK, and failed at it two out of three times, because it causes a massive tonal shift each time.

Reactions: Darkwen

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
While I agree with the general idea of what you're saying here, your profile picture heavily suggests that your opinion has been compromised lol

I think her dying would be a pretty shitty direction to take the story. It clashes with the overall tone of the game, and while she can be a massive piece of shit at times, she's not so bad that it wouldn't be a tragic outcome.

Especially since it's made clear she was groomed to be this way, by a dad that she clearly loved. Like, the whole "don't trust anyone, and keep anyone you have to trust, keep them at arms length" is a classic isolation tactic to make sure she's easier to control, and it's fucked her up.

I don't really see a way of selling her death as anything more than a surprise downer ending. The only thing I've seen pull it off is season 1&2 of Skins, and that generally has a much less light hearted tone than Being a DIK, and failed at it two out of three times, because it causes a massive tonal shift each time.
i dont disagree necessarily, but even with the more serious tone i dont think anyone actually predicted how Acting Lessons would end. i think its fair to say that with DPC, you never really know

Reactions: ChipLecsap

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
It's too early? She hasn't learned anything from learning chess to the present. If I extrapolate that, I get down to six feet under.:devilish::ROFLMAO:
Oh, of course. Maya and Josy apparently learned a lot. And they managed to achieve a lot at their young age. This cannot be denied. Especially impressive is the extraordinary intelligence of Maya, who thought that someone would pay for her education, simply so, because she is a very good person. It's brilliant idea.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
i dont disagree necessarily, but even with the more serious tone i dont think anyone actually predicted how Acting Lessons would end. i think its fair to say that with DPC, you never really know
I've not played Acting Lessons myself. Did it end well? I've only heard complaints about it through this thread.

It's too early? She hasn't learned anything from learning chess to the present. If I extrapolate that, I get down to six feet under.:devilish::ROFLMAO:
I'm gonna need you to explain your logic in detail, cause that seems like a leap to me.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

I joke about if Quinn will live but I do agree with you anyone dying in the game would be a hard turn from what the game has been so far. While I do believe something bad is going to happen I don't think anyone will die. I can see Quinn being the cause of something happening or being involved somehow but she isn't the villain here not even sure if Vinny is he just a joke to me.

Reactions: dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Oh, of course. Maya and Josy apparently learned a lot. And they managed to achieve a lot at their young age. This cannot be denied. Especially impressive is the extraordinary intelligence of Maya, who thought that someone would pay for her education, simply so, because she is a very good person. It's brilliant idea.
The difference between Maya and Quinn will be for Maya to reach her goal.

Actually, Quinn also reaches her goal. Jail.:eek::ROFLMAO:

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I joke about if Quinn will live but I do agree with you anyone dying in the game would be a hard turn from what the game has been so far. While I do believe something bad is going to happen I don't think anyone will die. I can see Quinn being the cause of something happening or being involved somehow but she isn't the villain here not even sure if Vinny is he just a joke to me.
I'm not so sure on Vinny. The fact that he makes Tommy and Quinn nervous suggests he's not all bark, and that he's probably our Big Bad of season 3, at the very least. I think the power and influence of Burke put him closer to the role of "Main Antagonist" though. I wouldn't be too surprised if he had a hand in the local criminal element even.

It could go either way though.

Reactions: Darkwen

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
And I broke the game again. I think this time it was the fact that I used skip all the way till the co-ed party and it broke after finding the 'water balloons and getting the nerd back. Oh well, at least I saved before getting him back and the save actually worked after rolling back a bit. :LOL:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes