felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Remember he often praised Ep. 9 before release during development? Then the episode was not liked by everyone.
but he waited for the latest updates to try to get the hype going, as is only right.

First he told us about Bella's scene that absolutely had to be added, then about the epochal animation that the whole world would be celebrating for centuries to come, and then he started telling us what a cool thing the last chapter was, one of the coolest things ever seen in this area (which no one confirmed)

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
pretty sure thats cause he knew it wasnt going to be well received based on the expectations everyone had after such an insanely long wait

View attachment 2769972
There is no negative responce if everyone who gave negative response are banned from your private server

image.jpeg
but he waited for the latest updates to try to get the hype going, as is only right.

First he told us about Bella's scene that absolutely had to be added, then about the epochal animation that the whole world would be celebrating for centuries to come, and then he started telling us what a cool thing the last chapter was, one of the coolest things ever seen in this area (which no one confirmed)
Well, for now we see more rare progress reports, previews that do not spoil anything and give riddles, and the main announcements are about mini-games and the technical component of his hardware. Now we are 7 months from Ep.9 and everything is pretty quiet, we'll see in the coming weeks.
My personal opinion about Ep.9 remains the same, I liked it, plus there is nothing unique to DPC in these giant no-lewd animations, now the devs of all the top games do it, they have really become more cinematic.

I honestly think that direction is pretty much a dead-end for the gaming industry. By now there are only very few real AAA publisher left, with Activision/Blizzard becoming part of MS soon, we're very much start to look at an oligopoly that in turn are releasing less and less AAA games each year, while more and more smaller indie titles become very successful and profitable.

We will have to see, in which direction VNs go, but I think AI will change a lot in the coming years. Soon they might not even need to traditionally render their screens anymore. A rough sketch might be enough and an AI does most of the rest for example.
The AAA industry is basically shit these days. One of the reasons why I'm here.
I saw AI "redners". Compared to what the people at DAZ and Blender are doing, AI is a joke.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023

Status update Episode 10

Probably the most important part is that nothing burned. But overall it looks like he's been testing the game all week, which may be saying we're close to completion. He has to create transition scenes between branches, create scenes for all branches, and fill in the rest of the content. But there's something I'm really worried about. I feel like he hasn't quite figured out what he wants to add yet. It may happen that when the game reaches about 95% of development, he'll want to add some scenes again. Either way, I'm guessing we're at about 80% right now. It seems close, but he 10% may do more than a month. So it seems September is inevitable.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, for now we see more rare progress reports, previews that do not spoil anything and give riddles, and the main announcements are about mini-games and the technical component of his hardware. Now we are 7 months from Ep.9 and everything is pretty quiet, we'll see in the coming weeks.
My personal opinion about Ep.9 remains the same, I liked it, plus there is nothing unique to DPC in these giant no-lewd animations, now the devs of all the top games do it, they have really become more cinematic.
already the previews of the ninth chapter had been completely neutered, only one preview telling something unusual and it was a joke :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

so for you the ninth chapter was the best chapter of BADIK? because DPC tried to argue this, in case good for you, likely the tenth will be even better

iggy.

Mar 24, 2022
This was supposed to be a smaller episode than ep 9...yeah right :ROFLMAO:

If same thing happens in this episode - bunch of animations and shit no one really asked for, he shouldn't be so surprised that his fanbase turns on him. Then he will throw a fit and bitch to people just like he did after ep9.

I applaud hit work ethic but he is his own biggest enemy.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
already the previews of the ninth chapter had been completely neutered, only one preview telling something unusual and it was a joke :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

so for you the ninth chapter was the best chapter of BADIK? because DPC tried to argue this, in case good for you, likely the tenth will be even better
No, it was good but not the best. Ep. 7-8 is dope for me.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
bunch of animations and shit no one really asked for
In fact, we should be grateful. Yes, grateful for these wonderful animations, which are an example of high-level art. Remembering that great thing, an Oscar-worthy animation - an unforgettable Arieth bus ride (the role of the bus driver is especially good. I doubt Marlon Brando would have done better), my heart sinks with anticipation of a new extraordinary masterpiece that the Great Master is preparing for us.

QWareZ

Jul 23, 2017
I honestly think that direction is pretty much a dead-end for the gaming industry. By now there are only very few real AAA publisher left, with Activision/Blizzard becoming part of MS soon, we're very much start to look at an oligopoly that in turn are releasing less and less AAA games each year, while more and more smaller indie titles become very successful and profitable.

We will have to see, in which direction VNs go, but I think AI will change a lot in the coming years. Soon they might not even need to traditionally render their screens anymore. A rough sketch might be enough and an AI does most of the rest for example.
Major AAA producers won't touch VNs:
  • VNs are pretty much a successors of old adventure games, which were always a niche to begin with
  • Low replay value, making VNs hard to sell (and perpetually monetize)
  • Difficult monetization via microtransactions (what would people buy)
  • You have to work on a story which is way harder than reselling CoD for the 15th time.
  • Adult VN might be a PR headache. Sex tends to be sensitive topic.

So adult VNs will be developed mainly by small/indie studios/devs. AI won't be used until it's decent and affordable AND the provider is OK with the AI being used for sex game (might be an issue, see PR headache above).

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Major AAA producers won't touch VNs:
Yeah...that was not even remotely the point anyone was making here...

Still it is not a real art
That depends how and what you're using. In my example the developer would give the AI guidelines of what he needs and would polish the render after the AI did the main amount of the work.

Reactions: peasantkristoph

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Thank you for your optimism, kind man. After many comments today, it seems to me that September is not so bad.
I think chapter 10 is definitely going to be bigger in scope than the entire first season and considering it has mini-games, some great fics, plot scenes, lots of branching seems like it's really going to be a great chapter. I like episode 9, but it completely loses all meaning after 2-3 playthroughs. I certainly don't want to believe in a September release, but if DPC is going to give us a whole season's worth of content every year we'll have to put up with it.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Remember he often praised Ep. 9 before release during development? Then the episode was not liked by everyone.
pretty sure thats cause he knew it wasnt going to be well received based on the expectations everyone had after such an insanely long wait

View attachment 2769972
DPC hyped the hell out of episode 9. You would have thought a new season of GOT was being released with the amount of hype he was spewing. It ended up being a colossal disappointment. I was sitting there thinking "This is it? This is what I waited over a year for? I took a day off from work for this?"

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes