Mar 9, 2019
It is clear that from Maya these feelings are not mutual, at this moment for sure.
If everything is obvious with Josy, then Maya seems to have cooled off towards MC and perceives him as a friend. I don't even know how DPC intends to build Maya's solo outside of the group.
You know I've seen this sentiment being announced by several different members. At first, I thought it was just a joke, but seeing the discourse happening now I think y'all are serious. I realize I'm replying to you Geralt but my reply is more to everyone having this conversation.

Maya's feelings haven't grown shallower for the MC so much as her feelings towards her own uncertain future are simply overshadowing them. Many have already pointed out her character traits and how they define her behaviour. Knowing this it only makes sense that her, frankly, hatchling relationship with Fuckface is not taking precedence over trying to identify a path she can walk on steady ground.

If she can have that and have the MC and/or Josy with her; great! If she can have those things and a great college experience; splendid. If she can have all that and still have a relationship with her family; fucking miraculous! But at this point in the narrative, that all seems like a fantasy, and she's not like Josy who likes to live in dreams and imagine that everything will just work out if she just has her loved ones around her. Maya is more focused on finding real solutions and having grown up with negativity from most of her loved ones her view of the world has developed to show her she can't have those things until she has security.

Maya rarely got security and support from her loved ones whereas Josy more commonly did so she does what many introverted neglected young adults learn to do: compartmentalize and grow a tunnel vision. Focus on one thing at a time and keep emotions to a minimum until you've achieved your goal. It's harder for those individuals to embrace their emotions, especially the strongest emotions like love and fear.

Maya's love of horror movies portrays her disconnection from her fears; it's not that she doesn't feel fear but she disassociates from them regularly to avoid feeling overwhelmed by them, and watching horror movies is great practice to do so. That's just one example I could give many more but I grow tired and today is my day off. There is a great deal extra explanation I wished to provide but meh I'll just let it rot in my brain.

Hopefully, my brain allows me to sleep but if not I'll just keep watching movies on Netflix until I do. Let me post this before I completely lose the plot though.

Cheers bub.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Great game. But I just don't like the situation where the MC gets mad at Josy and Maya. I feel like he is so childish.
Yes, you're right, he's acting stupid in that situation. But, thanks to this stupid reaction, Fuckface gets on the true and wonderful path - the Quinn path. Therefore, in this case, stupidity has benefited.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have to strongly disagree with those that say Maya doesn't have strong feelings for the mc.
Before she met him, she thought she was a lesbian but her feelings for him are so strong
She doesn't even know if she is a lesbian or bisexual.
Plus, you know she has some pretty big problems to deal with
Before she can focus on love.

Also, I can just tell she love me.... Oops I meant loves the mc
So come on guys don't lose hope
Maya & I will prove love can defeat anything!!!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
maybe my opinion is also related to an anagraphic aspect, indeed it surely will be, but I appreciate much more a balanced character like Maya (and Bella is very similar) than overly emotional characters like Josy (and Jill for example)

to think that Maya does not reciprocate MC's feelings is rather naïve, especially in the context of an AVN :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: , only that REALISTICALLY these feelings are not Maya's only priority in life as she is called upon to deal with another emergency that takes priority. even with respect to Josy the issue of the loan takes priority, in the aftermath of Patrick's unexpected visit, Maya begins to reason about whether she should devote herself to her studies and put the affair with Josy on hold, with all the risk of losing her permanently.

now the whole loan storyline is rather stretched and not very believable, but since this is being proposed to us by DPC we have to believe it. Faced with the possibility of no longer being able to attend college and having to pay off a lifetime of debt that she can never repay, it is believable that Maya cannot let go of dreams of love and still have to maintain some lucidity (and in this it is ironic enough that the reason for friction with Josy is that for once Maya wants to have fun and forget, at least for the Halloween party, about her financial problems, by the way to think that saving money for the party costume might make a difference is very.... Jillish)

Maya, like Bella, is the only one who remains believable even in the role of MC's friend; MC doesn't love her back? she gets over it, doesn't show him a grudge, and gets on with her life. I prefer this to Josy who every first chapter of the season goes to MC to make sure he has not forgotten her and if anything instill some doubts in him about his current relationship (not coming forward, but hoping he will), or Jill who after deciding that anyway MC is not the man for her still has a beef with the fact that he is dating Bella or otherwise decides to show up at the Halloween party to make him regret what he missed...this subordinate role, which in an AVN is also fine, is still sad and pathetic...

even Zoey, forgetting the interlude steeped in failure, has this ability to be believable as both friend and lover, seems to me a great merit in DPC's construction of the character

Last edited:

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
I have to strongly disagree with those that say Maya doesn't have strong feelings for the mc.
Before she met him, she thought she was a lesbian but her feelings for him are so strong
She doesn't even know if she is a lesbian or bisexual.
Plus, you know she has some pretty big problems to deal with
Before she can focus on love.

Also, I can just tell she love me.... Oops I meant loves the mc
So come on guys don't lose hope
Maya & I will prove love can defeat anything!!!
You're selfish.:cautious: You disappear yourself, and you drag a naive Fuckface into the same swamp. Leave him. He'll be much better with Quinn. They are made for each other. Or Fuckface was made for Quinn, no matter.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
The only thing I would like to say, that you link and refer to Josy feelings expressions as to the standard or kind of. While my point is that it depends on people personality and character. Why that introvert thing is even bringed up? Because such type of people hide their emotions and express them more strictly and modest. I think it's the reason which makes you think so that Maya doesn't have solid feelings for MC or they are weaker than Josys.
I wouldn't rule out so hastily Maya's feelings for the MC. Kpyna made a good point on his reply, which I quote below, especially the part in bold is of significance. No two people express themselves exactly the same. Maya's and Josy's personalities are quite different after all. And as more that one member here has stated it before, Maya is so sadly accustomed to feel disappointed or even directly rejected by the people who supposedly should care the most for her (hello cunt Patrick!), that being overcatious and reseved is the most natural path for her. But that does not mean she doesn't care or feel anything.

And on top of all that, having feelings for a boy was alien ground for her until very recently. But Derek sees it clear as day in his sister's eyes, when he surprises her and the MC kissing in that scene from season 1 (can't remember the exact episode now), that she's getting feelings for Fuckface.
This certainly makes sense, Maya is a much more closed person, although she gradually opens up at the end of S2 (But if we skip their route, we don't see it) But if that's the case, I'd like to see some subtle clues that the DPC likes to do - that would fit Maya's personality.

I also really like this explanation, with a psychological analysis of Maya:

You know I've seen this sentiment being announced by several different members. At first, I thought it was just a joke, but seeing the discourse happening now I think y'all are serious. I realize I'm replying to you Geralt but my reply is more to everyone having this conversation.

Maya's feelings haven't grown shallower for the MC so much as her feelings towards her own uncertain future are simply overshadowing them. Many have already pointed out her character traits and how they define her behaviour. Knowing this it only makes sense that her, frankly, hatchling relationship with Fuckface is not taking precedence over trying to identify a path she can walk on steady ground.

If she can have that and have the MC and/or Josy with her; great! If she can have those things and a great college experience; splendid. If she can have all that and still have a relationship with her family; fucking miraculous! But at this point in the narrative, that all seems like a fantasy, and she's not like Josy who likes to live in dreams and imagine that everything will just work out if she just has her loved ones around her. Maya is more focused on finding real solutions and having grown up with negativity from most of her loved ones her view of the world has developed to show her she can't have those things until she has security.

Maya rarely got security and support from her loved ones whereas Josy more commonly did so she does what many introverted neglected young adults learn to do: compartmentalize and grow a tunnel vision. Focus on one thing at a time and keep emotions to a minimum until you've achieved your goal. It's harder for those individuals to embrace their emotions, especially the strongest emotions like love and fear.

Maya's love of horror movies portrays her disconnection from her fears; it's not that she doesn't feel fear but she disassociates from them regularly to avoid feeling overwhelmed by them, and watching horror movies is great practice to do so. That's just one example I could give many more but I grow tired and today is my day off. There is a great deal extra explanation I wished to provide but meh I'll just let it rot in my brain.

Hopefully, my brain allows me to sleep but if not I'll just keep watching movies on Netflix until I do. Let me post this before I completely lose the plot though.

Cheers bub.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
maybe my opinion is also related to an anagraphic aspect, indeed it surely will be, but I appreciate much more a balanced character like Maya (and Bella is very similar) than overly emotional characters like Josy (and Jill for example)

to think that Maya does not reciprocate MC's feelings is rather naïve, especially in the context of an AVN :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: , only that REALISTICALLY these feelings are not Maya's only priority in life as she is called upon to deal with another emergency that takes priority. even with respect to Josy the issue of the loan takes priority, in the aftermath of Patrick's unexpected visit, Maya begins to reason about whether she should devote herself to her studies and put the affair with Josy on hold, with all the risk of losing her permanently.

now the whole loan storyline is rather stretched and not very believable, but since this is being proposed to us by DPC we have to believe it. Faced with the possibility of no longer being able to attend college and having to pay off a lifetime of debt that she can never repay, it is believable that Maya cannot let go of dreams of love and still have to maintain some lucidity (and in this it is ironic enough that the reason for friction with Josy is that for once Maya wants to have fun and forget, at least for the Halloween party, about her financial problems, by the way to think that saving money for the party costume might make a difference is very.... Jillish)

Maya, like Bella, is the only one who remains believable even in the role of MC's friend; MC doesn't love her back? she gets over it, doesn't show him a grudge, and gets on with her life. I prefer this to Josy who every first chapter of the season goes to MC to make sure he has not forgotten her and if anything instill some doubts in him about his current relationship (not coming forward, but hoping he will), or Jill who after deciding that anyway MC is not the man for her still has a beef with the fact that he is dating Bella or otherwise decides to show up at the Halloween party to make him regret what he missed...this subordinate role, which in an AVN is also fine, is still sad and pathetic...

even Zoey, forgetting the interlude steeped in failure, has this ability to be believable as both friend and lover, seems to me a great merit in DPC's construction of the character
I forgot another "plot" aspect (thus very powerful, but uninteresting) whereby Maya, unlike Josy, cannot express her feelings toward MC.

if Maya were completely smitten with MC, to the point where she would consider leaving Josy for him, Patrick's blackmail would collapse, at the meoment Maya decides to have a boyfriend what more could her father say to her?

daxil94

Aug 27, 2019
I forgot another "plot" aspect (thus very powerful, but uninteresting) whereby Maya, unlike Josy, cannot express her feelings toward MC.

if Maya were completely smitten with MC, to the point where she would consider leaving Josy for him, Patrick's blackmail would collapse, at the meoment Maya decides to have a boyfriend what more could her father say to her?
Yeah if she left Josy for MC then all the 'tuition fee' plot would just vanish :LOL:

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

Josy is the more emotional and doesn't always handle things in the best way when they go wrong, like wanting to move to east coast because she didn't get into college, but it shows Josy can slove her problems or least sometimes. Maya does handle emotion better than Josy and is better at letting things go or is more willing consider letting things go. Maya problem is she totally unable to solve her problems it either Josy, MC, Sage, and now Jill.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Yeah if she left Josy for MC then all the 'tuition fee' plot would just vanish :LOL:
I'm not so sure about that. If you recall Patrick was still going to put Maya in a solo dorm regardless if it was Josy or MC staying with Maya. Only reason why he didn't is because Derek proved to Patrick that the MC was accepted in the Frat and was inevitably moving out of Maya's dorm.

Y'all are over-thinking this and making shit up because of it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Who knows...maybe that will become part of the plot/drama in the future.
very unlikely.

Even the closing of the first season had to adhere to this rule, from the meeting there could be two outcomes and in both Josy and Maya remained together.

as long as there is Patrick's ricatot the pair of the two girls remains untouchable.

otherwise it wouldn't even be a big dramatic moment: okay, one of the two girls would be left out, but they would both be free, and most importantly Mc would be with the girl he chose. there are worse dramas

I'm not so sure about that. If you recall Patrick was still going to put Maya in a solo dorm regardless if it was Josy or MC staying with Maya. Only reason why he didn't is because Derek proved to Patrick that the MC was accepted in the Frat and was inevitably moving out of Maya's dorm.

And what obstacle/problem would it be for Maya to have a single room? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
very unlikely.

Even the closing of the first season had to adhere to this rule, from the meeting there could be two outcomes and in both Josy and Maya remained together.

as long as there is Patrick's ricatot the pair of the two girls remains untouchable.

otherwise it wouldn't even be a big dramatic moment: okay, one of the two girls would be left out, but they would both be free, and most importantly Mc would be with the girl he chose. there are worse dramas
It could still be one of the ends, the player is allowed to choose.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
MC to Zoey: You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me.

Jokes aside. Leaving all this exploding drama that is revolving around MGs and reuniting with a girl that MC has known for a long time is one of my main routes. So far, Zoey potential route looks minimally dangerous. And ofc, how to resist this:

6765756.PNG

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
And what obstacle/problem would it be for Maya to have a single room? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
The point is, that Patrick is a control freak.
The whole "student loan" thing being held in ransom against Maya is purely as a control measure. Not exclusively linked to Maya and Josy's relationship. It wouldn't matter if it was because he doesn't want Maya to have any sort of relationship or not. It's about controling her every move while he has access to that money.

daxil94

Aug 27, 2019

I wasn't talking about them living together, he's a religious dude he wouldn't want his daughter to live with a man(and in Maya's case no girls too ).
We're talking about acting boyfriend(Friends route) or real boyfriend(Throuple route) and they could've fooled him. In the end Maya can't live with Josy(Patrick!) and MC under the same roof but with boyfriend part at least money problem could've been solved.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes