Zoulu

Jun 24, 2018
Hi so is the season 1-2 18gb file meant to be a slow download? I'm only progressing by 766kb when I haven't run into that problem with any of the other games I've played. I know I shouldn't complain when im playing it for free but I'd just like to check if its an issue on my end, my internet is pretty fast usually (175 down/15 up). I suspect maybe its just the servers but I'm not a tech guy.

Maybe I should just download it by the splits?

Oh also, should i leave minigames on? I see thats in the game but I'm just in it for the sex, I don't know if there are plot points tied to doing good on the games though

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Hi so is the season 1-2 18gb file meant to be a slow download? I'm only progressing by 766kb when I haven't run into that problem with any of the other games I've played. I know I shouldn't complain when im playing it for free but I'd just like to check if its an issue on my end, my internet is pretty fast usually (175 down/15 up). I suspect maybe its just the servers but I'm not a tech guy.

Maybe I should just download it by the splits?

Oh also, should i leave minigames on? I see thats in the game but I'm just in it for the sex, I don't know if there are plot points tied to doing good on the games though
Some DL sources will start to choke your speed passed 10gb. For example Pixeldrain will have that daily cap and slow you to a crawl once you reach it. I forget what caps the other sources have as restrictions. But yeh, chances are your connection is fine.

You can do the split you suggested, do part 1 on 1 source, then pick another for part 2 and etc.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
What is it about Zoey that causes everyone to hate her so much? The interlude was a solid diversion to explain what she was up to while she was gone, and just exactly what her feelings for MC are. The interlude makes it very clear how she's going to be involved in the story going forward.

She was in Season 1 and 2 for all of 5 minutes, and then in Episode 9 for the same. She couldn't have possibly done anything to make people hate her with this much vitriol.
For me it's too early to hate or like her, the interlude was only her introduction but remains to be seen how she will fit into the story and especially with MC much later.

She is more mature than i thought she was, from MC's story i imagined her to be very much similar with Quinn, a rebel type of girl.

For now it's pretty meh, i'd say.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I just want to say. Can 't you see it ?? It's obvious. Open your eyes. These are Royces. And Jill. She's all so proper, sweet and well-mannered. As it should be in such families. Plays the piano - pim-pim-pim... And then - BANG... Surprise motherfucker... Ha ha ha. They play with people's souls. You just don't get it. What am I talking about ? Oh, yeah, I feel like I'm flourishing. Yes. Flourishing. Does anyone know what this word means ? I don't know, but, I just liked that word - flourishing. Never mind.

• Haha

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I just want to say. Can 't you see it ?? It's obvious. Open your eyes. These are Royces. And Jill. She's all so proper, sweet and well-mannered. As it should be in such families. Plays the piano - pim-pim-pim... And then - BANG... Surprise motherfucker... Ha ha ha. They play with people's souls. You just don't get it. What am I talking about ? Oh, yeah, I feel like I'm flourishing. Yes. Flourishing. Does anyone know what this word means ? I don't know, but, I just liked that word - flourishing. Never mind.
you REALLY need to share some of that weed...
C'mon on, I have pizzaaaaaa!!

:cool:

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
If we are talking about crimes, I want to ask the Americans here. Are Patrick's actions illegal and could he face a prison sentence? It seems to me that his actions with the loan are not entirely legal. Blackmail, harassment, domestic violence (psychological - 100%), fraud... We know Maya is asking Jill to help her with a lawyer. But what can Patrick expect from these cases? Civil suit or criminal, and can the police be interested in Patrick's cases?
Even if Patrick is being a total dick nothing he has done is illegal. Winning a case of fraud by claiming you were too stupid to read what you signed is not going to be easy unless you can be proven to be mentally incompetent. Patrick's blackmail happened after the contract (loan agreement) was done, and people can withhold money they control from other people for any cause. Telling your daughter you don't like her girlfriend doesn't rise to the level of "domestic violence".

But let's establish that DPC is using this loan as a MacGuffin. US federal student loans don't work the way that Maya's is being portrayed. FAFSA loan money is obtained and disbursed through the school, not the student or the parent. The loan money is then applied to tuition, living expenses, fees, and other purposes allowed under the law (no, Quinn can't pay off her drug lord with hers and MC can't "borrow" from it to pay for hookers).

Also when someone cosigns a loan with you they don't get control of the assets; you do, but as the cosigner they are obligated to repay the money if you default. That's all there is to it.

However for the sake of argument let's say that Maya's loan is not a standard student loan but an unsecured loan (unlikely in the amount, but let's just pretend) in Maya's name with her dad as a cosigner since she doesn't have any credit history. Even then her dad doesn't control the money being paid out. Only if the loan was taken in his name, such as a second mortgage on his home, would he be able to control it, and Maya would not be cosigning with her dad on that since she doesn't have any credit. He might be able to control the loan money if Maya was declared legally incompetent, but then he'd still be on the hook to fully repay it plus any interest. If her dad took the money and bet it all on red in Las Vegas and lost it both his and Maya's credit would be ruined, not just hers. I don't think even Patrick is stupid enough to wreck his entire financial life over Maya wanting to go muff diving from time to time.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I think documents are legal if it was not authorities wouldn't accept it right ?
Blackmail, harassment, domestic violence if this goes on court maybe something happens ? IDK
But if there is definitely something illegal with the documents, then this case is under jurisdiction, I think. But it is better to leave it to lawyers, I have never taken a loan from bank. :LOL:
Though I'm Canadian, this would fall under "Family matters", so long as there is no violence, it's perfectly legal to do. And I'd expect the same in America.

Maya would have to prove actual intent to harm from her Father, and also prove that she lives in literal terror, it's all legal and Kosher. Heck, Maya's situation isn't all that fictional. Yes it's in a fictional story, but it most certainly exists in real life as well. If I cared to recount some of my own growing pains from back in college heh, not enough bandwidth to do that. But in the end, I turned out like the perfect prick you'd expect to tell you off on every New York street corner. Totally normal. No lasting effects or resentments. I'm fine with hating everyone equally.
:ROFLMAO:
I understand that things like domestic violence are very difficult to prove, especially if it's psychological.

daxil94

Aug 27, 2019
Even if Patrick is being a total dick nothing he has done is illegal. Winning a case of fraud by claiming you were too stupid to read what you signed is not going to be easy unless you can be proven to be mentally incompetent. Patrick's blackmail happened after the contract (loan agreement) was done, and people can withhold money they control from other people for any cause. Telling your daughter you don't like her girlfriend doesn't rise to the level of "domestic violence".

But let's establish that DPC is using this loan as a MacGuffin. US federal student loans don't work the way that Maya's is being portrayed. FAFSA loan money is obtained and disbursed through the school, not the student or the parent. The loan money is then applied to tuition, living expenses, fees, and other purposes allowed under the law (no, Quinn can't pay off her drug lord with hers and MC can't "borrow" from it to pay for hookers).

Also when someone cosigns a loan with you they don't get control of the assets; you do, but as the cosigner they are obligated to repay the money if you default. That's all there is to it.

However for the sake of argument let's say that Maya's loan is not a standard student loan but an unsecured loan (unlikely in the amount, but let's just pretend) in Maya's name with her dad as a cosigner since she doesn't have any credit history. Even then her dad doesn't control the money being paid out. Only if the loan was taken in his name, such as a second mortgage on his home, would he be able to control it, and Maya would not be cosigning with her dad on that since she doesn't have any credit. He might be able to control the loan money if Maya was declared legally incompetent, but then he'd still be on the hook to fully repay it plus any interest. If her dad took the money and bet it all on red in Las Vegas and lost it both his and Maya's credit would be ruined, not just hers. I don't think even Patrick is stupid enough to wreck his entire financial life over Maya wanting to go muff diving from time to time.
Maya is the co-signer in this case so Patrick is in control of the money.

my "He fooled me into co-signing my student loan and afterward he gave me the ultimatum that I couldn't see Josy ever again."

That is what i understand from this line.

Reactions: dalli_x

daxil94

Aug 27, 2019
But if there is definitely something illegal with the documents, then this case is under jurisdiction, I think. But it is better to leave it to lawyers, I have never taken a loan from bank. :LOL:
I think if there was something illegal with the documents they couldn't get the loan because it wouldn't have been approved

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023

I understand that things like domestic violence are very difficult to prove, especially if it's psychological.
*nods*

In the end, this was all about "what if's" Maya did this or that to get out of her predicament. I ultimately think she will fall in line about Patrick controlling her tuition money. And where her breakthrough will be, is I suspect going to be about how she finally convinces her father to let her live her personal life as she sees fit to live it. But I doubt she will get out of her financial situation.

I honestly think Maya's plot will be to establish some form of "awakening" to her father about who she is. I think the whole money thing is a "red herring".

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Maya is the co-signer in this case so Patrick is in control of the money.

my "He fooled me into co-signing my student loan and afterward he gave me the ultimatum that I couldn't see Josy ever again."

That is what i understand from this line.
Yet that is not how it works in the US. If I cosign a loan for my daughter to buy a car, the check is made out to her and she gets to spend it. I am merely guaranteeing that the loan will be paid using my assets and credit. If she totals the car and has no insurance I am on the hook to pay for it if she doesn't pay the loan off. If I am pissed off at her and also refuse to pay the loan off both of our credits get screwed over.

What reasonably could have happened was he cosigned an unsecured loan (not a federal student loan) and got her to deposit in his personal checking account, which he solely controls. She wouldn't have access to the money unless he doled it out to her. However that's not what Maya has said at any point which is why everyone thinks that what is portrayed in the game is reality. It's not. And even then if he refused to pay the money back both of their credits would be messed up, not just Maya's.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Yet that is not how it works in the US. If I cosign a loan for my daughter to buy a car, the check is made out to her and she gets to spend it. I am merely guaranteeing that the loan will be paid using my assets and credit. If she totals the car and has no insurance I am on the hook to pay for it if she doesn't pay the loan off. If I am pissed off at her and also refuse to pay the loan off both of our credits get screwed over.

What reasonably could have happened was he cosigned an unsecured loan (not a federal student loan) and got her to deposit in his personal checking account, which he solely controls. She wouldn't have access to the money unless he doled it out to her. However that's not what Maya has said at any point which is why everyone thinks that what is portrayed in the game is reality. It's not. And even then if he refused to pay the money back both of their credits would be messed up, not just Maya's.
and had it deposited into a "joint account".

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Patrick is not stupid, that's for sure. He thinks over his actions well in terms of how to take his daughter on the hook, how to deceive in order to make an unexpected visit. etc. But here is something else, he is insane.
At the top it is written - a narcissist, plus he has some kind of inferiority complex, obsessed with control, and with this obsession he is ready to take any measures. Added to this are extremely religious views, but perhaps they are just a front, an excuse to control Maya. Perhaps he gets moral pleasure from this, although he himself doesn't recognize it - covering it with his views. So I think yes, Patrick may well fuck up his financial well-being because of this absurdity. Let's see how the DPC will explain this situation. Or maybe he won’t explain: just accept it as a fact, in my game it works like that and that’s it.
All fraud stories are like that. You inadvertently sign a contract/ agree to give bank details to strangers/trust a call about a relative in trouble and that's it, you're being fucked financially.

Reactions: daxil94
Mar 9, 2019
*nods*

In the end, this was all about "what if's" Maya did this or that to get out of her predicament. I ultimately think she will fall in line about Patrick controlling her tuition money. And where her breakthrough will be, is I suspect going to be about how she finally convinces her father to let her live her personal life as she sees fit to live it. But I doubt she will get out of her financial situation.

I honestly think Maya's plot will be to establish some form of "awakening" to her father about who she is. I think the whole money thing is a "red herring".
This is the reason I haven't commented too much on the loan, DPC might just go this fucking soppy soap opera bullshit and all the research I did about co-signed loans will ultimately amount to jack shit.

Before you go down the same spiral I went down, here's the TLDR:

Co-signed loans don't work the way Maya's does.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
This is the reason I haven't commented too much on the loan, DPC might just go this fucking soppy soap opera bullshit and all the research I did about co-signed loans will ultimately amount to jack shit.

Before you go down the same spiral I went down, here's the TLDR:

Co-signed loans don't work the way Maya's does.
Exactly
Again why I labelled Maya a Drama queen. Because DPC wrote her that way. And it's a great way to distract readers from the actual facts.

As I pointed out, I think ultimately what will happen will be some form of family "intervention" for Patrick. And Maya's salvation will be Patrick finally accepting his daughter for who she is and finally letting her breath like a normal teenager.

(y)

Reactions: daxil94

daxil94

Aug 27, 2019

What i understand from Maya's situation is like this:

Patrick got the loan but Maya co-signed so money deposited in Patricks account and he pays from semester to semester(maybe ?) that's why if she doesn't do what Patrick wants he can just not pay for the semester and Maya's expelled(?) from the school.

If he doesn't pay(for this he should be an idiot more than a bigot) loan is on Maya's shoulder and she has to pay it.

Thats what i understood from the game correct me if i'm wrong.

Reactions: dalli_x

daxil94

Aug 27, 2019
Exactly
Again why I labelled Maya a Drama queen. Because DPC wrote her that way. And it's a great way to distract readers from the actual facts.

As I pointed out, I think ultimately what will happen will be some form of family "intervention" for Patrick. And Maya's salvation will be Patrick finally accepting his daughter for who she is and finally letting her breath like a normal teenager.

(y)
That's not the feeling i got from the guy(with little interaction) but i hope he accepts her as she is like you say so that she can be herself and trust her parents like normal children do

Dec 21, 2021
While I think this is a case of either a) DPC doesn't understand how the loan process works somewhere that is not his home country or b) it's a deliberate choice for drama.

For loan choices it could be any number of things: Private Student Loan, Unsecured Loan, HELOC... also could be a Parent PLUS loan that Patrick took out which would be in his name. The loan type doesn't really matter because it just needs to function in this one specific way for the story to work: Patrick has the funds and Maya needs them to continue to go to college, therefore she is stuck.

Realistically all of this probably comes down to a combination of a and b: DPC doesn't know how it works and wrote it to cause drama for his story. He also doesn't know how hormonal birth control works so I have to gloss over that the same way.

Reactions: JJ1960

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
That's not the feeling i got from the guy(with little interaction) but i hope he accepts her as she is like you say so that she can be herself and trust her parents like normal children do
Agreed, but with how the throuple path is shaping up like, it would carry more of an emotional impact for her to confront her father with her brother and mother and her close friends, MC and Josy. and making him see just how she really is and to convince him that her motives aren't evil, not to mention that she's a legal adult as well. etc.

I can honestly see something like that elaborating as a story arc. There's plenty of potential with this angle. The whole money thing is a great distraction because everyone can relate to financial stress in one form or another. That's why I think that's a fantastic red herring for readers to get caught up in. And I firmly believe this is the path that DPC will take.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes