Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I think if there was something illegal with the documents they couldn't get the loan because it wouldn't have been approved
Yeah, another idea, what if papers are okay and main thing is blackmail.
*nods*

In the end, this was all about "what if's" Maya did this or that to get out of her predicament. I ultimately think she will fall in line about Patrick controlling her tuition money. And where her breakthrough will be, is I suspect going to be about how she finally convinces her father to let her live her personal life as she sees fit to live it. But I doubt she will get out of her financial situation.

I honestly think Maya's plot will be to establish some form of "awakening" to her father about who she is. I think the whole money thing is a "red herring".
Convince a man like Patrick?

It seems to me that he would rather agree to her death than accept that his daughter loves girls. He's fucked in the head.
I think a way out will be found if Maya finds a powerful ally in the form of Royce. People with such influence could make a difference.

Meh, so much drama with Maya and her problems, return to Zoey, Geralt, you will not regret it. :ROFLMAO:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023

It seems to me that he would rather agree to her death than accept that his daughter loves girls. He's fucked in the head.
I think a way out will be found if Maya finds a powerful ally in the form of Royce. People with such influence could make a difference.

Meh, so much drama with Maya and her problems, return to Zoey, Geralt, you will not regret it. :ROFLMAO:
Not saying that would be impossible.

But knowing that DPC likes to taunt the emotional side of story telling, I expect he will deliver in this VN so much more than he did in Acting Lessons, when the MC is going through the counseling sessions after the fire. BaDIk is immensely larger in content than AL, so the work-up to the emotional plot arcs is naturally taking much longer to reach.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Not saying that would be impossible.

But knowing that DPC likes to taunt the emotional side of story telling, I expect he will deliver in this VN so much more than he did in Acting Lessons, when the MC is going through the counseling sessions after the fire. BaDIk is immensely larger in content than AL, so the work-up to the emotional plot arcs is naturally taking much longer to reach.
It’s even hard to imagine what the endings of this game will be and how he will be able to cope with all this cargo at the end of the story.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
It’s even hard to imagine what the endings of this game will be and how he will be able to cope with all this cargo at the end of the story.
I'm scared to even imagine what his story-board looks like.
For a VN of this magnitude he's got to have a massive database of choice references. Because even if on paper, this would be hell to write out. Can you even imagine how many pages this would represent!? How does one organize all this!?
o_O

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I'm scared to even imagine what his story-board looks like.
For a VN of this magnitude he's got to have a massive database of choice references. Because even if on paper, this would be hell to write out. Can you even imagine how many pages this would represent!? How does one organize all this!?
o_O
And two years schedule for Endgame episode development :HideThePain:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

daxil94

Aug 27, 2019

nuzzyfipples

Jun 20, 2023
Great game. But I just don't like the situation where the MC gets mad at Josy and Maya. I feel like he is so childish.

I don't hate that he gets mad, simply because I think enough clues had been dropped to both girls by that point that they knew you'd be upset when you found out, but I will agree that he stays "mad" for too long. Even in subsequent scenes you get asked if you overreacted by various people. I think if you choose 'yes', it should resolve the squabble faster, yet for some reason you stay mad.

Reactions: Hakunak

nuzzyfipples

Jun 20, 2023
Speaking of toxic relationships, which relationship of the MC do you guys think is the most toxic? (It does not have to be one of the LIs, more in general). One that comes to my mind is the relationship with Tommy...
I don't care for Tommy, but he doesn't seem to be a truly terrible person to me, just extremely impulsive and with a very short fuse. He tends to realize he fucked up when he does, it just takes him a minute, and he tries to make up for it in his own way.

Worst relationship in my opinion would probably be Troy. Guy goes from 0 to 100 the second you meet him, and just barely lets off the gas at times.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Chutoro

nuzzyfipples

Jun 20, 2023
Is there some sort of time allotment for how long someone should stay mad, that I don't know about? Hell, I'm still mad about something that happened years ago.
Not really, but if you decide that you overreacted, it should end sooner than it does, because you clearly know by then that you shouldn't be mad, or at least upset with that particular fight. It feels like it drags on far too long to me when choosing that you've overreacted, especially because in your interactions with them after choosing that, the choices are as if you are still pissed. Then all is forgiven instantly at the party.

That particular plot thread could be fleshed out a little more, I think. It's probably the only part of the game I would "fix", plot wise.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
I tend to think a solo path will open within the throuple, I question if it will happen on others path at this point. The most likely path feel like in the throuple it's already setup with how mc spends his time. Balance will keep it going spending more time with one of the girls opens solo with that girl. The fan walk though indicates something is coming with Josy and Maya so choices are going to matter a lot but that's just what I think
Thinking of it you should always remember about branching system and coherence of scenes including the lewd ones. DPC won't made a separate scenes for solo out of throuple or solo after leaving the throuple. So, it either be both at a time or only one option and in perspective too. It's TOO early for throuple to break up and open the single paths, while it's quite latest and very last moments for solo paths out of throuple (others road) as well as right time for a potential cheating things for another MG branches.

Based on thoughts above I think we will have a stable Throuple until the very late episodes, where and when it may play out differently. The happy throuple to the end, the solo paths, the MC fucked up and left alone. But at the same time we would have a solo Josy/Maya paths via friends & feelings for ways AND cheating options and temptations with them.

Jade didn't know anything about Chad for sure. She just assumed. Seriously, do you think if she had proof that Chad was gay, she wouldn't have shown it to Sage? She would have shown right away. Parents are very restless people, especially when it comes to the health of children. It's no secret that among gays, the incidence of AIDS is higher. And at least for this reason, if Jade knew for sure that Chad was gay, she would do anything to stop Chad and Sage communicating. I am 100% sure of this.
Let's try to figure out the following moments:

1. We don't know a lot about CCTVs in campus. They may be installed only in some of frats mansions, but they can also be installed in much more different places around the campus. Who set them up, who use them and for what reasons - it's still a mystery. If Stephen got video with MC & Jade through CCTV hidden camera in DIKs movie theater where Hell Week evaluation took place, then he is the one, who obviously responsible for it. Then the next question - does Jade know about it and use it too? If not, then there are 2 possibilities - leaked video from laptop or the case, where CCTVs camera user and operator is someone else, but such person probably use extracted evidences and materials for different purposes on his own - blackmailing other persons, extracting benefits and profit, etc.

2. We don't know how and what exactly Jade told to Sage and when she did it. Was it 1-2 years ago or a weeks before Sage met MC? Following the logic from above - if the evidence was a CCTV record, then Jade wouldn't share such info with Sage, I suppose. Also MC noticed so MUCH times that rumors spread in campus with a light speed and a lot of people know each other and in contact. He himself get caught in situation where ALL of MGs are know or connected in some way between each other and most of SGs too.

3. Jade is an intelligent and experienced woman. She doesn't need direct evidence to understand something or feel the situation. She noticed the tension between MC and Maya in no time and if MC is in affair with her she pours her soul to him a bit regarding Stephen cheating with Cathy, etc. Chad was Sage boyfriend for how much time? 3 years? I think he visited Burkes from time to time. Stephen seems to know him, he mentions Chad in such way after he punched MC. So, there are a lot of opportunities to notice something in Chad's behaviours. I doubt that he is bi-, so if he is gay then it's much easier to notice.

4. We know that this beard and not healthy relationship lasted for years. We know that Sage have a troubles with communicating and talk about serious things with her parents. So, even if Jade clearly knew that, she probably hadn't talked a lot with Sage, just gave her some hints, but it seems Sage refused such thoughts.

5. All that HOTs & Alphas "traditions" shit, President & President, etc. Another reason to cool down and not break such relationship even if Jade suspected that the Chad is gay.

Most likely because he beat the crap out of Dawe. That's why he was forced to leave the tri-alphas.

This dialogue is from episode 8, at the gym:

Dawe "Yeah, keep on fucking walking."
Dawe "Can you believe the fucking nerve on that guy?"
Dawe "I wish we could cancel his membership."
Caleb "Who's that?"
Anthony "That's Troy. He used to be one of us."
Caleb "Used to? What happened?"
Chad "Guys... Let's not do this."
Dawe "Why not? The new guys should know the tri-alpha history."
Dawe "That guy's a dickhead, and any alpha that gets kicked out shouldn't get off easily."
Chad "Oh, yeah. Then, what's the difference between him and me?"
Chad "I was suspended and you're letting me off the hook."
Dawe "Come on. It's different with him! It wasn't us that kicked you out."
Dawe "And he fucking deserves it! It took me two weeks to chew normally!"
Dawe "Don't tell me you're going soft on him all of a sudden!"
Chad "Let's focus on the routine, ok?"
Dawe "I'll tell you more later."
Yeah, I remember this lines, but what was Troys reason to beat up Dawe? And why this ended with kicking him out? While Chad was president, but Dawe only vice. Of course it could be a financial part and influence, since if I remember right, Dawe supposed to be an Alpha's main sponsor, not Chad. And all Alphas still respect Chad knowing he is Troys friend. And the very last and interesting thing is who punched Troy when MC guitar was stolen? We know that guitar probably stolen by Chad himself. But it's not 100% true, maybe Dawe or somebody else did that, while Chad only asked to bring him MC guitar from Troys room.

That's interesting.
Stephen Burke apparently didn't want to attend the preps party in the first place. That also puts the Mona thing in a different light. But why did he show up anyway?

Stephen thought that Jade had something else in mind and probably wanted to meet another woman who had a Rooster shock just before. Cathy. She canceled because she didn't need a fuck, she needed good friends. So Stephen reorganized that and went to the preps party.
It's not that simple. Jade & Sage supposed that Stephen will not show, while Tybalt probably knew that. Stephen himself supposed that Jade won't show up... Stephen was there for different purposes. To meet with guests and talk about business and to fuck Mona as well. While it's unclear why Jade showed up. Probably she knew that Stephen planned to attend the party and decided to catch him on cheating. Or it's just a random coincidence.

Code:
bu "Honey...? I thought you said you wouldn't show. Didn't you have other plans?"
ja "I did, but I had to cancel those other plans."
ja "As it turns out, the company Cathy chooses to keep tonight is awfully similar to someone you'd choose as well."
bu "*{i}Whispers{/i}* Not tonight, honey. And definitely not here."
ja "Don't call me honey, *honey*."
bu "..."
ja "You don't have to stay. Off and play with your friends."
bu "*Mumbles* Why do I even bother trying?"

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jumbi and dalli_x

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Just to finalize the thoughts about solo Josy/Maya paths and why it's possible for the latter.

Let's put aside all the debates and follow the path of simple logic, including specific AVN logic. And also such important things as being able to give this choice (to tell Derek about his feelings for her) and creating all these micro-changes in scenes and dialogues. Enabling this selection in EP9 recap, etc.

A simple question. If in order for solo paths to open, we need to sabotage or simply not help them save their relationship, or they are doomed to failure according to the plan of the DPC in any case, then why the hell does someone assume that in this case only Josy's solo path is possible, but Maya's solo path is impossible. Let's imagine - their couple broke up. What will each of them do? Josy will run to MC in to time. And what will Maya do? Why can't she do the same? Yes, if we didn't join the Throuple, we didn't give such a strong development to her feelings, sexuality and character with MC side, but even without that there was a spark between them and Derek noticed it, the way she looks at MC and all that. And the simple logic, and especially the logic of AVN games, just screams that nothing will prevent Maya from trying to get together with MC, and if MC decided that he has feelings for her, then nothing prevents this from happening too.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Not really, but if you decide that you overreacted, it should end sooner than it does, because you clearly know by then that you shouldn't be mad, or at least upset with that particular fight. It feels like it drags on far too long to me when choosing that you've overreacted, especially because in your interactions with them after choosing that, the choices are as if you are still pissed. Then all is forgiven instantly at the party.

That particular plot thread could be fleshed out a little more, I think. It's probably the only part of the game I would "fix", plot wise.
Well, I think I'm one of the few people who don't feel like I overreacted. But you're correct, if you feel like you did, then it will still take a bit of time to calm tf down I think.

nuzzyfipples

Jun 20, 2023
Well, I think I'm one of the few people who don't feel like I overreacted. But you're correct, if you feel like you did, then it will still take a bit of time to calm tf down I think.
What it really needs is a less hostile reaction option when Josy walks into the room, to be honest. Then you can truly choose how to react to that scenario rather than have it be an entirely forced one that ends suddenly.

Reactions: RandoCard3

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Great game. But I just don't like the situation where the MC gets mad at Josy and Maya. I feel like he is so childish.
This has been a heavily discussed topic here for literally years.

To this day I can't even fathom how people can take something like that so lightly... Childish? Are you shitting me? MC gets DELIBERATLY deceived by not one but two people he meets and is crushing on. Both of them have multiple opportunities to either come clean (which I understand would be hard) or just end things before they get out of control and neither one does it. They both cheat and place the MC in an awful position. If that shit happened to me IRL, neither one of them would be in my life after that. I would excise both tumors swiftly without a second thought. That's how bad what they did is.

But since this crap is just an AVN, my "canon" is the throuple because no other girl in the game even comes close to Josy and Maya is my 3rd favorite girl.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Thinking of it you should always remember about branching system and coherence of scenes including the lewd ones. DPC won't made a separate scenes for solo out of throuple or solo after leaving the throuple. So, it either be both at a time or only one option and in perspective too. It's TOO early for throuple to break up and open the single paths, while it's quite latest and very last moments for solo paths out of throuple (others road) as well as right time for a potential cheating things for another MG branches.

Based on thoughts above I think we will have a stable Throuple until the very late episodes, where and when it may play out differently. The happy throuple to the end, the solo paths, the MC fucked up and left alone. But at the same time we would have a solo Josy/Maya paths via friends & feelings for ways AND cheating options and temptations with them.
While I do agree it would be to early for the throuple to break but based on the WT something is coming with Josy and Maya likely more fighting which could start in episode 10. DPC has already made separate solo scenes for Josy and Maya so solo paths and happy throuple are being set up it all comes down to choice because of that I think the branching still works

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
What it really needs is a less hostile reaction option when Josy walks into the room, to be honest. Then you can truly choose how to react to that scenario rather than have it be an entirely forced one that ends suddenly.
This would made DPC to create a strong branching from the beginning. So it then would had to be handled through whole Season 2 and further. Some moments are unavoidable and cemented in the plot. Probably it's a part of the plot core. Just like MC pledging to DIKs frat, etc. If we will make all or most things and parts of plot optionable and customizable, then the game will require 100 episodes to tell us the same amount of story which is planned and most of space and time will be spent to play out all that branches and sub-branches which was bringed by every major choice and altered very significant plot parts and affected story telling. Tbh we have quite enough freedom in this game. I understand that it would never be enough for some and everyone can't be satisfied. Just remain a realist.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes