Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Quinn best comparison will always be Joffrey, just like him, she is a polarizing character,
people love to hate her, but none really cried when he died, some of us even felt that he did not suffered enough :LOL:

and at one point DPC even said it , that, this was his intention with Quinn anyway, so if anything what is surprising how people surprised by that people react toward her the way she meant to be reacted:ROFLMAO:
That's not what polarizing means. When you say that someone or something is polarizing, what you mean is that it's object of hot debates (like this very same thread is often a proof of) and that tends to divide people around it into irreconcilable groups. I.e. you usually love it or hate it instead.

And DPC's thoughts about Quinn on that Questions and answers session were these:

2021_02_QnA.Quinn.jpg

"Love to hate or hate to love". The guy has a way with words.

Last edited:

lollar2112

Dec 10, 2017
That's an extreme stretch. She's definitely a stubborn arsehole, and has a bunch of issues due to her upbringing, but I really don't feel "psychopath" or "narcissist" really apply to her. She likes people who fight her to much to be a narcissist, and while there are moments she comes across as a psychopath, there's enough hints that's just part of her front.
My 2 Cents. Make of it what you will.....

Quinn shows signs of being morally evil. People that get satisfaction, happiness, etc from the misfortunes of other people are considered evil by psychology. She does the above, and the satisfaction she gets from simply messing with people strengthens that likelihood.

Vinny showed in a previous episode he was willing to do things normal college kids do, such as join a frat, go through Hell Week, and be part of the guys. His motivations for getting into the drug world aren't known, and while pulling a gun and dealing drugs are bad things, is he closer to an Average Joe or a Super Villian? Is Vinny a person that thoroughly enjoys his business to the point that he exacts that joy from the misery he inflicts on others? We don't know enough about him to confirm or deny that notion. He likely has chosen a terrible profession and operates in that profession as any man operating a business might. Why he chose that route and quit college isn't known either. Does he twiddle his thumbs and cackle as a bolt of lightning strikes behind him when he sentences a hit or a beating, etc to someone that didn't pay up? Or does he do so after just getting done talking to a friend about a grocery list?

We do know that Quinn enjoys screwing with people as a way to entertain herself. It is something she does for pleasure and fun, which is a much more evil act than doing evil acts out of necessity for a business/way of life.

The primary motivator for a person like Vinny to enter into an underground business is greed and ambition. Greed is evil, but it's not known if he is evil because he's greedy and ambitious. Their greed leads to evil acts, but the punishments are necessities to drug lords, as letting a person off with a warning or demanding a simple repayment, would only lessen his credibility in the underground world and lead to further issues. While that isn't an excuse. as killing or beating people up or even threatening them with a gun is wrong, but it helps us understand the difference between messing with people for pleasure and messing with them for business. A distinction that helps us recognize his actions as evil, but not necessarily his person.

Does the person specifically do what they do to cause people harm, or is it a byproduct of the career they've chosen? The deeds are evil and that can lead to collateral damage. Either way, Vinny is a deeply troubled person with irrational responses. But is that a byproduct of being evil, or potentially having an anger problem leading him to react irrationally.

Tommy seems to be a spoiled brat that has gotten anything he's wanted in life without working for it. He likely has never dealt with any severe problems in life. He is simply spoiled and stupid and likely has an inferiority complex.

Reactions: dalli_x

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Vinny is a deeply troubled person with irrational responses.
Simply put, Vinny is a weak coward that picked the easy path in life. Praying on other people's weaknesses and using strong-arm means to his ends. Nothing more nothing less. Over analyzing him is futile.

And saying "dealing drugs and keeping the business afloat" is not an easy way of life, is also bullshit. Because that business model exclusively survives on bullying and intimidation instead of an honest struggle to survive. Again a weak mindset.

Saying he's "deeply troubled" is somehow a way of validating his position and choice of lifestyle. That's a misguided view IMHO.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

lollar2112

Dec 10, 2017
Simply put, Vinny is a weak coward that picked the easy path in life. Praying on other people's weaknesses and using strong-arm means to his ends. Nothing more nothing less. Over analyzing him is futile.

And saying "dealing drugs and keeping the business afloat" is not an easy way of life, is also bullshit. Because that business model exclusively survives on bullying and intimidation instead of an honest struggle to survive. Again a weak mindset.

Saying he's "deeply troubled" is somehow a way of validating his position and choice of lifestyle. That's a misguided view IMHO.
Fair enough points. My thesis is that Quinn is the most evil character in the game based on the information currently known. I wouldn't necessarily classify Vinny as evil. Weak and cowardly? 100 percent agree.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I don't know how someone can look for positive in Vinny behavior. He is a complete cunt.
This we can see from his behavior when he attacks MC, even if this was not necessary and MC used the Chick option. He shows dominance here, but he is too cowardly to decide it like a man and shows a gun. If this guy brought a gun to campus and has the audacity to threaten it for no reason, then he's definitely an asshole. And compared to Quinn, Vinny is much more dangerous and has a much more "black soul". No matter how fun he was at parties, according to what we saw at Ep.5 prologue.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
We don't really know when the turn from friend to boyfriend happened in MC's mind. Back in episode 5 he liked fucking Sage and in episode 7 he gives Sage an ultimatum. Actually all his words to Sage are true, but we don't see the inner monologue of why he wants to be with Sage. That's actually true of all the girls. Why Bella, Jill, Quinn, etc. A few lines and the relationship would have been much more believable.
Not a friend to boyfriend, but fuck buddies or friends with benefits to boyfriend. The turning point came when she finally broke up with Chad. And he seemed to make it clear why he thinks so. For the same reason, we have a choice to pursue Sage from the EP7, after she became free.

How badly does the plot need Becky? Answer: none. She is introduced into the plot for one reason: to be a female alternative to Tybalt. It would be funny if Tybalt and Becky ended up getting together. The whole free tuition thing could have been taken over by Sally or Karen, for example. Besides I think the blonde vixen girl is a more interesting character than Becky.
She is a part of J&M story. Since we know that J&M story is a part of the plot core. I think dormies and Becky herself will play their role in appropriate moment. DPC never gives episode titles for nothing, Vixens is more about dormies, both girls and guys. Previously, we just saw them in different scenes and parties, but we didn't even know their names, now everything is changing.

Is the threesome with Sage & Quinn on sage's path or others path?
Also do you have to have DIK affinity?
And was it in episode 9 or earlier?
Being on Sage path, Neutral or DIK affinity are required
J&M path blocks this scene and/or Chick affinity blocks this scene
you may or may not be on Quinn path as well, it will change some dialogue lines before and during the lewd scene

Code:
if pathMayaJosy or pathJill or ep7_bella_lewd:
  mc "(Oof... I should probably resist... Hm...)"
menu:
  "Yes" if True:
      mc "Uh... Of course!"
      if affinity == "CHICK" or pathMayaJosy or ep8_quinn_rejected_you:
          mc "So, are we?"
          qu "Shut it, hippie pervert. It was a rhetorical question. I wouldn't touch you with rubber gloves."

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I don't know how someone can look for positive in Vinny behavior. He is a complete cunt.
This we can see from his behavior when he attacks MC, even if this was not necessary and MC used the Chick option. He shows dominance here, but he is too cowardly to decide it like a man and shows a gun. If this guy brought a gun to campus and has the audacity to threaten it for no reason, then he's definitely an asshole. And compared to Quinn, Vinny is much more dangerous and has a much more "black soul". No matter how fun he was at parties, according to what we saw at Ep.5 prologue.
he does have a nice beard thats about it :Kappa:

• Haha
Reactions: dalli_x

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Fair enough points. My thesis is that Quinn is the most evil character in the game based on the information currently known. I wouldn't necessarily classify Vinny as evil. Weak and cowardly? 100 percent agree.
Despite some of my arguments against Quinn, if one chooses her path, she does display some more 'humane' tendencies if you romance her. For instance, when you leave the library with her to go sit on the park bench. After a few exchanges with her she sort of begins to drop her defensive walls and display a "softer" tone if you will.

So getting to know Quinn does end up showing she has more depth about her personality than if we just go by what we see from the get go. But I personally don't like the Quinn character. Because at face value she's a total evil cunt. But she does show sings of having some possible redeeming qualities.

Vinny on the other hand, not so much. Vinny is a much more believable character than Quinn is. Because we all know there are ALOT of "Vinnys" out there that no matter how much you try, they'll never admit weakness and that is a weakness in itself. Which becomes a testament to their inherent behaviors.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

especially when we know almost nothing about him. he could be as much the victim of any abuse as a spoilt rich risk-taker.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes