ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
That's not what polarizing means. When you say that someone or something is polarizing, what you mean is that it's object of hot debates (like this very same thread is often a proof of) and that tends to divide people around it into irreconcilable groups. I.e. you usually love it or hate it instead.

And DPC's thoughts about Quinn on that Questions and answers session were these:

View attachment 2791620

"Love to hate or hate to love". The guy has a way with words.
"That's not what polarizing means."
then you directly post the quote from DPC when he say, he expected her to be , polarizing . . .
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

NoNameNeeded

Nov 9, 2017
Holy shit.
After general whining about Quinn we know, some 14 hours later, have a discussion on moral absolutism versus moral relativism.

Only in the BaDik thread boys and girls :D

I must say that I do like that discussion better than most though.
Then again maybe not since people have dug their trenches and for some reason refuse to discuss in good faith.

Carry on though, it beats waifu wars and DalliX theories.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I think using "Evil" here is a shallow way of approaching it. People are rarely ever All Bad, or All Good.

Quinn is a troll, and a bully, and probably has limited empathy, but it's not zero. She shows it towards people she cares about.
Her need to be a dick to everyone also doesn't seem to stem from the need to bully, or control, but more of her just being combative. She doesn't like people who don't stand up to her. She likes people with fight. Her compliment towards Maya when she slapped her was probably genuine.

Don't get me wrong. She's got a bunch to make up for, and should probably be talking to a professional about some stuff, but at the end of the day she was groomed as a kid to be this way. She still young, 20 at the oldest. It's not to late for her to be better.

I'm going to be blunt here. You're takes on Quinn feel so extreme, that it feels like you just don't like her, and are exaggerating her bad qualities, of which there are many, in order to justify never considering looking for anything good in her.

I wouldn't consider Vinny evil either. He embraces DIK life to the extreme, and doesn't care that most people can't handle that. He's a massive arsehole. No way to know if he's salvageable though, since we don't know whether he intended to use that gun.
I like your breakdown of Quinn's attitude.
Because only at the end of Ep 9 she let's us have a glimpse of her finally evolving as a character when she finally tells Tommy she's sorry and starts to own up to her fuck up.

When you're on a path other than hers, she's basically written for you to hate her. But on her path, you get to see willingness to drop "the walls" she's built up over time.

Anyhow.
Well said. As far as Vinny is concerned,
I still hope he gets hit by a falling satellite.
:ROFLMAO:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I think using "Evil" here is a shallow way of approaching it. People are rarely ever All Bad, or All Good.

Quinn is a troll, and a bully, and probably has limited empathy, but it's not zero. She shows it towards people she cares about.
Her need to be a dick to everyone also doesn't seem to stem from the need to bully, or control, but more of her just being combative. She doesn't like people who don't stand up to her. She likes people with fight. Her compliment towards Maya when she slapped her was probably genuine.

Don't get me wrong. She's got a bunch to make up for, and should probably be talking to a professional about some stuff, but at the end of the day she was groomed as a kid to be this way. She still young, 20 at the oldest. It's not to late for her to be better.

I'm going to be blunt here. You're takes on Quinn feel so extreme, that it feels like you just don't like her, and are exaggerating her bad qualities, of which there are many, in order to justify never considering looking for anything good in her.

I wouldn't consider Vinny evil either. He embraces DIK life to the extreme, and doesn't care that most people can't handle that. He's a massive arsehole. No way to know if he's salvageable though, since we don't know whether he intended to use that gun.
I used to think Quinn was a psychopath, but with the latest episodes she's more clearly a BPD. For good or bad.

Reactions: RandoCard3

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Anyone think there is a chance tommy isn't totally against the idea of fuckface being with josy. He obviously trusts him with her when he asks him to watch out for her, but then again I highly doubt it.
He won't have much of a choice if Josy takes Aim at his balls again. Tommy will bitch, boast, posture and moan about it. But in the end I don't think he'll be able to do a single thing to prevent it.

Reactions: dalli_x

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Hmmmmm, no!
I'd like to see your arguments. Going by Wikipedia...
  • Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment
  • Unstable and chaotic interpersonal relationships, often characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation, also known as "splitting"
  • Markedly disturbed sense of identity and distorted self-image
  • Impulsive or reckless behaviors (e.g., impulsive or uncontrollable spending, unsafe sex, substance use disorders, reckless driving, binge eating)
  • Recurrent suicidal ideation or self harm
  • Rapidly shifting intense emotional dysregulation
  • Chronic feelings of emptiness
  • Inappropriate, intense anger that can be difficult to control
  • Transient, stress-related paranoid or severe dissociative symptoms
Wikipedia says five out of those nine would be enough. One, two, and four are spot on. Eight and nine are dubious, and the rest are more personal and we haven't seen them yet, but could appear when we learn more about her. I shouldn't have said clearly, but it's a growing possibility.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
  • Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment
  • Unstable and chaotic interpersonal relationships, often characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation, also known as "splitting"
  • Markedly disturbed sense of identity and distorted self-image
  • Impulsive or reckless behaviors (e.g., impulsive or uncontrollable spending, unsafe sex, substance use disorders, reckless driving, binge eating)
  • Recurrent suicidal ideation or self harm
  • Rapidly shifting intense emotional dysregulation
  • Chronic feelings of emptiness
  • Inappropriate, intense anger that can be difficult to control
  • Transient, stress-related paranoid or severe dissociative symptoms
Wikipedia says five out of those nine would be enough. One, two, and four are spot on. Eight and nine are dubious, and the rest are more personal and we haven't seen them yet, but could appear when we learn more about her. I shouldn't have said clearly, but it's a growing possibility.
You're describing 99,99% of F95 after-dad-died-20-something-MC-comes-back-living-with-his-"landlady & roomies" VNs' older "roommate" characters, basically. :sneaky:

Just wondering why they're mostly big-boobed tall brunettes :unsure:

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
My MC is not the Fuckbuddy of Sage. That's why it's so funny to me, because the MC's choice of words is unconscious flirting and Sage perceives it as flirting, whereupon Sage sends the MC the signal so that she is interested in him.
I gave an example with Josy above. You have a lot of other opportunities during the game to flirt with girls. It's Heather, it's Sarah and Mel, even Becky. They will react differently according to your affinity, restaraunt thing and other conditions.

Following your logic - MC periodically falls into insanity and does not know what he is doing and why, but at other times and moments he is perfectly aware of what he is doing (flirting). With Josy, MC even mention his flirt radar. With scene in campus after getting DIK jackets MC have an option to flirt with Becky & Kaily. The difference here is only the purpose and his targets and reasons. Sometimes he is punished for that. Flirting with Becky results in RP loss with J&M during breakfast in cafeteria if MC on their path. Flirting with Sage during photoshoot session at Halloween adds TC points. When MC is not on her path, she says him that he flirt and seems that he like to do it. And in case of being on other MG branch adds something like "We both know that you shouldn't".

Regarding Sage in EP7 and why the dialogue doesn't change depending on fuck buddy path or not. 1. We know that she is interested in MC, or better to say she is fond of MC. 2. Flirting with her gives RP points. There are extra ones if you took care of her in EP6, when she was sick. 3. She like to hear such things from MC even if he is not into her. She suffered from a lack of attention to her feminine side and needs on the part of the Chad.

The problem with being mad at Zoey is that it shows the MC Zoey still has deeper feelings for Zoey. You can only be mad at an ex-partner if the ex-partner means more to you than you want to admit to yourself. Only when the MC has processed the past does he no longer have to be mad at Zoey and the way for a friendship between Zoey and the MC is then open.
I can't agree here. It's your decision to forgive or not forgive somebody. If you feel that the reasons to forgive is not enough or you just doesn't have such reasons, then what? Tbh, he forgive her anyway, but the "distance" between them is different after this choice.

In short, I completely disagree with the position that you can only be mad at someone who meant something to you, while everyone else become forgiven by default, because they mean little to you. It all depends on the person's act, your vision of the situation and possible explanations and motivation of who you plan to forgive or not.

Even the game strongly hints with the consequences of this choice. That if he is mad at her, then he is quite cold with her, even rude in places, and the best option in this case is if they can restore friendship, but without something more. While forgiveness allows you to slip through a significant stage of gradual reconciliation and, perhaps, return to something more besides friendship. But for some reason it looks like that you see this situation in inverted way.

In principle, the final decision for a LI was not in EP8, but in EP9. In EP9, the confirmation of the player's LI choice from EP8 takes place.
Decision was made, but will you come with you decision to finale or will fail depends on your future actions. S3 and EP9 introduced "TC" (cheat counter/temptation counter, whatever it is) with a purpose to test and make you prove your faith and honesty. So, it's only the beginning. The results will unfold close to game finale.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
  • Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment (not the case)
  • Unstable and chaotic interpersonal relationships, often characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation, also known as "splitting" (not the case)
  • Markedly disturbed sense of identity and distorted self-image (not the case)
  • Impulsive or reckless behaviors (e.g., impulsive or uncontrollable spending, unsafe sex, substance use disorders, reckless driving, binge eating) (not the case as only 1 of those fit her with the substance abuse)
  • Recurrent suicidal ideation or self harm (not the case)
  • Rapidly shifting intense emotional dysregulation (not the case)
  • Chronic feelings of emptiness (She's never articulated this)
  • Inappropriate, intense anger that can be difficult to control (I suppose this point can be argued)
  • Transient, stress-related paranoid or severe dissociative symptoms (not the case)
Corrected your post!
Are you sure you're talking about Quinn?

Last edited:
Reactions: KАRАMBA

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
She is a narcissistic psychopath, there is just no way around that. Not of the caliber of a serial killer but at the very least of the caliber as a criminal. She exploits and toys with people. She doesn't really acknowledges danger. She never reflects on her actions. She always blames others for misshapes and mistakes even if they're clearly hers.

Just take the costume competition at the end of ep. 9. None of her possible picks are about awarding the best costume or rewarding someone for his or her efforts or making someone happy. They are all about mocking, insulting and outright demeaning someone.

There is this small moment of regret and reflection on the roof for the very first time at the end of ep. 9, that could be a hint of a possible "redemption arc"f for her, we will see.
Quinn is not a narcissistic psychopath, rather an egomaniac. Criminal is also still too much. Petty criminal fits better.

But otherwise you are right.
An egomaniac is pathologically a narcissistic psychopath.
No, an egomaniac is the precursor to a narcissistic psychopath.

Now I understand why you like Quinns so much. If what you wrote is all true, then you are even worse than Quinn, even if you didn't wield the knife. You are complicit in someone's death. It doesn't matter if the dead man was a pig and a murderer. You had the opportunity to prevent this murder, in which you could have informed the police about the whereabouts of the guy.

The participants who are still alive are not law-abiding citizens because certain acts never have a statute of limitations.
I used to think Quinn was a psychopath, but with the latest episodes she's more clearly a BPD. For good or bad.
Hmmmmm, no!
I am sincerely intimidated by the number of experts in psychiatry who swarm this topic... :rolleyes:

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
I'll just say one simple thing. Many condemn Quinn, and say - Oh, she's so bad. Well, OK, there are bad people. And there are many of them. There are many of us. We are bad people. The world does not belong only to good people. We are bad people, narcissistic psychopaths, scammers, thieves, drug dealers, pimps, manipulators, racketeers, blackmailers. We all - Yes, we exist. The lives of bad people matter !
9wwwxkdon567.gif.3c7b69cf9da6bcc71c2eb55a89159cbf.gif

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Corrected your post!
Are you sure you're talking about Quinn?
Yeah. The first point is shown on her not wanting to have cloes ties to anyone. She doesn't want anyone to get close to her so they won't abandon her. Point three is the abuse of sustances AND unsafe sex. Everyone does it in this game, but it still applies to her. Point two is true, she's idealised the MC, but she hasn't shown any signs of devaluation yet. The rest are a collection of maybe and no/not yet. I agree I shouldn't have said clearly in my first post, but it's hinted that we'll know more about her backstory (which seems pretty dark) in future episodes so we can rule more options out or not.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Yeah. The first point is shown on her not wanting to have cloes ties to anyone. She doesn't want anyone to get close to her so they won't abandon her. Point three is the abuse of sustances AND unsafe sex. Everyone does it in this game, but it still applies to her. Point two is true, she's idealised the MC, but she hasn't shown any signs of devaluation yet. The rest are a collection of maybe and no/not yet. I agree I shouldn't have said clearly in my first post, but it's hinted that we'll know more about her backstory (which seems pretty dark) in future episodes so we can rule more options out or not.
A couple of those points can perhaps be interpreted differently. As I interpreted the unsafe sex criteria solely on the basis of her being on the pill. But your point still resonated as the pill won't protect against STDs. So I can concede to that one as well.

Either way, Quinn's acts are calculated and intentional.
Knowing this, sort of invalidates the majority of those points.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
A couple of those points can perhaps be interpreted differently. As I interpreted the unsafe sex criteria solely on the basis of her being on the pill. But your point still resonated as the pill won't protect against STDs. So I can concede to that one as well.

Either way, Quinn's acts are calculated and intentional.
Knowing this, sort of invalidates the majority of those points.
I'm considering a lot of her actions about the restaurant as impulsive because they are reckless. Also the whole cumpetition, tasing the MC and fucking him later on. But maybe they are calculated and she's just bad at math?

Does that mean I should pencil you in for a session or ten?
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

***EDIT***
But seriously, it doesn't take a genius to figure out Quinn doesn't suffer from Bipolar Disorder.
I meant Borderline, not Bipolar. She's Bisexual, not Bipolar :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

xtrema

Oct 24, 2022
Alright, I hope this should be a more easily digestible version of the "Mansion Restoration Minigame"-guide I posted before.

It is neither the optimal nor by any means the only way to finish the restoration, but it is a way to get the job done in 7 of the 9 available turns, for people that don't feel like calculating it themselves or worrying about potentially spending the XP "incorrectly".
You'll be able to keep the VIP pass and still finish restoring all rooms and buy the windows at the very end of episode 7. In Episode 8 you can simply use any additional turns to send everyone to work and collect as much extra cash as possible, but since it is random which jobs are offered to you, that will not be part of this guide. Just try and get as many people as possible into $$$ jobs (or $$$$ jobs if you happen to see any and someone happens to have the right stats for them).

Many thanks to ename144 and Hurensohn Heigl for also being interested in the math and possibilities for optimization for this minigame and the food for thought and constructive criticism they gave as well as their more in-depth methods of calculating what to ideally do each turn.
In case you are interested, here are links to both Hurensohn Heigls initial analysis and his follow-up/final evaluation as well ename144s tracker. Both of their sheets would be vastly superior to my guide if you don't want to just follow a random persons steps but actually calculate all the turns and make your own choices ahead of time.
Also thanks to any and all users that pointed out errors and/or typos in the previous version of the sheet.
you guyz are the best

Reactions: ename144
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes