Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I mean, to be fair, if you are at University and have had multiple partners. You should get tested for an STD. Fortunately many campuses do it on site given Students screw like rabbits. Just pray it never comes back positive otherwise they might have to shove a tiny umbrella like device down your Urethra to scrap out all the bad stuff. It is not a nice sensation - at all. However, what I advise not doing is flashing the person assigned to your STD testing. I mean, you can. But you might end up on some sort of register outside of your seminar attendance sheets.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I mean, to be fair, if you are at University and have had multiple partners. You should get tested for an STD. Fortunately many campuses do it on site given Students screw like rabbits. Just pray it never comes back positive otherwise they might have to shove a tiny umbrella like device down your Urethra to scrap out all the bad stuff. It is not a nice sensation - at all. However, what I advise not doing is flashing the person assigned to your STD testing. I mean, you can. But you might end up on some sort of register outside of your seminar attendance sheets.
My dorm had a big ass sign saying don't catch them all it made it sound fun

• Haha
Reactions: Orgitas

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
My dorm had a big ass sign saying don't catch them all it made it sound fun
I was a "Student Warden" which, essentially, meant I helped the freshman out. Had to sit them all down and give them the "talk" or so to speak. Fire safety, what to do if some one collapses or is stupidly drunk. Make sure they knew where everything was and many other things. Most of the time they would come to me with "Itchy parts" and I had to point them the way. I didn't mind, really, as one of the perks was that I didn't have to pay student accommodation fees and my room was twice as large as the regular dorm rooms.

The most odd thing I saw was some one trying to cook a can of baked beans in the microwave (whilst still in the can). It wasn't like he was stupid or anything. The guy was working toward doing some form of theoretical physics degree. The mind boggles.

Reactions: Leonin and Darkwen

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I was a "Student Warden" which, essentially, meant I helped the freshman out. Had to sit them all down and give them the "talk" or so to speak. Fire safety, what to do if some one collapses or is stupidly drunk. Make sure they knew where everything was and many other things. Most of the time they would come to me with "Itchy parts" and I had to point them the way. I didn't mind, really, as one of the perks was that I didn't have to pay student accommodation fees and my room was twice as large as the regular dorm rooms.

The most odd thing I saw was some one trying to cook a can of baked beans in the microwave (whilst still in the can). It wasn't like he was stupid or anything. The guy was working toward doing some form of theoretical physics degree. The mind boggles.
We had a Dawe that thought he needed to microwave ramen noodles with no water at 3AM

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
Being a dik takes long time for update but the episode which they release are the goat
In my opinion I think this is a mistake, the chapters are getting longer and longer and in the end there will be a delay of 1 year between updates, it is true that the subroutes force to create many argumentative branches that force the need to increase the complexity of the development but you can always simply make shorter chapters, they don't have to last the same, if there are so many subroutes, the replayability itself will give you that extra time that a single game doesn't give you.

Reactions: hawk784563

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
In my opinion I think this is a mistake, the chapters are getting longer and longer and in the end there will be a delay of 1 year between updates, it is true that the subroutes force to create many argumentative branches that force the need to increase the complexity of the development but you can always simply make shorter chapters, they don't have to last the same, if there are so many subroutes, the replayability itself will give you that extra time that a single game doesn't give you.
In essence, I don't disagree with your sentiment. But you also have to consider that many don't even bother playing other routes than their preferred LI. That would make the story rather short for many. Thankfully I'm not such a person. I have explored almost all of the alternatives. Some choices I still haven't made because I did a piss poor job at labeling my saves LOL. Which made exploring options a tad confusing to put it mildly. LOL

But considering all of the possible content, I really don't mind the extra wait (Speaking for myself of course).
:cool:

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
iirc DPC has said he wants each chapter to be "more advanced" than the one before it. His personal mission to be the best AVN creator there is. Despite the ego behind his statements it is hard to deny that he likely is the best. But, alas, it means long wait times due to the complexity of the coding and the sheer gargantuan amount of renders.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
iirc DPC has said he wants each chapter to be "more advanced" than the one before it. His personal mission to be the best AVN creator there is. Despite the ego behind his statements it is hard to deny that he likely is the best. But, alas, it means long wait times due to the complexity of the coding and the sheer gargantuan amount of renders.
On the technicality of creating a VN, I can't fault your statement. I would easily place him in the top tiers of the creators. But let's be honest though, story-wise there are a few other AWESOME story tellers out there that can give DPC a serious run for his money as far as immersive and 'chilling' stories. But this is all very personally subjective for each reader/player. Without naming specific titles that would be considered "off-topic" but there's "ilsproductions" that merits a serious look into, just to name 1 example. His stories aren't as complex as what DPC is delivering for us, that's for certain. But good stories don't necessarily have to revolve around complexity either.

Story planning for BaDIK must be a complete nightmare. And this shows DPC's dedication, this much cannot be disputed.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
How many tests and remedies did you need?

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
On the technicality of creating a VN, I can't fault your statement. I would easily place him in the top tiers of the creators. But let's be honest though, story-wise there are a few other AWESOME story tellers out there that can give DPC a serious run for his money as far as immersive and 'chilling' stories. But this is all very personally subjective for each reader/player. Without naming specific titles that would be considered "off-topic" but there's "ilsproductions" that merits a serious look into, just to name 1 example. His stories aren't as complex as what DPC is delivering for us, that's for certain. But good stories don't necessarily have to revolve around complexity either.

Story planning for BaDIK must be a complete nightmare. And this shows DPC's dedication, this much cannot be disputed.

To look at things objectively (Though I guess it is actually subjective on my part) there are the three criteria to judge an AVN on - Renders (Animations inc.), Coding, Writing. If a AVN dev can tick those three adequately then they really are going places. Many tend to lean toward one of the three whilst being simplistic in the other two. My observations anyway. DPC ticks all three boxes nicely. Granted his writing isn't god tier. But neither is it low grade. Passable to good in my books. Better writers out there, for sure. Naturally not saying that if a Dev doesn't try as hard as DPC that they aren't worth it - Many are. SG and CoBD, for example, are decent games (though the writing in SG really does pain me real bad quite a lot due to the lack of continuity in personalities of the MC and Bella.).

But, you know, I am not any sort of authority on these matters. Just how I, typically, compartmentalize it all.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
How many tests and remedies did you need?
I got monthly tests as default (sometimes had more) because we had shared bathrooms in the dorm. Not en suite. At the time I was terrified I might catch something aha. Fortunately I never did. But I know quite a few people who played pokemon with stds.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

I fucking love Now&Then, not gonna lie

• Red Heart
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
New to the site, any game suggestions I could play whilst waiting for Being A Dik?
Well, Acting Lessons is DPC's first game. City of Broken Dreamers by phillygames if you want a sci fi detective tinged story, or his older Depraved Awakenings which is more of a detective game. Become a Rockstar or Melody if you aren't a musician so you aren't annoyed by their awful understanding of how the music business works (they are good games, but my professional side was distracted). If you like a bit of incest and good writing, but don't mind sometimes questionable renders, Mid-Life Crisis. Lust Epidemic, Treasures of Nadia, and The Genesis Order if you want something with a different format.

Letum0317

Apr 28, 2023
Cut him some slack. We can notice it out immediatly because we barely interact with his world and by Chekhov's gun all interactions we have we know they matter. But would you notice the similarities between pictures you barely seen (and the background, you probably only notice the people in it) weeks apart of each other?
He hangs bolth photos on his wall above his desk, seems unlike not to make the connection:unsure:.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes