Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
It's not the other way around, since Timestamps was released before Being A DIK ?

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
It's not the other way around, since Timestamps was released before Being A DIK ?
I'll be honest, I don't want to hurt the feelings of fans of other games, but I think that BaDIK is simply impossible to compare with any other AVN-style game. It's not about the quality of graphics, it's hard to surprise anyone with that now, but about the quality of literary content.

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
I'll be honest, I don't want to hurt the feelings of fans of other games, but I think that BaDIK is simply impossible to compare with any other AVN-style game. It's not about the quality of graphics, it's hard to surprise anyone with that now, but about the quality of literary content.
I totally agree with you, I actually thought that Timestamps would be the only one to convey emotions to me, being my first adult game... then I played Being A DIK... and there it was a revelation... I've become such a fan of this game that I often listen to its soundtrack.

By the way, my wallpaper is also taken from the game, as follows:

being_a_dik___quinn_zoey_by_saitohajime666_dfqg710-fullview.jpg

Quinn in all her beauty... :love:

(Well, Zoey yisn't either...)

YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
Something that I and others have mentioned before reoccured to me when I recently saw identical, or very similar character models in other games:

Total Westworld moment, the models used for these characters look like soulless sex dolls. One thing DPC really excels at (besides given the models a character through writing) is his positioning. He really has an eye for tiny changes in human facial expressions, and his understanding of light makes the models eyes “come alive”. I’d say that this is one of the central aspects behind what’s made his characters more compelling for me vs other vns. He bothers with a lot of different renders for the same small moments/ scenes.

I don’t really have anything insightful to add to this, was just fangirling a bit after browsing through some other 3d vn titles.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Something that I and others have mentioned before reoccured to me when I recently saw identical, or very similar character models in other games:

Total Westworld moment, the models used for these characters look like soulless sex dolls. One thing DPC really excels at (besides given the models a character through writing) is his positioning. He really has an eye for tiny changes in human facial expressions, and his understanding of light makes the models eyes “come alive”. I’d say that this is one of the central aspects behind what’s made his characters more compelling for me vs other vns. He bothers with a lot of different renders for the same small moments/ scenes.

I don’t really have anything insightful to add to this, was just fangirling a bit after browsing through some other 3d vn titles.
I totally agree with you. DPC models perform their roles better than many actors.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Don't worry KARAMBA I don't mind hurting their feelings.
most other games are absolute dog shit when compared to this

• Haha
Reactions: KАRАMBA and Envy*

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023

What many Devs do is pose their character physically then facially. So they end up looking like a soulless statue. What some of the Devs add to this is smaller facial tweaks. Like a near unnoticeable smile. Slightly raised eyebrow. A flare of the nostril by a degree. Generally tweaking the face muscles and making use of of the crease lines most of us have. It is the tiny details you don't notice when they are there but make a person look weird when they aren't. Lighting can also make or break a scene too. A decently lit scene really can hone in an object, amplify it and make it pop.

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
DPC, Oceanlab, digi B., Monkeyz, Caribdis, Naughty Fox and others... among the greatest.

I mean, a game like Summer's Gone for example, it's impossible not to feel emotions and thrills while playing, and that's what you're looking for in a VN.

That'll be all for me, it's time to rise.... :coffee:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes