HumperDoo

Apr 18, 2020

This week I started playing the episode and felt inspired to polish every scene along the way - to the extent that it became my main focus all week. I ended up doing lots of work that I had postponed for later, but the end result of many scenes is starting to show.
I worked on SFX/Music. Many sound effects were missing but have now been added. New songs and a healthy mix of re-used songs have been used.
I both trimmed and fleshed out the writing in different parts of the episode.
I ensured that the non-minigame route flows well in the parts where there usually are mini-games and got the optional needed code.
The non-minigame route can be tricky since a mini-game can add context to the story, and cutting it completely would feel lackluster for those who play without them. Making an alternative feature for this route, for example, the choice-based party planning in episode 9 and forward, is sometimes needed. But there's always this careful deliberation if it's acceptable to add something since the main purpose of the non-minigame route is that it should be focused on the story with few distractions.
Furthermore, I worked on a couple of clucks. One was demanding due to branching content and plenty of NPC interaction.
While polishing some phone content code, I decided to add something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time that I know many of you want. From start to finish, it took me roughly 8 hours to complete, which is way less than I had expected. And I think this preview of the feature can speak for itself.

Note that the Gallery is another new feature of Episode 10 and that it's not the Special Renders in the Rewards app you can use this way, but any image put in this new gallery. It will make sense when you play the game.
I'm trying to get my new PC up and running today. All parts are finally here for one of the upgrades, which will be a priority this weekend.
Whenever I swap PCs, they have to be brought up to a certain standard with software and files - so that they don't throw errors when rendering. This usually takes me 1-2 days to set up if everything goes smoothly. I'm still waiting for parts to build another PC to push things up yet another notch. But I have no news regarding this one yet.
My animation queue has 31 animations in it, and I will push on working with a mix of everything next week.
I played some episode 10 scenes for the first time this week, and they turned out so good that I can't wait to show you and see your reactions. Overall, I'm very pleased with the amount of branching this episode allows.
It's been a long wait, and there is still some time to go, but I am doing my best to make the wait worthwhile.
Have a nice weekend.
Dr PinkCake
with all do respect DPC who the hell cares about the phone music and backgrounds for the phone just give us story and cheeks to beat and more cheeks to beat and the MC a job so he can beat more cheeks, thank you.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I like to play with phone in the game, but I don't understand the need for this feature, I don't see the need at all. It can be used by 10% of players, no more. I changed the wallpaper and those 2D art from Jacob was enough. Ofc, 8 hours to write the code for this app is not much, but the fact- this guy is obsessed with mini-games.
It would be better if DPC made a stripping Gwent with girls, then I would even subscribe to Patreon. :D

MC and Sage's first real date
Sage: WTF, Fuckface? Why are you late, I sit in this restaurant like a fool and look at the menu for an hour.
MC: Sorry Sage. I installed and explored a new wallpaper app on my phone. It is very important.
Bella: "MC, I have something very important to tell you, we've been facing this problem for a long time but until today I didn't feel like it. you see, my husband... MC! hey!!! are you listening to me??"

MC: " excuse me a moment, I couldn't get that picture of you where you can see your... your eyes very well as a wallpaper. what were you saying?"

Bella: "nothing important, you wanna make some pancakes?"

Everyone making fun of the wallpaper idea and DPC saying everyone wanted it is exactly what DPC wanted, it's distracting everyone from the first line where he basically stated he made no actual progress on the game this week:

Yes he says that it'll save time later, but it's much more likely that even these polished scenes will receive their usual repolish before release.
when September, 9 months later, becomes the optimistic estimate what is there to hide? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
with all do respect DPC who the hell cares about the phone music and backgrounds for the phone just give us story and cheeks to beat and more cheeks to beat and the MC a job so he can beat more cheeks, thank you.
I would assume DPC cares. He has famously said he will make the game he wants. So, I assume, that means phone stuff too.

• Sad
Reactions: HumperDoo

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Well, except he later went on to say he did a lot of work polishing scenes.
But he polishes everything before release after completing all animations and renders. You're delusional if you think that because he's spent all this week polishing scenes (therefore not setting up new renders - despite him not mentioning a render queue only an animation queue) he won't polish them again when he polishes all the scenes at the end of development.

Reactions: dalli_x
Dec 5, 2018
I care bro, everytime i open the phone i spend at least 10 minutes taking a good look at my Jill and Bella wallpaper, every SINGLE TIME! :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: HumperDoo

Jamez999

Jun 30, 2021
So I have a theory to spend the week on !

What if Dalli is actually Dalli Pink Cake ? The way he finds all the hints and theories, it's like he created all the renders... interesting

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

This week I started playing the episode and felt inspired to polish every scene along the way - to the extent that it became my main focus all week. I ended up doing lots of work that I had postponed for later, but the end result of many scenes is starting to show.
I worked on SFX/Music. Many sound effects were missing but have now been added. New songs and a healthy mix of re-used songs have been used.
I both trimmed and fleshed out the writing in different parts of the episode.
I ensured that the non-minigame route flows well in the parts where there usually are mini-games and got the optional needed code.
The non-minigame route can be tricky since a mini-game can add context to the story, and cutting it completely would feel lackluster for those who play without them. Making an alternative feature for this route, for example, the choice-based party planning in episode 9 and forward, is sometimes needed. But there's always this careful deliberation if it's acceptable to add something since the main purpose of the non-minigame route is that it should be focused on the story with few distractions.
Furthermore, I worked on a couple of clucks. One was demanding due to branching content and plenty of NPC interaction.
While polishing some phone content code, I decided to add something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time that I know many of you want. From start to finish, it took me roughly 8 hours to complete, which is way less than I had expected. And I think this preview of the feature can speak for itself.

Note that the Gallery is another new feature of Episode 10 and that it's not the Special Renders in the Rewards app you can use this way, but any image put in this new gallery. It will make sense when you play the game.
I'm trying to get my new PC up and running today. All parts are finally here for one of the upgrades, which will be a priority this weekend.
Whenever I swap PCs, they have to be brought up to a certain standard with software and files - so that they don't throw errors when rendering. This usually takes me 1-2 days to set up if everything goes smoothly. I'm still waiting for parts to build another PC to push things up yet another notch. But I have no news regarding this one yet.
My animation queue has 31 animations in it, and I will push on working with a mix of everything next week.
I played some episode 10 scenes for the first time this week, and they turned out so good that I can't wait to show you and see your reactions. Overall, I'm very pleased with the amount of branching this episode allows.
It's been a long wait, and there is still some time to go, but I am doing my best to make the wait worthwhile.
Have a nice weekend.
Dr PinkCake
and some simps saying he is not Milking this game:ROFLMAO:.
I really wonder who are those " many " who asked for such a useless feature. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
and some simps saying he is not Milking this game:ROFLMAO:.
I really wonder who are those " many " who asked for such a useless feature. :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Nah if he were milking the game he would go back and re-render all the other stuff and change the story like a certain other Dev does, then start a second game that links into the first so doubling the dev time entire.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Nah if he were milking the game he would go back and re-render all the other stuff and change the story like a certain other Dev does, then start a second game that links into the first so doubling the dev time entire.
Yeah, now that he has better hardware, may be he will do it, after season 3, he delay the final season, to re-render the first season.:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Reactions: BorgiaBou

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
MC and Sage's first real date
Sage: WTF, Fuckface? Why are you late, I sit in this restaurant like a fool and look at the menu for an hour.
MC: Sorry Sage. I installed and explored a new wallpaper app on my phone. It is very important.
I actually love stuff on phone, like Brawler is the best. I would understand if DPC remade Brawler and Fuckface came late and was like "Sage, I'm sorry but the new season pass for Brawler just dropped and I had to get that Tybalt punching emote"

But custom wallpapers? Like who needs them when you have something like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I actually love stuff on phone, like Brawler is the best. I would understand if DPC remade Brawler and Fuckface came late and was like "Sage, I'm sorry but the new season pass for Brawler just dropped and I had to get that Tybalt punching emote"

But custom wallpapers? Like who needs them when you have something like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
BeingADIK 2023-08-11 17-15-35-15.jpg
:p:LOL:.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes