Jamez999

Jun 30, 2021
The threesome with Sage and Quinn isn't a cooperative loving affair like with M&J. It's a competition for MC's attention and affection, at least as far as Quinn is concerned. On most paths Quinn won't do the threesome, but the Quinn who is interested in MC (after he helps her when she's beaten up) will.

There are more subtle clues when Quinn is interested in MC vs when she's just being her usual bitchy self. A good example of this is when she and Rio stumble across MC and Sage in the back yard of the HOTs house during the party.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's a very good point.
We can even notice a little difference in her face.
In the first example (when she doesn't care about MC)
screenshot0026.png
In the second one (when she's falling for him)
screenshot0024.png
That's a little detail that makes Quinn even more special

Bloker997

Aug 20, 2022
Am I crazy or did we use to get two updates a year in the past?
we did, but when you count how many renders/animations were in each episode, they're getting bigget and bigger. For ep.10 there will be more than 5k renders, there is no other game that have that big updates.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
we did, but when you count how many renders/animations were in each episode, they're getting bigget and bigger. For ep.10 there will be more than 5k renders, there is no other game that have that big updates.
It is certainly not a case of the "Female Agent" developer who seems to breed for months over a few lines of text. DPC DOES a lot of work.

5112 renders and 265 animations is A LOT (and it isn't even finished yet).

The last Eternum update had about ~1/4 the amount of renders (1300) and 1/5 the amount of animations (50) and that one took about 5 months to make. Maybe splitting what DPC thinks should be in one update into two would make more sense at this point.

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
I really like this game but damn the wait for each update gets longer and longer :(.
DPC desperately needs to hire some help but just wont do it.
The free roam events seem pointless considering how long it takes to do them and without help.

Its going to be a looong time before the game gets finished.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022

1692360452845.png

Grab a cup of something and take a break. A large chunk of text without a tldr incoming.

First off... Boom! The 5000 render milestone was reached this week. Now episode 10 has more renders than episode 9 - the previously biggest episode in the game. And because I reached this milestone, I had to try and estimate how much is left in terms of development.

I have been working on art and coding all week. I started by completing two smaller scenes and one free-roam event. The better part of the week was spent on creating the last free-roam event of the episode. Since it's a new environment, there was environmental design to carry out first, and also preparation of the characters for it.

The dialogue for this free-roam event was written months ago, so it's a matter of creating the art and coding the events and buttons. It's a labor-intensive yet easy free-roam event to create, so I should be able to maintain a good speed without any speed bumps.

After the recent weeks of playing and polishing the game, my flowchart has been updated, and the following checklist is what the current state is like.

As I develop these episodes, I always ask you to take numbers with a grain of salt because the scene/render/animation count will change until the last few weeks of development. This is why it's always hard for me to give accurate estimates.

As you will notice below, the scene count is larger than I reported earlier because of the addition of some scenes that were needed to make some branches feel whole.

Checklist Episode 10
This is the current checklist of what's left to do before beta testing can begin.

Scenes
Three lewd scenes - One is written. Neither scene has any art.

Three free-roam events - One is almost complete, another has a few scenes left, and I'm ~70% through the last one. All writing is done. All need a different degree of testing and additional phone content.

Three normal scenes - One is written, one has partial writing, and one is planned. Neither scene has any art.

Art
Based on the scenes above, I estimate I must pose an additional ~600 static renders and 70-100 animations.

Current static render count: 4892 produced. 220 posed renders in the render queue. 5112 renders total.

Current animation count: 237 produced. 28 posed animations in the render queue. 265 animations total.

Code
Pack Quest - In the planning phase.

Vault - Ensure that numbers are placed and work as intended.

Rewards/2D art - 70% completed. The rest will be placed in free-roam events, story scenes, and the Vault. Testing and possibly correction of code are needed.

Gallery - The lewd gallery has been coded but can't be tested until all lewd scenes have been made. Some art remains for miniature images.

Phone content - There's some work left with the Rooster and Chat apps. Also, the new phone gallery will get additional planned content. The music app needs updated code to include new songs.

Bios - I always leave bios for the last part of the development.

Episode end screen and report - In the planning phase.

Credits - I haven't added new patrons to the credit section yet.

Sound
SFX work has been done as I play-tested parts of the episode; I estimate it's ~80-90% done.

For music, it's the same as with SFX. Most of the scenes that are complete have songs in place. 25 new songs have been added so far.

Testing
I haven't played the episode from start to finish yet because of gaps in the episode and missing content near the end.

My personal tests and polishing remain. How long they take usually depends on how much I have played the episode during development and whether new features are involved.

Episode 10 is packed with new things for the game, meaning testing might take some extra time to ensure high quality.

My thoughts on the checklist.
The animations will be the most demanding part, but cannot be skipped or trimmed as the scenes are essential for the episode.

The static render estimation can change in either direction but is likely lower than stated.

The code tasks are all fast tasks to complete. I estimate that I could get all of them done within 1-2 days of work, but they depend on the art content I need to produce first.

The remaining work on SFX and Music won't take too long, 1-2 days here as well.

Testing is another demanding part. I have lots of new features to test this time around. And we are talking about the five main branches on top of some very ambitious branching within them.

As always, there will be waiting time for animations near the end of the development, and this is when I plan to perform my personal tests and polishing.

Hopefully, I have covered all aspects of the checklist, but I may have missed something minor - all big tasks are accounted for.

My plan going forward.
I plan to work with art until I need to write the last scenes. Animations will be posed intermittently.

I plan to be done with my testing as the final animation frames are produced, thus minimizing the time between the PCs being idle and the start of beta testing/proofreading. As usual, at least two weeks will be allotted for private beta testing and proofreading before the episode can be released on Patreon.

Next up for me is to continue with art on the free-roam I'm working on and hopefully be able to move on to other scenes later next week.

Have a nice weekend, and thanks for reading

Dr PinkCake
Okay guys I'll see you in December then.

f07.png

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
DPC's drive to one-up himself with each subsequent update isn't sustainable for development. There's just a limit to what one person can do. Most fans won't hang around until the 2030s to see this game to completion if the time between updates keeps growing. At the very least, he should definitely limit the number of some of the ground-breaking animations he loves making.

View attachment wSEtvpl.mp4

Ekzou

Feb 28, 2023
Ce jeu a une âme, c'est la qualité des grands jeux comme la saga Mass-Effect ou Witcher (par exemple...). Les temps de développements sont longs, certes, mais ce sont des jeux qu'on fait et refait pendant longtemps et toujours avec autant de plaisir. On voit que le développeur prend soin de son jeu a travers l'écriture et les rendus/animations, Patience!
Bon week-end à tous.

>>> Désolé pour mon Anglais - traduit par Google Trad.

This game has a soul, it is the quality of great games like the Mass-Effect or Witcher saga (for example...). Development times are long, of course, but these are games that we make and redo for a long time and always with as much pleasure.
We see that the developer takes care of his game through writing and renderings / animations, Patience!
Good weekend to all.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
I like how he is trying to reel himself back for 3 episodes, yet they still keep increasing in size
I think he gave up on that. Apart from the fact that the wait times between episodes will be longer, I personally don't mind, as it means that the story will continue to be rich and varied, honoring players choice. With all the branching, keeping episodes smaller means that DPC would have to ignore players' choices, implement branching at only a very superficial level, or make it so that each branch becomes smaller and smaller with each episode. Players would ultimately become frustrated and disappointed with the game overall, then. Frustration over wait times is preferrable, I would think. Certainly I wouldn't mind if DPC dropped the pack quests, the 2D art, and the like, but I love it that the episodes are big and meaty. With more branching there's more replayability, too, which is a plus, considering how few other titles are worth even one playthrough.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I like how he is trying to reel himself back for 3 episodes, yet they still keep increasing in size
I think he gave up on that. Apart from the fact that the wait times between episodes will be longer, I personally don't mind, as it means that the story will continue to be rich and varied, honoring players choice. With all the branching, keeping episodes smaller means that DPC would have to ignore players' choices, implement branching at only a very superficial level, or make it so that each branch becomes smaller and smaller with each episode. Players would ultimately become frustrated and disappointed with the game overall, then. Frustration over wait times is preferrable, I would think. Certainly I wouldn't mind if DPC dropped the pack quests, the 2D art, and the like, but I love it that the episodes are big and meaty. With more branching there's more replayability, too, which is a plus, considering how few other titles are worth even one playthrough.
I think now few people would be outraged if DPC didn't give players false hopes that "episodes will be smaller." He should honestly say that with all this branching and non-linear structure, it is impossible to make them smaller without cutting out a significant part of the plot. Instead, DPC kept feeding the audience with blue pills and now we have what we have.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
"Testing is another demanding part. I have lots of new features to test this time around. And we are talking about the five main branches on top of some very ambitious branching within them."

This is very interesting. Within the 5 branches there will be further branching in EP10. I think so that it's not only about the LIs, but also about their families. I don't just mean so that we can find out who the family members are, but what the family relationships are like. (Helen and Patrick will be divorced and each have new partners.)

Actually, I even think so that we played various family members up to and including EP9 and the branching within the 5 branches in EP10 is created.

Probably the "OTHERS" branch isn't really there yet, in relation to the families, because the MC has yet to make a proper decision within this branch.

But I guess so one thing is for sure. We will get bigger and bigger differences, so there will be more misunderstandings in the thread from EP10.
I think he's hinting here at the mechanics of cheating and how it will affect gameplay. About being able to dump your girlfriend and start dating someone else.
But it's primarily about Josy and Maya. In the second case, the Others branch, which has many potential relationship branches with Riona, Lily, Quinn, Nicole, Zoey. And of course Zoey will be on all the branches.

DPC's drive to one-up himself with each subsequent update isn't sustainable for development. There's just a limit to what one person can do. Most fans won't hang around until the 2030s to see this game to completion if the time between updates keeps growing. At the very least, he should definitely limit the number of some of the ground-breaking animations he loves making.

View attachment 2878105
It's a really complex animation because DAZ doesn't have a normal fluid simulation. I have no idea how he did it. He probably animated the splashes separately and then edited them into AE. But overall I agree. There is no point in creating in DAZ any animations more complicated than sex because DAZ is not capable of that.

Reactions: iowaboy1844

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
It's a really complex animation because DAZ doesn't have a normal fluid simulation. I have no idea how he did it. He probably animated the splashes separately and then edited them into AE. But overall I agree. There is no point in creating in DAZ any animations more complicated than sex because DAZ is not capable of that.
About Blender, how easy is it to port all daz kits to Blender? I've heard that Blender is much better for serious animations and faster, but would it be easy to port the entire huge library that BaDIK is?

As far as I know, Oceanlab and digi.B are gradually moving to Blender.

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
First progress report of ep 10

Last progress report of ep 10

Oh, the duality of men! At least we can stop pretend DPC is good in planning and accept that whole "i have all the story map out" is straight up bullshit.
EDIT: Also, perceive how he not even mention/remember his initial "plan" of make ep 10 smaller. Probably because it'll be the same of admit he failed in something and God forbid the great DPC admit he failed in something
I don't think people here realise how game development or any other development in creative media works if you strive for something of high quality.

Miscalculating the initial plan for an episode does not mean he can't have his story mapped out. If you look at EP from 1 to 9, you can see how some of the pieces fall into place and create fully developed arcs. He is either amazing at working on the fly or he has a story mapped out (without details).

That's how creative work is done. I once planned my next video edit as a 30s montage that would push my abilities to the test. It did, but during creating it, I had so many ideas that it turned into something better but also bigger. And it ended up being 1 min and 10 seconds long. It also took me a few months more than I planned (and I'm sure I'm worse at it than DPC).

I want to underline that I understand the frustration if you, or anyone here, is paying DPC and supporting him monthly. I just wanted to point out that in the world of art, especially video game development, it is never that simple. It's just hard to explain it to gamers because they sometimes, rightly or wrongly, feel entitled. It just kinda looks like a really toxic relationship, not even speaking of the legit DPC flaws.

always86

Mar 19, 2020

1692360452845.png

Grab a cup of something and take a break. A large chunk of text without a tldr incoming.

First off... Boom! The 5000 render milestone was reached this week. Now episode 10 has more renders than episode 9 - the previously biggest episode in the game. And because I reached this milestone, I had to try and estimate how much is left in terms of development.

I have been working on art and coding all week. I started by completing two smaller scenes and one free-roam event. The better part of the week was spent on creating the last free-roam event of the episode. Since it's a new environment, there was environmental design to carry out first, and also preparation of the characters for it.

The dialogue for this free-roam event was written months ago, so it's a matter of creating the art and coding the events and buttons. It's a labor-intensive yet easy free-roam event to create, so I should be able to maintain a good speed without any speed bumps.

After the recent weeks of playing and polishing the game, my flowchart has been updated, and the following checklist is what the current state is like.

As I develop these episodes, I always ask you to take numbers with a grain of salt because the scene/render/animation count will change until the last few weeks of development. This is why it's always hard for me to give accurate estimates.

As you will notice below, the scene count is larger than I reported earlier because of the addition of some scenes that were needed to make some branches feel whole.

Checklist Episode 10
This is the current checklist of what's left to do before beta testing can begin.

Scenes
Three lewd scenes - One is written. Neither scene has any art.

Three free-roam events - One is almost complete, another has a few scenes left, and I'm ~70% through the last one. All writing is done. All need a different degree of testing and additional phone content.

Three normal scenes - One is written, one has partial writing, and one is planned. Neither scene has any art.

Art
Based on the scenes above, I estimate I must pose an additional ~600 static renders and 70-100 animations.

Current static render count: 4892 produced. 220 posed renders in the render queue. 5112 renders total.

Current animation count: 237 produced. 28 posed animations in the render queue. 265 animations total.

Code
Pack Quest - In the planning phase.

Vault - Ensure that numbers are placed and work as intended.

Rewards/2D art - 70% completed. The rest will be placed in free-roam events, story scenes, and the Vault. Testing and possibly correction of code are needed.

Gallery - The lewd gallery has been coded but can't be tested until all lewd scenes have been made. Some art remains for miniature images.

Phone content - There's some work left with the Rooster and Chat apps. Also, the new phone gallery will get additional planned content. The music app needs updated code to include new songs.

Bios - I always leave bios for the last part of the development.

Episode end screen and report - In the planning phase.

Credits - I haven't added new patrons to the credit section yet.

Sound
SFX work has been done as I play-tested parts of the episode; I estimate it's ~80-90% done.

For music, it's the same as with SFX. Most of the scenes that are complete have songs in place. 25 new songs have been added so far.

Testing
I haven't played the episode from start to finish yet because of gaps in the episode and missing content near the end.

My personal tests and polishing remain. How long they take usually depends on how much I have played the episode during development and whether new features are involved.

Episode 10 is packed with new things for the game, meaning testing might take some extra time to ensure high quality.

My thoughts on the checklist.
The animations will be the most demanding part, but cannot be skipped or trimmed as the scenes are essential for the episode.

The static render estimation can change in either direction but is likely lower than stated.

The code tasks are all fast tasks to complete. I estimate that I could get all of them done within 1-2 days of work, but they depend on the art content I need to produce first.

The remaining work on SFX and Music won't take too long, 1-2 days here as well.

Testing is another demanding part. I have lots of new features to test this time around. And we are talking about the five main branches on top of some very ambitious branching within them.

As always, there will be waiting time for animations near the end of the development, and this is when I plan to perform my personal tests and polishing.

Hopefully, I have covered all aspects of the checklist, but I may have missed something minor - all big tasks are accounted for.

My plan going forward.
I plan to work with art until I need to write the last scenes. Animations will be posed intermittently.

I plan to be done with my testing as the final animation frames are produced, thus minimizing the time between the PCs being idle and the start of beta testing/proofreading. As usual, at least two weeks will be allotted for private beta testing and proofreading before the episode can be released on Patreon.

Next up for me is to continue with art on the free-roam I'm working on and hopefully be able to move on to other scenes later next week.

Have a nice weekend, and thanks for reading

Dr PinkCake
Well, this is a bad sign.

Between 98 and 128 animations to render? at his current average for the epsode (6.6 a week) that will take between 14.9 and 19.5 weeks. 19 Weeks would take it through to a January(!) release. 6th October was the same release cycle as 9 including beta testing, 42 weeks. As it stands he would need to average 24.5 and 32 animations rendered a week to allow two weeks of beta testing for an October 6th release. His best confirmed performance in this production cycle has been 9 average per week. (could have done more but he's only been announcing posed not rendered numbers).

Yes the 4090's could speed this up and the remaining animations could be short ones, that could mean October is possible. TBH I feel like we've now slipped from worst case scenario date of early October to a very possible November release and December isn't really that unlikly.

I'm not one of the people who thinks he's milking. I do think he is prioritising the wrong things, mainly massive SFW animations that don't add enough to justify themselves.

Anyway here is the progess for still renders.

1692985443676.png

And here is animations

1692985480419.png

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
About Blender, how easy is it to port all daz kits to Blender? I've heard that Blender is much better for serious animations and faster, but would it be easy to port the entire huge library that BaDIK is?

As far as I know, Oceanlab and digi.B are gradually moving to Blender.
If he was doing animations in Blender we would have noticed it right away. The rendering engines and lighting principles in Blender and DAZ are different (for example, look at the Mist game made entirely in Blender). Also, in Blender you can really get water/liquid physics, cloth/hair simulation, etc, which is impossible in DAZ. I don't know how porting from DAZ to Blender works now, but the last time I used custom bridge, it still didn't work perfectly, there were performance sags. Blender is not a very powerful program, it works well up to 2-3 million polygons, then it starts to lag. That's why I prefer Maya, which is the standard for producing cartoons and video game animations. But the bridge in Maya works very poorly, you could say it doesn't exist.
I don't see a problem in DAZ, unless you do complex animations there.
Ocean has long promised to move to Blender, but still hasn't. We'll see it right away anyway. The difference will be too noticeable. In any case, to work in Blender you need to know at least the principles of modeling/working with particles/working with geometric nodes. Geometric nodes are a very big topic to study.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes