Dec 9, 2022
Anyone knows if episode 10 is planned to be another long free roam where you find a mojito bottle? or an actual content like prior to ep.9? I couldn't find any recent progress log among the thousands of people people who unsuccessfully argue that Josy is not the best path. Just seeing if I should be on the lookout for release or wait for ep. 11. cheers

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Anyone knows if episode 10 is planned to be another long free roam where you find a mojito bottle? or an actual content like prior to ep.9? I couldn't find any recent progress log among the thousands of people people who unsuccessfully argue that Josy is not the best path. Just seeing if I should be on the lookout for release or wait for ep. 11. cheers
Nobody knows. In the ninth it was a surprise, I doubt there is an immediate encore, but it remains possible

Reactions: Sneaky Heresiarch

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
If I remember well, we'll have a few free roams and 2-3 brand new mini-games, therefore "enjoy". And I bet my ass that no plot mystery will be solved and the story will move forward at snail's pace.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Damn i find it amazing how some of you dont understand the simple math and economy behind this game and dpcs patreon , are you "love-blind" or what but its obvious that he is having huge and stable income and why should he speed things up and finish this game in lets say 2-3 years when he can have 13k times lets say 10 dollars a month for a next 10 years and retire or just sell the rights to someone else and have another huge and stable income .. if i were developer or lets say if i was him i would want to carry on for a long long time .... and ok - he is improving massive but for the last 2 updates , i mean ep9 and for this update he is obviously taking his time and doing some things that really dont add to the game ... some red flags like he dont say numbers in 4/5 status updates , he works alone even if it means to give someone to code some mini game or something routine work and nobody can see with their own eyes how much and how hard he works .... i mean same thing when you working somewhere - if you are payed by hour you dont give yourself the same as you would if you were payed by % of work

The whole milking thing is nonsense. But, I think it would be fair to say he has a financial incentive to follow his muse to it's fullest, but I don't think he is going to add anything just to prolong development. It is an unusual place for an artist to find themselves, but it is a welcome thing to see.

Dec 9, 2022
If I remember well, we'll have a few free roams and 2-3 brand new mini-games, therefore "enjoy". And I bet my ass that no plot mystery will be solved and the story will move forward at snail's pace.
Ah yes. Transitioning from high quality and demanding content into shitty 1990s era-quality games and pointless free roams to save dev effort and milk the game as a life project. Exactly what I would expect from the dev lately. I understand his motivations, but it seems that I underestimated the limit to the possible greed.

Up to something like ep. 7-8, this was a great game. But it's taking such a lazy and obsolete turn. Soon enough it will run just on inertia.

Thanks for the info.

Edit: I'm glad Acting lessons got developed when he was less famous

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
You think DPC is being lazy? Okay, compare the coding in ep 9 to episode 1. That alone proves it isn't lethargy.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
I'm guessing episode 10 will be similar to 7 or 8 with the only difference being that these freeroams will be much bigger. Imagine an 8 episode with three freeroams like a dorm party. We don't really know much about episode 10. To summarize:
1) There will definitely be a Thanksgiving freeroam and it will be outdoors
2) There will be a time skip.
3) There will be final freeroam in a brand new environment. It will either be a freeroam at Neil's house or the rock band concert that Zoey called MC to in ep9.
4) There will be a big focus on branching
5) Canonical scenes that combine scenes with different LI's will probably be few. The game will be more LI-centric.
6) There will be new minigames( updated brawler, chemistry minigame, beer pong).

To summarize, ep10 will probably be the most extensive and content-filled episode. It will have the most renders and animations, and according to DPC the episode will be a big deal even for solo players. This means that branching will essentially become an integral part of the story.

Reactions: Sneaky Heresiarch
Dec 9, 2022
You think DPC is being lazy? Okay, compare the coding in ep 9 to episode 1. That alone proves it isn't lethargy.
Not lazy in terms of demands on the game's progress speed. Lazy in terms of quality and artistic invention. It's easier to code shitty games, branching and create pumpkin renders (all of which can be outsources and I am not sure it isn't), as opposed to progressing plotlines, developing twists and overall advancing the story.

And there's something to be said about excessive branching. The less time you dedicate to unique plots in exchange for adding more free roams, the greater the amount of similarity between runs. Plus if it prevents you from advancing the game, you added too many characters. Simple as that. I have seen a lot of games get stalled for that exact reason. It is exhausting to do all of them for the dev.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I think Bella would like me I am a gentleman who respects women after all.
Quinn simp and now Bella yet you talk about kicking the ass of anyone who would hurt your deer sweet Maya meanwhile she bleeding out from the knife you put in her back :Kappa:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I'm guessing episode 10 will be similar to 7 or 8 with the only difference being that these freeroams will be much bigger. Imagine an 8 episode with three freeroams like a dorm party. We don't really know much about episode 10. To summarize:
1) There will definitely be a Thanksgiving freeroam and it will be outdoors
2) There will be a time skip.
3) There will be final freeroam in a brand new environment. It will either be a freeroam at Neil's house or the rock band concert that Zoey called MC to in ep9.
4) There will be a big focus on branching
5) Canonical scenes that combine scenes with different LI's will probably be few. The game will be more LI-centric.
6) There will be new minigames( updated brawler, chemistry minigame, beer pong).

To summarize, ep10 will probably be the most extensive and content-filled episode. It will have the most renders and animations, and according to DPC the episode will be a big deal even for solo players. This means that branching will essentially become an integral part of the story.
DPC seemed to be talking about one big free roam that would be a Thanksgiving party and a few smaller ones. Judging by his words, I counted 4-5 free roams, which is no different from previous standard episodes, only in Ep. 10 will be a little bigger. Episode 5: Preps party, short after party at Bella's house before bed, in the morning at Bella's house another bigger one. (Total count: 3)
Episode 6: Free roam in the DIKs mansion, in the library, in the DIKs mansion again, MacAllen's bar (total count: 4)
Episode 7: Free roam in your room, in your room again, big HOTs party, at the DIKs mansion (Total count: 4)
Episode 8: Free roam in your room, room again, big Dorm party, DIK mansion (Total count: 4)

As we can see, the number of free roams doesn't change much, but they have become larger due to the growth of the game size in Ep.7. I'm sure that in Ep.10 it will be the same and Ep.9 was an exception, which is suitable as a one-time experiment. The scheme from Ep.7-8 is optimal for me, we get a plot and a party to relax.

Dec 9, 2022
I'm sure that in Ep.10 it will be the same and Ep.9 was an exception, which is suitable as a one-time experiment. The scheme from Ep.7-8 is optimal for me, we get a plot and a party to relax.
Yea that was my question basically. If we're gonna see the typical ep. 7 playthrough which was quite nice and sustainably fast or the disaster of ep. 9, which I hope was a one time mess eventually easy to forget by later plot progress. I guess we'll see

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes