Mar 9, 2019
I am totally ok with big updates that are a cohesive story, I love big updates. But things like these cinematics, I feel like he's going too far with them.
Please no D&G anymore :LOL:

I've been playing since Acting Lessons, but actively following the development since 2022. I've always been easy on the DPC, allowing fairly mild criticism, after all, "his project is his vision." It's just that the latest status report made me swallow some black pills. No, I'm not disappointed in DPC, this game is still a level above anything else in the genre, but the wait time is really getting bigger and bigger and all because of the animations and his immoderate appetite for creativity. This guy needs a balance or we won't see the end of the game until 2030 with this trend.

I hope that I have enough inspiration to hold out until the end. After all, I'm still waiting for HL3.
In the immortal words of my nephew: "I've wasted half my life waiting for Half-Life 3" :KEK:

paulphoenix

Jun 2, 2018
That's what I thought. DPC use the money the MC can steal for consequences.:eek::devilish:

Officer Walkthrought
"The money you find in Jill’s room counts as stolen money and may come into effect later in the game. The money in Tybalt’s room you can take if you want."
does anyone know where is located tybalt's money in episode 2, when derek and mc enters first time the mansion as thief ?

flamingtiki

Mar 8, 2022
Yeah, in your dreams. :rolleyes:

DrPinkCake just wrote that beta testing only will take 2 weeks.

Don't expect anything before november.
what the hell really? I don't follow his posts often I was going off of what people would tell me. That's so depressing. I was literally replaying this week to get ready for his update. Man that ruined my mood

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Quinn simp and now Bella yet you talk about kicking the ass of anyone who would hurt your deer sweet Maya meanwhile she bleeding out from the knife you put in her back :Kappa:
I don't actually like Bella that way
I just meant she would probably like me as a person lol

Don't worry in this game Maya & Josy are the only girls for me

Alfagrem

Aug 23, 2017
what the hell really? I don't follow his posts often I was going off of what people would tell me. That's so depressing. I was literally replaying this week to get ready for his update. Man that ruined my mood
I ran through my Sage and Solo DIK run throughs to get ready.

I also have a Josy+Maya one in case that ever goes solo. I know she's not the brightest student at B&R but as I've 44 points with Josy and 0 with Maya - I figure she might catch on at some point!

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

I also have a Josy+Maya one in case that ever goes solo. I know she's not the brightest student at B&R but as I've 44 points with Josy and 0 with Maya - I figure she might catch on at some point!
Josy is pretty smart even if she was like 14 or 16 in line. A solo path is almost 99% certain of happening

flamingtiki

Mar 8, 2022

nice whose your favorite? Mine is still sage

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
the ninth chapter has the same plot content as the previous chapters (very little), the only difference being that normally we had several freeroams (in the DIKs' mansion, in the HOTs' mansion, in the domitorium, in the Preps...) with plot moments between them, in the ninth the different freeroams, all set at the party, seemed to be a single freeroam and the plot parts became flashbacks recalled during the party

but there we are, very little happened in the ninth chapter as very little happened in the chapters before.

Add to this the fact that the party was a huge "click randomly on all the rooms hoping something will happen", as there was very little correlation between the various tasks to be completed.
The difference between episode 8 and 10 is that in episode 10 there will be full branching. In episode 8 you could go through the whole episode and not notice the branching. The only difference was the final few scenes. The problem is that we don't just have 5 branches now: Maya/Josy, Others, Sage, Jill, Bella, but many more. Each branch is divided into 2-3 branches, not to mention the completely bloated branch of the Others. So freeroam is a logical way to solve the branching problem without creating a lot of scenes. So I'm guessing all three freeroams will be bigger than usual. They certainly won't be as huge as the freeroam in episode 9, but I'm guessing they'll be on par with episode 7. And this was indirectly confirmed by DPC, saying that he needs to create a lot of scenes and renders for the freeroams.
But of course there are doubts about the connectedness of the scenes and their storyboarding. Given how messed up DPC's flowchart is, I expect to see a lot of logical inconsistencies. Something similar was in episode 8, when MC suddenly appeared in scenes and scenes in general ended halfway through (like the concert). In episode 9 too, the ending left a strange aftertaste. It was like the game was cut off halfway through, morning comes and...the credits start. No trademark intrigue and some cheap surprise twist like DPC usually does.

Reactions: dalli_x

JayneDoe2

Nov 21, 2022
The difference between episode 8 and 10 is that in episode 10 there will be full branching. In episode 8 you could go through the whole episode and not notice the branching. The only difference was the final few scenes. The problem is that we don't just have 5 branches now: Maya/Josy, Others, Sage, Jill, Bella, but many more. Each branch is divided into 2-3 branches, not to mention the completely bloated branch of the Others. So freeroam is a logical way to solve the branching problem without creating a lot of scenes. So I'm guessing all three freeroams will be bigger than usual. They certainly won't be as huge as the freeroam in episode 9, but I'm guessing they'll be on par with episode 7. And this was indirectly confirmed by DPC, saying that he needs to create a lot of scenes and renders for the freeroams.
But of course there are doubts about the connectedness of the scenes and their storyboarding. Given how messed up DPC's flowchart is, I expect to see a lot of logical inconsistencies. Something similar was in episode 8, when MC suddenly appeared in scenes and scenes in general ended halfway through (like the concert). In episode 9 too, the ending left a strange aftertaste. It was like the game was cut off halfway through, morning comes and...the credits start. No trademark intrigue and some cheap surprise twist like DPC usually does.
But there was drama:

Rusty getting shocked you banged Jill on Jill branch
Bella&Fuckface relationship noted by Nick (the rat)
Tommy getting dicked and possible mad because his "sister" gets fucked (don't forget that Derek is pissed on that branch as well - during the talk he says sth. like "he is rubbing it in my face again")

The other branch has no drama. Either you sleep on the couch/bed with the 3 girls or wake up somewhere else (Envy/Lily, Mel/Sarah, Quinn). But the other branch is general no drama in ep. 9

And Sage has no drama as well

So we have some drama and I beg for mercy that we hopefully are done with the "cheap surprises" before the credits :D

Reactions: I'm Canadian bub

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
For a fully branched episode we would have had to wait a couple of years, but instead, even though the renders count is steadily increasing, it has remained the same order of magnitude without doubling or tripling.

I don't expect much difference from the last chapters, more or less since the seventh onwards, at the level of scenes. Certainly at run level, after the eighth chapter, the exclusive scenes increase, but not their total number

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes