Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I think it was in episode 8 when she turns up at Neil's and the camera pans up and it reveals her face. I saw the lips and was like "Wow. I love her already.". She's one of the hottest girls in the game. But, you know, won't start a cult or anything. I still have some dignity left, after all!
Oh we haved here a church of the Saint Zoey earlier with several users. Around the beginning of the year.

1725224.jpg
This picture was origignally made by Ached Croissant, biggest Zoey fan (now in exile), we picked it up and made the Church of St. Zoey for the memes and laughter.
34252523.PNG
This joke quickly got out of control and many began to ask to make saints for them and putted them on their profile pictures. We had Saints Sage, Camila, Riona, Quinn and...Tybalt.

3243527.png 5019367.png saint_ty_avy.png

We even have Jill the Jesus that times...
1725224.png

It was a lot of fun and we were just blowing up the place with memes since there wasn't much to discuss after Ep.9, it didn't bring much new to the story. But all the jokes get boring if you repeat them endlessly, and the saints are soon over. And only KARAMBA remains faithful to Divine Quinn. :ROFLMAO:

Regarding your tastes, it's good to see that Zoey is attracting new people to the game, for many people I spoke with she gave a second wind when some people began to get tired about the game.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm really looking forward to seeing how Zoey's story develops
Is she going to try and win back the mc?
Is DPC just using her to create drama with our chosen girl or girls?
Will she become a main girl?

I have so many questions
Hopefully the next episode answers them
But I'm probably being naive

Reactions: chuck69

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Oh we haved here a church of the Saint Zoey earlier with several users. Around the beginning of the year.

View attachment 2932884
This picture was origignally made by Ached Croissant, biggest Zoey fan (now in exile), we picked it up and made the Church of St. Zoey for the memes and laughter.
View attachment 2932888
This joke quickly got out of control and many began to ask to make saints for them and putted them on their profile pictures. We had Saints Sage, Camila, Riona, Quinn and...Tybalt.

View attachment 2932891 View attachment 2932892 View attachment 2932900

We even have Jill the Jesus that times...
View attachment 2932895

It was a lot of fun and we were just blowing up the place with memes since there wasn't much to discuss after Ep.9, it didn't bring much new to the story. But all the jokes get boring if you repeat them endlessly, and the saints are soon over. And only KARAMBA remains faithful to Divine Quinn. :ROFLMAO:

Regarding your tastes, it's good to see that Zoey is attracting new people to the game, for many people I spoke with she gave a second wind when some people began to get tired about the game.

Sorry think I just had a mini stroke for a moment there.

Anyway! Besides her looks she brings another dynamic, really, to the story. Most LIs are "Drama drama drama" where as Z is more.... Normal. That's the feeling I get anyway. She even mentions how "Weird" all your friends are. I think she will be used as a canon "temptation" as the MC still, likely, very much loves her. Having known each other for years he should, honestly, still harbour something for her. Truth be told Zoey is, likely, the best fit for him too. So for a canon story it would likely end up with Zoey vs Chosen LI. Though I do hope Zoey can become a proper LI as well given everything. Yo have Interlude and not induct her to be high on the list, story wise, would just be... odd.

Josus Joestar

Jun 14, 2020
Idk why I feel like the Josy & Maya branch will be separated anytime soon, however, I'm currently at the beginning of Ep.9 so I might as well replay just to see how it turns out.

Edited: I'm not currently playing their branch rn btw.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1426136081

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Sorry think I just had a mini stroke for a moment there.

Anyway! Besides her looks she brings another dynamic, really, to the story. Most LIs are "Drama drama drama" where as Z is more.... Normal. That's the feeling I get anyway. She even mentions how "Weird" all your friends are. I think she will be used as a canon "temptation" as the MC still, likely, very much loves her. Having known each other for years he should, honestly, still harbour something for her. Truth be told Zoey is, likely, the best fit for him too. So for a canon story it would likely end up with Zoey vs Chosen LI. Though I do hope Zoey can become a proper LI as well given everything. Yo have Interlude and not induct her to be high on the list, story wise, would just be... odd.
How strongly I understand such a temptation. Zoey is my type and it would be very difficult for me to resist. Besides, sometimes I want to escape from this madhouse with the main LIs and go to a quiet haven. Return to something native and close. And let the rest of the world burn.:cool:

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
I just hope shit like this is not the reason we will have to wait 10+ months for an update. What do you all think, how long this took ?
that's exacty why it took so long on ep 9, and why it's taking so long on ep 10. all because those damn animations, even worse is they still look too slow despite being very smooth.

DPC's fetish with animations + ever growing branching per episode = OVER A YEAR DEV TIME PER EPISODE.

We won't see the end of this game before 2030, as sad as it may be, unfortunately it all points to it.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I'm really looking forward to seeing how Zoey's story develops
Is she going to try and win back the mc?
Is DPC just using her to create drama with our chosen girl or girls?
Will she become a main girl?

I have so many questions
Hopefully the next episode answers them
But I'm probably being naive
Sounds like someone is thinking about cheating naughty naughty :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

Bubba McSmith

Oct 30, 2020
Somewhere in this never-ending megathread, the DPC abandoning BaDIK topic was brought up again. No one thinks DPC is going to willfully abandon the game; he obviously loves it with a passion. The problem is there is still 6 - 8 years left to go and a lot can change in that time. It reminds me of huniepop 2 getting massively delayed due to the devs' health issues (he didn't elaborate beyond that).

When DPC says he works all day every day on the game, I believe him. The quality and quantity of his work shows that, but that's not a very healthy lifestyle, and it's going to take its toll. It's why I also think he will retire once this is done, or start an indie studio if he still wants to stay in game development.

Let's look at the upcoming schedule.
Episode 10 - Nov 2023
Episode 11 - Sept 2024 (10 months, same as Ep 10)
Episode 12 - Sept 2025 (It's the season finale, he's going to take a year on it)
Oct 2025 - One to two months for the steam/gog release, like season 2 before.
Going forward, the final season will take more time because it's the final season and the final season has to be great, and DPC cannot control himself with scope, and the ever expanding branching. But I'll be generous and say 10 months an episode, but personally I think it will be more.
Episode 13 - Aug 2026
Episode 14 - June 2027
Episode 15 - Apr 2028
Episode 16 - This is the final episode, it's going to be huge. A year and a half easy, so that's Oct 2029. A lot can happen between now and then.

I look forward to each episode release as this is easily the best game in the genre, but I know the life of a programmer and being a solo dev is a tough one. I just want to see this game make it to the end. If it was an indie studio, I wouldn't be worried in the slightest.

With that said, DPC is punching WAY beyond his weight and earning income similar to successful indie studios, maybe even lower end double A depending on how you measure. He's keep sacrificing everything to keep the money flowing. We'll see.

hrhr

May 13, 2019
Somewhere in this never-ending megathread, the DPC abandoning BaDIK topic was brought up again. No one thinks DPC is going to willfully abandon the game; he obviously loves it with a passion. The problem is there is still 6 - 8 years left to go and a lot can change in that time. It reminds me of huniepop 2 getting massively delayed due to the devs' health issues (he didn't elaborate beyond that).

When DPC says he works all day every day on the game, I believe him. The quality and quantity of his work shows that, but that's not a very healthy lifestyle, and it's going to take its toll. It's why I also think he will retire once this is done, or start an indie studio if he still wants to stay in game development.

Let's look at the upcoming schedule.
Episode 10 - Nov 2023
Episode 11 - Sept 2024 (10 months, same as Ep 10)
Episode 12 - Sept 2025 (It's the season finale, he's going to take a year on it)
Oct 2025 - One to two months for the steam/gog release, like season 2 before.
Going forward, the final season will take more time because it's the final season and the final season has to be great, and DPC cannot control himself with scope, and the ever expanding branching. But I'll be generous and say 10 months an episode, but personally I think it will be more.
Episode 13 - Aug 2026
Episode 14 - June 2027
Episode 15 - Apr 2028
Episode 16 - This is the final episode, it's going to be huge. A year and a half easy, so that's Oct 2029. A lot can happen between now and then.

I look forward to each episode release as this is easily the best game in the genre, but I know the life of a programmer and being a solo dev is a tough one. I just want to see this game make it to the end. If it was an indie studio, I wouldn't be worried in the slightest.

With that said, DPC is punching WAY beyond his weight and earning income similar to successful indie studios, maybe even lower end double A depending on how you measure. He's keep sacrificing everything to keep the money flowing. We'll see.
That post really gives some perspective as to how much time I've invested into this game :HideThePain:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ray_D

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Why wouldn't people like Zoey? She has the hottest lips in the game. One of my main girls.
At the risk of giving an unpopular opinion, I'm going to say that zoey for me is like a bowl of hot soup in a hot summer, you don't want to take it but anyway you end up taking it out of obligation.

also let's face it, if Zoey wasn't useless at surfing she probably wouldn't have come back. i don't like anything about zoey and thanks to her I had to watch that reunion with tremolo, where they both end up crying like bitches, even though I played like a massive DIK most of the game, I couldn't choose an option to tell her to fuck off.

but I'm going to cross my fingers that this option will appear in Chapter 10. probably the option will not appear, but a man has the right to dream.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
It really is ridiculous how big this update will be, on its own, it will be bigger than a majority of the games here on f95.

Now, time for some math.

Using the last 3 episodes (except Interlude) the average animation duration is 5,17s. Rounding that up to 5,2 and considering that in the worst case scenario there are 91 animations left that its 14196 frames to render.

Using his render speed from his vacation, that would take 45 days to render. Plus the 2 weeks to test, which would put the update in 17/11.

On a more optimistic version, if the number of remaning animations is lower, like 80, and the average duration is a bit lower (5s) then the remaining number of frames to be rendered is 12000. That would shave off a week.
He's added 1-2 new PCs to the render farm since his vacation.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes