Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I get that, but I'd like to point out that your first instinct before uncanny valley set in, was pretty girl. Which I've never thought of Maya's character model that way until I saw the features softened.
The realization began in half a second, then, even before reading your post, I thought: this is not real-life Maya, this is AI.

But I get it, the game version of Maya is not your type.

Reactions: Pax Draconis

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
hors role play = excluding role play

HRP. This acronym stands for Hors Role Play and designates all actions that come from the player and not the character. If a streamer ever receives information of which he is not aware in-game from his chat but he uses it in-game, this amounts to HRP.

they take the example of a streamer, but in the case of being a dik, it would be that he takes the information from the point of view of the other characters or staging without tremolo, is that he feels serves as if it was tremolo who had attended and learned all the information
En anglais, C'est denomme meta-knowledge or knowledge of the meta. It means knowledge of the working of something outside of the internal scope. It can refer to table-top games like Dungeons & Dragons, card games like Magic: The Gathering or any story based video game such as Being a DIK.

Reactions: Manoman13

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
En anglais, C'est denomme meta-knowledge or knowledge of the meta. It means knowledge of the working of something outside of the internal scope. It can refer to table-top games like Dungeons & Dragons, card games like Magic: The Gathering or any story based video game such as Being a DIK.
yes there you go, our friend "Dark Silence" is suffering from this symptom but he doesn't even realize it I think

Reactions: Pax Draconis

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Do you have a lot of life experience and examples of friendship between persons of one gender but with a huge gap in age? Especially when one of the persons is around 18yo. (...)Otherwise it doesn't seems very plausible, because lifestyle and a lot of other things are VERY different in 18-20 and 30+ peoples lifes.
I do! And sorry in advance for butting in, I like to discuss plausible scenarios, and I do annoyingly intrude when an scenario seems ridiculous but I just happened to experience it lol.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We happen to be 2 women with a huge age gap who were friends for many years, that's why I think that even though it sounds too fantastic, Bella and Jill friendship is very plausible. And I was a year younger than Jill when I met her.
I agree with many of the points you made before, but you saying this wasn't plausible I couldn't let it slide :p

Reactions: Kpyna

Floki!

Feb 2, 2020
Although Bella is my least favourite LI, she is the one major mystery in this game.

Sure, there are a lot of outstanding questions waiting to be answered in this game, but none of them are as intriguing as Bella's background (or lack thereof). Just to recap on Bella and the mystery that surrounds her:

Bella & James:

In episode 2, when the mc first kisses her, she tells the mc she's a married woman (which may just have been a technique to fend him off), but later on even in her thoughts she later thinks of herself as a married woman:

First to the mc:

Bella: "This didn't happen."​
Bella: "You're still drunk."​
mc: "Are you...sure?"​
Bella: "Fuckface... I'm a married woman."​
mc: "Oh..."​
Bella: "Go to sleep."​
mc: "(Damn...)"​

Then to herself:

Bella: "(Why did he...?)"​
Bella: "(I don't understand...)"​
Bella: "(I feel so...so...dirty...)"​
Bella: "(This is not what a married woman does...)"​

So Bella considers herself a married woman. But it's complicated. If we continue her thoughts from the above scene:

Bella: "(I'm so sorry...)"​
Bella: "(It just caught me completely off guard...)"​
Bella: "(How long has it been since a man did this to me?)"​
Bella: "(Three years?)"​
Bella: "(No, that can't be right...)"​
Bella: "(I haven't gotten an urge to touch myself...that's all...)"​
Bella: "(Until tonight...)"​

So for seemingly three years she hasn't done anything sexual with anyone. Where has her husband been for that time? Because of the Burke-looking soldier in the mc's alcohol fuelled stumble through Bella's house, there is some speculation that he's in the army, but a 3-year tour of duty is kinda not likely.

In episode 3, when Bella is lashing out at students in the library, the cause for it is the sexual tension between her and the mc while at the same time she is helping to set him up with Jill. Her thoughts once again:

Bella: "(I can't lash out at students like that...)"​
Bella: "(...)"​
Bella: "(I did the right thing.)"​
Bella: "(This was for Jill.)"​
Bella: "(Married women don't fool around with young students.)"​
Bella: "(...)"​
Bella: "(They aren't intimate with friends either...)"​
Bella: "(But that...that was different!)"​
Bella: "(It doesn't matter... I've stopped it.)"​
Bella: "(Please, James... Forgive me.)"​
Bella: "(Please, just come home again...)"​
Bella: "(It's been long enough now.)"​

The first part she's talking about how she shouldn't be fooling around with the mc, but the second part, being intimate with friends, we don't know who she's talking about (but there's some speculation it's Jill based on their argument in bed when the mc's on the couch). Then she goes on to ask for James' forgiveness and for him to come home again (after 3 years as we've speculated above).

But then in episode 4 (if you stay at Bella's house), she has the following thoughts about the mc:

Bella: "(Why can't I stop thinking these dirty thoughts about him...?)"​
Bella: "(All these words that I'd never dare tell him...)"​
Bella: "(It's adultery...isn't it?)"​
Bella: "(Can I just decide to move on?)"​
Bella: "(What if James comes home?)"​
Bella: "(Would he blame me if I did this?)"​
Bella: "(After all this time?)"​
Bella: "(I have forgiven him...)"​

So she is aware that moving on is an option, she's just found it difficult. On top of that, she forgives him. So earlier she was asking for his forgiveness (for the mc, or for something that happened long ago) and now she's saying she forgives her husband. What went down three years ago?

Then in episode 6, the mc confronts her feelings:

mc: "We both want it. We wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't so."​
Bella: "Yes, but I feel ashamed for wanting it..."​
mc: "Because of that ring on your finger?"​
Bella: "Yes."​
mc: "I get it..."​
mc: "But correct me if I'm wrong..."​
mc: "I've had the feeling he's not around anymore... Am I wrong?"​
Bella: "No, it's...different today."​
mc: "Then, if that's the case... I don't see why you should feel ashamed."​
mc: "You should be allowed to feel something else."​

Of course the mc is just a horny cunt trying to convince a girl to suck his dick, but he's not wrong. Her husband is gone, and has been gone for quite some time. Their marriage is over, but Bella is struggling to come to terms with it. How Bella's situation got to this point we don't know, she and her husband could have both been unfaithful, had a big fight, and he left but she didn't want it to end at the time. Or, he died, and she's struggling to accept it. Who knows.

But two lines from that conversation strike me as weird:

mc: "I've had the feeling he's not around anymore... Am I wrong?"​
Bella: "No, it's...different today."​

I dunno, but I get a sense that Bella has been feeling James' presence or something, but he's gone now. "it's...different today" is like "today" (the day of that scene) specifically something had changed.

Bella & Jill:

Then we have the tension between Jill and Bella in episode 5 when they are sharing a bed:

Jill: "Is something wrong?"​
Bella: "No. Nothing's wrong."​
Jill: "If you say so."​
Jill: "It's not gonna happen again."​
Bella: "..."​
Bella: "I thought we had an understanding."​
Jill: "We do. That's what I wanted to assure you of."​
Bella: "I don't need to be reassured. I need you to stop talking about it."​
Jill: "Wow..."​
Jill: "Fine! But I wasn't though."​
Jill: "And it's not my fault, I was going to sleep on the couch."​
Bella: "Can we just sleep?"​
Jill: "I'll take the couch instead."​
Bella: "You don't have to do that."​
Jill: "..."​
Bella: "..."​

This whole discussion is vague, but it's brought on by the fact that they are sharing a bed (which wouldn't have happened if Jill had used the couch, which she indicated she would have done, except the mc stayed over). Something tells me this ties in with Bella's thoughts from episode 3, "(They aren't intimate with friends either...)". Jill and Bella were intimate at one point. The three lines from episode 3:

Bella: "(They aren't intimate with friends either...)"​
Bella: "(But that...that was different!)"​
Bella: "(It doesn't matter... I've stopped it.)"​

Make it sound like it wasn't just a 1 time thing, they took their close relationship much further for a period of time. This even possibly links back to Bella's comment to the mc when she tells him not to hurt Jill in episode 2:

Bella: "Jill is...special...to me."​

Her delay on the work "special" was her trying to find the word. Because Bella and Jill's relationship is complicated.

The Locked Door:

Then of course we have the entire focus on the locked door in Bella's house. The scene only ends when you try to open the door. Bella stops the mc when he first attempts to open it in his drunken state. Much later on he tries the door and finds it locked. He mentions this to Jill who chastises him, but she also later tries the door herself. Jill may know more about the situation, but her also trying the door means she also is curious about something.

The Mirror:

It's been referenced before, but there's a stool and a waist high mirror in Bella's bathroom.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I can't think of many reasons for this. Is it for trimming her pubes? Is it for waxing her legs? Or was it for a little toddler to see their reflection?

Is it possible that Bella and James had a child, and it's gone now? :eek:

The Ominous Monologue:

But most concerning of all we also have the mc's internal monologue in episode 3 when he makes out with her in the library:

mc: "At the time I couldn't understand Bella."​
mc: "The attraction was there, but for her it felt so wrong."​
mc: "I remember feeling bad about kissing a married woman."​
mc: "I figured she felt the same since she was being unfaithful to her husband..."​
mc: "...which, of course, is a very big deal."​
mc: "But if I had known the real reasons to her tears..."​
mc: "...and to her persona..."​
mc: "I wouldn't have kissed her that night."​
mc: "I would have called out for help."​

There's something more to Bella's predicament, something more serious than we've yet come to understand. That monologue was not what the mc was thinking at the moment, or about what was happening at that moment, it was the mc from the future (or from the present actually), the mc who is telling the entire story, saying that he finally finds out what has made Bella the way she is, and that he should have called out for help (I don't think he means he should have started yelling for help right then and there, more that he should have looked to get Bella help).

So what the fuck is really Bella's deal:
  • She runs from the library when the mc takes her there for a date. Why the fuck would she do that? She didn't like her boss, that's no reason to run in panic!
  • She's asking for James' forgiveness. What did she do?
  • She's telling James she forgive him. What did he do?
  • She's got a suspicious locked door that the story has brought our attention to three times.
  • She wears her wedding ring for three years after her contact with her husband has ended.
  • There's a strangely located mirror with a stool in her bathroom.
  • The mc says her persona is based on something that he should have gotten her help over.

My Theory:

I'm going with Bella & James had a child who was tragically killed in an accident. The couple drifted apart emotionally and each found solace in another partner (Bella with Jill, and James with some other woman - someone we may already know :unsure:). Both accused the other of damaging their marriage and they separated, with James leaving.

The lower mirror is for the little kid since the normal mirror is too high (I've got to admit, I've never seen this before, most people just put a step next to the sink, so a kid can brush their teeth etc.)

The locked room is the child's room; a room that Bella doesn't want to share with others, and can't bear to clean out.

Bella is asking James (in her mind) to forgive her for her affair with Jill, and she says she forgives him for his affair with the other woman.

Bella runs from the library that time on her date with the mc because there are still strong emotions surrounding her husband, their child, the marriage breakdown, and going there was forcing her to confront some things (this is a fucking stretch, I really don't know why she ran off like a maniac).

It was James that ultimately left Bella, and she never fully accepted the marriage was over, that's why she still wears the ring and wasn't looking for another relationship.

I believe that Jill knows of Bella's history that's why she's defensive when the mc starts poking around, perhaps because she knows she had a hand in it. She probably wasn't aware that the child's room has been locked all this time though (since she's typically not the kind of person to go snooping around until the mc brought it up).
These theory is leading me to believe that DPC is a fkn mastermind of writing, bro trying to be in Tarantino and Nolan level

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Dude, that's Farrah Fawcett's hairstyle from the 1970s. That uneven layered blow-out bullshit is ugly. View attachment 2975366
View attachment 2975370 Farrah's hair at leas had some bounce to it. Maya's looks like a pekingese died on her head.
That Farrah's style has nothing to do with Maya's. Nothing. It's a completely different style. Say that it is the same to a woman or a gay and they will shout at you with pure hate and mockery. I saved you from pepper spray, probably.
Maya's style is more similar to the one used by many girls or actresses/models in the recent years, it's not "old" at all.
This one maybe you should know:
View attachment kendall-jenner-enraged-models.webp

The problem with previous Maya's hair was the asset, that was old compared to the ones used for the other characters. He just had to update it, keeping the same style, to a GEN8 asset. He chose to change it and picked a bad one. I don't know if the new asset does not fit her model or it's badly positioned, but the result is not acceptable. Maybe he has done that on purpose, because he already gave Maya the worst skin texture ever seen. It's a subtle hint to tell us that he hates all feminists. :KEK:

Last edited:

DanKaye519

Jun 22, 2019
These theory is leading me to believe that DPC is a fkn mastermind of writing, bro trying to be in Tarantino and Nolan level
You put a lot in here so I'm only going to thumbs up your recap and then throw in some thoughts about your theory.

I'm with you on this one. Something is VERY off with Bella, and it eats me up trying to figure out what it is. I haven't played EP9 yet but I'm sure we're no closer to learning what her deal is. But she's strangely shady. And here comes my theory, which is kind of more of a conspiracy theory than anything else.

Back in one of the later episodes (I forget which one exactly), there's a short dialogue with MC and Bella re: Sage and then MC thinks to himself or mumbles to himself, "everybody knows each other" or something to that effect. This leads me to believe that there's another connection somewhere. My thought is Jade.

If your theory proves true and James did find comfort with another partner, perhaps the other partner is Jade. Bella was very vague in saying she doesn't really like Jade in a conversation with the MC. Plus, I feel like with Burke constantly cheating, Jade didn't hold back from cheating herself until she meets MC, a student. I'm sure Jade has gotten other revenge on Burke. That's where James comes in.

I will say with your theory, I never really thought about a child. But it makes perfect sense. Now what if both the child and James died in an accident? Bella is having a rough time moving on. The situation with Jill was perhaps just a moment of weakness, most likely after consuming a lot of wine. But I think there's more to it than that. How did Jill and Bella become such great friends? I think there's a part of the story there that will answer a lot of our questions.

Good stuff. I enjoyed your thoughts on this. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has questions and develops theories with a lot of the story in this game. Haha

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes