chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
What kind of drama can happen in HOTs ?
Fuckface spent the night in Quinn's room.
He's the King now.
View attachment 3025429
And he will come out as befits a King, with fanfare and a reading by the Court Herald of all his titles and merits.
View attachment 3025437
The main thing is that no one would step on the long royal mantle.
Then yes, there may be drama.
all hail king fuckface. lord of the stable, jarl of the first diks, wielder of the nut canon, and protector of the ho's
i thought that was going to sound ridiculous but i kinda like it :unsure: :LOL:

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
all hail king fuckface. lord of the stable, jarl of the first diks, wielder of the nut canon, and protector of the ho's
i thought that was going to sound ridiculous but i kinda like it :unsure: :LOL:
Long may He reign !
Together with Quinn :cautious:

sampow

May 14, 2023
There are actually two levels of perception of the game's shortcomings here. The first level is emotional, associated with a long wait. The long cinematic animations from ep 9 can hardly be called a flaw, the game didn't get worse or better with it. This is an artistic decision on the part of DPK and he has every right to do so. When we talk about long freeroams, we should also realize that this is a way for DPC to make branching easier for himself. Instead of creating a huge amount of scenes for each girl it's easier to put them in one setting where it will be much easier to realize it. This can also include mini-games, but with some caveat. In terms of gameplay design, mini-games bring variety to the gameplay. Instead of the usual kinetic novel, we get a novel with a lot of mini-games that carry different functions. The mansion repair mini-game creates the illusion that the player is really involved in the restoration of the ruined mansion and sees his contribution to this common cause. A mini-game related to math and English adds to the immersiveness of the game.
We players feel like all of this is slowing down the development process and resent it, but probably without all of this the game would feel and play differently.

The second tier can be called objective, because if DPС fixes these flaws the game will actually get better. Freerooms, minigames, animations don't make the game worse or better.
The objective flaws I would include the following:
1) Visual bugs. These include Josy's teeth, Sage's skin, Jill's smile, poor lighting in the first few episodes, rigging errors, and cloth simulation errors. These can be fixed and they all make the game worse.
2) Plot inconsistencies. Why does MC refuse to fuck Envy and Sandy after her date with Jill, but happily fucks Riona and Cammy? Why does Jill reject MC Dik even though he went on a date with her? Why doesn't the player tell Maya that Quinn wants Maya to be a prostitute. And much more.
3) Large number of variables. I've said before that I don't see the point of a large number of endings in episode 9. Variability is good, but in ep9 both the ending with vixen and the ending with Sarah and Melanie don't make sense to me. The scene with Sara and Melanie could have happened during the party, there's no need to make a whole ending out of it( unless DPC wants to make a new trouple out of them). 9 endings lead to consequences, consequences to other consequences, and so on. The code will get more complex, the inevitable consequence will be that some variables will either be ignored or DPC himself will get confused.
4) A large number of empty scenes. Scenes of course create atmosphere and the right mood, but some of them have absolutely no sense and if you remove them the game will not lose anything. For example, the scene with the conspiracy buff at the dorm party in ep8 is one of the most boring. It was just really boring. How important was the scene with Becky in ep9 and Jacob's room. The player had to walk through the whole house only to find out that Becky fell in the bathtub. It was unfunny and a waste of time.
5)The decision to make animations at 60fps is completely inexplicable to me. But it's too early to judge yet. But so far it looks like something that will take extra rendering time.

I don't mean to say that my opinion is the truth in the last instance and it's the only correct one, it's not like that. I just try to look objectively and without emotion at the state of the game. Ep9 is a bad sample for analyzing and predicting considering that it is experimental.
  1. Most visual bugs aren't that big an issue.

Neil's teeth are the most shocking to me (but who cares really, we just laugh about it).

And of course Jill's face from time-to-time, but maybe she's just an ugly smiler (plus we definitely laugh about it). I don't even think going back and fixing all those ugly Jill smiles would be a good idea. Jill fans wouldn't want her touched! :ROFLMAO:

2. These can all be answered to varying degrees of acceptance.

Regarding Sandy and Nicole, the mc had just that very same afternoon told Jill he was falling for her, and then a few hours later two woman want him to come home for a threesome. It's justified he felt a twinge on his conscience at that point (or he was still thinking about what a lovely afternoon he had) and decided against it.

But with Riona & Cammy, he doesn't get to fuck them until a week later at the party. So he went for it. Plus, fucking a girl in her room at a party (which may or may not end up in a threesome) is not the same things as going home from a bar with two women. One is really spur of the moment, the other is a little more premeditated. Not that a girlfriend would accept that differentiation. :oops:

Not sure if you're looking at the Sandy/Nicole vs Riona/Cammy thing as simply, "he did one threesome, why not the other? Doesn't make sense?!" But the timing makes a lot of sense.

If the mc is a DIK, Jill rejects him because she doesn't feel right about him. A DIK mc is too rough around the edges for her, so she gets cold feet. Just because they went on the picnic doesn't mean she absolutely must accept him. Sure we've all discussed the picnic to death, not going to the picnic means a whole bunch of shit doesn't happen and so Jill decides against being with the mc, but him being a DIK is just as much a deal breaker.

You could ask why would Jill be interested in a DIK mc in the first place, to that I'll just say, "Florence Nightingale Effect" which wore off when she got to know the real him if he was DIK (or didn't wear off in the case that he ticked all the boxes).

The obvious reason the mc doesn't tell Maya the full story with Quinn was to allow the drama to drag on, so that's not an acceptable reason, but he could just have easily decided not to tell her too much incase she starts to wonder why he knows so much about this prostitute ring. It's not too much of a stretch.

mc: "She's evil!"
    Maya: "Evil? Come on, she's just a bit...rough around the edges."
    mc: "Nope. EVIL. I know what she does with her girls."
    mc: "She uses them to earn money."
    Maya: "Uses them how?"
    mc: "Just...don't trust her, Maya. Please!"
    Maya: "Maybe I could talk to Sage, instead?"
    Maya: "She seems kind of cool."
    mc: "Yes! Sage! Do that!"
    mc: "Just not Quinn!"

He virtually tells her and then takes the easy way out:

3. Maybe you haven't enjoyed Melanie & Sarah as much as others, but their ending was hell justified. Waking up in bed with those to girls is a great ending. And the "vixen" ending was a consolation prize. If the mc went to bed on his own, that would have been a sucky ending for the party. :ROFLMAO:

Mel & Sarah don't have to be a serious path to not still be thoroughly enjoyable.

But as far as maintaining variables, it's not hard at all. Any variable that has long term issues will be highlighted, and branches with girls can't be that hard to maintain. As long as you plan shit right (and it's not like DPC is smashing this shit out over the weekend, he's taking months to get it right). So far there's been no evidence that he's lost track of previous plot aspects, so I don't see that being an issue until it is an issue.

4. All of those scenes you're complaining about are just scenes that didn't appeal to you. None of them bothered me at all. I didn't like how Becky has become the butt of jokes though, but no big deal.

5. DPC's already mentioned that animations are rendering faster at 60fps on his new equipment than the previous animations were rendering on his old equipment. The biggest risk here that others have mentioned is it might not play to well on older hardware.
So really, the only real flaws you've mentioned are the occasional graphical issues on some renders. But I'll concede the biggest plot flaw is Maya's loan. It was criticised when it first surfaced, and DPC tried to have Maya clarify it later only to further make it less likely. But it'll probably turn out her dad was bluffing and Maya is clueless.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
If the mc went to bed on his own, that would have been a sucky ending for the party. :ROFLMAO:
I can attest to that. Another reason I absolutely hated 9. Only bright points was breaking Derek's heart(Zoey is my best friend) and punching Vinny.

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
mc: "She's evil!"
Maya: "Evil? Come on, she's just a bit...rough around the edges."
mc: "Nope. EVIL. I know what she does with her girls."
mc: "She uses them to earn money."
Maya: "Uses them how?"
mc: "Just...don't trust her, Maya. Please!"
Maya: "Maybe I could talk to Sage, instead?"
Maya: "She seems kind of cool."
mc: "Yes! Sage! Do that!"
mc: "Just not Quinn!"
People rag on how dumb they think Jill is yet never bring up the level of cluelessness Maya has to exhibit to not pick up on the 20-ton hint MC just dropped on her.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
People rag on how dumb they think Jill is yet never bring up the level of cluelessness Maya has to exhibit to not pick up on the 20-ton hint MC just dropped on her.
Nah man, Maya isn't dumb
She just pretended to be at times because she knows most men are intimidated by smart, beautiful women like her
But it's a good thing I'm not
I love girls who are smart
Almost as much as I love girls with small boobs

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
is there some setting that has to be toggled for this to work. when i hit alt + o. it doesnt bring up any dev console
I thought you already knew how to activate the console, well here are some instructions:
  1. Go to steamapps common folder – Example: PC > HDD-Data (E > Steam > Steamapps > Common > Being a Dik
  2. Open the Being a Dik folder
  3. Click on Renpy > Click on Common
  4. Open 00console.rpy with notepad (or any other text editor)
  5. Find “config.console” (use CTRL + F to find it)
  6. Change config.console = False to config.console = True
  7. Open the console: Launch the game and press CTRL + O
cheats:

These are all the console commands available, some of them, as we indicated, can only be used from Season 2
  • Max Dk Status: Dk = 10 (don’t use a number higher than 10)
  • Max Characters’ relationships: Rpcharactername = 30 (don’t use a number higher than 30), examples
    • RPjosy = 30
    • RPmaya = 30
    • RPsage = 30
    • RPisabella = 30
    • RPjill = 30
    • RPdiks = 30
    • RPpreps = 30 (Season 2 exclusive)
  • Money: money = x (replace x with the amount of money you want, you can use the console command as many times as you want)
Season 2 exclusive cheats
  • Mansion Minigame Money: mansion_money = x (replace x with the amount of money you want)
  • Max Mansion Minigame Stats:
    • Clean: mStatClean = [100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100]
    • Build: mStatBuild = [100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100]
    • Work: mStatWork = [100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100]
    • Salvage: mStatSalvage = [100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100]

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
I told myself the same thing when I was doing the M&J playthrough, but then I got drunk and ended up at Bella's house and, you know... What I'm trying to say is never say never.
I understand you.
When Fuckface got drunk and ended up in Bella's house, I was also overcome by an irresistible desire...
The desire to rob Bella's house and give the money to Quinn.
Just a pity that the game doesn't allow to do this.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I understand you.
When Fuckface got drunk and ended up in Bella's house, I was also overcome by an irresistible desire...
The desire to rob Bella's house and give the money to Quinn.
Just a pity that the game doesn't allow to do this.
You know, I think I saw you there. My vision was blurry, but weren't you that scary guy hiding in the room to the left of the bathroom?

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Regarding Sandy and Nicole, the mc had just that very same afternoon told Jill he was falling for her, and then a few hours later two woman want him to come home for a threesome. It's justified he felt a twinge on his conscience at that point (or he was still thinking about what a lovely afternoon he had) and decided against it.

But with Riona & Cammy, he doesn't get to fuck them until a week later at the party. So he went for it. Plus, fucking a girl in her room at a party (which may or may not end up in a threesome) is not the same things as going home from a bar with two women. One is really spur of the moment, the other is a little more premeditated. Not that a girlfriend would accept that differentiation. :oops:

Not sure if you're looking at the Sandy/Nicole vs Riona/Cammy thing as simply, "he did one threesome, why not the other? Doesn't make sense?!" But the timing makes a lot of sense.
I just want to remind you that Jill is the only girl MC explicitly admits he's in love with. And yes he did it at a picnic. If he didn't say all that crap about love, I might believe it, but now all he's saying sounds like the usual lies to get Jill into bed. He didn't even say as many words of love to Josy as he did to Jill.

If the mc is a DIK, Jill rejects him because she doesn't feel right about him. A DIK mc is too rough around the edges for her, so she gets cold feet. Just because they went on the picnic doesn't mean she absolutely must accept him. Sure we've all discussed the picnic to death, not going to the picnic means a whole bunch of shit doesn't happen and so Jill decides against being with the mc, but him being a DIK is just as much a deal breaker.

You could ask why would Jill be interested in a DIK mc in the first place, to that I'll just say, "Florence Nightingale Effect" which wore off when she got to know the real him if he was DIK (or didn't wear off in the case that he ticked all the boxes).
DIK should have been rejected by Jill even earlier. In general, there should not have been such a situation when player DIK runs to the date of Tybalt and Jill, it is stupid and not typical of DIK in general. In fact, if I were DPC, I would make the player's decision to go or not to go to the picnic to Jill's affection. DIK automatically skips that meeting and goes to Sage, whereas Chick automatically rejects Sage.

The obvious reason the mc doesn't tell Maya the full story with Quinn was to allow the drama to drag on, so that's not an acceptable reason, but he could just have easily decided not to tell her too much incase she starts to wonder why he knows so much about this prostitute ring. It's not too much of a stretch.
So, to summarize.
MC knows that Quinn is pimping out girls and forcing them to sell their bodies. He certainly doesn't have proof yet that prostitution and free tuition are directly related, but still he tells Maya as vague a phrase as possible that Maya will forget in an hour? All it took was one line of dialog:
("I don't want to get in trouble with Quinn."). It was enough to understand MC's motivation for not telling the whole truth. And it seems to be that motivation that makes the MC not tell the whole truth to Maya if you look at the context of the story. This scene as a whole is poorly done. The entire narrative in the game is built on understatements and character innuendos. I have nothing against this type of narrative, but there are too many of these innuendos.

Maybe you haven't enjoyed Melanie & Sarah as much as others, but their ending was hell justified. Waking up in bed with those to girls is a great ending. And the "vixen" ending was a consolation prize. If the mc went to bed on his own, that would have been a sucky ending for the party. :ROFLMAO:
This scene could have been done in the middle of the episode. The player has no such attachment to Melanie and Sarah unlike Lily, Envy and Quinn.

But as far as maintaining variables, it's not hard at all. Any variable that has long term issues will be highlighted, and branches with girls can't be that hard to maintain. As long as you plan shit right (and it's not like DPC is smashing this shit out over the weekend, he's taking months to get it right). So far there's been no evidence that he's lost track of previous plot aspects, so I don't see that being an issue until it is an issue.
If that were true, DPC wouldn't be spending two weeks each just to figure out its block diagram. He himself admits in his own status updates that he is confused about his own scenario structure because of the large branching and spends a lot of time separating the wheat from the chaff.
So really, the only real flaws you've mentioned are the occasional graphical issues on some renders. But I'll concede the biggest plot flaw is Maya's loan. It was criticised when it first surfaced, and DPC tried to have Maya clarify it later only to further make it less likely. But it'll probably turn out her dad was bluffing and Maya is clueless.
On the contrary, I don't think it's a big plot problem. Maya is presented as a girl who was deceived by her own father. Maya seems to be really afraid of her own father and lives in real fear. No wonder why she is so unselfish and cowardly. The turn with the loan shows this nature of Maya.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
No. He was the creepy dude looking in the window. :ROFLMAO:
Now I feel even more embarrassed when I find out that Quinn's tattoo isn't actually a tattoo. Was there another guy looking out the window in this scene at Bella's house? Tell me again, exactly how much beer did Tommy pour into the MC?

• Haha
Reactions: bloodyasura
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes