Sep 14, 2023
it won't be that long. Plus the update is huge and worth the wait
Well, DPC said that he'll probably be finished with all the rendering by middle of next month or so, and then add two weeks of beta testing and bug fixing, this places the probable release date is in early December, basically a 12 month release cycle, and unless DPC decides to start chopping down some of those branches he's only going to have more shit to do next update, which will take longer. This update is already much larger than his early April or so guesstimates he gave, and it's not the first time he's displayed a tendency to grow the size of episodes during development, it's a clearly established pattern of behavior with DPC at this point.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
December-December. Certainly looks like 12 months to me, and the pace of release has never sped up between episodes, so there will not be a release in 2024.
While that's true, the same goes for the amount of content provided. Every update has more renders, animations etc. compared to the previous one. Just yesterday I tried explaining to some dude who accused DPC of milking in another game's thread that people can't expect a 5-6 month development cycle as for example in Episode 5, when he's more than doubled the amount of renders&animations, dialogue, coding...and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer updates the size of Episode 5, and DPC going back to 5-6 month cycles instead of the current monstrosities, but some people in this thread are actually failing to use their heads. That's not aimed at you, I'm just saying.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes