anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I remember the mods updating pretty quickly for BADIK. There may be some bugs here and there for the initial updates but I remember it taking a few days to a week.
Depends on the mod and what tripwires DPC puts into the episode. So far Sancho's mod has avoided any issues and is usually able to update within a few days. However other modders like Scrappy ran into huge problems last episode because they had included an option to choose multiple routes in the ep 8 decision and DPC broke those routes by making it impossible to have Bella route open with Jill due to costumes. He also included a tripwire that caused modded games to loop when Jacob comments on the decorations. I expect more tripwires, potentially a scene that runs on both Sage and throuple route, but is significantly different on both routes so any modded saves with both routes open will be borked and there'll still be tripwires put in specifically to break modded saves.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
However other modders like Scrappy ran into huge problems last episode because they had included an option to choose multiple routes in the ep 8 decision and DPC broke those routes by making it impossible to have Bella route open with Jill due to costumes.
DPC has tripwires for scrappy's mod, but this wasn't one of them. scrappy just broke the game logic by having multiple routes open, nothing to do with DPC trying to sabotage mods in this case.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
DPC has tripwires for scrappy's mod, but this wasn't one of them. scrappy just broke the game logic by having multiple routes open, nothing to do with DPC trying to sabotage mods in this case.
Why else have different costumes for Jill and Bella dependent on route though? It certainly comes across as an attempt to bork players trying to see all content on a single playthrough.

For what it's worth I have no problem with DPC doing it, he wants a game that has replayability and is a challenge for completionists to see everything, that's fair in my opinion. But it's also the only way I can possibly excuse the banana and I still think he could've come up with a better costume for Jill when on her route, but if he couldn't stick with the bee.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Why else have different costumes for Jill and Bella dependent on route though? It certainly comes across as an attempt to bork players trying to see all content on a single playthrough.
Same reason the dialogue and hundreds of other things are different between routes. It's an obvious visual indicator of the separate routes. It's common practice to use if blocks to differentiate route specific dialogue & images within a scene (like with or without the DIK helmet).

As I said, this isn't a mess with the mod thing. It's scrappy not handling the consequences of having multiple routes open. Happens in plenty of other game mods, where schizophrenic scenes appear because multiple routes are unexpectedly open.

Reactions: ElectronicRoberts

Naczin

Jan 24, 2022
Hey guys, I'm back here after a while, is there something relevant from the 0.90 version to the 0.91 ? I downloaded the file but the end of the game seems the same thing...

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
okay thanks for the information :cool:
If you are using the latest version of the game and mods you should have no issue, I've been using Sancho' since the day it got updated and I don't remember any game breaking issues, but I also only use the mods for the Walkthrough and not for the cheating parts, so don't know for sure.

Reactions: ElectronicRoberts

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
December 25th it is then...... unless DPC decides to add more 60fps animations.

Dude is literally going overboard with each episode and animations. Adding lengthy animations which you only see once and then in next playthrough just skip though it. If that wasn't enough he wants to go for 60fps, looks like by the time game ends each render will be 8k with hundreds of 30min long -120 fps animations.

Mar 2, 2022
Word Count and Production Rate By Episode
I thought I would share the info since I had compiled it. This is merely an additional measure that can be utilized to contrast the production speed of particular episodes with respect to word count.
12345678I9
Word Count
Avg Per Line
Words Per Week

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
December 25th it is then...... unless DPC decides to add more 60fps animations.

Dude is literally going overboard with each episode and animations. Adding lengthy animations which you only see once and then in next playthrough just skip though it. If that wasn't enough he wants to go for 60fps, looks like by the time game ends each render will be 8k with hundreds of 30min long -120 fps animations.
Animations are used to create the right atmosphere and entourage. It is his artistic decision and he has every right to do so. In ep9 there were a lot of small animations like breathing of characters, stroking hands and so on that complemented the picture and did not make it so static and boring. The intro video was pretty good and atmospheric.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Animations are used to create the right atmosphere and entourage. It is his artistic decision and he has every right to do so. In ep9 there were a lot of small animations like breathing of characters, stroking hands and so on that complemented the picture and did not make it so static and boring. The intro video was pretty good and atmospheric.
I would say very subjective

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes