Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Notice how unevenly the lighting is distributed. Maya's skin has the same unnatural glare as this render.

View attachment 3040144
The light source is behind and slightly to the left, noticeable by the hair shadow on Maya any Josy faces, and the points that you noted. It seems that 5700+ renders are not doing the game any good - DPC simply doesn't have enough time to accurately calibrate each render. I've seen his wallpaper series, he can do better. He probably just placed the point light in that place and decided that “that would do.”

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
This is what we need. :rolleyes:
I'm loving it. :sneaky:(y)
And I like the trend.
DPC goes the right way.
Let him make them all ugly, and then everyone will see the life-giving Light of Quinn.
They will see and appreciate it. :cautious:
Someone ancient said - "The Quinnism doctrine is omnipotent because it is true." :sneaky:
Quinn needs a new haircut too. But knowing that what DPC usually chooses, it’s better to let it remain as it is.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Assuming you are refering to preview #8.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can't remember which post or person analyzed the image, but it has already been concluded to be the HOTs home. Specifically, Josy's room. So, my guess is that they are two distinct events. Thus, Josy should still potentially be present Maya during the Thanksgiving party.
It was me, probably, we also had an argument with several people about where Josy's scene takes place.

I'm lasy now to find the explanation text for each number, but here it is:

preview.jpg room in night.jpg
Major arguments - the same pillowcase and mattress, no one will drag them into the tent, it's just stupid, and in a tent of the size that we see, no one uses them. Usually sleeping bags or something compact are used. Pink wall(s), bed metal bar(s) and Josy's hair - we already seen her in that camping trip preview - she was with her usual ponytail. I can accept and explain the new hairstyle at the party and ponytail in bed scene but not vise versa.

Now regarding latest preview

Regarding Maya... particular haircut can significantly change person apperiance and perception. Including "age" perception things. But honestly most of Maya critics and sceptics just don't like her initially and just constantly search for any argument and negative against her.

DPC through the timelapse of development improved almost all characters in the way they look, as well as rendering complexity and quality, most of S1 images are quite "flat" and poor in terms of lighting and shadowing. Then with each episode he improved models more and more. Tbh if you return her old haircut, makeup and make simpler lighting (less shadows etc), she will look identical as she was in previous episodes.

It's almost confirmed that DPC uses PS (or some similar soft) batch postprocessing. I heavily doubt that DAZ may produce such "dark" renders as we can seen it in the latest episodes (7-8-9). He don't have extra time to mess with different settings each time, so, probably he use a few presets here and there. Only this can explain why Josy skin changes color whithin one episode several times (EP7 is the best showcase). Probably that last episodes was the time when he started to actively use the postprocessing. And EP7 was just the beginning and it can explain such imperfections. The result is more consistent and stable in EP8 and EP9. I hope it will only be better in EP10 and further. DPC is a perfectionist in most places and it's mean a lot.

Look at this:

Josy.jpeg
Josy's scene in EP8 (Jym). The upper image where I added a lot of lightness in PS and reduced the contrast and reduced saturation and color vibrance, the bottom is original one. Now tell me he don't use the postprocess.

He probably adds a sharpness and uses some other tricks, because sometimes skin details are insane and extreme. Now look at the most of fanart, even made by very skilled DAZ artists.

Finally, latest preview:

Maya.jpg

You guys compare images and skin tones in outside scenes under the "sun" and the inner scenes with artificial lighting. Any beginner in photography or other artist working with lighting will tell you that this makes a huge difference, and principally gives different conditions and expectations for a final result.

One of the DPCs own official wallpapers, new hairstyle + sunlight:

wallpaper_maya1_4k.jpg

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Like this maybe? Don't remember where I found it though.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is definitely not her style. I'll look at the hair library for DAZ models later, maybe I'll find something. It should be something similar, matching her style, but more detailed. Her default hair is simply outdated.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
This is definitely not her style. I'll look at the hair library for DAZ models later, maybe I'll find something. It should be something similar, matching her style, but more detailed. Her default hair is simply outdated.
I agree, but that is just an alternate version of Quinn I found some place. Maybe this thread? I don't know.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes