Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
I have just realized I don't give a shit about half of those plotlines. This game needs to be trimmed of plots that simply don't work and only add filler material, like everything related to Chad, Maya's father, or Tybalt, for example. They are shitty antagonists. I don't care about James either, Chad's blackmail, the fucking tuition, and new characters, and I'm fed up of cliffhanger endings that end up being nothing the next update a year later. Quinn's business with Burke, Vinnie and Buddy and the way are going to affect the HOTs, an specially Sage, are almost the only thing I care right now, although stupidities like Derek finding there are hidden cameras into the DIKs' mansion make me think the plot is going to be a nonsense too.

Enamikop

Jun 4, 2023
I have just realized I don't give a shit about half of those plotlines. This game needs to be trimmed of plots that simply don't work and only add filler material, like everything related to Chad, Maya's father, or Tybalt, for example. They are shitty antagonists. I don't care about James either, Chad's blackmail, the fucking tuition, and new characters, and I'm fed up of cliffhanger endings that end up being nothing the next update a year later. Quinn's business with Burke, Vinnie and Buddy and the way are going to affect the HOTs, an specially Sage, are almost the only thing I care right now, although stupidities like Derek finding there are hidden cameras into the DIKs' mansion make me think the plot is going to be a nonsense too.
TL;DR

"I only want to see sex scenes. Please remove the story because I just wanna bust."

143 others

Dec 1, 2020
This may sound pretty random but I am kinda sure at this point that this VN will have a pretty dark/sad ending just like the previous work of DPC, just becuase of the time he takes to come up with a single ep (I am not crying that he should be quick , the only way he can do that is if he hires people ) for us to have a good ending for all the branches that have been created it won't make much sense like its basically like we would only interact to one main girl as per the branch we are on and it will take a lot of time to reach a good ending rather than that what DPC can do is put a sad and unexpected twist which affects all of the branches and reduces the branches and his work resulting in a much faster ending ,as if we just think about it he can take 7-8 eps for good ending or even an individual ending for all the main girls , which can be like 10 or more years .

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
This may sound pretty random but I am kinda sure at this point that this VN will have a pretty dark/sad ending just like the previous work of DPC, just becuase of the time he takes to come up with a single ep (I am not crying that he should be quick , the only way he can do that is if he hires people ) for us to have a good ending for all the branches that have been created it won't make much sense like its basically like we would only interact to one main girl as per the branch we are on and it will take a lot of time to reach a good ending rather than that what DPC can do is put a sad and unexpected twist which affects all of the branches and reduces the branches and his work resulting in a much faster ending ,as if we just think about it he can take 7-8 eps for good ending or even an individual ending for all the main girls , which can be like 10 or more years .
I don't think hiring people would make him release the updates fasters. Some games here are built by companies or a group and yet they can't provide as much as Dpc and sometimes even take longer or as much time as Dpc. Honestly, he can release faster updates if he himself focus on that. He is always experimenting and building shits in the game. (The ep9 minigames and 60 FPS, hangout, etc) Ps, I don't know if this will have rushed or bad endings but that all depends on the time frame. The last episode will be an epilogue and most games it will just conclude the branches with every girl (probably)

Personally, I would say just enjoy the game as it is and move on.

Reactions: sava75

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
TL;DR

"I only want to see sex scenes. Please remove the story because I just wanna bust."
I´m interested in the story if the story is good. If the story is crap, I´m not interested. And half of the plotlines of this game are nonsenses. I don't want to see just the sex scenes. Actually, sex scenes is the last thing I´m interested, this is not "fap material" for me. If it were, I would follow the path of Maya and Josy, since I suppose the scenes are mostly threesomes, but since I don't like those characters or their arcs, I don't even play their paths.

Anyway, it was just a comment out of a moment of boredom when I was looking for news about the update. I'm not looking for validation from people here, because I know this thread is the most toxic one of this forum.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Brilliant! Just one question though. Why does he need to complete the game faster? I understand why you want this, but I don't understand why he would need this? He has his own enterprise, which generates good income. Every two or three years, he releases a new season on Steam, which receives good ratings and brings in a decent profit in addition to the previous ones. Why would he suddenly want to cut it short, make some kind of abrupt final like you expect, and then... what? To create a new game from the very beginning, to come up with new characters, no worse than the current ones, to make the public love them no less than current ones? To composing a new story, although he has this one ready and planned far ahead? All your doubts boil down to one thing - if he continues at the same pace, it will take ten years or more. So please elaborate, are there any disadvantages for him to have a job he likes and a good income for ten years in advance?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Don't know what this guy means about "this thread is the most toxic one of this forum."
This place is one of the funniest on F95, full of creative people and others who are fun to chat with.
It can become toxic when political guys come to the thread and shout about “the feminist agenda in BaDIK” and “the developer doesn’t care about my political views,” yes.:confused:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Don't know what this guy means about "this thread is the most toxic one of this forum."
This place is one of the funniest on F95, full of creative people and others who are fun to chat with.
It can become toxic when political guys come to the thread and shout about “the feminist agenda in BaDIK” and “the developer doesn’t care about my political views,” yes.:confused:
That one was odd indeed. I first thought maybe he is new, but at least the account is old enough to know that this thread isn't even in the top 50 of the "most toxic threads".

Like most of the time it's super chill here with the occasional troll dropping in to spew nonsense...hmm maybe he was trying to fulfill that quota ? :D

Aug 16, 2017
That one was odd indeed. I first thought maybe he is new, but at least the account is old enough to know that this thread isn't even in the top 50 of the "most toxic threads".

Like most of the time it's super chill here with the occasional troll dropping in to spew nonsense...hmm maybe he was trying to fulfill that quota ? :D
Yep methinks he ventured out from under his bridge to do the forum equivalent of yelling at the kids on his lawn. As for most toxic? Pffft. This thread has humour, variety, artwork and banter. Compare it to the wave of endless bitching vs dev pandering that constitutes nearly every other game thread on this site and it's a welcome thing for sure.

Urvile

Sep 12, 2017
I agree that most of the main paths probably will have bitter sweet rather than true happy ending. The main reason being is that every main path the relationships have major red flags.

Sage: Has Just broken up with Chad and used you to spy/Cheat on him, Also has some significant issues dealing with emotion and communication.

Bella: Is your teacher and in a significant position of power over you jeopardizing her career and you education. (there is also the whole question about is she still married or a widow or whatever is going on there but whatever it is she isn't dealing with it well emotionally).

Jill: Is from a vastly different socioeconomic background and has the potential to go sour if old money doesn't approve of the boyfriend and cut here off potentially having a repeat of MCs father and mother.

Maya/Jose: Lied to the MC about there relationships, Cheated on the current partner with the same person, Invited a third party into there relationship the person in question being the person the both cheated with and (depending on choices) seem to be getting jealous of each other for spending time with MC.

Quinn: Is a Drug dealing/using Pimp who has significant family issues and an exceptionally manipulative personality.

All of these relationships have significant potential time bombs waiting to go off and with DPCs history we can probably expect some heart ache

(I would also like to point out these are not criticisms of the paths merely some off the points that DPC is probably going to use to crush us emotionally)

robin312

Jul 6, 2023
Yep methinks he ventured out from under his bridge to do the forum equivalent of yelling at the kids on his lawn. As for most toxic? Pffft. This thread has humour, variety, artwork and banter. Compare it to the wave of endless bitching vs dev pandering that constitutes nearly every other game thread on this site and it's a welcome thing for sure.
I think each thread related to its game and game itself creates its own community
If threads are full of toxic asses, then it means there is something in the game that attracts them
Our thread is one of the best on this site with great people, and I don’t see any toxic shit in it

robin312

Jul 6, 2023
I agree that most of the main paths probably will have bitter sweet rather than true happy ending. The main reason being is that every main path the relationships have major red flags.
Let’s start from the very beginning: MC has only father and his mother died tragically. That’s already not funny
Life is life anyway and you create your ending yourself. That whole situation makes it more real, like it’s not a fairytale

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
This thread goes through cycles based on how long it's been since the last Episode droped.

First 1-2 weeks people are talking about scenes they liked/disliked and the Episode in general.

Then comes my favorite part of the cycle, where people deep dive into the Episode and come up with new theories incorporating all the new information, and that part takes months.

Then we have a few months where it slows down a bit.

And then the "long wait" starts, and at the end of it, like right now, it's all fun and meme's and stuff and people dealing with their impatience, but like 95% of it is good natured and really funny.

I really hope that one day this thread will be recognised for it's greatness and make it into the Adult gaming Hall of Fame, because we sure earned it. :D

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
For the story it tells, badik does not lend itself much to a happy ending. In the end, the first love is more a melancholic memory than a 100% happy one.
This one is really difficult, because with AL he wanted to shock, to get people talking and to generate interest and he succeeded.

Now with BaD, above all, he wants it to be remembered, and he will not taint his "masterpiece", like let's say Bioware did with Mass Effect, which had people going nuts and "forcing" Bioware to create a new ending.

Most college relationships don't make it all the way, so one has to always keep that in the back of ones mind, but if we ignore that for a moment, some paths certainly offer the prospect of what most would consider a "happy ending".

I think he will cover the whole range, like some stories for example Jill's, is already being setup for it so smoothly. Jill never gets tired of telling the MC that money doesn't matter to her, or that her expensive car or furniture doesn't matter to her. I can easily see - if their socioeconomic differences cause a divide between Jill and her family - that she just says "I made my choice" and then rides of into the sunset with the MC.

Also Sage's, Bella's and Zoey's story could very well lend itself to a happy ending. DPC is not going to let problems that he already dealt with reoccur, like the MC and Bella, 1 year later suddenly getting into a conflict over stuff like "Oh shit, you're 20 years older than me."

Then there are the obvious ones who lend themselves far better to not so happy endings, with Quinn being the groups frontrunner.

BaD also has one huge advantage, it only covers the MC's first year in college, so it's super easy to create happy endings, because nobody expects an ending that covers the next 50 years.

I'm 100% certain, that DPC will do BaD and the paths he created justice, so Episode 16, unless he uses 2 Episodes to cover all the endings, will have a development time of 2 years+ with 12.000-15.000 renders to leave one final statement and "never been done before" moment, no way he is gonna pass that one up.

Let's hope we are still around for it my friend, just imagine, an Episode where you can make an entire run of the mill F95 game just by using all the previews released during it's development. :D

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This one is really difficult, because with AL he wanted to shock, to get people talking and to generate interest and he succeeded.

Now with BaD, above all, he wants it to be remembered, and he will not taint his "masterpiece", like let's say Bioware did with Mass Effect, which had people going nuts and "forcing" Bioware to create a new ending.

Most college relationships don't make it all the way, so one has to always keep that in the back of ones mind, but if we ignore that for a moment, some paths certainly offer the prospect of what most would consider a "happy ending".

I think he will cover the whole range, like some stories for example Jill's, is already being setup for it so smoothly. Jill never gets tired of telling the MC that money doesn't matter to her, or that her expensive car or furniture doesn't matter to her. I can easily see - if their socioeconomic differences cause a divide between Jill and her family - that she just says "I made my choice" and then rides of into the sunset with the MC.

Also Sage's, Bella's and Zoey's story could very well lend itself to a happy ending. DPC is not going to let problems that he already dealt with reoccur, like the MC and Bella, 1 year later suddenly getting into a conflict over stuff like "Oh shit, you're 20 years older than me."

Then there are the obvious ones who lend themselves far better to not so happy endings, with Quinn being the groups frontrunner.

BaD also has one huge advantage, it only covers the MC's first year in college, so it's super easy to create happy endings, because nobody expects an ending that covers the next 50 years.

I'm 100% certain, that DPC will do BaD and the paths he created justice, so Episode 16, unless he uses 2 Episodes to cover all the endings, will have a development time of 2 years+ with 12.000-15.000 renders to leave one final statement and "never been done before" moment, no way he is gonna pass that one up.

Let's hope we are still around for it my friend, just imagine, an Episode where you can make an entire run of the mill F95 game just by using all the previews released during it's development. :D
For me the happy ending is the one from fairy tales, the famous 'happily ever after'. Such an ending seems to me unlikely for the trouple, for Sage and impossible for Bella.
Even for Jill and Maya and Josy individually, while possible, I don't see them as certain.

I am not talking about a bad ending, but about an important love story that remains a good memory, but just a memory.

Then I honestly worry about badik's ending as much as I worry about the sun going out.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
For me the happy ending is the one from fairy tales, the famous 'happily ever after'. Such an ending seems to me unlikely for the trouple, for Sage and impossible for Bella.
Even for Jill and Maya and Josy individually, while possible, I don't see them as certain.

I am not talking about a bad ending, but about an important love story that remains a good memory, but just a memory.

Then I honestly worry about badik's ending as much as I worry about the sun going out.
Yea and in that sense you are absolutely right, the fact that BaD only covers the MC's first year of college, makes fairy tale endings close to impossible.

Even when you leave the girls out of it, there are no real "fairy tale wins" for the MC. Sophomores, let alone freshman, don't become presidents of fraternities and they are also, at best, 1/3rd done with their education with 1/4th being much more likely.

So for BaD we would have to define a "happy ending" as the MC being in a stable relationship with a girl that loves him, doing well in his studies, his fraternity doing well and his dad being in good health. That's probably as far as you can go, but I believe, that those ending are very much in the cards and will happen.

As you said, looking beyond would just be unrealistic and kinda disturb the whole college feeling.

Reactions: felicemastronzo
Aug 16, 2017
I have a hunch that we might see some tragedy sooner rather than later, and there were possible signs of it in the last ep. Arieth, who was cruising through life blissfully ignorant of its trials and tribulations, now finds herself pregnant, will possibly have enough brain cells meet up to realise that the HOTs set her up to get the jocks out of town for Halloween, and thanks to the crabs and the unknown baby daddy, will be ostracised by the DIKs and, thanks to the ruined road trip, probably the jocks as well. Plus it seems she's going to fail/already failed on the exam side. That's a lot to be crashing down onto someone unprepared to take it and I wouldn't be surprised if she takes her own life or at least attempts it. It'd also be a way for DPC to not address who exactly the baby daddy is whilst maxing out the guilt among those who could be. I hope I'm wrong because to me, she's one of the high points of the game as far as amusement goes. But it wouldn't surprise me if that happened, possibly as a cliffhanger ending.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes