Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
The song titles are interesting.:rolleyes:

If you take too many drugs, you'll float "Over the horizon."
My MC will not run away from Caleb, but will “Stand and Fight”.
Somehow that sounds like Tommy “Burn you down”.
well well it looks like you were finally able to make a pretty reasonable prediction dalli_x I'm proud, you see it's easier to predict when you're not high. :Kappa:

JohnEffinDoe

Jun 11, 2017
So i haven't played this game in a long time so i forgot how things work. Once I'm done with the main game can I skip the bs interlude chapter and start playing the part 2?

Last edited:

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
So i haven't played this game in a long time so i forgot how things work. One I'm done with the main game can I skip the bs interlude chapter and start playing the part 2?
yes, you can skip the interlude and play episode 9, you won't miss much information haha. :KEK:

• Red Heart
Reactions: JohnEffinDoe

Esquaria

Jan 2, 2018
This might be unpopular opinion, but I really fucking hate punk rock/indie rock music. Then again, I am a huge hiphop head. Ep 9 was so refreshing with more dance/rap tracks. I get it the vibes and all, it's inspired by early 2000's coming of age american movies, but I honestly don't know any college kids who listen to rock these days
Sure, you're entitled to your opinion. I'd say kids these days have no taste in general.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022

All right, here we go. It's time for the final status update for episode 10.

Special Announcement
Today, I'm pleased to announce a collaboration with a punk rock band named Dirty Toy Company.

Dirty Toy Company has graciously provided songs for Being a DIK, and their song "Over the Horizon" will be the title song of Being a DIK - Season 3 going forward.

With a punk rock sound, full of heavy and melodic riffs with attitude, I'm proud to shine a spotlight on them in the game and have them elevate it with their music.

On top of "Over the Horizon", you will also hear their songs "Stand and Fight" and "Burn You Down" in the game - starting Episode 10.

Please show our new Maggot brothers a warm welcome to the DIK family.

You can support them by giving them a follow or stream on Spotify - all their social media links can be found .

Beta testing
Beta testing started this week. Testers and proofreader are hard at work.

Bugs and typos are being found and fixed, and they have an extensive checklist of things to test.

It's too early to say how things are going, as they've only had their hands on the episode for a couple of days and have just scratched the surface.

Patch information
The full game .zip file (v0.10.0) will be roughly 12 GB and the patch hovers around 5 GB.

The patch will only work on v0.9.0/v0.9.1 releases - meaning that if you only have episode Interlude, you must download the full version.

If you don't know how to patch or if this will be your first Patreon release, I'd recommend downloading the full version, with episode 10, when it releases.

If you are patching, make backup copies of your game before patching. Never patch Season 1 & 2 with Season 3 files. Doing this will corrupt your game. Treat Season 3 as a separate game, and you will avoid these problems.

Preliminary Changelog v0.10.0
I only listed the new content in this section. The full changelog will be included in the release.

-- Changelog v0.10.0 --

Added Episode 10 that includes

5868 renders

335 animations

8 2D-art pieces

4 2D-art animations

31 songs

65 sound effects

Regarding the release date announcement
As this was the final status update for episode 10, my next communication with you will be the release date announcement. It will be a December release, and I will be able to announce the date sometime this month, so stay tuned for it.

Thanks for your tremendous support and interest during this development cycle!

Big or small donations, you guys who stick with me throughout these development cycles are the MVPs.

I hope you will enjoy the upcoming episode.

Love

Dr PinkCake

P.S. If the images doesn't load, your internet is slow. Reload your browser.

Last edited:

Floki!

Feb 2, 2020
Regarding the release date announcement
As this was the final status update for episode 10, my next communication with you will be the release date announcement. It will be a December release, and I will be able to announce the date sometime this month, so stay tuned for it.
FFLAM6AX0AMuo3O.png

• Haha
Reactions: Ostap Bender

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
hope the story actually goes somewhere with this episode. instead of merely adding more loose ends, lets try tying up some of the dozens of story threads we currently have going on

although if we are having date nights with many (if not all) of the LIs, i dont think the plot is going too far with this one. that will be like 1000s of superfluous scenes, and though they will be nice in the moment, i fear that they will be seen later as nothing more than stalling out the main narrative.

i hope im wrong though

RCDL

Jan 22, 2020
hope the story actually goes somewhere with this episode. instead of merely adding more loose ends, lets try tying up some of the dozens of story threads we currently have going on

although if we are having date nights with many (if not all) of the LIs, i dont think the plot is going too far with this one. that will be like 1000s of superfluous scenes, and though they will be nice in the moment, i fear that they will be seen later as nothing more than stalling out the main narrative.

i hope im wrong though

My concern is the same, there are many "side quests" and the main story barely advances

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Perhaps you haven't been paying attention but, Ep 9 was just passed the mid-way mark of the intended story line. This is still only Ep10 about to drop. I'm not sure why you're expecting resolutions to start at this point. But typically this is where shit begins to hit the fan, not solutions being established. So I sense you might be disappointed again after this release.

I know it must be frustrating to not be able to flip to the last page and read the story ending, but it's how things are. I'm afraid you'll have to be patient for a couple more years before you start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. And you can complain all you want about how horrible Ep9 was, but like it or not it did advance the narrative some whether you agree or not. Your interpretation of what Ep9 did for you personally is irrelevant.

After Ep10 drops, you'll still have at least 6 more episodes to wait on before you get your answers to your preferred LI path. If this upsets you, then tough cookie.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
This might be unpopular opinion, but I really fucking hate punk rock/indie rock music. Then again, I am a huge hiphop head. Ep 9 was so refreshing with more dance/rap tracks. I get it the vibes and all, it's inspired by early 2000's coming of age american movies, but I honestly don't know any college kids who listen to rock these days
that's a good opinion brother but....:HideThePain:
Opinion.jpg

Last edited:

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Perhaps you haven't been paying attention but, Ep 9 was just passed the mid-way mark of the intended story line. This is still only Ep10 about to drop. I'm not sure why you're expecting resolutions to start at this point. But typically this is where shit begins to hit the fan, not solutions being established. So I sense you might be disappointed again after this release.

I know it must be frustrating to not be able to flip to the last page and read the story ending, but it's how things are. I'm afraid you'll have to be patient for a couple more years before you start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. And you can complain all you want about how horrible Ep9 was, but like it or not it did advance the narrative some whether you agree or not. Your interpretation of what Ep9 did for you personally is irrelevant.

After Ep10 drops, you'll still have at least 6 more episodes to wait on before you get your answers to your preferred LI path. If this upsets you, then tough cookie.
giphy.gif

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020

i hope im wrong though
The only plot point that can conceivably be solved before Season 4 is James. Everything else is interconnected. The sex for tuition stuff is the main thread, solving that will have massive consequences for so many staff and students (including and not limited to getting kicked out of college) that it can't be solved early, the solution for Maya's tuition is simple - once the restaurant and associated tuition is exposed she'll get one of the tuition spots with no strings attached. But for that to happen then her storyline has to be dragged on until after the sex for tuition scam is exposed, which is why I think the Burke lawyer will turn out to be Priscilla and the meeting will only prolong the storyline rather than solving it. The Vinny storyline looks to be setting up the big Season 3 cliffhanger, which will be a shot being fired and then a black screen, depending on who is in the scene it could lead to months of discussion of who has been shot and whether they are dead. It'll be the investigation into the shooting incident in Season 4 that will expose Quinn's drug dealing and associated prostitution and that the prostitutes are being paid through tuitions arranged by Burke and that he is potentially being employed to manage the scam by someone higher on the food chain.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I think Josy and Maya will fight this Ep then breakup in EP 11
I hope so. My prediction is just pessimistic because I've lost all faith in DPC giving people what they want. If I'm right, nobody wins. Saying they'll break up in Ep 10 is too optimistic. But what you're saying seems like it could be the most feasible. Again, it's just because I don't have faith in DPC to NOT drag shit out as long as possible.

Still, I'm actually wondering if there will be a way to keep the throuple intact by a choice/choices the MC makes. Those rep points for the characters seem largely underutilized after all. Also wondering if there are people who actually want the throuple and not just either solo Josy or solo Maya.

Then maybe they just automatically break up if you're not on their path. Since it's impossible for MC to influence anything outside of the relationship. It's not to say they can't have their happy ending without the MC. It's just that it feels like it'd be a waste of time for DPC to do entirely separate renders, dialogue, code just for that permutation.

It's a question of having a more "well-rounded" world that doesn't revolve around the MC versus acknowledging a lot of people just want to pursue a path with their favored characters. And while they might not neccesarily care either way or even encourage it, they wouldn't enjoy the idea of dev time going towards that at the opportunity cost of more potential scenes with specific characters. I mean, DPC's already spread thin enough as it is.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes