Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
probably just episode 9-12 are 20% of the total size and interlude about 10%... how are you doing in school?
So episodes 9-12, that 4 episodes at 20%. That's 4 x 20% = 80%.

Interlude = 10%.

Put them all together, 80% + 10% = 100%. Wait what?

How are you doing in school?

Reactions: ZenoMod

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Who the fuck talks about relationship paths, we all know those are the last ones resolved in this genre? Its about everything else that has dragged so long that no one cares anymore apart from wanting them done.
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-9-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-9692116
What a strange reaction to have. You fishing out that well detailed, over thought-out list of somewhat legit questions. None-the-less, that list pretty much adds weight to my own reply of mid-story episodes usually cause more wreckage than solutions. In a sense I should say thank you. But let's go trough it together shall we? I mean you clearly spent some time fishing that post out, it would be rude of me to ignore it. :cool:

Why was Bella imagining James while dancing and having fun with the mc?
If you ask me, this is a stupid question, and only put in this list only to bloat it up. Clearly Bella is reminiscing of her earlier days with her first love and finding similar feelings towards the MC. Bella hints towards this at the end of the episode when she explains why she feels like she could go on dancing all night.

So this first question is basically a stupid one, and shouldn't even be in this list.

Who threw the power breaker during the Halloween party (most likely Vinnie, but we don't know for certain)?
A Legitimate question, of which the answer is most likely Vinny, unless he has a secret stooge within the DIKs. I doubt it but it is a very legitimate question to have.

Who was the creepy girl with the lion doll during the blackout?
Second legitimate question..

What the fuck happened to Brawler?
Second stupid question! DPC had announced the change in brawler mechanics and that it was going to be disabled for episode 9. And has nothing to do with anything in the episode or the story. Whoever wrote this list must love the sound of his keyboard clicking (or in real life, must love the sound of his own voice).

What's Nick gonna do about seeing Bella and mc making out after she leaves his room in the morning?
Third legit question. I think this one will have something to do with your standing with the DIK's, if you've been cool with them or a total cunt to them (referring to the DIK RP points you accumulate). As well as if you were cool with Nick at moments like at the PinkRose frat party where you go all out and have your cock signed by Nicole. You get the chance to cheer Nick up by paying him a lapdance. Or when you speak with him about work schedules after working at the old folks home. etc etc.

How's Tommy gonna react to finding the mc is fucking his sister?
Legit question but easy answer, so was it really worth asking it?

Was that a security camera that Derek found, and who put it there and why?
First part of that question is dumb. if I was 12, my reply here would have been an automatic "Duh!".

What was in that bottle marked "Don't drink" that the mc served up to Sally?
Legit question that could have some very significant repercussions.

Is Leon gay?
Seriously? Who the fuck worries about this one?

Did Bella determine that the mc cheated on his test (if you chose to cheat)?
Legit...

Will Riona confront Quinn about her lying to Tommy, using Riona as a scapegoat for her financial losses?
Not a question that is important to me, but still a very legit question to ask. And in case you're wondering, I do not think it is a very good question to ask as I doubt it would advance the narrative where the MC is concerned.

Who was the mystery girl in the demon face outfit that the mc flirts with at the Moose bar?
Finally another impactful question to ask....

What will the repercussions of the relationship cheat tally be?
Another stupid question. Why don't you ask the Burkes that one....

Will Jill's lawyer finally be able to help Maya? Will he be more expensive than the actual college tuition?
This concerns Maya, saying it is a waste of time to contemplate would be the easy reply. When Jill's lawyer won't be able to do shit for Maya, all Jill needs to do is fork out a small fraction of her weekly allowance and pay for her fucking tuition and finally Maya can shut the fuck up!

Is Tybalt actively trying to piss Jill off, or is he just trying to get her attention? What more will come of her dumping him?
Really? I mean seriously??
What a fucking dumb question.
And to answer the last bit of this one, about what will come out of her rejecting Tybalt is; it will bring a fuckton of hilarity.

Is a foursome with Maya, Josy and Sage brewing?
This wouldn't advance any part of the story. This supposition only cries out "I WANT AN ORGY!!!! WAAA WAAA!!", but that's speaking from my perspective so, sorry about that.

Why did Sally kiss the mc's chest when he caught her stumbling through the hallway? When will they fuck?
Clearly she has hidden feelings for the MC. Or at least some fantasies about him, and it took the "rohypnol" Derek was brewing to get it out of her.

When will Zoey and the mc fuck?
They already have. And if you're on the solo path and align with her own alignment I'd say it'll certainly happen again in ep 10. So not a very good question.

Will the mc cheat on Jill with Bianca (Bianca looks into it, her words and that lip bite when he grabs her ass in the photo shoot)?
MC had the option to fuck anything that moved prior to all this and now that we have "temptation points" since ep9, that question shouldn't even be asked..

What will Jill do now that she knows Bianca's husband is cheating on her?
Of course Jill will do all she can to help her friend out, and that includes spending a lot of time with her along with the MC. And as soon as Jill's back is turned, Boom! Bianca will be gaping from every hole she has. Are we playing the same VN here?

What was in the safe that Quinn's dad showed her when she was little?
Finally a great question.

What was Vinnie doing / looking for in the mc's room?
Good question.

What was Avery talking about when she thought the mc was Tara under the sheet?
Good question

Will DPC continue to do long, meaningless animations that delay the future releases by months?
No! he heard everyone's pleas' and cries and has listened to reason and will backtrack on that one.
Okay, I'm sorry for my sarcasm there, but yeah, a pretty fucking dumb question...

=====================================

So out of all of those I estimate 11 of those are useless questions (Answers in Orange). 10 of them are at the core of the story which are excellent questions (answers in green). And 3 of those (in yellow) that are questionable if they actually will have a story impact or not.

There were many other things that would be interesting to debate about. But frankly, we're just a couple of weeks (give or take a few days) from having more questions arise with possible elaborations to some of these questions. And that list felt like I was being tortured and forced to watch MSNBC for 10 mins until I'd fall into total submission. So not worth getting into in my opinion. But claiming an over bloated amount of questions arise than there really are is a waste of everyone's time.
:cool:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
What a strange reaction to have. You fishing out that well detailed, over thought-out list of somewhat legit questions. None-the-less, that list pretty much adds weight to my own reply of mid-story episodes usually cause more wreckage than solutions. In a sense I should say thank you. But let's go trough it together shall we? I mean you clearly spent some time fishing that post out, it would be rude of me to ignore it. :cool:
But claiming an over bloated amount of questions arise than there really are is a waste of everyone's time.
:cool:
Every thing in that post have been questions asked and debated in this thread when they were current.

We have the Cathy and the jocks plots since early season 1 if you think that it's a good idea to drag every minor plot and then exposition dump on the player in last episode of the series, where everyone is more concerned with relationships than dpc manufactured drama you are smoking the good stuff and I want the name of your supplier.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
I am very certain the release date announcement will happen on Wednesday or Thursday.
I think he will bring the date when it becomes more or less clear how the beta test is progressing. If a lot of issues and flaws will be find, then all of them have to be fixed either way. The more troubles and obstacles - the later announce of the release date and vice versa.

Reactions: dalli_x

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Figured i'd do some charts since we've got at least a two week wait. These are based on the weeks production was completed and not the release week. Week 1 is the first Friday after a release. The final week is when the last static or animation is confirmed. I don't include Interlude in this as it's shorter duration makes the data less obvious to look at.

This therefore doesnt include any beta testing period, but would include the steam build, as this takes place after a release and some rendering probably takes place alongside it.

Still per Episode
1700314757796.png

Episode 10 alone has about 2000 fewer renders than all of season 1.

Animations per Episode
1700314870726.png

Animations had been steadily increasing but dipped after episode 8. I think this is because he started counting the long animations as 1 where as previously he counted the individual shots making up longer animations.

Average Weekly still Production
1700315294572.png

This is interesting as the last two episodes have the lowest, and 3rd lowest, average weekly still production, despite there being far more stills compared to previous episodes. This is probably somewhat explained by the increase in Animations.

Average Weekly Animation Production
1700315563935.png

This is a little unclear due to the reporting of longer animations and how they are counted. However to take the numbers at face value, episode 1 is the only episode with a lower per week animation total than 10, though 2 is very close. Average animations per week for episode 11 are hard to predict since presumably all animations will be 60 fps but also the 4080's will be in use for the duration. When DPC says the increased frame rate hasn't effected production time, this is almost certainly untrue. I beleive episode 7 & 8 were the first episodes to use the 3090's, episode 9 changes the way animations were counted and then episode 10 has a mix of 60 fps and 30fps using 3090's and 4090's.

In the 7 weeks between September 29th and November 17th 66 animations were rendered, this was at an average of 9.43 a week. Much of this increase is probably down to the fact that all three systems were focused on animations as the statics were done earlier, it is also probably the case that the animations didn't include any of the long form ones DPC talked about earlier in development. In other words it seems likely that one system with a 4080 can do around 3 60 fps animations a week, that means 6-9 is probably the most optimistic we can be. Which brings me on to this...

Season Comparisons - Season Comparisons
1700318664270.png 1700318676319.png 1700319360445.png
Season 3 is less than 2767 still renders short of the season 2 total, with two episodes to go. This will end up being more than double season 1.

Season 2 had more than 2.5 times the animations of season 1. Season 3 nearly has 2/3 as many animations as season 2 at the half way point.

However this is where things get "really interesting". Production weeks for season 3 are already higher than season 2. Season 3 already has 88 production weeks while season 2 had 87. In other words in basically the same amount of time DPC has produced 2767 fewer still renders and 289 fewer animations (With the caveat this may be a less drastic differnce with the long animation calculation change taken into account).

However even if we presume the long form animations accounts for the difference, he'd still be down 2767 statics in the same time frame.

Production has undeniably slowed, and while I do think quality has increased i'm not sure it's by enough to justify this.
1700320094499.png

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Every thing in that post have been questions asked and debated in this thread when they were current.

We have the Cathy and the jocks plots since early season 1 if you think that it's a good idea to drag every minor plot and then exposition dump on the player in last episode of the series, where everyone is more concerned with relationships than dpc manufactured drama you are smoking the good stuff and I want the name of your supplier.
I didn't bother cutting down all of the episodes, because that's how "suspense" work. Also I suspect that his earlier compilations are also filled with more stupid questions. And as I pointed out at the end of my reply, we're too close to the next update for me to even care a 'wittle' bit about them.

And I still don't get why you're getting so bent out of shape about my opinion on all of it. Why is this so damn personal to you?
Would me saying "oh you're right, your divine take on it is sublime, silly of me to question it and have my own opinions". Are you for real? or just having a bad week?

All this shit before you jumped in was all in good fun and banter, you seem to be fishing to elevate this to a whole new level of personal. Which I'm not going to do. Move on already, bro! Sheesh!

Makrillo

Feb 16, 2020

Interlude = 10%.

Maths are hard :D
Either way, point still being that the interlude probably not considered as big as the actual episodes.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023

Interlude = 10%.

Hmm, I wonder if DPC is planning another 10% Interlude-like scene for a Spring break episode 12 or 13. Wouldn't that be dandy? I mean clearly everyone loved Ep9's interlude.. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, I wouldn't put it passed DPC. :unsure:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I didn't bother cutting down all of the episodes, because that's how "suspense" work. Also I suspect that his earlier compilations are also filled with more stupid questions. And as I pointed out at the end of my reply, we're too close to the next update for me to even care a 'wittle' bit about them.

And I still don't get why you're getting so bent out of shape about my opinion on all of it. Why is this so damn personal to you?
Would me saying "oh you're right, your divine take on it is sublime, silly of me to question it and have my own opinions". Are you for real? or just having a bad week?

All this shit before you jumped in was all in good fun and banter, you seem to be fishing to elevate this to a whole new level of personal. Which I'm not going to do. Move on already, bro! Sheesh!
You took issue with people being disappointed with Ep9 plot development and said that they are wrong, then came my answer, thats how public forums work. Why were you so bent out of shape about people saying ep9 was garbage from anything other than a technical aspect? :unsure:

Reactions: SomboSteel

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You took issue with people being disappointed with Ep9 plot development and said that they are wrong, then came my answer, thats how public forums work. Why were you so bent out of shape about people saying ep9 was garbage from anything other than a technical aspect? :unsure:
Well, he never gave me shit over it and I absolutely hated it. Maybe he just picks out the people outright talking shit and not just saying their opinions?

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes