ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
They both forgave each other for cheating pretty fucking quickly. They didn't work that shit out at all. There will be trust issues, guaranteed! :cautious:
also , let's not forget that, they had days to come clean to each other, and they didnt until MC confronted them :whistle:.
and at the end of episode 9 already laid out the foundation for future jealousy, considering that they start counting how many times they had sex with MC without the other presence:cautious:

Reactions: sampow

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You don't give a shit about J&M. That's okay, I have no problem with that. So you play like that too. You are not on their path and rejoice so that they fight. OK.
To be honest, you're right. I only give a shit about Rio and I give half a shit about Zoey. But, you stay blind to the issues that J&M are having. Others that ARE on their path see what's going on. Not sure why you don't, bro. But I don't rejoice, I just don't care.

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
I know it is super subjective but I'm also on the team who thinks Maya's new hair looks terrible. I mean she is a beautiful blonde alright. Cute girl for sure. The question is why does she torture herself with that awful hairstyle? :FacePalm::HideThePain:

View attachment 3111121
Fixed it for you

Jos.jpg

I want to see some mysteries solved, mostly:

- who posted Cathy's picture,

- who blackmailed Chad,

- what's the link between Jill's family and MC's mother,

- who are MC's grandparents,

- what happened to Bella's marriage,

- why Jill and Bella are so close,

- who the hell is Priscilla (the woman Burke called after he dismissed Maya in episode 9),

- who really knocked up Arieth?

- who put the cameras in DIK's mansion,

- who cheated in the exams? will there be consequences?

- will Tybbie marry his beloved watermelon?
My dude, we still have at least 6 more episodes to go. You have to build that shit up and not just drop it in one episode just because y'all are impatient.

But yeah, I've also been wondering about watermelon marriage. That one is crucial.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
also , let's not forget that, they had days to come clean to each other, and they didnt until MC confronted them :whistle:.
and at the end of episode 9 already laid out the foundation for future jealousy, considering that they start counting how many times they had sex with MC without the other presence:cautious:
Maya didn't have much to add to that, kind of wish Josy told her all the times she fuck MC

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
DPC takes a long time, but no ones delivers updates as big as him. He probably could updatae every 6 months if he divided each episode, but those updates wouldn't be as good as a complete one.
Still, a minimum of $5 monthly pledge makes a minimum of $60 per episode, and having the episode with a delay of TWO WEEKS is an instigation to piracy...

One single episode is not worth $60. Not of this VN nor of any other.

And DPC seems to be aware of that because currently on Steam the bundle of "Acting Lessons" + "BaD Season 1" + "BaD Season 2" is sold at less than 28 Euros (about 30.60 USD).

---

It's not a problem of DPC only.

It's a problem of every developer on Patreon.

They can't possibly ask their patrons to pay FOR A SINGLE EPISODE more than twice what they charge for TWO SEASONS of the finished product!

Because they are exploiting patrons as producers when it comes to pay expenses, but they are not treated as producers anymore when it comes to sharing revenues!
That's simply unfair.

---

Basically patrons are paying developers so that they can work as they like without having to respond neither to a boss nor to their patreons, and what do they get in return at the end of the development?

That they have paid $1000 to play one episode per year of a game which the general public can buy two seasons of for $30 and play it all in a row without infinite wait.

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
so as we can see a perfekt example for a scamming admin..
the game is on steam.. and no more updates.. last update 1 year ago .....he made enough money on steam so why bother tomake an update

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
so as we can see a perfekt example for a scamming admin..
the game is on steam.. and no more updates.. last update 1 year ago .....he made enough money on steam so why bother tomake an update
This post is a perfect example of something, alright.

BaDIK steam releases are done when a seson worth of the game (typically, 4 episodes) gets completed. There was in fact an update regarding the Steam build literally a week ago:

NEWS
POSTED
Sat, November 18

Season 3 is ~60% complete!

dikseason3.jpg

Today, I can announce that the Episode 10 development is complete and the episode is being beta tested.

With the completion of Episode 10, Season 3 now stands at ~60% total completion.

Currently, Season 3 consists of Episode Interlude, Episodes 9 and 10.
Episodes 11 & 12 remain to be developed before Season 3 is complete.

Season 3 is roughly 12 GB today, including 12,000 images, 700 animated scenes, and 80 new songs.
Season 3 is already comparable to Season 2 in size and content, even when two episodes remain to be developed.

Among the improvements you'll discover in Season 3, you'll find an overall higher image and animation quality. I've also developed new exciting mini-games for this season.

Thanks for your support and patience while I'm putting all my efforts into developing the best game I can create.

Love
Dr PinkCake

Reactions: JiiEf

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
This post is a perfect example of something, alright.

BaDIK steam releases are done when a seson worth of the game (typically, 4 episodes) gets completed. There was in fact an update regarding the Steam build literally a week ago:
Yeah. I took that as a kick in the nuts. "Steam users are plebs. If you were on my Patreon, you'd be playing the latest episodes!" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: bloodyasura

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yeah. I took that as a kick in the nuts. "Steam users are plebs. If you were on my Patreon, you'd be playing the latest episodes!" :ROFLMAO:
But the alternative would be what, for him to sell incomplete "seasons" at full season price as some sort of 5-year long "early access" with people whining in the comments how it's taking him a year for update to come out and what a scam it is... or making a new release for each released episode?

I think the way he handles it right now is probably the most practical.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
But the alternative would be what, for him to sell incomplete "seasons" at full season price as some sort of 5-year long "early access" with people whining in the comments how it's taking him a year for update to come out and what a scam it is... or making a new release for each released episode?

I think the way he handles it right now is probably the most practical.
I'm not saying I don't agree. Because I do agree. But it felt like he was rubbing it in our faces.

Reactions: ffive

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I think there's a misunderstanding.

Not having freeroaming does not necessarily imply using different locations for different branches.

DPC could have had Episode 9 in the same exact location, with the same exact rendering and the same exact dialogues that could have been reused among multiple branches, but just sparing us the useless effort to do forced clicks here and there like trained monkeys.

I mean, at the first part of free roaming of Episode 9 your tasks are
- find your sword
- talk to Jamie
- talk to Sally
- talk to Rusty
Plus the optional tasks
- Talk to Zoey
- Talk to Derek
- Talk to the Girls

To carry out these tasks you have to explore the mansion in order to find things and people.

This exploring could provide a little ( 5% - 10% max ) more fun than normal playthrough on the first run, but it's just a trained monkey chore when replaying to explore different branches.

Besides, it's just an illusion of freedom of exploration, because those tasks MUST be completed in order the game to progress, and the order in which you chose to perform them is irrilevant.

So it would be much better if the exact same rendering and dialogues with their choice menu were presented to the player in a fixed order in normal playthrough rather than forcing the user to click here and there to activate them.

Then the already seen contents would be completely skippable with Fast Forward.

Instead, between one FF and the other, we are forced to click here and there like trained monkeys. Possibly with the "darkness effect" like in the "haunted mansion" which makes sense ONLY THE FIRST TIME.

Giving up freeroaming, DPC would have had less coding effort, since freeroaming is just more complicated than a plain sequential playthrough branching only after menus... which is the basic way to use Ren'Py.

Freeroaming:
- for the Dev is more complicated to code
- for the Player might slightly improve the first run experience while significantly worsening all the subsequent replays.

---

Since we have 5 major branches and the vast majority of players would like to see them all (but without each time re-solving already solved puzzles...) a better user experience would be achieved if (alternatively):

1) a variable is memorized in "persistent" so that once the player has "found the sword" or "found the keg tap" or "found character X" he is not expected to redo these chores over and over in the next gameplays and he is directly jumped to the SKIPPABLE diaolgues

- OR, if option 1) is too technically complicated -

2) freeroaming is just dropped at once! In this way coding is simpler, and user experience is golobally better for the vast majority of us that would like to play all the 5 branches but give up because of the forced clicks to redo already done chores over and over...
Hmm, so is what you're saying is that it's a matter of HOW to do these big events that include everyone rather than individual events for specific characters vs free roams in general?

If so, then I think I agree with that. It doesn't really seem like that much of a time sink in regards to still images. It'll still take the same amount of time to pose and render them. Plus, if it's all in the same location the assets will all be the same and he was already going to need to write/plan those scenes out anyway in free roam. Also yea, from a glance it really does seem like it'd take less coding effort. There's an argument made that he just copied and pasted code from other free roams but seems kind of iffy. He'd still have to sort through it to make it all works and add things that are relevant to that episode's free roam.

I don't want to put words in Takkatakka 's mouth but it seems like his argument is that it's not a matter of HOW to do the big events that encompass all the characters. It's more that DPC uses the big events to cover all the possible branches without having to do it in different settings, choosing assets, etc for smaller, individual events. Like the water park with Maya and Josy or restaurant date with Bella.

But what you're saying is that DPC could still do the big events rather than the individual events and it's just a matter of the method he uses, right? I'm just trying to make sure we're all on the same page here.

Last edited:
Reactions: KaiserST

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I want to see some mysteries solved, mostly:

- who posted Cathy's picture,

- who blackmailed Chad,

- what's the link between Jill's family and MC's mother,

- who are MC's grandparents,

- what happened to Bella's marriage,

- why Jill and Bella are so close,

- who the hell is Priscilla (the woman Burke called after he dismissed Maya in episode 9),

- who really knocked up Arieth?

- who put the cameras in DIK's mansion,

- who cheated in the exams? will there be consequences?

- will Tybbie marry his beloved watermelon?
So i agree that we need serious progress overall... but i dont demand "conclusion" on so many levels, cause there are still at least 6 episodes left. But we need progress... just played the Jill path again (Jill path is my favorite love route, Josy my favorite girl) And i mean, fuck... MC pinned the picture of jill AND his mom on the same fucking wall near each other and isnt even aware thats the same building in the back :D Thats just... i cant even talk about it.

So we need ANYTHING in that regard, and if its just that MCs asks some questions. I dont need answers, but man... DPC needs to remove the blinders from MCs eyes.

So point for point

- Cathy picture... dont think we will get something there until Cathy returns. I dont think this will be the case until the end of Season 3. I would say, its ok, cause revealing the traitor who stole the laptop is a big thing and i cant imagine it will be revealed before the start of season 4. MAYBE at the very end of season 3, but even then it feels to soon for that. But some "investigation" in that regard has to be done. Cause lets face it, so much shit was going on already but pretty much everythign was just dropped without mentioned again in a dialogue... thats just odd.

- Chad blackmail... well, yeah, at least some talk about it has to be done. Like... MC asks Chad "hey man, whats going on with you, i know everything, and i think thats the reason why you assaulted me, so... talk to me" or something like that, especially since its possible to be "cool" with him along the way.

- link between Jills and Lynettes family, yeah we need some REAL infos here, i mean... come on MC, look at the pictures... and of course, it has to be done that he meets Jills parents. So there is no way around it to get something here. If this is not solved or at least seriously touched, it would be ridiculous. But its a Jill Path only thing. Without being on her path there is not the picture taken, no meeting with her parents and so there is no link so far between their familys for now that could come up. For that DPCs needs to add something more. But it could be easily done even without Jills path. Like Jill could meet with MC in his room (no need for her being on the love route for that, they are friends no matter what) and see the picture of his mother.

- MCs grandparents? Should pretty much be solved with the Jills family link. Especially considered the picture taken of Jill compared to Lynettes picture.

- Bellas merriage... another "blinders" case regarding MC... starting a serious relationship with Bella without even talking about that felt really off to me. Which is the reason why the Bella path is my least favorite. It doesnt make sense to me for now... fooling around with her? yep, anything more than that? At this point? Doesnt work for me. This should have been a solved case long ago, at least with ep 8 before getting serious with her. It already feels to late now, but yeah, DPC has to give us something here, not a whole solution, but at least something.

- Jill/Bella relationship... ahhh... i dont know... that needs some boiling up for now. If you choose Bella but dated Jill at the same time (aka Heartbroken Jill Route) its going down a potential threesome route or at least competing route here. So for that the Jill/Bella relationship will be important. Other than that? Why should the MC care? So its not something that will be touched now i think. And doesnt need to be touched for now. Iam curious, but its not something that matters that much for now.

- Priscilla at least needs an introduction i think. Maybe in the end at the episode... my guess? She is a Burgmeister.

- who really knocked up arieth... well, i couldnt care less, but it will be a baby with at least 9 heads. Lets face it, half the college could be the father. Fuck i only can rule out MC and derek so far :D But as ia said, i couldnt care less. And only a DNA test will clear this up. Buuuut.... well... for that it takes more or less 100 different tests? :D Dont think that will happen ;)

- cameras... we will not get a solution here, this is something that will be revealed near the end of the game. But of course, it has to be a huge topic in ep 10. and some actions have to take place to "secure" the dik house.

- exams and cheating... well... i always wondered... whats the point in the tests and so on? Will there ever be any consequences if you cheat, or fail? Only for that i made some playthorughs where i always cheated and one where i always failed... most of the time i used the walkthrough of course. And, i never played a single playthrough with minigames disabled, so... are there even any tests if you disable the minigames? OF course the midterm exam is a major choice, its always there. So yeah, it should be solved in ep 10 cause classes are starting again. So far i never saw any difference if i failed classes or were good in them, i didnt matter so far... which is a little disappointing.

- tybalt and his melon.... well... i couldnt care less, sorry, the whole character doesnt give me anything, not even to joke about. The only time i enjoyed something regarding Tybald in the game was during his presentation if you hit his teeth out and made a dick-pic beforehand. Thats about it. All the other times, i couldnt even laugh at him. Dawe is much more fun to mock. I need a tybalt break.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes