allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Your post is very interesting, some people hate the freeroams since they either just want to skip to the lewds scenes (use the gallery) or hate repeating the same tasks many times (a fair complaint)

While it's true that repeating tasks on freeroams, specially in ones as big as the party in episode 9, gets tiring and boring after a few times they (freeroams) are a way to do different paths without having to make fully diferent paths.

If there wasn't any freeroams, every single path would demand specific scenes that while would be simpler to code, would demand more planing in writing, choosing assests, posing and rendering.

Updates are already talking a full year to make, imagine the wait times if DPC had that extra work, it would simply be too much.

Now, your suggestions aren't bad, if we had the option to skip those repeating tasks it would surely help people who want to see all paths.
I might be misinterpreting things but it seems like he's saying "Keep the big events that encompass all the branches instead of individual events with each branch, just lose the free roam part". So in this case, free roams aren't synonymous with those big events. It's more about the method on how to do them.

So instead of "Go get the sword" and clicking around to find it. It could just be "The party started: I found my sword, did this, did that." Then using conditional statements to have you jump to the corresponding path label and you go from there.

Although except for maybe the writing and choosing assets part, I'm still not entirely convinced it'd take that much longer for individual events. I think Halloween was an exception and he'll go back to smaller free roams/individual events with each branch in Ep 10.

I think a better solution would have been to just NOT make those mandatory tasks part of the free roam. It seems like that's people's main gripe. In some cases, free roams allow more freedom and flexibility in regards to optional tasks that can change the story a little. Otherwise, a menu would be popping up every minute like "Take picture with Riona: Yes or No", "Take picture with Quinn: Yes or No" all while being on someone else's path like Sage. Or his only other option would be to just skip all that variability entirely.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
The best thing about the poly relationship between me, Josy, Maya, Riona & Sage
Is the fact that we will all love each other equally
It won't be a harem because that implies a leader

We will all be together in a very loving & equal relationship
We will make every important decision as a family

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
I like that many characters have their own agenda (some more than others), and that their whole world doesn't revolve around the mc. Knowing past relationships etc. does add to that mix of information. For players that have sided with Quinn, knowing that Vinny (finally one of the main antagonists) was her previous boyfriend, or at least that they fucked, does complicate things, in an interesting way. Will it matter? Don't know. But I like that it's there. We don't need every characters' entire sexual history, but there are some that could matter.
THE only virgin with no hint of having fucked anyone before mc IS Bella; That is a virgin woman lol. Who wants to play a game with virgin girls, All girls on college should fuck. I find it funny how men wants to belittle women based on their sex life. They have the rights to fuck as much as us and they have the right to have a past sexy life lol.

I prefer a woman with experience and who knows how to fuck than a woman who can't even give a proper blowjob.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Ok, but if you don't want to have a boss, you still have to work in a way that attracts customers.

The assumption that if piracy didn't exist people here would be forced to pledge on Patreon is wrong.
Not with one year or more per episode and a minimum pledge of $5 that makes a minimum price of $60 per single episode, that is $600 for Episode 1 to 10 and what? At least $1000 for all the four seasons???

Come on!
Those prices are just for a few wealthy people. Regular people can't afford such an expense for a VN, not even for the best one.

With these monthly fees and this development speed (slowness), should he smack piracy down he just would remain with the same patreons he has today (minus those he bans) and he would not earn a cent more.
Eh, you could always just only pay for Patreon during the month the update releases. That's what I used to do. It's like what $25 once a year for part of a game? Easier on the wallet and still more than fair for the dev in my opinion.

Plus, it's not that I even care about the wait all that much anymore. I've grown kind of indifferent to it. I just want it to not suck when it does come out. Otherwise, just kind of feels like a lot of hot air and nothing of substance.

And to clarify, I don't think Ep 9 sucked that's not what I'm saying at all. I definitely didn't like it and I still dread the thought of replaying it but I didn't like Ep 8 more. It was just way too hyped up for what it was. Both before and after the release. The giant free roam was hell but what I didn't like more was that a lot of the relationships and story lines didn't progress that much or hit the pause button.

What I mean by "not sucking" is that I don't want the writing to get worse. Ep 8 lowered my expectations and Ep 9 more or less confirmed my lowered expectations. As long as it doesn't get any worse, I'll consider it a good update. I'm not going to McDonald's and expecting real chicken in my chicken nuggets. Same logic. Everyone's here thinking I'm complaining about Chick-Fil-A and being disappointed about not getting a steak. Nah, I'm talking about a lower standard entirely now. I'm just saying it's going to be a decent meal if I don't find a hair in my McChicken.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "not sucked". I probably should've said as long as it's "decent".

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
That's what I'm saying though and I've got no qualms in saying it. :ROFLMAO:
I've more or less made my peace with it. Doesn't mean I want to play it again (even though I'll have to at some point) which makes me indifferent to Ep 10's release date since I still have the huge barrier of Ep 9 to hurdle over. But free McDonald's is free McDonald's. I'm not paying them Chick-Fil-A prices anymore. No, sir.

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
I don't want to put words in Takkatakka 's mouth but it seems like his argument is that it's not a matter of HOW to do the big events that encompass all the characters. It's more that DPC uses the big events to cover all the possible branches without having to do it in different settings, choosing assets, etc for smaller, individual events. Like the water park with Maya and Josy or date restaurant date with Bella.

But what you're saying is that DPC could still do the big events rather than the individual events and it's just a matter of the method he uses, right? I'm just trying to make sure we're all on the same page here.
Yeah, exactly.

Episode 9 could be redone with exactly the same setting and using exactly the same renderings and dialogues.
Just avoiding the forced clicks to progress from Scene A to Scene B when those scene are obliged to progress in the game.

If I must to talk with Jamie, Sally, Rusty in order the story to progress, I'd prefere that the scenes representing those three dialogues comes automatically one after the other, not that I am forced to navigate the entire mansion to find where they are... This roaming looking for this or that character is not "free" roaming at all: it is actually a forced roaming because you must find the three characters and talk to them.

About the optional tasks in the phone, it would be better if "talk to X" were clickable and clicking it made the talking scene display, instead of forcing again another navigation in the mansion to find the character.

---

During the party many characters change room, which is cool... What is not cool is that the player during the party is forced to explore all the mansion (at least) three times just to find where DPC decided to place each character in this phase of the party.

That wouldn't be bothersome if it had to be done ONCE, but since to play all five main branches you have to do it FIVE TIMES plus many other times for the sub-branches... it's just uselessly booooring.

Remember we can START Episode 9 on 5 branches:
1) Sage
2) Bella
3) Jill
4) Josy & Maya
5) Others

and for each of these 5 main branches, Episode 9 gets more than one sub-branch according to the decisions made in Episode 9.

Besides you can be on each of the 5 main branches with different affinities (and this affects what you can or cannot choose in Episode 9), so even the 5 starting main branches actually has sub-branches themselves.

---

So if you want to see all the contents you have to play Episode 9 at least fifteen times if not more (I played it a few times and still I have some locked scene in the gallery)... and at each run having to explore the whole mansion three times just to look for characters and see mostly already seen contents il just boring.

Without freeroaming the same exact scenes would automatically come one after the other and so they would be automatically skippable via Tab key which would stop just at menus and if a new choice (or another save using as start of Episode 9) leads to new contents.

This way seeing all contents of all possible branches/sub-branches would be quicker and so more enjoyable.

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
Does anyone have 'others' path walkthrough/save at the start of last episode?

In the attached archive it is the 102-6-LT1.save file; the one named "Dik Hots and Sides".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I didn't make these saves (I just moved them from page 2 to page 102 by changing the first number in the file name, to avoid conflict with my previous saves).

I don't remember the user who firstly shared these. I couldn't find their post since the "find" function on the forum sucks, so I just reuploaded the copy I downloaded month ago.

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
my game always crashes at beginning of 9.1. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Hard to tell if you don't share the error message.

There should be a file named traceback.txt in the base directory (the directory in which the executable is).

(Maybe I won't be able to help you even once I see that file, but maybe someone will be able. Without it... nobody can guess)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Your post is very interesting, some people hate the freeroams since they either just want to skip to the lewds scenes (use the gallery) or hate repeating the same tasks many times (a fair complaint)

While it's true that repeating tasks on freeroams, specially in ones as big as the party in episode 9, gets tiring and boring after a few times they (freeroams) are a way to do different paths without having to make fully diferent paths.

If there wasn't any freeroams, every single path would demand specific scenes that while would be simpler to code, would demand more planing in writing, choosing assests, posing and rendering.

Updates are already talking a full year to make, imagine the wait times if DPC had that extra work, it would simply be too much.

Now, your suggestions aren't bad, if we had the option to skip those repeating tasks it would surely help people who want to see all paths.
I don't really agree about this story that freeroams are NECESSARY when a story takes many ramifications

freeroams only change the way in which content is accessed in the game, but they don't reduce the amount of content, in the end the content for each individual "room" will be there the same, only instead of accessing them sequentially by clicking anywhere on the screen, they will only be activated if after doing something we go to that particular room

the content needed for the story is exactly the same, not one render more, not one render less

I give a practical example to explain myself better: when we need to find beer for the party with freeroam we have to click randomly on all the rooms or go to the sure thing after asking Tommy, without freeroam at some point after a certain dialogue by clicking we would be in the room where the beer is.

personally, after DPC solved the problem of navigating between rooms with randomly placed arrows, I find the freeroams a pleasant distraction, and if the tasks are story-driven also quite enjoyable, e.g. when the alarm for Cathy's picture goes off, looking for Rusty's laptop makes sense.

the huge freeroam, or rather the 3 freeroams set in the same place, of the last chapter, on the other hand, was not so enjoyable, both because the fact that the setting remained the same made me claustrophobic, but mostly because the tasks to be tackled were for the most part unrelated to what was going on, a constant having to look for person to talk about who knows what for who knows what reason

as in almost all things it is not a matter of black or white, but of balance

KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018
Still, a minimum of $5 monthly pledge makes a minimum of $60 per episode, and having the episode with a delay of TWO WEEKS is an instigation to piracy...

One single episode is not worth $60. Not of this VN nor of any other.

And DPC seems to be aware of that because currently on Steam the bundle of "Acting Lessons" + "BaD Season 1" + "BaD Season 2" is sold at less than 28 Euros (about 30.60 USD).

---

It's not a problem of DPC only.

It's a problem of every developer on Patreon.

They can't possibly ask their patrons to pay FOR A SINGLE EPISODE more than twice what they charge for TWO SEASONS of the finished product!

Because they are exploiting patrons as producers when it comes to pay expenses, but they are not treated as producers anymore when it comes to sharing revenues!
That's simply unfair.

---

Basically patrons are paying developers so that they can work as they like without having to respond neither to a boss nor to their patreons, and what do they get in return at the end of the development?

That they have paid $1000 to play one episode per year of a game which the general public can buy two seasons of for $30 and play it all in a row without infinite wait.
Tell me you don't understand the Patreon model, without telling me you don't understand the Patreon model.

It's not about buying the product, it's about supporting the creator.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
I've more or less made my peace with it. Doesn't mean I want to play it again (even though I'll have to at some point) which makes me indifferent to Ep 10's release date since I still have the huge barrier of Ep 9 to hurdle over. But free McDonald's is free McDonald's. I'm not paying them Chick-Fil-A prices anymore. No, sir.
the best thing is not to get carried away by expectations and keep calm. :HideThePain:
Ha.jpg

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes