bloodyasura

Jul 17, 2020
He brings it on himself he is a bully,blackmailer, selfish and lacks the ability to relate to people on a personal level. I don't really feel sorry for people that get shot in the foot when they the one that pull the damn trigger :ROFLMAO:
I gotta get in this shit, damn it! :HideThePain:
We all know Tybalt was adopted by Jade, who didn’t want him, and by that guy who seems like a total dick?
And I think all adults here should understand the role of parents in shaping the character and personality of the child?
And of course, even if you’re not raised well, you can take it in your head and make it right, but you have to grow up a little and realize that your behavior and your personality in general are not very decent.
But Tybalt, what? 22? 21? What can he understand?:WeSmart:
Although I don’t know how old he was adopted or why he doesn’t have parents.
I’m not going to generalize, but you have to understand that in foster homes or foster homes, there’s an even smaller chance that you’re going to find people who can help you form the right identity.
So... Tybalta’s probably more pathetic than you feel for him, some kind of hatred.
He’s definitely a jerk, but is he to blame? I doubt it.:HideThePain:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
We all know Tybalt was adopted by Jade, who didn’t want him, and by that guy who seems like a total dick?
And I think all adults here should understand the role of parents in shaping the character and personality of the child?
And of course, even if you’re not raised well, you can take it in your head and make it right, but you have to grow up a little and realize that your behavior and your personality in general are not very decent.
I’m not going to generalize, but you have to understand that in foster homes or foster homes, there’s an even smaller chance that you’re going to find people who can help you form the right identity.
So... Tybalta’s probably more pathetic than you feel for him, some kind of hatred.
So, blame the parents? I agree. They should've beat that bullshit out of him at a young age. You've heard the old saying I'm sure:
Spare the rod and spoil the child

Discipline is necessary for a good upbringing, without it, well the child turns into a nasty piece of work.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Sad about Quinn. Must have had to work real hard to get fired from the main banner of the game.

Singing to the tune of "Peaches" from the Super Mario Brothers movie...

"Quinn,Quinn,Quinn,Quinn,Quinn,Quinn,.........

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
So, blame the parents? I agree. They should've beat that bullshit out of him at a young age. You've heard the old saying I'm sure:

Discipline is necessary for a good upbringing, without it, well the child turns into a nasty piece of work.
Damn, how'd you manage to get an internet connection in 1859?

Seriously, if you can't visualize any other way of installing discipline in a child than physical violence, maybe it's time for a bit of introspection

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
There are simply a waste of time that don't add nothing of value to the game and could easily be made with interpolation.
Has he addressed why he doesn't want to that? Interpolation is the first thing I thought about when I saw all the hooplah about increasing the FPS for animations.
However, I can't say the same about minigames since those are a part of the game since the beggining and it's clear that DPC loves doing them.
I know I'm one of the few when I say this but I actually like most of the mini-games. The party planning one in Ep 9 was actually pretty creative and was the highlight for me. But the word-finding mini-games are just tedious.
That's not an attack on Chansing Sunsets in any way, but the difference in size cannot be denied, we are getting 3x times the amount of static renders and god knows how many times more in animations seconds
I think I disagree with this but I have to think about it some more. I just don't think render count is a good indication for amount of content. I think it comes down to more of those renders are allocated.

It also feels more like a unique problem for BADIK because of the amount of balls DPC has to juggle and the fact that he's designed his game in a way that you have to replay it at least 5 times to see most everything. But in the end, I think it comes down striking a correct balance between ... maybe something like scene variations and overarching parts of the game you see regardless of any choices.

I'm more inclined to believe DPC needs that amount of renders to barely cover everything each episode whereas other VNs either switch off focusing on a few each episode while moving the MC around/moving the story along or just have a smaller number of branching paths. You're either not going to have to replay that many times or it's going to have a lot more unique path content while not at the expense of the overarching parts of the game.

Ep 9's Halloween party had over 2700 renders alone. There are alternate renders depending on variables mixed in there as well but for the most part, you're going to see the same stuff at least 5 times in a row. It may be a lot the first time around but people's impression of the game after the initial playthrough is going to be "A bunch of stuff I have to run through in order to get to something new". It's not that it immediately gets stale if you're at least going around different locations (library, class, retirement home, mansion, etc.) but in this case, you're stuck at the mansion for most of the game and it's only like 4 - 5 hours on endless loop.

On the flipside, Ep 8 felt kind of empty. I think it's mostly because a good amount of it had a lot of individual content for the branches. It's great if you're playing all 5 branches but each episode is just going to feel kind of short because those other renders are reserved for other branches. It becomes kind of barebones and feels like you're stuck on a track: Go to work, come home, sleep, go to work, come home, sleep, go to work, come home, drown yourself in alcoho- (sike, nah lol)

In hindsight, maybe Ep 8 and Ep 9 were DPC kind of experimenting how to juggle all of this. Seeing what works and what doesn't. At any rate, I think BADIK is a case where the render count doesn't impress me anymore and it's more of a given that there'd be that many to at least somewhat cover everything each episode. I don't think it quite works as a good indication for content post-Ep 8 and it's more about how he's chosen to allocate those renders.

Maybe in the long run and once it's all complete, it'll feel like a crap ton of content. Although, I'm not too sure about that either because no matter how much he stalls the stories, in-game time is still passing so the window is starting to close on opportunities he could take with the story/characters. But I think that's just me worrying and each branch will feel pretty full and complete at the end of it.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading all that. If not, I don't blame you.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018

I beat the shit outta my meat and it's pretty well-behaved. (Well ... as long as Jade doesn't flash those tig ol biddies.) Does that count?

Seriously, if you can't visualize any other way of installing discipline in a child than physical violence, maybe it's time for a bit of introspection
That's true. Maya and Derek's dad looks like the kind of guy who'd beat his kids (Edit: spank his kids?) and look how both of them turned out. I wouldn't want to hang out with either of them!

Well ... maybe in small doses. I do like horror movies in the summer time and I wouldn't mind a personal bartender.

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
Whatever you say. This type of thinking is exactly what's wrong with the world today. Spanking isn't physical violence. It's physical yes. Physical violence means beating someone up also known as assault and battery. Learn the difference.
You use your hands in a violent manner on another human being with the express purpose of causing physical pain and intimidation. That's physical violence, baby. I dare you to track down a well-acclaimed english dictionary that disagrees.

The shit you must go through to rationalize the treatment ya daddy gave you as a kid must be quite something, but I'm sorry to say that what he did to you WAS physical violence

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022

This attitude, that it's somehow wrong to spank a child, is what creates Tybalts.

Guarantee you, if Burke had pulled off his belt and whipped Tybalt's ass cherry red when he was younger, he wouldn't have later tried to blackmail a naive innocent girl into having sex with him by threatening her friend.

Edit: Of course, that would require Burke to have actually ever cared about what kind of man his child would become, and we all know he's just as bad as Tybalt, if not worse.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Whatever you say. This type of thinking is exactly what's wrong with the world today. Spanking isn't physical violence. It's physical yes. Physical violence means beating someone up also known as assault and battery. Learn the difference.
I was going to add something to that, but I won't add fuel to this dumpster fire.
I'll just say I agree with you so much more than I care to elaborate on.
:ROFLMAO:

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
This attitude, that it's somehow wrong to spank a child, is what creates Tybalts.

Guarantee you, if Burke had pulled off his belt and whipped Tybalt's ass cherry red when he was younger, he wouldn't have later tried to blackmail a naive innocent girl into having sex with him by threatening her friend.
Ooh are we making up fancanons about characters to support our viewpoints?
If so I say that Dawe clearly exhibits traits that show that his dad beat him like a dog. That's why he's a grade-A creep and a grade-A+ asshole.
The existence of this fictional character and the story I just made up about him clearly proves me right.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Bad parents can cause a lot of harm but at 21/22 your a adult yes a very young one with growing to do but at that age you should know how to treat people the right way. And in Tybalt case we know he had good parents just look at Sage and they wanted him clearly(if am wrong show me the proof) Tybalt is a bad person because wants to be blames goes on him.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Interesting discussion. Beating Tybalt with a belt/rods is also an example of bad parenting. Because nothing good can come out of a child who grew up in a culture of violence. This will also be a spoiled personality, but in the other direction.
Because for him, violence will be the norm and he will grow up to be a typical bully who will beat other children to assert himself/achieve his goals.
Or even worse - if he grew up in an atmosphere of fear and constant violence from his parents, he could grow up to be a sociopath who can't interact normally with people and be devoid of a sense of empathy. The mistake of Tybalt's parents is that they did not give him moral guidelines and didn't explain what is good and what is bad. And this is the example of Stephen, who is a corrupt, spoiled with money and power man.
Look at Jill. Do you think her parents used violence against her to raise her? She absolutely lacks this spoiled superiority complex. She, of course, lived in a bubble and is awkward in relationships, she doesn’t really know how to contact men, she was too protected from the outside world, apparently. But she doesn't use her position to assert herself and rise above others, mentioning that she doesn't need this wealth.
Or Sage. Being from a spoiled family, she was able to remain herself, but then her brother was an example for her of “what not to do.”

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes