Poisonblack

Apr 8, 2019

It is my absolute pleasure to announce the Patreon release dates for:

Being a DIK - Episode 10: Calm Before the Snow (v0.10.0)
  • Huge DIK ($25+) tiers: Friday, December 8
  • DIK ($10+) tiers: Monday, December 11​
  • Mini DIK ($5) tier: Friday, December 22 (Patch only, needs Season 3 base game to play)​
Beta testing is fairing well, and many issues have been found and fixed. Testers and proofreader are still working hard to help me add the final layer of polishing that the episode and you deserve.

On release, there will be a patch with a file size of 5 GB. And there will be a full version, including the Interlude and episodes 9 & 10, with a file size of 12 GB.

I recommend downloading the full version if you don't know how to patch your game. There will be clear instructions in the .zip file telling you how to patch your game.

IMPORTANT!!!
Treat Season 3 as a stand-alone game; don't merge it with Season 1 & 2 data.

Merging the game with Seasons 1 and 2 will corrupt both games. I will not assist with errors and re-downloads due to faulty patching and copy & pasting. So, please make backup copies of your games before you attempt to patch them.

Need help with something?
My time to aid with installations and issues is extremely limited. Please join my Discord server for faster help with any problems during the release. The community is excellent for providing fast help to most of your problems.

Let the countdown begin.

Love

Dr PinkCake
Congratulations to Dr. PinkMilk for the 1 episode per year mark.

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
DPC is said to have overlooked a detail? He re-rendered an image because the reflection in a beer bottle wasn't right. He wrote that himself when he described what his quality control looks like.

What could really have happened?

- In EP8 we find out twice if the MC is DIK so it's half price.
- Maya finds out about Becky in EP8 so the HOTs rumor could be fact. Only Sage won't know. But Maya tells the MC at the dorm party to ask again about this. Sage isn't there and Melanie hasn't spoken to her either. But she talks to Sarah. Sarah said so the MC was half price. What is the full price?
- There was a VIP pass for the winner of the DIK Hell Week. Sponsored by Rusty's father and not by Rusty. The money comes from the father. But did the HOT girl get what won the scavenger hunt. Somehow Girl still won the scavenger hunt.
- The MC is the schnitzel of the HOTs hunt. The girl who can first prove that the MC fucked her gets a scholarship, sponsored by Priscilla.
- Maya found out about this and now the problem. She loves the MC and the sex with him in the classroom was filmed.
- Half price is the scholarship and full price is getting your student loan in order and the MC. That's why Maya mentions to Stephen Burke that she heard HOT's rumor and wants to become a HOT. Maya wants to be rejected because if the MC finds out that he was the schnitzel of the HOTs and Maya got this scholarship, then it's over between Maya and the MC. Maya has to take the hard route via the Royce lawyer. She has no other choice. That's why Derek says, so the MC made it worse. Maya puts the Baileys' family "happiness" at risk.
Alright, I'm not gonna use the hamster meme. Not because this doesn't deserve it, because it definitely does. But because I've already used the hamster meme twice on you, and the joke gets old if you keep using it over and over.
Just imagine for me that I posted the hamster meme in response to this newest wild-ass conspiracy theory.

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
Have you ever thought about what this Priscilla's last name could be? Maybe Wallace.
I'm gonna take the long bet and assume Priscilla's last name is "Quinn".

MC: "Whoa! You're Priscilla?"
Quinn: "Uh, yeah. So?"
MC: "But I thought your name was Quinn."
Quinn: "You thought my first name was Quinn? How special are you?"
MC: ...
Quinn: "My name is Priscilla Quinn. I don't like Priscilla. I think it sounds pretentious. So I go by my last name. Please tell me I'm not going too fast for you here."
MC: "Ohhhh... Got it."
Quinn: "Wonderful."

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
DPC is said to have overlooked a detail? He re-rendered an image because the reflection in a beer bottle wasn't right. He wrote that himself when he described what his quality control looks like.
DPC's pedantry and inclination to brag about his work ethic don't mean he is unable to make a mistake. I wouldn't be overthinking details in BaDIK unless they are clearly signaled as important.

Dec 21, 2021
DPC's pedantry and inclination to brag about his work ethic don't mean he is unable to make a mistake. I wouldn't be overthinking details in BaDIK unless they are clearly signaled as important.
The Dr. very clearly doesn't understand how hormonal birth control works, so I wouldn't be surprised about other things being out of wack in his storytelling. Maya's student loan situation is another thing that the details don't make sense on, but you just have to buy it as part of what happens in the world this story takes place in.

Algonquin Dancer

Dec 14, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers
I'm a past supporter on Patreon of this game and years later I still find DrPinkCake games are of the highest quality and replay loyalty :)

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I'm a past supporter on Patreon of this game and years later I still find DrPinkCake games are of the highest quality and replay loyalty :)
True, DPC set the bar for top tier AVN all those year ago. But to say it's still the highest quality these days, both in terms of graphics or storytelling, is to be fair a little exaggerating. Don't get me wrong, it's still very good, but I don't know if it still qualify as highest quality.

<Kicks hornets nest and runs away>

tydog99

Apr 26, 2022
Race of Life looks interesting, but I won't play a game at 0.2, will wait a few months to get something bigger. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!
It only has 2 episodes released but they are pretty long, there's plenty of content right now. I believe episode two only came out a few months ago so it will be awhile until a new episode it out. Took DPC's dev time for them to release episode 2 and I'm pretty sure it's more than one person working on it.

Reactions: KaiserST and VOYEUR
Oct 18, 2021
True, DPC set the bar for top tier AVN all those year ago. But to say it's still the highest quality these days, both in terms of graphics or storytelling, is to be fair a little exaggerating. Don't get me wrong, it's still very good, but I don't know if it still qualify as highest quality.

<Kicks hornets nest and runs away>
Nah, BADIK still is top-tier pretty comfortably
None of the AVNs mentioned after your post are really comparable with BADIK - when one VN might excel at some specific area or even two areas like visuals which are quite common and so not really a big feat nowadays because even completely newbie VNs sometimes have incredible visuals like those from art commissions (it's a different matter that those usually don't have any meaningful content for a long time, or last long in general as they tend to get abandoned after a few releases, but I digress), it fails in other aspects (insufficient and meaningless choices, uninteresting cast, boring stories and plotlines, etc. etc.) and so it goes with pretty much any other AVN that is more or less known or 'popular' these days. Sure, there are AVNs that show promise and have real potential, but they have yet to actually prove themselves and show the type of longevity that BADIK has shown and continues to show
You don't get a better universal type of AVN experience than this one

Sorry, but that's just the truth

Last edited:

The Dick

Oct 22, 2022
Yeah... This brag is just propaganda to create his mystique and cult of personality. Because, if he's so attentive to detail, why...

... there's no gravity in Mr. DPC's world?

28.jpg

... Why straps float around a girl's body?

22.jpg

"Oh! But those are previews! Everything will be fixed!"

Yeah... I didn't go to earlier episoded because this would be unfair (and I also hope I won't delay the release), but if we just go to the Interlude...

... Why those low-quality textures that could be easily fixed?

screenshot0067.png

Just some examples, because my objective is not to create a doctoral thesis....

And I also don't mind about those faults -- I play games with bigger mistakes --, but when a guy brags about being attentive to detail and polish his game until it shines like a diamond just to create a mystique around his persona while in reality this is not what happens, something must be said about it...

(And if he wasn't an asshole to his patrons -- well, to the rebelious ones and not to the boot-lickers -- I'd could be quiet about it, but being who he is... I really don't care...)

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Yeah... This brag is just propaganda to create his mystique and cult of personality. Because, if he's so attentive to detail, why...

... there's no gravity in Mr. DPC's world?

View attachment 3126290

... Why straps float around a girl's body?

View attachment 3126292

"Oh! But those are previews! Everything will be fixed!"

Yeah... I didn't go to earlier episoded because this would be unfair (and I also hope I won't delay the release), but if we just go to the Interlude...

... Why those low-quality textures that could be easily fixed?

View attachment 3126295

Just some examples, because my objective is not to create a doctoral thesis....

And I also don't mind about those faults -- I play games with bigger mistakes --, but when a guy brags about being attentive to detail and polish his game until it shines like a diamond just to create a mystique around his persona while in reality this is not what happens, something must be said about it...

(And if he wasn't an asshole to his patrons -- well, to the rebelious ones and not to the boot-lickers -- I'd could be quiet about it, but being who he is... I really don't care...)
DPC: don't ask questions, just consume new episodes and get excited for future episodes. :HideThePain:
dont-you-question-me-big-mesquite-murph.gif

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
don't give DPC new ideas. now that I think about it DPC hasn't deleted his f95zone account, he just has it set to private. he will probably check the forum from time to time.. :HideThePain:
Who says he already doesn't do it? With that big ego of his we may never know...

Another thing that bothers me and most here is the mystery of when exactly did he change from being friendly like Rusty to an arrogant asshole like Dawe.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes