Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
If we get past all the jokes, Maya is truly a good person. It's DPC's fault that people are tired of her storyline.
~
Ep 10 Josy = Padme Amidala.
Overall, Episode 10 is a hairstyle show:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Personalty I thought Josy look hot as fuck in episode 9 :love: :love: :love: . Maya is such a good person she tells the whole world her problems and is so nice about it even lets others try to solve her issues for her:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Maya is sweet and the last two episodes are her best but still behind Josy by a lot. I wouldn't call Maya a better person but she was pretty fast to accuse Josy of ghosting her and then Maya was pretty mean to Josy close to point of trying to intimidate her for wanting to join the HoTs

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
DPC's English is very good, even excellent, but he's clearly not a native speaker. So he has some odd usages and vocabulary that Americans (especially American college students) would just never say.

One example is the use of the word "economy" when talking about the HOTs and DIKs spending. That is not "economy," it's a budget. Another example: when the DIKs talk about fixing the mansion, they refer to "damages," but native speakers would just say "damage." "Damages" is a legal term that refers to monies owed to a victorious party in a lawsuit. In episode 8, with the dorm party, characters kept referring to "dorms" but what they were really talking about was dorm ROOMS. The dorm is the whole building, while students sleep in individual dorm ROOMS. No actual American college student would refer to their room as their "dorm."

In the early episodes I would send him a list of the most glaring usage oddities and errors and he would fix maybe a handful of them. The one he argued about was in episode 5. You know when Bella says she always substitutes vanilla powder for sugar? The original said "I always substitute sugar for vanilla powder." I said that if he means Bella uses vanilla powder and NOT sugar, then he needs to flip those. He argued that the original was correct.

These are all really minor issues, and maybe most people don't even notice them, but when I read all the dialogue in the game, those small oddities add up. DPC's English is leaps and bounds better than most of the non-American and UK developers whose games are on this site, but given his perfectionism, I'm a bit surprised he doesn't hire a native speaker to go through his text and simply fix everything. In almost all cases they would be very small tweaks, but they would make the dialogue flawless. If he does have a native speaker doing this for him, then maybe that person is illiterate or doesn't have an ear for how real people talk or something.

I wonder sometimes if he thinks suggestions from people like me are because we want to make the English more "proper" or formal or something. I can't speak for anyone else, but that's certainly not what I'm trying to do. The characters in BAD are generally not well-educated and few of the scenes require any formality, so apart from maybe Bella or Tybalt, I would not want anyone's English to be unnecessarily formal or "proper" in that sense, but everyone should sound like they speak English as their mother tongue, and unfortunately probably 10% or so of the dialogue is just slightly off.
Ah ok, I get it. Thanks for the reply. You're right, he's leagues better than most devs and even better than some native speakers I've seen (who only speak English btw). I also agree. It's not really that noticeable or that bad. The only reason I started to notice it was because I started to look through the scripts for something else. It becomes more obvious when you're just looking at the text.

I think it's more of a British-English vs American-English thing. There are a lot of times I've seen British-English speakers (many countries apparently) say or write something in a way that just seems odd to me. It's "questionable" because while it's all probably technically correct most of the time, it's just weird for characters in an American setting say it.

For example when you greet Leon in his room during one free roam. DPC uses the term "training" whereas most American-English speakers would say "working out" or "exercising" or even get specific with it like "running in the mornings". Also just things like that, like you said, feel too formal or stiff. Like not contracting words to make it sound more casual.

I've also noticed adding question marks to the end of statements. "I wonder ... ?" or "Maybe ... ?" I looked this up and it seems like it's okay to do that in British-English according to the Oxford dictionary (or something) but in American-English it just sounds like written upspeak and passive-aggressive. I'm not a fan of that. Just makes people sound dumb.

Also some things where it's just a matter of proofreading. For example in Ep 1 when intervening with Chad. When the security guard comes around, the MC's line is "Ask this asshole that question?" or "Ask this guy that question?" (depending on dtype).
I mean ... that's just not a question. I'm assuming that was just a mistake since it's easy to get mixed up like that but there are some more like that. I don't know when he started hiring proofreaders but it's probably something to go back and correct if he's about perfectionism.

Again, not really a big deal. That's why it's more "iffy" than incorrect (except for the thing you told him, that was a good catch). Plus, I never would have even noticed if I hadn't looked at the text by itself. I was just curious what your suggestion was since I've started to notice some things myself is all.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I still believe that Trem is going to get shot by Vinny(Not killed) if Quinn doesn't warn him. I saw the look on both Quinn's and Tommy's faces. They're worried. Tommy's just worried that Trem will kick his ass again when we find out he lied to us and Quinn is actually worried for our safety. I could be wrong though.
That's fair enough. To me, that's more on the borderline of "spicy" but not "tragic". Something happening and a tragic result is AL's M.O. Something happening and everyone getting out relatively unscathed (in this case, not dying) is what we've been seeing in BADIK so far.

Still, I don't really know. The Vinny-gun thing kind of made it unclear where he's taking the story. It's just my supposition and what I'd prefer for the most part.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
That's fair enough. To me, that's more on the borderline of "spicy" but not "tragic". Something happening and a tragic result is AL's M.O. Something happening and everyone getting out relatively unscathed (in this case, not dying) is what we've been seeing in BADIK so far.

Still, I don't really know. The Vinny-gun thing kind of made it unclear where he's taking the story. It's just my supposition and what I'd prefer for the most part.
I honestly don't think dpc will go to the extreme like he did in AL. But I do believe this time he's going to hurt the MC badly. If not emotionally, it will be physically and I believe it will be physically.

Reactions: allanl9020142

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Personalty I thought Josy look hot as fuck in episode 9 :love: :love: :love: . Maya is such a good person she tells the whole world her problems and is so nice about it even lets others try to solve her issues for her:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Maya is sweet and the last two episodes are her best but still behind Josy by a lot. I wouldn't call Maya a better person but she was pretty fast to accuse to Josy of ghosting her and then Maya was pretty mean to Josy close to point of trying to intimidate her for wanting to join the HoTs
Well, with this point of joining HOTs, I'm on Maya's side. Why? Look at the situation from Maya's point of view. Quinn tricked Maya with the promise of "free tuition." We all know what "free tuition" means, Quinn abandoned her original plan to offer Maya a "job at the restaurant". Maya doesn't know any of this, so from her point of view, she was tricked, cruelly pranked, and victimized by Quinn. It is clear that after this she wanted nothing to do with HOTs, especially since Quinn was de facto running that place, while Sage was busy at the time.
And Josy could do a good thing by supporting her girlfriend, it was the right thing to do. She didn't know all the details at that moment, one thing was clear - Maya was treated badly there. So what does Josy do? She chooses not her girlfriend, but sorority. She put herself and her desires above all else, without considering Maya, which was selfish. Josy is very cute and quite a kinky wild thing, you definitely won't get bored with her. But she is not perfect, she has a rather strong dark side. For Josy, what matters most is what Josy wants.
Looking at the story from a different angle and doing a lot of new runs helped me consider it. I still like her, but I view Josy now with a grain of salt, expecting a catch. Plus many other moments, after that she didn't understand why Maya was angry with her in Ep. 7, then on Halloween we notice that she is visited by thoughts of cheating, although she is dating Maya.
On the other hand, I like her another “bad” and wild side - Josy can stand up for herself:she hits Steve, hits Tommy in the balls, pours a cocktail on the jock who pesters her. This girl has no brakes. I'm surprised she didn't beat up Oscar in Ep.9. This is probably what DPC decided to do, to give MC full “white knight” mode at that moment.

Also, Chip is right - Josy is at her best with DIK MC - here we see her wild side better.
Only for DIKs, that's what Joshy missing:
533675.JPG
445235.JPG

Ostap Bender

Jun 26, 2019

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
The syringe thing in Tommy's room couldn't even have been his syringe. Yes, I know we see her in Tommy's room, but I think it's for Chad to be at the DIK Mansion during the Halloween party.
Dude. There's literally a scene where Quinn is using it and teaching Tommy how to do it. It's even the intro to Ep 2. :KEK:

ep2_intro7.jpg

I don't think it's ever even mentioned again or seen until the Halloween party which makes things even more confusing but I really don't think it has anything to do with Chad.

Reactions: c0gnomen

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have a feeling Quinn might OD or something in the future
And to save her we have to be on her path

I hope not of course but something like that happening wouldn't surprise me

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Well, with this point of joining HOTs, I'm on Maya's side. Why? Look at the situation from Maya's point of view. Quinn tricked Maya with the promise of "free tuition." We all know what "free tuition" means, Quinn abandoned her original plan to offer Maya a "job at the restaurant". Maya doesn't know any of this, so from her point of view, she was tricked, cruelly pranked, and victimized by Quinn. It is clear that after this she wanted nothing to do with HOTs, especially since Quinn was de facto running that place, while Sage was busy at the time.
And Josy could do a good thing by supporting her girlfriend, it was the right thing to do. She didn't know all the details at that moment, one thing was clear - Maya was treated badly there. So what does Josy do? She chooses not her girlfriend, but sorority. She put herself and her desires above all else, without considering Maya, which was selfish. Josy is very cute and quite a kinky wild thing, you definitely won't get bored with her. But she is not perfect, she has a rather strong dark side. For Josy, what matters most is what Josy wants.
Looking at the story from a different angle and doing a lot of new runs helped me consider it. I still like her, but I view Josy now with a grain of salt, expecting a catch. Plus many other moments, after that she didn't understand why Maya was angry with her in Ep. 7, then on Halloween we notice that she is visited by thoughts of cheating, although she is dating Maya.
On the other hand, I like her another “bad” and wild side - Josy can stand up for herself:she hits Steve, hits Tommy in the balls, pours a cocktail on the jock who pesters her. This girl has no brakes. I'm surprised she didn't beat up Oscar in Ep.9. This is probably what DPC decided to do, to give MC full “white knight” mode at that moment.

Also, Chip is right - Josy is at her best with DIK MC - here we see her wild side better.
Only for DIKs, that's what Joshy missing:
View attachment 3130595
View attachment 3130597
The HoT's are more then just Quinn why can't Maya support her girlfriend instead of belittling her. Naughty Josy is best Josy but neutral Mc with dik status gets that scene to. I know Chip wants Josy to be full dik and she could be or could become that, she for sure has a dik side to her but right now seems like she in the middle which is better that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: katzenstreu

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
The HoT's are more then just Quinn why can't Maya support her girlfriend instead of belittling her. Naughty Josy is best Josy but neutral Mc with dik status gets that scene to. I know Chip wants Josy to be full dik and she could be or could become that, she for sure has a dik side to her but right now seems like she in the middle.
She couldn't support Josy at this moment. Maya was emotionally unstable, this seemed like her only chance to get out of that loan situation. Maya also thought that Quinn wasn't the only one involved. When she asked Mona again, she said, “That there is no such thing as free tuition. Just forget it and enjoy it.” So Maya thought that the rest of the HOTs were involved in this: “They stood there, saw it all and laughed.” It was Maya who needed emotional support then, and not be left alone.
A classic mind trap, although it was only later revealed that it was Quinn all along.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
She couldn't support Josy at this moment. Maya was emotionally unstable, this seemed like her only chance to get out of that loan situation. Maya also thought that Quinn wasn't the only one involved. When she asked Mona again, she said, “That there is no such thing as free tuition. Just forget it and enjoy it.” So Maya thought that the rest of the HOTs were involved in this: “They stood there, saw it all and laughed.” It was Maya who needed emotional support then, and not be left alone.
A classic mind trap, although it was only later revealed that it was Quinn all along.
Sure Maya has every right to be upset but Maya is quick to judge and assume everyone was in on it MC warn her about Quinn. Maya should be upset at Quinn but she should also be upset at herself, but that doesn't give Maya the right to belittle Josy even if she doesn't agree with her

Last edited:

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
I have a feeling Quinn might OD or something in the future
And to save her we have to be on her path

I hope not of course but something like that happening wouldn't surprise me
Something will happen to her either you are on her path or not but like you said
Man her father feeds her drugs when she was a child inside her food and she trust him? Like wtf

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes