ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Sorry, but I beg to differ. The fact that Daz is not a complete software doesn't mean it's bad for what it does. You can create UVs, you can add any texture on any size and detail (if your machine holds it), you can create shaders (open the shader mixer or the shader builder and you'll see the nodes and everything else), and you can use decals, geografts, geoshells, deformers, and many other things. And, in fact, Daz is better than Unity for static/pre-rendered art. Unity is made to create games with real-time rendering and, when you do that, you have to forfeit a lot of details (and I cracked many Unity games to get its assets to know... but, of course, in the end, it all comes to what kind of machine you're running it, though Unity is more depended on the end user than Daz). I'm not saying it's not good -- it's just made with another purpose in mind. I don't think you have any duty to use or learn Daz for your personal purposes but you should take a better look into it before criticizing...
I go back to DAZ periodically, but I hate it. It has a very slow and unresponsive viewport, the camera moves very slowly compared to Blender or Maya. I have no problem with the outliner, Maya has a terrible outliner, but for a program that focuses on posing you could make the viewport more thoughtful and user friendly like in Blender.
Not to mention the interface from 2011, it's just awful. I hate 3DsMax, it's the worst program I know where you have to make two clicks to hide an object from the viewport, but even 3DsMax is not as bad as DAZ.
Not to mention a lot of things that piss me off. Why is there still no snapping in the program? With snapping for example a cigar would automatically be drawn to your mouth, but you have to take 5 or 6 minutes to agonize and place it. Why is there no cloth simulation and the hair looks like clay? Why no tessellation? Why all this confusion with genesis?
It probably has nodes, but they're hardly as convenient as the nodes in Blender or Maya. just don't want to go that far into DAZ, knowing that everything works much easier and more convenient in Blender or Maya.

Sorry, but I beg to differ. The fact that Daz is not a complete software doesn't mean it's bad for what it does. You can create UVs, you can add any texture on any size and detail (if your machine holds it), you can create shaders (open the shader mixer or the shader builder and you'll see the nodes and everything else), and you can use decals, geografts, geoshells, deformers, and many other things. And, in fact, Daz is better than Unity for static/pre-rendered art. Unity is made to create games with real-time rendering and, when you do that, you have to forfeit a lot of details (and I cracked many Unity games to get its assets to know... but, of course, in the end, it all comes to what kind of machine you're running it, though Unity is more depended on the end user than Daz). I'm not saying it's not good -- it's just made with another purpose in mind. I don't think you have any duty to use or learn Daz for your personal purposes but you should take a better look into it before criticizing...

But yeah... Daz is not perfect... It's not a sculptor, so, if you wanna sculpt something like you do in ZBrush, Blender, and other programs, you should stick to them; it's not a very good animator, so, if you wanna do something with physics simulations, you'd better go to Blender, Unreal, Unity, or whatever other program does it better... But, because of that, a myth was created: "Oh! Daz sucks in animating so it probably sucks in everything else!" Quite simplistic thinking in my opinion... (Not saying it's yours but it seems to be the "logic" of many of its "critics" and, since the myth spreads, many who never touched Daz start to believe it and second-hand spread it too...)

Yeah... Now we've come to the real point... I don't care about those details. My favorite AVN (pure VN and not sandbox) has such crappy graphics that, now they're finishing, they're remaking everything to release on Steam (I won't name it because, the last time I mentioned a game here, my post mysteriously got deleted...). I was making fun of DPC only because he likes to brag about being a "perfectionist", "polisher of everything", "the Sherlock Holmes of detail attention", and, since many seem to believe the lie, I thought it would be fun to point it's not the case (and add the cherry on top that he's an a**hole and totalitarian dictator on his Patreon and Discord -- otherwise I could have just shut up and overlooked it). On the other hand, those crappy textures don't look professional... It must be said... (And, no... it's not a Daz limitation... Otherwise, all textures would have to look like crap. It doesn't make sense to have not only scenes with good textures but objects with good textures in the same scene we have others with crappy textures, creating a contrast, and say it's a Daz limitation.)

But, of course, I'd never criticize a beginner for doing this. In fact, I'm totally in favor of any developer who has (or believes to have) a good idea, to go for it independent of his/her budget of actual equipment. If you have a good idea but not a good machine and can render/make it only in 3Delight, Honey Select or even The Sims, go for it. But always be nice.
He is not considered a perfectionist because of his.
His perfectionism is expressed in other things. In the hand-drawn and detailed environment for the stage, in the elaborate and interesting mini-games, in the game's flawless bug-free operation, in the immense replayability, in having lots of choices and the consequences of choices.
In fact, I don't even know a game that has so many choices. Literally, a player can sneeze and in the next episode Tommy and Derek will notice that the MC has a cold, and Sage will text to ask if he's sick. It's amazing.
That's why he's a perfectionist, not because he thinks his graphics are acceptable.

Reactions: The Dick

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
:ROFLMAO: bud, you're like the 12th person that took my post here literal.
Y'all do realize the chicken/egg reference is an expression (figure of speech) to reflect conundrum of another imposed question, right? So many self-proclaimed biologists missing the the forest for the trees (another non-literal expression).
Yes, but where's the fun in not fucking with you?

Reactions: Sancho1969

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
There's something strange about Chad's blackmail. Why?

The timing is perfect because Chad suspects the MC is behind it. Chad knew so the MC spied on him in EP2. The blackmailer knew this too and took the opportunity to blame the MC.

Who knows all about the MC spying on Chad in EP2. The Jocks and Tybalt. What Tybalt? Yes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
While tybalt have a degree in blackmailing people but my money is on dawe/one of the alpha who saw Mc spying on Chad. What if it dawe who wanted to get chad kicked out of the alpha and triggered it in a way where all the blame goes to fuckface. Then again dawe is a homophobic asshole and he doesn't hate chad but I don't think other Alpha are like him, so one of them probably did it.

There is so far no correlation that it make sense for tybalt to frame fuckface or blackmail chad for now. :illuminati:

Reactions: dalli_x

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
While tybalt have a degree in blackmailing people but my money is on dawe/one of the alpha who saw Mc spying on Chad. What if it dawe who wanted to get chad kicked out of the alpha and triggered it in a way where all the blame goes to fuckface. Then again dawe is a homophobic asshole and he doesn't hate chad but I don't think other Alpha are like him, so one of them probably did it.

There is so far no correlation that it make sense for tybalt to frame fuckface or blackmail chad for now. :illuminati:
Umm Dawe got hit with pics of Aerith at the same time, so, no. Wasn't Dawe.

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
:ROFLMAO: bud, you're like the 12th person that took my post here literal.
Y'all do realize the chicken/egg reference is an expression (figure of speech) to reflect conundrum of another imposed question, right? So many self-proclaimed biologists missing the the forest for the trees (another non-literal expression).
Look, anything will be blown out of proportion, if you do the "if the tree falls in the forest and no one is around does it make a sound?" conundrum you'll get a bunch of self-proclaimed physicists and biologists talking about the vibrations and suppositions about plants reacting to sound.
It's like Schroedinger's Cat. When Schroedinger proposed the quandary to his undergraduates about the cat being alive and dead, all the normal speculation over it happened, with those students totally missing Schroedinger's actual point: It's a terrible thing to do to a cat.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes, but where's the fun in not fucking with you?
Fair enough... I'll grab today's first Crown & Coke and internally debate eggs & trees :ROFLMAO:

In other news: Some may have noticed a post I made where I was refining SanchoMod for BaDIK on the Steam Deck LE. Gotta say Bella somehow seems even hotter now... but could just be placebo. :LOL:

tydog99

Apr 26, 2022
True, DPC set the bar for top tier AVN all those year ago. But to say it's still the highest quality these days, both in terms of graphics or storytelling, is to be fair a little exaggerating. Don't get me wrong, it's still very good, but I don't know if it still qualify as highest quality.

<Kicks hornets nest and runs away>
What AVNs even come close to BAD? I can't think of any that are better. Artemis is up there. Summer's Gone/WIAB by render quality, that's about it. Race of Life is definitely up there in my opinion but it's still relatively new. It does have high quality renders, good writing, extra stuff like the phone, etc. Chasing Sunsets? Broken Dreamers? That's about it and still not sure I'd put them above. Can't think of any other than what I mentioned that come close, let alone are better

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
is lily faviourt drink taquilla, lime and salt that good?
It's pretty good. It's kind of the standard american way to do shots of tequila. Typically the way to do it is to get a section of lime, a shot of tequila and a shaker of salt together. You lick the webbing of your hand between your thumb and index finger and shake salt over it. (the moisture allows the salt to stick.) Then you lick the salt, drink the shot and bite the lime. The salt and citrus mitigate the harshness of the tequila.

Edited. As someone pointed out I had the order off. Of course I haven't done shots like that in 25 years.

Last edited:

Theralyst

Jul 6, 2020
What AVNs even come close to BAD? I can't think of any that are better. Artemis is up there. Summer's Gone/WIAB by render quality, that's about it. Race of Life is definitely up there in my opinion but it's still relatively new. It does have high quality renders, good writing, extra stuff like the phone, etc. Chasing Sunsets? Broken Dreamers? That's about it and still not sure I'd put them above. Can't think of any other than what I mentioned that come close, let alone are better
Different art style, but Eternum is Fantastic. Probably my second favorite after BaD

Reactions: VicValenn

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
I have some disturbance news to share
stephen have fucked or his cock get sucked by Camila in cafteria now that i talk to camila in episode 5 Preps Hell week
they she mentioned there is a glory hole there and she does discreet unlike mona (and stephen came from cafteria that time)

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
On the blackmail story (which is what we call it without knowing if there really is blackmail or if it's just a form of taunting/trolling towards the jocks).

We have this hidden camera in a closet. Still, it's a lousy location for this kind of equipment. Except that the DIKs use this closet to fuck girls at parties (I can't remember which DIK told the MC this in the first few episodes). So it's either a DIK (current or former) who planted the camera, or someone close enough to know the use of this closet.

Not to mention having (or having had) access to the house to plant the camera without arousing suspicion. Again, this points to a DIK (or ex).

If, on top of that, we accept the possibility that the photo leak (of Cathy) is linked to all this, I can't think of any current member who would want to harm the DIKs. That would leave only Vinny as a potential culprit, but I think it's a lot of effort to piss off guys he doesn't seem to give a shit about, knowing on top of that that he's changed lives and places.

Vinny is the ideal culprit, but his motives remain undetermined.

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
Guys i need help please. Im really trying hard to solve all the Gen. Ed. Mathematics tests by myself. It was a piece of cake at the beginning. But it got really hard at once and i managed to do the tests with symbolic patterns after.. some time... However im kinda stuck here with the one in Ep. 7. I can see some patterns at least but im not getting quiet behind how it works all together, its like some of it doesnt ment to be logic by purpose... or maybe my brain is just too rotten for that...which is probalby the case... Is there any way to really comprehend how all of this works? Would appreciate any kind of help besides Walkthrough/Solutions...
Edit:
Nevermind i got it... replaced the alphabet with number of placing... took me 30 minutes tough man :D

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes