Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
game crashing as soon as I start episode 10 no mods
i dont buy that... everybody who said that turned out to used mods in some way before. Not a single one where it wasnt the case. So yeah you modded the game before, or the savegame is modded, or the persistent file... doesnt matter. A mod or a change in the code touched your game, and you need the fiy for that mod or start a fresh install with fresh save.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Damn, in my main others route. MC is sitting with Camilla and Rio close to him.
View attachment 3163147 View attachment 3163148 View attachment 3163149 View attachment 3163150 View attachment 3163151 View attachment 3163153
I think the difference is that I said okay to Jacob hooking up with Zoey showing that MC moved on. Or as said above, because I'm on Dik alignement.
The difference seems to be dik or chick route...

So far i didnt play a dik route, they are next.

On my others route, iam chick, and MC is not sitting close to rio or Cammy, but i pursued Rio. Or maybe the threesome in ep 7 triggers that? Cause i didnt had the threesome there either, Rio only.

Well... i play a second chick others route right now, will try the threesome there... if its the same, i guess it has to be dik-others to sit close with Rio and Cammy.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
ah a little misunderstanding i guess.

I dont combine the possible success the MC can have together... each playthrough he stars just with Zoey... and in each playthrough Derek at least scored 5 girls if iam not wrong... so to get at him, in the same playthrough MC must score at least 5 girls, which in my playthroughs... is pretty much never the case.

But yeah, no doubt, Derek is insecure. And nothing against the girls on the list... but... yeah... the girls he scored are nothing compared to the girls MC can score, MC can score with the hottest of the hottest... Derek has... Arieth :D Ashley is a little cute but... kinda meh. Well, ok, the girl he scored in the starting scene of episode 4 is really top notch though.

Would be nice if she will show up at some point and get together with Derek again wouldnt it?

At some point i hoped he can win Ashley back... but not anymore, come on that girl is a moron. Derek deserves better and some girl who can deal with his goofynes and maybe get him a little more on track sometimes, but not too much please.
That's the point. Compare any of these girls to Sage, Bella, Jill. Just the major league. Elite restaurant. And Derek's level is fast food. (If anything, I’m not a Derek hater, I also wish him personal growth, because he needs to take care of his sister)

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
No, this is the script for that bit:
Python:
if branchMayaJosy:
    scene ep10_bbq_jz_event24 with dissolve
elif branchSage:
    scene ep10_bbq_jz_event25 with dissolve
elif branchJill:
    scene ep10_bbq_jz_event28 with dissolve
elif branchAlone:
    scene ep10_bbq_jz_event32 with dissolve
elif True:
    scene ep10_bbq_jz_event29 with dissolve
The last conditional is the "sitting alone", it's true for MC who is on Bella branch. As you can see, there's no checks for alignment or decision regarding Jacob there.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
It's neither. MC will sit with girls if he's on Others branch. He sits alone on Bella branch, because Isabella isn't present at the party.
huhm... than... iam mistaken and i mixed something up in my head, could be, last playthrough was the Bella playthrough, i was sure the mc sat there solo at the bonfire in the others playthrough too that i had. Will check it.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
So, an advice... if you want the solo route and want to get sure it will work out... star over again.

If you choose "friendship" you pretty much closed the door. Kinda obvious right?

Yeah you will still have some Maya scenes, but in ep10 the door will be kinda shut. Same goes for Josy.

So... whats the way to go for that?

DONT fuck Josy in ep 2... DONT get the lewd scene in episode 3 with Maya. Just.... stay at the party for example, or dont help her with the HOT-List.

It seems kinda odd, but it makes sense... cause if you do serious lewd things with them, they want to be with the MC. But you dont want that to get on the solo route, you want only Maya... To achieve that, go for "more" at the end of episode 4, if you didnt fucked Josy and didnt had the nearly sex scene with Maya in ep 3, they will reject you.

But you are on the path now to engage the solo route. Follow Maya during the party at ep 5, and tell Derek that you have feelings for her. Later in ep 7 visit maya and give her the TV... and thats about it. Maya Solo path should be moving forward and the scene with her in ep 10 will be very different (nothing serious yet, but its pretty obvious where things will lead in the future)

If you choose to be friends... well, you will exectly get that. They talk about the feelings, but dont let them lead to something.

Its not for sure that the solo path is closed if you choose to be friends in ep 4, but it very much looked like it, and would make sense too. If you go the way i did, its 100% sure that the solo path is achieveable... its just obvious...

Same goes for Josy too, just... go for josy in ep 5 and 7.
I see. That's interesting and helpful, thanks. It still feels counter-intuitive to me. I mean, I understand the logic behind friendship closing romantic doors. But the game should offer a more straightforward formula for those seeking the solo path with only one of the two girls, rather than having to play with calculations in mind. The first time I played the library scene in episode 4, back when episode 6 was the latest one, it already struck me as annoying the lack of a choice in that direction during that scene. Ideally we should be able to put our cards on the table during that scene near the end of episode 4 and have the choice of telling the girls if we have a real interest in only one of them. Anyway, thanks again for your input. I will need to reload a save prior to offering my help to Maya then.

Reactions: jaden_yuki

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
No, this is the script for that bit:
Python:
if branchMayaJosy:
    scene ep10_bbq_jz_event24 with dissolve
elif branchSage:
    scene ep10_bbq_jz_event25 with dissolve
elif branchJill:
    scene ep10_bbq_jz_event28 with dissolve
elif branchAlone:
    scene ep10_bbq_jz_event32 with dissolve
elif True:
    scene ep10_bbq_jz_event29 with dissolve
The last conditional is the "sitting alone", it's true for MC who is on Bella branch. As you can see, there's no checks for alignment or decision regarding Jacob there.
thanks, yeah that it doesnt had anything to do with jacob was clear.

So i mixed the scene up with my bella playthrough, did the chick-Rio playthrough before that and my head seemed to think that the scenes was identical. So ok... Bella = sitting alone, which makes sense.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That's the point. Compare any of these girls to Sage, Bella, Jill. Just the major league. Elite restaurant. And Derek's level is fast food. (If anything, I’m not a Derek hater, I also wish him personal growth, because he needs to take care of his sister)
Ehh, Ashley is easily on par with the primary/other girls, in fact i remember plenty of people wanting her to be an option, until it turned out she isn't.

jaden_yuki

Jul 11, 2017
i dont buy that... everybody who said that turned out to used mods in some way before. Not a single one where it wasnt the case. So yeah you modded the game before, or the savegame is modded, or the persistent file... doesnt matter. A mod or a change in the code touched your game, and you need the fiy for that mod or start a fresh install with fresh save.
does anyone know if DPC is hunting the persistent file? if so, doesn't matter if the saves are clean or not
edit: yes, he is

Last edited:

LoneWaker59

May 16, 2020
well you talked like it was a given by the game how scenes play out. But it depends on how YOU play the game here.
Because it is, of the various renders in the game, you can only access 1 or 2 of them because of the forced choice in episode 8.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I see. That's interesting and helpful, thanks. It still feels counter-intuitive to me. I mean, I understand the logic behind friendship closing romantic doors. But the game should offer a more straightforward formula for those seeking the solo path with only one of the two girls, rather than having to play with calculations in mind. The first time I played the library scene in episode 4, back when episode 6 was the latest one, it already struck me as annoying the lack of a choice in that direction during that scene. Ideally we should be able to put our cards on the table during that scene near the end of episode 4 and have the choice of telling the girls if we have a real interest in only one of them. Anyway, thanks again for your input. I will need to reload a save prior to offering my help to Maya then.
Well, i wouldnt be that sure that DPC planned out a solo route for Josy and Maya beforehand. He pretty much planned out most of the game... but some things are clearly "winged" on the spot.

I think, intentionally DPC planned a solo path for J&M only via throuple route, so... after a while they would break up and one of them would end up with MC.

On the way maybe DPC noticed that there could be a solo path for both of them on the others route too and decided which decisions from the episodes before could lead to that. Wouldnt be surprised by that. But that is just a guess... maybe he planned the solo routes from the start i dont know, but it doesnt really feel like that.

Other than that, yeah there are a bunch choices, routes and things in the game that are not very intuitive. And yeah overall straightforward is not in DPCs DNA either. Which is the reason why i have so many different playthroughs and every playthrough has a save after each episode... makes nearly 200 savegames for being a dik now. which is kinda crazy.

argo222

Aug 29, 2023

So far i didnt play a dik route, they are next.

On my others route, iam chick, and MC is not sitting close to rio or Cammy, but i pursued Rio. Or maybe the threesome in ep 7 triggers that? Cause i didnt had the threesome there either, Rio only.

Well... i play a second chick others route right now, will try the threesome there... if its the same, i guess it has to be dik-others to sit close with Rio and Cammy.

I went chik others route focused on just Maya and MC sits next to Rio and Cammy at the fire. Chose to be mad at Zoey. Not sure what other variables play in there.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes