Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
yes but the two aspects are not disjointed.

okay, Maya may trust her father enough to sign what he proposes (do you read and understand every line of what you sign? really? always? even for a phone contract or an "I accept the terms" on the internet?)

but if he then tells her that this signature will force her to dig coal with her bare hands for the rest of her life some doubt should come to her

trust can't be there yet, and if someone I don't trust tells me stuff I judge impossible the first reaction should be to question it, not to keep believing it "because it's normal for a daughter to trust her father"
I don't blame Maya for signing it since it is her father but she should had at least look over the document

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't blame Maya for signing it since it is her father but she should had at least look over the document
If it is right for her to trust him why should she check?

I don't think Maya, and like her an average 18-year-old, has ever seen a student loan, so unless it says big, bold and on every page "this is not a student loan" even having flipped through it most likely wouldn't understand what it is.

make account that even with the document in hand they want Jill's lawyer to read it, it's not like they read and understand it.

Reactions: Porthas

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
If it is right for her to trust him why should she check?

I don't think Maya, and like her an average 18-year-old, has ever seen a student loan, so unless it says big, bold and on every page "this is not a student loan" even having flipped through it most likely wouldn't understand what it is.

make account that even with the document in hand they want Jill's lawyer to read it, it's not like they read and understand it.
It doesn't matter how much you trust someone you should always read something that your singing even more so if it something important like a loan

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
You were making a point? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I get it. We all have our senior moments. Sometimes I forget about the cup of coffee I made.

So as a reminder, I'll quote it.

"All I did was point out all those elements ARE part of "college sitcoms" - whether or not that's considered good writing - or whether or not DPC's writing is good/not good - is a different topic."

Now, hopefully, you're tracking with what I was talking about.

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
I replace the panel in the MC's room and I'm guessing it wants me to load a picture but I can't. So I'm stuck in limbo.
It's stuck on replace panel as a task.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Maya is fully aware of who her father is? Where are you getting this from? As far as we know, Maya didn't know her dad would have a problem so extreme he would do something like this.
o_O
Okay, even if we goes canonical order, even though the recent episode revealed a lot more, lets do it.

first of All Maya told us, that her Father was FURIOUS when he learned about her and Josy. She then thought he calmed down, only to put this contract in front of her, that is the big draged out loan story as we well aware. :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

We saw, Derek warning Maya about her Dad, we saw the her Dad leaving her room, we find out that he has a key to her dorm room, - and somehow Maya think its is perfectly fine that Josy is staying there. :rolleyes:

only one conversation between MC and Patrick was enough for MC to be like " What the Fuck Maya?! " . And she living with this man at least 19 years now.

and the recent episode revealed it is not even a n isolated incident, but a constant thing. Derek even say when MC running after maya, that : " No, Not like this "

so to say that Maya should trust her father blindly , and should absolutely not see this one coming is a hard stretch.

you can give her an excuse that abused victims are often not blames their abusers, especially if they are family member, but yeah, she Knew what her Father is.

whether i like maya or not, is not matter, I have now have all the puzzles in place, and I can honestly make the conclusion of Maya weak explanation, that " You should trust your parent "
its makes her look like an idiot.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I think that the next chapter will shed more light on just what is going on with the "Student Loan" document. As it stands, I don't think that the issue is that Maya "Cosigned" it. If anything, it is probably the opposite. Usually, when you have no credit it is the person with credit that cosigned it. So if the loan is in her name and it is her father who cosigned it she would control the disbursed funds. That is how it was when I cosigned on my daughter's private loan (couldn't get federal loans because we make too much per year). Rather, it seems like her father is the signatory for the loan and she is on the loan as an unnecessary cosigner who will be liable if her father defaults on the loan. But that would screw her dad as much as it screws her. When you are a cosigner, your credit gets dinged and you are subject to efforts by collections agents. I don't think that would be his plan, especially since he seems to have assets such as a home and business that would put at risk. What is more likely is that her father put the disbursed loan funds in something like an LLC or a Trust that only he controls. However, a good lawyer can ensure that Maya is not on the hook for the loan if the funds are not used for an educational purpose. What I am getting at it that the entire situation smells like shit and it is unlikely that her dad has as much leverage as he says he does. He does seem to be desperate and willing to lie or stretch the truth to force Maya to conform to the promise that he made to her mother whether she likes it or not. Or even if it is something her mother even cares about anymore.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
It is plausible for sure but had Maya just look the at the loan we wouldn't be here
Perhaps for all we know he had her sign a fake document. It's beginning to sound like he's paying for the thing via an unrelated loan. So your point isn't a foregone conclusion either.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
o_O
Okay, even if we goes canonical order, even though the recent episode revealed a lot more, lets do it.

first of All Maya told us, that her Father was FURIOUS when he learned about her and Josy. She then thought he calmed down, only to put this contract in front of her, that is the big draged out loan story as we well aware. :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

We saw, Derek warning Maya about her Dad, we saw the her Dad leaving her room, we find out that he has a key to her dorm room, - and somehow Maya think its is perfectly fine that Josy is staying there. :rolleyes:

only one conversation between MC and Patrick was enough for MC to be like " What the Fuck Maya?! " . And she living with this man at least 19 years now.

and the recent episode revealed it is not even a n isolated incident, but a constant thing. Derek even say when MC running after maya, that : " No, Not like this "

so to say that Maya should trust her father blindly , and should absolutely not see this one coming is a hard stretch.

you can give her an excuse that abused victims are often not blames their abusers, especially if they are family member, but yeah, she Knew what her Father is.

whether i like maya or not, is not matter, I have now have all the puzzles in place, and I can honestly make the conclusion of Maya weak explanation, that " You should trust your parent "
its makes her look like an idiot.
We don't have a canonical timeline of when dad got mad about Josy and when Maya co-signed anything with her dad.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Maya should have 100% been able to trust her dad, dad has no excuse to lie or control her with the loan. If he had a problem with paying for her schooling and wanted to attach any conditions to it, he should have been upfront about it. That's my last word on the matter, I don't see you introducing an argument that would change my mind.

Reactions: dalli_x

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I think that the next chapter will shed more light on just what is going on with the "Student Loan" document. As it stands, I don't think that the issue is that Maya "Cosigned" it. If anything, it is probably the opposite. Usually, when you have no credit it is the person with credit that cosigned it. So if the loan is in her name and it is her father who cosigned it she would control the disbursed funds. That is how it was when I cosigned on my daughter's private loan (couldn't get federal loans because we make too much per year). Rather, it seems like her father is the signatory for the loan and she is on the loan as an unnecessary cosigner who will be liable if her father defaults on the loan. But that would screw her dad as much as it screws her. When you are a cosigner, your credit gets dinged and you are subject to efforts by collections agents. I don't think that would be his plan, especially since he seems to have assets such as a home and business that would put at risk. What is more likely is that her father put the disbursed loan funds in something like an LLC or a Trust that only he controls. However, a good lawyer can ensure that Maya is not on the hook for the loan if the funds are not used for an educational purpose. What I am getting at it that the entire situation smells like shit and it is unlikely that her dad has as much leverage as he says he does. He does seem to be desperate and willing to lie or stretch the truth to force Maya to conform to the promise that he made to her mother whether she likes it or not. Or even if it is something her mother even cares about anymore.
Yes, that the school loan isn't showing up on her credit rating report pretty much tips us off that she didn't sign a loan. But we'll see as the story continues, I suppose.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
We don't have a canonical timeline of when dad got mad about Josy and when Maya co-signed anything with her dad.
Yes, yes We do, she tell us herself. First He learned about them and get furious, and then seemingly calming down after a while, only to make her sign the loan stuff later.

and thanks to the South Park, " Do you see ?"
yDR66_.gif
:ROFLMAO:
- scene with Maya,
BeingADIK 2024-01-23 23-24-02-43.jpg
BeingADIK 2024-01-23 23-24-07-90.jpg
BeingADIK 2024-01-23 23-24-12-16.jpg
we also learn that his abuse goes back way longer.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Perhaps for all we know he had her sign a fake document. It's beginning to sound like he's paying for the thing via an unrelated loan. So your point isn't a foregone conclusion either.
Why keep fake documents lock up they fake, I don't know if Maya reading the documents solves everything but it would help out a great deal Patrick's only power is Maya not knowing what is in the loan papers

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes