Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
I agree with you on point 1, but not on point 2. Even if Helen dies, that doesn't change Maya's situation. She is still dependent on her father Patrick. Patrick's motives could change. Helen's wish hasn't come true and Patrick could continue to treat Maya so badly because he blames Maya and Derek.
If Helen dies, Maya can safely sue Patrick. She won't care whether he ends up in jail or not.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Is anyone else slowly losing interest in this AVN?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying its bad. It's easily the best funded and most developed AVN ever made, but its starting to remind of the MCU in a way. Like, whyyyyyy? Why is this story happening? What are we building towards?

I get that its a story based novel and NOT really meant to be fuck-fuel, but even beyond that, I'm starting to just ...not care .... about the characters. And I'm not talking about Jill or the other Diks, I mean characters I've been passionate about since the beginning. I'm a total Maya-fucker (carried a torch for her during the SAAAAAAAD Maya phase and everything) and yet despite this being an intensely Maya focused update, I wasn't all that engaged. And Sage is another favorite of mine, and I STILL haven't played my Sage run yet. I don't know if its the branching narratives, or just fatigue, but this last episode just kinda bored me (and I'm one of the three people in existence who like Ep 9 even!).

Not looking to convince anyone here. I'm truly happy if you enjoyed it, I just wanted to put my thoughts out there. See if anyone felt the same.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Yeah, that's probably it. Basically, Maya has no way out. She can't accuse her father of fraud, otherwise he'll be arrested and unable to follow Helen. Not to mention that this whole blackmail situation, if it gets to Helen, will be a serious blow to her.
So the obvious options to solve this dialectic are several.
1) Derek drops out of college and goes home to take care of Helen while Patrick gets arrested.
2) Helen dies and Patrick no longer has power over Maya. Sounds cruel, but only if Helen dies will she be free.
I don't see any positive outcome to this whole story either way.
P.S. I wonder what kind of landmine DPС put under Sage.
Helen dying wouldn't change Patrick power over Maya his power is in Maya not knowing what she sign. My goodness what is this place coming to we talking more about loans then pussy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dezokokotar

Jan 7, 2018

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying its bad. It's easily the best funded and most developed AVN ever made, but its starting to remind of the MCU in a way. Like, whyyyyyy? Why is this story happening? What are we building towards?

I get that its a story based novel and NOT really meant to be fuck-fuel, but even beyond that, I'm starting to just ...not care .... about the characters. And I'm not talking about Jill or the other Diks, I mean characters I've been passionate about since the beginning. I'm a total Maya-fucker (carried a torch for her during the SAAAAAAAD Maya phase and everything) and yet despite this being an intensely Maya focused update, I wasn't all that engaged. And Sage is another favorite of mine, and I STILL haven't played my Sage run yet. I don't know if its the branching narratives, or just fatigue, but this last episode just kinda bored me (and I'm one of the three people in existence who like Ep 9 even!).

Not looking to convince anyone here. I'm truly happy if you enjoyed it, I just wanted to put my thoughts out there. See if anyone felt the same.
Well there's your problem, your waifus suck. :D I'm just kidding, but Jill and Bella routes are very satisfying to me.
Though to be fair, i havent played it for a couple of years and then played ep 8-10 together for the first time, so that might have made it feel better than playing just ep 10 alone.

In fact im kinda obssesed with them to the point that im trying to recreate them in AI and talk to them :D So far, limited success.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
It's not as easy as you think. In EP9, Maya clearly asks the MC if Zoey and the MC never said the words "I love you" to each other. The MC says so that wasn't the problem, but that they never used the words "girlfriend and boyfriend".

As you correctly wrote, the lack of communication between Zoey and the MC is her fault. But they said it to each other so that they would love each other. EPP. This is where many people's thinking lies. The three words “I love you” are just three words, nothing more. These three words mean nothing if you don't show your love. This is the real problem between Zoey and the MC. They couldn't interpret the MC's gestures.

Many forget that not only does Zoey know the MC very well, but the MC also knows Zoey. What doesn't Zoey like and what makes her uncomfortable? When people talk about feelings. The MC knows that, we read that in the game. When you love someone, you will refrain from doing anything that makes your partner feel uncomfortable. This is how you show love and then you can say the 3 words because the 3 words “I love you” then have meaning.

So the reason the MC didn't say what he actually wanted to say to Zoey at the train station in Interlude was because he didn't want to make Zoey feel uncomfortable. The MC shows Zoey that he loves her by hugging Zoey when he says goodbye. Zoey, on the other hand, couldn't classify this hug and subsequently, Zoey made it more than clear to the MC so that she didn't feel the same way about the MC. When you love someone, that's how you stay in touch, you respond to messages, and you clarify when a picture comes up that's ambiguous. Zoey didn't do any of that. The blame clearly lies with Zoey. The MC acted out of love by not talking to Zoey about feelings because he wanted Zoey to feel comfortable. Zoey listened to Bret and followed Emma and Bret's example. Here's the point. When you love someone, you don't listen to such idiotic advice.

Let's move on to EP9 and EP10. In EP9, Zoey said to the MC so she hopes they can press play. So she thinks she wants to revive the relationship as it was before she left for San Diego. The word “play” is the operative word here. Why? In Interlude, Bret said to Zoey that when Emma got back from Las Vegas, it was like pressing play and the song was even better than before. But Emma and Bret made a mistake when they had sex again. Interlude meets EP9 and EP10.

When Zoey is with the MC, when he reads his mother's diary in EP10, Zoey says something to the MC. What? That the MC is a magnet for women. I'm wondering whether the MC is also a boy magnet, considering Chad's reaction in EP1. It is further implied that Zoey was expecting the MC to be with another girl, but she thinks so that she has the chance to fuck the MC again. It's not about a relationship yet, but more towards Emma and Bret. "Play." We get this “play” clue in EP8 from JB. JB thinks the MC is a "player" and Elena doesn't. Back to the topic. The crucial thing happens during the Thanksgiving party.

Zoey and the MC talk and the MC tells Zoey what he actually wanted to say to her when he left at the train station, but because he was considerate of Zoey, he didn't say it, but showed it with the hug. At the end of the conversation, the MC asks Zoey if she would have stayed if he had said that to her at the train station. And another point. Zoey is unsure and doesn't immediately answer what the MC said to her so she doesn't have to answer. What do we learn from DPC. This leaves us silent about a question that answers it. Zoey's silence gave the MC the answer.

Jacob's decision then seals fate.
You are confirming that their relationship problems developed due to a lack of proper communication. And it was wrong not to talk to her about feelings, because it could make Zoey uncomfortable. If you do everything not to irritate your partner and talk to her only about comfortable topics, this is not a manifestation of love, but a typical problem in modern society - people have become too snowflakes and are afraid of anything that can upset them. This is a sterile and unhealthy relationship in which you try to avoid problems rather than solve them. Yes, MC should have talked to Zoey about her feelings, even if she doesn’t like such conversations - because it’s necessary.
And Zoey problem is that then she didn't perceive MC as a boyfriend and didn't experience these feelings for him, so she incorrectly interpreted his social signals because she had no experience in relationships. And she only realized this when she lost him. Sometimes, to understand how dear a person is to you, you need to lose him.

Actually, no. Episode 10 only stirred up interest, after a rather average Episode 9.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
any ideas for this guys? this game is so bugged...incredible
It's not bugged -- the author specifically doesn't want people to use mods while playing his game. He's put some checks in it which, if they detect a mod is in use (or was used previously) shut down the game.

You'll either need to play with a mod which can work around it, or play without mods.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
You are confirming that their relationship problems developed due to a lack of proper communication. And it was wrong not to talk to her about feelings, because it could make Zoey uncomfortable. If you do everything not to irritate your partner and talk to her only about comfortable topics, this is not a manifestation of love, but a typical problem in modern society - people have become too snowflakes and are afraid of anything that can upset them. This is a sterile and unhealthy relationship in which you try to avoid problems rather than solve them. Yes, MC should have talked to Zoey about her feelings, even if she doesn’t like such conversations - because it’s necessary.
And Zoey problem is that then she didn't perceive MC as a boyfriend and didn't experience these feelings for him, so she incorrectly interpreted his social signals because she had no experience in relationships. And she only realized this when she lost him. Sometimes, to understand how dear a person is to you, you need to lose him.
It's not that simple. You're half right about the need to address problems. But you should also consider the other half, namely when is the right time to address these problems. There's no point in asking your boss for a pay rise if the company is not in a position to pay higher wages at the moment.

The station was not the right time for the MC to talk about his feelings for Zoey. Rather, Zoey actually ruined that moment by saying to the MC that she's not able to feel anything right now. She made the MC understand that what the MC wanted to tell her would not reach her. Therefore, it could have even had the opposite effect on Zoey because she could have thought the MC was insensitive at that moment.

Reactions: dav3knight

TittyHeaven

Jan 20, 2023

Think it's normal. Reason familiarity breeds contempt is a saying. The more time you spend with someone or something the more risk the good stuff falls away and all you see is the flaws and room for improvement. I've played this 3 times since 2019 and will skip the next 3 episodes because I know I'd burn out or lose interest playing it every episode, I'll wait. I can not maintain interest in something year after year.

You see it happen to people with EA games on Steam all the time. Some are well and truly burnt out long before release ever comes going from the people that loved it to people that can't stand it by the time it's finished.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
A bank is not legally obliged to check the solvency of a guarantor. Why should it? It is a company and decides for itself whether it wants a credit check or not. Why should the state interfere in this respect? Does it make sense for the bank? No, but they are not legally obliged to do so. You should also know that there are several forms of guarantees.

Why would Maya and Derek be eligible as guarantors, even if they have been verified by the bank and have no income of their own? The bank is only interested in repaying its debts. Patrick is actually a good age and in a good financial situation. But there is one thing the bank cannot rule out. The premature death of Patrick. Helen is unable to work, but Maya and Derek can. The bank secures its money by ensuring that when Patrick dies, his children will receive the inheritance (car dealership) and will therefore be able to settle the bank's claims.
but what are you saying?

it is in the bank's interest to know whether and how solvent the guarantor may be, otherwise what would be the point of the guarantor?
To assure the bank that under no circumstances will it not collect what is expected

so the bank, or any lending institution, has no interest in accepting Maya or Derek as guarantors, because if Patrick could not pay in any way Maya or Derek would solve the problem of the unsettled debt.

you are inventing to hold up nonsense theories

Reactions: Stephen Burke

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
but what are you saying?

it is in the bank's interest to know whether and how solvent the guarantor may be, otherwise what would be the point of the guarantor?
To assure the bank that under no circumstances will it not collect what is expected

so the bank, or any lending institution, has no interest in accepting Maya or Derek as guarantors, because if Patrick could not pay in any way Maya or Derek would solve the problem of the unsettled debt.

you are inventing to hold up nonsense theories
Here is what is really going on Patrick and Madame are having an affair and have been for a long time. The loan was for both Maya college tuition and to pay for Madame new tits and tummy tuck but over time Madame needs more and more work done Patrick wants to stop paying for Maya college because he wants to be done with her but he feels guilty since Helen is slowly dying. But this has a happy ending MC will learn of this and confront Madame together they will cuck Patrick and Maya will become a stripper :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :Kappa: :Kappa:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

it is not the game itself that interests me less, but the whole "storytelling" part , it's pretty much from at least the sixth chapter that I've been expecting who knows what to happen to eventually see each arc slowly drag on, and when something actually happens at the end (very rarely) the reaction is one of boredom

this tenth chapter was a bit of fresh air but because the ninth had been a kidnapping in a musty smelling basement (I save of the whole chapter only Zoey's arrival)

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
It's pretty rich that Sarah shames the DIKs by posting the pics of their pics posted outside the dorms. Why does Sarah go to the dorms? She doesn't live there. She goes to the dorms to suck dick through a glory hole for Quinn's restaurant. So fuck you, Sarah. You're a lying bitch and if the cops weren't here I'd spit in your face.

View attachment 3291748
You literally liked that post though lol

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's pretty rich that Sarah shames the DIKs by posting the pics of their pics posted outside the dorms. Why does Sarah go to the dorms? She doesn't live there. She goes to the dorms to suck dick through a glory hole for Quinn's restaurant. So fuck you, Sarah. You're a lying bitch and if the cops weren't here I'd spit in your face.

View attachment 3291748
it's not a big surprise, the girls in the dorm hang out with the HOTs and vice versa, we saw Sara and Melanie at the dorm party and earlier we had seen Becky at the HOTs party

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Exactly. And that's a weakness of the system. There's no accountability built in. Whether or not you're okay with that doesn't change this weakness. And it does end up bugging a lot of people, I see complaint after complaint on these boards about not only no status reports, but status reports that don't really tell people anything they can use to determine if the project they're giving money to is going anywhere.
After so many years of development, you should just trust a developer like DPC. It could be terrible at the beginning, when first episodes drops out, but not after a 5 years with a game. Every fucking week for several years already, he comes up and posts the update status. You want numbers in each update? Just for the sake of numbers or because you don't trust him? You doubt that he is really doing something and working on game or you afraid that he will abandon it? Game is huge, updates is huge and decent. Every next episode is bigger than previous, not even equal. QoL updates, general updates, quality of renders and animations - all gets better, nicer, bigger, etc.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
After so many years of development, you should just trust a developer like DPC. It could be terrible at the beginning, when first episodes drops out, but not after a 5 years with a game. Every fucking week for several years already, he comes up and posts the update status. You want numbers in each update? Just for the sake of numbers or because you don't trust him? You doubt that he is really doing something and working on game or you afraid that he will abandon it? Game is huge, updates is huge and decent. Every next episode is bigger than previous, not even equal. QoL updates, general updates, quality of renders and animations - all gets better, nicer, bigger, etc.
Again - This isn't about DPC. It's about the Patreon system.

If one isn't interested in my opinion on Patreon and how it doesn't incentivize developers working at a quick pace, do not read the following I put in spoilers:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If I buy a car, there are consumer laws protecting me in case I buy a lemon ("lemon" here in the States is slang for a bad car). I can get my money back.

If I put my money in a bank, it's insured by the government up to a certain dollar amount.

Why do laws and insurance like this exist? Because nobody is expected to blindly trust car manufacturers or banks (just two examples out of many I could mention).

So why should the expectation be different for some developer out there I've never met before?

I don't "trust" any developers. I see what they produce and if I like it, I'll pay for it. If I don't, I won't. And there's no guarantee any developer will finish a project - for a wide variety of reasons, some within their control some out of their control.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes