noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
Oh, yeah, I've played this game, I liked it. Now I'm playing the Unbroken game that same dev is working on. Good games, I enjoy them.
Best moment in vn history. MC is eating mg1 pussy. MG2 enters the room. MC jumps up and says, it isn't what it looks like. Oh, well, you hadda be there.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
I will be honest, but not captivating.

too witty for DPC.

for Patrick the outcome of the chapter is still negative, the grief over the inescapable fate of his beloved wife Helen does not balance the fact that he was violent REPEATEDLY with Maya.

so Patrick remains a negative character, now, Maya and Derek may well grieve his death, but the average player? I think they would not care.

p.s. insurance could be on Helen's life :eek:

the main difference between playing it all at once and one chapter at a time is that in the second case you have a lot more time to reflect, and I don't know if that's an absolute bad thing.

the problem with Maya's loan is that it has gone past its expiration time, right now its resolution doesn't interest anyone anymore. we all know it will be resolved at some point, but the how has become a trivial matter.

it's like your friend every day telling you he has a big problem but always refuses to tell you about it, at some point it becomes routine, you don't care anymore
Getting Patrick out of the way is good for an MC-Helen path !!!! His magic protein shakes cure her.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Again - This isn't about DPC. It's about the Patreon system.

If one isn't interested in my opinion on Patreon and how it doesn't incentivize developers working at a quick pace, do not read the following I put in spoilers:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If I buy a car, there are consumer laws protecting me in case I buy a lemon ("lemon" here in the States is slang for a bad car). I can get my money back.

If I put my money in a bank, it's insured by the government up to a certain dollar amount.

Why do laws and insurance like this exist? Because nobody is expected to blindly trust car manufacturers or banks (just two examples out of many I could mention).

So why should the expectation be different for some developer out there I've never met before?

I don't "trust" any developers. I see what they produce and if I like it, I'll pay for it. If I don't, I won't. And there's no guarantee any developer will finish a project - for a wide variety of reasons, some within their control some out of their control.
The most interesting part is why we complain about it at all being on a ☠ site? I don't say that everybody here have not paid/paying(subscribed)/will pay for the game and DPC particularly. I mean, that you have "rights" to discuss it in the way you are doing it only if you are DPC's patron. If you paying once to get the new episode this is no different from buying in Steam (technically, with the difference that you will not be able to refund after playing the game for up to 2 hours). And being here, you're not obliged to at all, since the game files are in the title of the post.

The only thing that can make you pay is your conscience, your desire to express gratitude or kind of say thanks for the content, for a pleasant time and joy the product (game) which gave you pleasure, for having something to say and discuss on this forum for so many years, afterall.

First time I played this game for free and downloaded it from Torrent. Then I decided to buy it on Steam, just to say MY thanks to author and to have a legal copy of the game and because I have a huge game library in my Steam account already. I'm not able to join and pay him on Patreon anyway, because it's blocked and banned in my country for dumb reasons. But if it wasn't a problem, I'd pay him for every episode released. Just to say MY thanks. I would not subscribe for months/years, since I'm not a patron and I don't have free and extra money for this. There are people who subscribe to the minimum tiers (like $1-5), but download a pirated copy because they don't want to wait. But it's still a support and a way to say their thanks.

When some AAA studio developing a game, they usually funded by future publisher and other sources including marketing and driven by earn from the sales expectations. Logically, they should be carefully monitored to ensure that deadlines are met, so that the content is top-notch and consistent with the initial statements of the studio and their plans. What do we have at the end? Years of waiting, disappointments, cutted content (because something gives out too little fps, and we just didn't have time to do that, because of rushing all the time, and this didn't work out as planned, etc, etc.). It's a STUDIOS with a hundreds of peoples involved working for them, with budgets several times much than DPC earned ever. And they still, most of the time release crap and dissapointments. With a few exceptions here and there. Or the game takes years for shape and polishing to became something like what was planned initially. And most of the AAA projects and games are a total mess and crap still and for years already.

Being in DPC shoes, having a millions of $ on hand I... AT BEST, I would hire someone or a team to continue work on the project. AT BEST, again. The most realistic scenario - dude would just disappear and abandon the game. Dude earned a lot of $ but still sitting on his butt 24/7 and working on his project, on his dream. Working on a dream to realize his project as intended.

Tell me honestly - would you be able to force yourself to do something like this, knowing that you have millions on your hands and that all your dreams are already real? But in the best years of your life, you literally lock yourself in your house, instead of enjoying your given wealth, somehow realizing yourself and having any kinds of fun, etc. This is the case when you enter into the strongest internal contradiction and you must have an iron, no, titanium will not to succumb to temptation and not to give up. And it's not just 24/7 work, the inability to enjoy what you've earned, the realization that you'll spend many more years like this, etc. In such a situation, thinking about how to make MORE money by STRETCHING the process for many more years is simply ridiculous and comical. It's like going to jail for 10 years (probation) if somebody promise you a couple million $ on the way out. Not everyone would dare to do this. I would not go for it personally, because freedom with a few money is better than unfreedom with a lot of money. The difference here is that there is no way out of prison, but he is free at any time to stand up, wave his hand and say "fuck it all, I'm out" And the fact that he didn't do this and apparently is not going to - proves that "stretching" this process for the sake of money is the last thing he needs and wants. He is already have more than enough. It's for the sake of a dream. His dream of making something to come true the way he want and planned it, so that no one tells him what is better, needs to rush, etc. You may say that's it a bullshit, but it's the only plausible explanation and motivation that would drive him to behave in such way.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
The most interesting part is why we complain about it at all being on a ☠ site?
Because this is one of many places that the games are marketed. It's one of the places that developers visit to get feedback and see what people are saying about their games. It's really that simple. Developers make money by having their games on this site. If this were not the case, it wouldn't happen.

BTW, it's neither here nor there, but I've paid for the half of the game that's been delivered already. Let's see, I paid $70 for Baldur's Gate 3 and I've spent about half of that amount on this game. When it's done, the dev will get that amount. Why? Because I've gotten hours of enjoyment out of what I've played.

Everything about your theories about how much money DPC has, how he spends it, how hard he works, why he continues to work, etc - that's all just speculation. It's why I'm not really focusing on that. If I'm going to invest in a project via something like Patreon, I'd want all the stuff I mentioned in the previous post, for every developer, and it makes perfect sense to want all of that if someone is to invest their money into something.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Yeah, that's probably it. Basically, Maya has no way out. She can't accuse her father of fraud, otherwise he'll be arrested and unable to follow Helen. Not to mention that this whole blackmail situation, if it gets to Helen, will be a serious blow to her.
So the obvious options to solve this dialectic are several.
1) Derek drops out of college and goes home to take care of Helen while Patrick gets arrested.
2) Helen dies and Patrick no longer has power over Maya. Sounds cruel, but only if Helen dies will she be free.
I don't see any positive outcome to this whole story either way.
P.S. I wonder what kind of landmine DPС put under Sage.
Hmm, that's not where I was going with this train of thought.

If Patrick lied and Maya and Derek never truly signed any loan documents (which is my theory) then they're not responsible for the loans. They can also get regular college loans like MC is doing and it won't be a double-hit on the credit score and they'll be much more likely to get the guaranteed school loans since they aren't already in debt.

So if this is the case, Patrick loses all leverage.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy
Dec 29, 2018
You don't understand, do you?

The bank's interest in Maya and Derek being the guarantors is simple. They are the heirs when Patrick and Helen die. With Maya and Derek as guarantors, the bank secures the repayment of the loans because Maya and Derek are the heirs.

Ergo, when Patrick dies, the guarantee of Maya and Derek comes into force. Maya and Derek then have the opportunity to guarantee the repayment of the loans by working at their deceased father's car dealership. That's why the bank accepted Maya and Derek's guarantee, and for good reason.
There is absolutely no way that a bank would want two untrained children managing their potential assets. The bank is interested in Patrick because he's the one with collateral. If he were to die, then the bank would want to get their money's worth as soon as possible. They would not want to sit around and watch Maya and Derek run the family business into the ground. Maya was only on there because Patrick wanted a way to control her.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
There is absolutely no way that a bank would want two untrained children managing their potential assets. The bank is interested in Patrick because he's the one with collateral. If he were to die, then the bank would want to get their money's worth as soon as possible. They would not want to sit around and watch Maya and Derek run the family business into the ground. Maya was only on there because Patrick wanted a way to control her.
Maya and Derek are untrained and you don't need a college degree to sell cars. A bank is interested in money and not in attachable assets. The longer a loan runs, the more money they earn through interest.

Of course, Patrick wants to control Maya and Derek, and that includes making one of them pass on his car dealership.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Of course, Patrick wants to control Maya and Derek, and that includes making one of them pass on his car dealership.
And to please them and change their mind, Patrick bringed them a Porsche, which Derek secretly use to drive Maya here and there, right?
;)

• Haha
Reactions: dalli_x

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You don't understand, do you?

The bank's interest in Maya and Derek being the guarantors is simple. They are the heirs when Patrick and Helen die. With Maya and Derek as guarantors, the bank secures the repayment of the loans because Maya and Derek are the heirs.

Ergo, when Patrick dies, the guarantee of Maya and Derek comes into force. Maya and Derek then have the opportunity to guarantee the repayment of the loans by working at their deceased father's car dealership. That's why the bank accepted Maya and Derek's guarantee, and for good reason.

What would a bank prefer? A guarantor who is able to pay off a loan or to fight an inheritance dispute when the borrower dies and then sell what is seizable so that they can get their money? A guarantor is more profitable.

Patrick is also protecting himself. Why? Maya and/or Derek would then have to work at the car dealership to pay off the loans and at the same time they would earn enough money to provide for Helen, who may still be alive.

The citizenship thing is not theory. It is practice, which I experienced myself at the age of 17. I was a guarantor at that age and I wasn't working at the time. If it's up to you, I should never have been a guarantor, but I was. What you don't understand at all is that a bank wants its money back with interest. A garnishment tries to incur costs that the bank has to bear itself and a bank definitely doesn't want that.

In the case of BaDIK, the bank already has its security through the car dealership. The bank can seize and sell these assets. So it will definitely get its money back, but there are costs involved. But Maya and Derek are bound by the guarantee. So if they don't want to be in debt, Maya and/or Derek have to work at the dealership. Patrick control. This means no more costs for the bank. As a result, the bank's profit is maximized. Achieving the highest possible return with the least possible effort is what every company strives for, and a bank is just a company.
You are wrong

And in my opinion you also know this but you have to continue to support this nonsense. The bank has no use for the heirs to be guarantors, if Patrick died they would also inherit his debt along with the rest anyway, so it would be nonsense

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No, I'm not wrong and your problem is that you want to be right despite your ignorance.:rolleyes:

Yes, they do, because heirs can also refuse the inheritance. This means that the heirs do not receive any assets and do not have to take on any debts.
You are wrong again

You may refuse the debt but at that point you renounce the inheritance, which the bank has already determined is sufficient to pay the debt. So no problem for the bank

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
You are wrong

And in my opinion you also know this but you have to continue to support this nonsense. The bank has no use for the heirs to be guarantors, if Patrick died they would also inherit his debt along with the rest anyway, so it would be nonsense
Their's also no guarantee that Maya would even be an heir, Patrick could, and I think would, write her out of the will.

As to the bank, I agree that they would just want to get their money and not trouble with managing a business.

Also, Dalli, selling things, including cars, is a lot more difficult than you think. Maya and Derek haven't demonstrated that they're capable of doing anything but slack.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
You are wrong again

You may refuse the debt but at that point you renounce the inheritance, which the bank has already determined is sufficient to pay the debt. So no problem for the bank
You just don't understand and you don't read properly. I wrote the same thing. Are you trolling or what?:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Kpyna

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You just don't understand and you don't read properly. I wrote the same thing. Are you trolling or what?:rolleyes:
The problem is that you do not understand what you yourself write.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
If Patrick's assets are enough to pay the debt, as the bank thinks, having Maya and Derek as guarantors would be pointless.

If for some reason the bank had done a bad job, and the assets were no longer enough they would liquidate everything liquidable anyway, rather than leave the business in the hands of 2 novices in the hope that they would make a profit. That would be an unreasonable risk

Reactions: DavDR
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes