noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
I don't want to be the devil's advocate, but I don't know of any developers who post reports every week.
Even when there is no development information, he still posts a status update every Friday. Not to mention posting previews, polls, and the annual Q&A.
I certainly wish his status updates were more complete or he kept some sort of progress chart like other developers do, but otherwise I have no complaints about him.
Here's some perspective. Skyrim game developed by Bethesda. The game was developed with deliberate intent that it should be modded extensively and it has. Early on mod makers spent years of their lives creating some good story mods, like Forgotten City for instance which has become available on Steam. But again, years of development for no payment whatsoever. So that early enthusiasm has faded, now what you get are mostly houses, followers and appearance mods.

Because it takes years to make a good story mod to be given away for nothing in return but criticism and "I love this mod, it is my all time favorite, but....."

Here's the thing, some people do well enough at their day job and have free time otherwise and enjoy the modding hobby. And other people want game development to be their day job. Either way there needs to be substantial income for a dev to make games (or mods) possible for the rest of us.

An no foolin, creating these things takes time. Also an unusual skill set, graphic designer, programmer, story teller. For most talented people one of those tends to temperamentally exclude the others, but sometimes us horndogs get blessed.

So count yer blessings.

Last edited:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Dalli, you're so fucking wrong that it's actually hurting my brain!

We're talking a student loan here, one for 10's of thousands, not even hundreds of thousands.

If Patrick were the recipient of a loan, the bank would not go any further. He has a house, he has a job, the bank would get their money if they needed to.

If Patrick's house is a rental or somehow has 0 equity, and his finances indicate he actually couldn't pay off the loan, then the bank would deny him the loan. If he were to engage someone to be a guarantor in order to get the loan, the bank would once again confirm that this new cunt can pay off the loan. If it was Maya, they'd deny her ass too.

That's how loans work.

If Maya got the loan and Patrick was the guarantor, then that'd be totally legit.

And all this bullshit about Patrick dying? If he died and had creditors chasing his ass, they would rape his estate etc. before his useless offspring get to inherit shit.

That's how shit works.

Giving a developer 5 bucks so you can jerk off to his game isn't the same as buying a car or a house, it's more like buying noodles from a hawker stall, you could get diarrhea, or it could be orgasmic!

Patreon works. People part with money and developers make money. It works. So until it stops working, it's not gonna change much.
Maya and Derek don't have student loans.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Porthas and Kpyna

katzenstreu

Mar 4, 2023
But Maya and Derek are first-degree relatives of Patrick and so they will definitely receive a compulsory share of the inheritance.
i dont think so.
if its written down in a testament that (for example) a homeless shelter gets all the money and stuff all relatives are fucked.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Maya and Derek don't have student loans.:rolleyes:
Probably the most reasonable part in the whole discussion. They don't know what they signed. The Jill's question and explanations are also a good clue, that it's probably not the proper "student loan" but a loan of the other type and nature used to pay for the tuition. And the "Finnman bank" is the one, that's probably gives loans and credits for Patrick's car dealership customers. Patrick used exactly this bank to get the loan for Maya & Derek. And MC reads all that from the papers in the binder. And what's more interesting - Helen's bills (which are paid) is in the same binder, for some reason. Coincidence?

Desktop wallpaper, for instance. It looks like it was designed with a superwide monitor in mind.
I was expecting for more spicy and nasty options, tbh :WeSmart:

Reactions: dalli_x

whiterabbit23

May 22, 2017
It's not bugged -- the author specifically doesn't want people to use mods while playing his game. He's put some checks in it which, if they detect a mod is in use (or was used previously) shut down the game.

You'll either need to play with a mod which can work around it, or play without mods.
But i am not using a moded version, i downloaded the version from here and installed it and played it, and it all goes well until I get back to the house after I have sex with Quinn when I go with her on her drug run, and then it shuts down

katzenstreu

Mar 4, 2023
Probably the most reasonable part in the whole discussion. They don't know what they signed. The Jill's question and explanations are also a good clue, that it's probably not the proper "student loan" but a loan of the other type and nature used to pay for the tuition. And the "Finnman bank" is the one, that's probably gives loans and credits for Patrick's car dealership customers. Patrick used exactly this bank to get the loan for Maya & Derek. And MC reads all that from the papers in the binder. And what's more interesting - Helen's bills (which are paid) is in the same binder, for some reason. Coincidence?
its pretty obvious that patrick used mayas and dereks loans to pay his bills.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x and Kpyna

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I just can't believe Patrick would take advantage of Maya like he has.
She is his daughter, and he treats her like that?

Who the hell does shit like that?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

I have been writing the same thing over the last few days and weeks.

Reactions: Kpyna

katzenstreu

Mar 4, 2023
No compulsory portion in US inheritance law
US inheritance law is governed by the principle of testamentary freedom. A compulsory portion in the sense of German law, i.e. a proportionate share of the estate in terms of value, does not exist in any US state (with the exception of Louisiana, which provides for a kind of compulsory portion for children under the age of 24).

However, the surviving spouse and dependent children must be adequately provided for and have certain rights in the event that they have not been adequately provided for.

Maya and Derek are less than 24 years old. But like Helen, they are both dependent on Patrick.
someone claimed that the radio in jills car hinted that they are in the state of new york.

TittyHeaven

Jan 20, 2023
Here's some perspective. Skyrim game developed by Bethesda. The game was developed with deliberate intent that it should be modded extensively and it has. Early on mod makers spent years of their lives creating some good story mods, like Forgotten City for instance which has become available on Steam. But again, years of development for no payment whatsoever. So that early enthusiasm has faded, now what you get are mostly houses, followers and appearance mods.

Because it takes years to make a good story mod to be given away for nothing in return but criticism and "I love this mod, it is my all time favorite, but....."

Here's the thing, some people do well enough at their day job and have free time otherwise and enjoy the modding hobby. And other people want game development to be their day job. Either way there needs to be substantial income for a dev to make games (or mods) possible for the rest of us.

An no foolin, creating these things takes time. Also an unusual skill set, graphic designer, programmer, story teller. For most talented people one of those tends to temperamentally exclude the others, but sometimes us horndogs get blessed.

So count yer blessings.
I think a lot of it is simply pure impatience and frustration. 6 months to a year is a long time to wait to play something new. 2019-2028+ is a very long wait for it to be done. The players that discover this when it's finished are the luckiest ones.

There's people that started playing it in 2019 that aren't getting an erection to fap to it without a little blue pills help by the time it's done :ROFLMAO:.
I'm waiting for him to announce he's reworking the early episodes or game. This place will meltdown Nuclear.gif .

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
I have been writing the same thing over the last few days and weeks.
If you'd only do that not with an accompanying of Maya's fungal infections spreaded by Patrick or Porsche that he gave to Derek to have fun and drive Maya among the campus. And a bunch of other similar stuff. Then you would probably have been heard better. But half here seems to have blocked you and other half treats you more like a local weirdo and source of lulz. :KEK: I think that's what it is.
R-e-p-u-t-a-t-i-o-n. Shaking label after getting one, etc.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Giving a developer 5 bucks so you can jerk off to his game isn't the same as buying a car or a house, it's more like buying noodles from a hawker stall, you could get diarrhea, or it could be orgasmic!

Patreon works. People part with money and developers make money. It works. So until it stops working, it's not gonna change much.
I've observed that Patreon doesn't work and a lot of people are unhappy with how it works.

It's interesting you mention noodles, there's actually consumer laws and protections in place in case you get a bad batch. A hawker stall could be put out of business for selling bad noodles. It's too bad there's not that kind of protection in place for people who give a lot of money to a project that's never completed, like in what can happen in Patreon. :ROFLMAO:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021

If they signed any kind of loan, it would have shown up on her credit report. This is what's got me thinking they're not really attached to a loan and dear old dad faked the whole thing. He's paying for their school with loans, but the kids aren't attached to them.

Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes