dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
its pretty obvious that patrick used mayas and dereks loans to pay his bills.
That's possible, especially if you think about the fact that he may not have been able to work for the last 3 months because Helen was getting worse. But I think it's unlikely because Patrick could have counted on the help of Maya and Derek at any time in that case, because it wouldn't have been Patrick, but her mother Helen. The college is not far from the Bailey home.

I think it's more so that DPC has built a bridge here so that a connection to Finnman Bank can be established. Jill, Sage, and maybe Josy will realize what the contract is all about, but they can't change it. They don't need to talk to Patrick, all that's left is the lender. The lender can declare a guarantee agreement void.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: katzenstreu

katzenstreu

Mar 4, 2023
That's possible, especially if you think about the fact that he may not have been able to work for the last 3 months because Helen was getting worse. But I think it's unlikely because Patrick could have counted on the help of Maya and Derek at any time in that case, because it wouldn't have been Patrick, but her mother Helen. The college is not far from the Bailey home.
my question to that is: is he the owner of the car dealership or just an employee?
i didnt catch this while playing. if he is the owner there should still some cash coming in.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
my question to that is: is he the owner of the car dealership or just an employee?
i didnt catch this while playing. if he is the owner there should still some cash coming in.
He is managing partner. Therefore, it is possible for him not to own the entire company if there is another shareholder.
screenshot0001.png

Reactions: katzenstreu

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: soprano31

LiuXuande

May 5, 2022
Again - This isn't about DPC. It's about the Patreon system.

If one isn't interested in my opinion on Patreon and how it doesn't incentivize developers working at a quick pace, do not read the following I put in spoilers:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If I buy a car, there are consumer laws protecting me in case I buy a lemon ("lemon" here in the States is slang for a bad car). I can get my money back.

If I put my money in a bank, it's insured by the government up to a certain dollar amount.

Why do laws and insurance like this exist? Because nobody is expected to blindly trust car manufacturers or banks (just two examples out of many I could mention).

So why should the expectation be different for some developer out there I've never met before?

I don't "trust" any developers. I see what they produce and if I like it, I'll pay for it. If I don't, I won't. And there's no guarantee any developer will finish a project - for a wide variety of reasons, some within their control some out of their control.
Not really, Patreon is crowd funding. People pay to support a project with few if no garantee.

If there are people to blame for the absurdly long time developers take to deliver updates. It is the pigeons who keep financing those bad habits by paying for renders and no longer regular update of the game. They are the ones responsible for the situation. Not the Patreon system or developers, but the ones who approve of this endeavor via their wallet.

I've observed that Patreon doesn't work and a lot of people are unhappy with how it works.

It's interesting you mention noodles, there's actually consumer laws and protections in place in case you get a bad batch. A hawker stall could be put out of business for selling bad noodles. It's too bad there's not that kind of protection in place for people who give a lot of money to a project that's never completed, like in what can happen in Patreon. :ROFLMAO:
I have seen the opposite, people still wasting money each month for nothing. If they were unhappy about the situation, they would unsuscribe. You cannot prevent people from using their money as they want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kpyna and dalli_x

whiterabbit23

May 22, 2017
But i am not using a moded version, i downloaded the version from here and installed it and played it, and it all goes well until I get back to the house after I have sex with Quinn when I go with her on her drug run, and then it shuts down
so how can I make the version that is here on the first page for mac work after that point? it's not giving an error or anything, the game just stops

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
But i am not using a moded version, i downloaded the version from here and installed it and played it, and it all goes well until I get back to the house after I have sex with Quinn when I go with her on her drug run, and then it shuts down
You aren't but it could well be that the guy you got the save file from did. In any case, there will be no easy answer from us.
And once you load a save file and progress from the point of save, the problem is not with the save. Save files tainted by a mod normally fail very soon after loading.

whiterabbit23

May 22, 2017
You aren't but it could well be that the guy you got the save file from did. In any case, there will be no easy answer from us.
And once you load a save file and progress from the point of save, the problem is not with the save. Save files tainted by a mod normally fail very soon after loading.
can you help me with a save file then? something that is not moded at all, end of episode 9, doesn't even matter what it is, just something so i don't keep going through the crash :)

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
so how can I make the version that is here on the first page for mac work after that point? it's not giving an error or anything, the game just stops
Look for a way to refresh your game files. Delete and download fresh. You old zip might not be good. Anyway, welcome the the most interesting part of gaming, where you get to explore things like that and figure out what is wrong, because we can only guess, we are not sitting in front of your computer.

katzenstreu

Mar 4, 2023
True, so the point was that there is no point in discussing legalities here. In his own mind, dpc might atually be thinking of the laws of Sweden. Or something.
zoey vanished to san diego and mentioned that she didnt wanted cross borders to visit mexico.
does make sense to apply swedish laws to the game. :rolleyes:

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
If they signed any kind of loan, it would have shown up on her credit report. This is what's got me thinking they're not really attached to a loan and dear old dad faked the whole thing. He's paying for their school with loans, but the kids aren't attached to them.
Somewhere in an ideal world, perhaps. But this is unlikely, because Patrick would have to somehow demonstrate the seriousness of his intentions and the grounds that he has for blackmail. For example, if we assume that this is the case and he did not take out any loans, but simply pays for their education out of his pocket, then what could he do if he found out that Maya was with Josy again? His fanaticism and desire to fulfill the vows given to his wife does not correlate with such soft-hearted behavior and fake blackmail. It's one side of the coin.

And the other side... it's too good to be truth. If they find out that all this loan is fake and bullshit it's then the easiest solution to just tell him to fuck off. Do you believe that all this tuition thing and drama, all this Helen part in story which is dragged from the beginning of the game can end just like this? Really? No drama, no dilemmas, no double bottom? I would call it too naive...

He is managing partner. Therefore, it is possible for him not to own the entire company if there is another shareholder.
View attachment 3294233
He WAS the managing partner. In ~ 13-15 years from the moment in the screenshot, he could have taken a higher position or become the owner/co-owner of the company.

Should she think I'm a weirdo? But I theorized about two years ago that Patrick might mistreat Maya. Most people laughed about it, but in EP10 they cried about it.
Wasn't it obvious? Without even knowing what we learned in EP10? Even without physical violence (OK, this cannot be called full-fledged physical violence, and Maya and Derek say that he did NOT BEAT or HIT them, and grabbing her hands is closer to pressure, psychological, through minor physical). We already learned that her father is blackmailing her and threat to take away her tuition and college. And, what's most important he started to behave this way only after he learned about Josy. His attitude to Maya changed cardinally after that. He was rough while raising them, but treated them well.

Fuck... when your own parent blackmail you and threatens to turn your whole life down because of your sexual orientation, especially when you 18+ it's fucking worse than any physical abuse. Psychological abuse is often much more devastating and worse than a physical one. Your own parents are the ones who you supposed to trust (fully!), who is supposed to support you. Not being able to trust your parents and just having a thought that they may blackmail you, threaten you or something like that is trully horrible shit.

It's not so scary anymore when you're older, you're on your feet, you've studied and found a job. But when your adult life has just begun and you are literally threatened to ruin your entire future, not to mention being forced to give up the present that you have planned for yourself... It's damn bad.

Last edited:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Somewhere in an ideal world, perhaps. But this is unlikely, because Patrick would have to somehow demonstrate the seriousness of his intentions and the grounds that he has for blackmail. For example, if we assume that this is the case and he did not take out any loans, but simply pays for their education out of his pocket, then what could he do if he found out that Maya was with Josy again? His fanaticism and desire to fulfill the vows given to his wife does not correlate with such soft-hearted behavior and fake blackmail. It's one side of the coin.

And the other side... it's too good to be truth. If they find out that all this loan is fake and bullshit it's then the easiest solution to just tell him to fuck off. Do you believe that all this tuition thing and drama, all this Helen part in story which is dragged from the beginning of the game can end just like this? Really? No drama, no dilemmas, no double bottom? I would call it too naive...
If he found out Maya was with Josy again he could cancel the loan payments to the school, thinking that Maya would think she's in debt and could not take out more loans.

But as her credit score indicates - she's not in debt. So Patrick obviously didn't count on her checking into that.

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
zoey vanished to san diego and mentioned that she didnt wanted cross borders to visit mexico.
does make sense to apply swedish laws to the game. :rolleyes:
He is from and lives in Sweden. I would expect him to know more about Swedish law than US, which can, of course, vary from state to state. It might not work like that in Sweden, which is after all, a monarchy. Regardless, we really don't know what he knows do we?

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
If he found out Maya was with Josy again he could cancel the loan payments to the school, thinking that Maya would think she's in debt and could not take out more loans.

But as her credit score indicates - she's not in debt. So Patrick obviously didn't count on her checking into that.
So, all his threatment is fake and based on the assumption that Maya will never check her credit history, never go to the bank and try to take out a loan, etc. etc. If so, this will be the most miserable place in this story and what is called "bad writing". I wouldn't bet on it.
What about Derek? Why he did the same thing to him? Just w/o threatments. He really trust him. What's the sense?

It can't end so easily and without hard moral choices or background.

p.s. what the sense then of allowing player to fail the mission of getting the contract?

Last edited:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
So, all his threatment is fake and based on the assumption that Maya will never check her credit history, never go to the bank and try to take out a loan, etc. etc. If so, this will be the most miserable place in this story and what is called "bad writing". I wouldn't bet on it.
What about Derek? Why he did the same thing to him? Just w/o threatments. He really trust him. What's the sense?

p.s. what the sense then of allowing player to fail the mission of getting the contract?
While there could be more it but it seems at this point a big part of the loan problem is that Maya didn't read it. At least Maya did have sense enough to check her credit score I don't think this is bad writing

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

because for example if Derek had been treated differently this would have created more doubt in Maya? so what difference does it make to Derek? absolutely none. what reason would Derek ever have for not trusting his father? it seems to me that there is no contrast between the 2

do you seriously think that Patrick's plan was designed to keep Maya bound for years and years? protact blackmail throughout college, at least 5 years and beyond?

true undying love is for theories

p.s. the sense of failing the mission of retrieving the documents is one of many checkpoints that will measure which relationship can move forward and which cannot. they will certainly not begin 2 separate stories from here on out

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes