Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
because for example if Derek had been treated differently this would have created more doubt in Maya? so what difference does it make to Derek? absolutely none. what reason would Derek ever have for not trusting his father? it seems to me that there is no contrast between the 2

do you seriously think that Patrick's plan was designed to keep Maya bound for years and years? protact blackmail throughout college, at least 5 years and beyond?

true undying love is for theories

p.s. the sense of failing the mission of retrieving the documents is one of many checkpoints that will measure which relationship can move forward and which cannot. they will certainly not begin 2 separate stories from here on out
One more time. All that history and background was built to just simply tell Patrick to fuck off? And on the contrary failing the mission is to prevent Maya to tell him to fuck off? What will change in her life then?, I mean significantly.
Such simple solution would be a quite miserable excuse to drag this tuition story for 10 episodes, show us the Baileys family from inside just to end it like this. Absolute nonsense. As much as I don't like the far fetched theories and exaggerations in any way, but such outcome is just too cheap and too simple way to get out of this shit. It will feel like the wasted time and investment. Not buying it.

Each MG got it's own background and problems to solve. Some of this started in the very first episodes, some later. Something is still brewing and not revealed. Some of things are common and shared across all branches, like Quinn's part with prostitution, drug dealing, Stephen participation, etc. Why the Maya's part have to end so easy? Nope, no way.

Reactions: dalli_x

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
question for people that frequent other dik forums/discords/etc:

I know people in here call jill a goblin and no one could even be bothered to post her poll pics until a couple of days passed. But, what do they think of her in other sites?

Reactions: Heavy Flo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
One more time. All that history and background was built to just simply tell Patrick to fuck off? And on the contrary failing the mission is to prevent Maya to tell him to fuck off? What will change in her life then?, I mean significantly.
Such simple solution would be a quite miserable excuse to drag this tuition story for 10 episodes, show us the Baileys family from inside just to end it like this. Absolute nonsense. As much as I don't like the far fetched theories and exaggerations in any way, but such outcome is just too cheap and too simple way to get out of this shit. It will feel like the wasted time and investment. Not buying it.

Each MG got it's own background and problems to solve. Some of this started in the very first episodes, some later. Something is still brewing and not revealed. Some of things are common and shared across all branches, like Quinn's part with prostitution, drug dealing, Stephen participation, etc. Why the Maya's part have to end so easy? Nope, no way.
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
so according to you every plot has to absolutely drag on until the last chapter? it is not permissible for Maya to have another plot (better than none anyway) outside of the loan? the relationship with her father, her mother's situation is not enough, Maya has to spend another 6 chapters thinking her way out of a con (because however you put it Patrick's is a con).

the documents will be another fruitless wait, as was talking to Burke, precisely because they are non-canon, I don't think Maya will be given her own bad ending (considering how averagely she is hated it would become perhaps among the most viewed endings in the game...)

it is also not certain that in any case Jill's lawyer will be able to read them as early as the next chapter, assuming she is reliable and not a random "Priscilla"

we have to invent an astral conjunction of planets for Maya to actually be bound to a loan, as if the fact that she wasn't somehow rectifies her situation. if the loan is Patrick's, the money is Patrick's, Maya doesn't have her tuition paid anyway, no more nightmare of bankruptcy, but her story at BR would still be over (let's cut the nonsense about people paying out of generosity for Maya's enrollment, Jill, whose financial situation doesn't exactly seem that bright, won't do it, and no one else will). at that point there will HAVE TO be a confrontation with her father, and that will close this very long cycle.

at which point by the last season they will probably be affixing the problems common to all the runs

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
I haven't told that the Maya's loan story must not end and have to be dragged till the end of the game. I told (or tried to) that it won't end so simple and lighthearted as you think. We are at the point that shit started to hit the vent and this is one of pieces.

Well, I'm even glad that some people feel the relief and hoping for such easy exit from this situation. Do you expect the same for the Quinn & Stephen? Vinny & Riona? Even if something ends so fast and easy it doesn't mean that it won't left the consequences, sometimes very sour.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: The Ninja

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
This is possible so that Patrick has not included Maya and/or Derek in his will, if at all. But Maya and Derek are first-degree relatives of Patrick and so they will definitely receive a compulsory share of the inheritance.

It's also logical, because taking over and selling a pledge always involves costs and no company wants additional costs.

I agree with you about Maya, because she's introverted. But it's not difficult for Derek because he's very good at selling himself. You can sell anything, you just have to follow one rule. The salesperson sells himself to the customer first and then the product.
Seriously, would you buy Derek?

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I haven't told that the Maya's loan story must not end and have to be dragged till the end of the game. I told (or tried to) that it won't end so simple and lighthearted as you think. We are at the point that shit started to hit the vent and this is one of pieces.

Well, I'm even glad that some people feel the relief and hoping for such easy exit from this situation. Do you expect the same for the Quinn & Stephen? Vinny & Riona? Even if something ends so fast and easy it doesn't mean that it won't left the consequences, sometimes very sour.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
would it be an "easy exit" for Maya to discover that she has been deceived all this time by jeopardizing her relationship with Josy for a scam? I am sure was one of her main aspirations making an idiot of herself in front of everyone
would being forced to confront her father be a walk in the park? after she has pretty much failed to do so all her life--a confrontation in which somehow Helen will have to play a part as well.
I am sure she will celebrate when she finds out.:oops:

in what, on the other hand, would it be a more complicated and painful end to set up a blackmail, which must make a mockery of all realism, and which must at that point be confronted in a court of law? really suffered...

Reactions: DavDR

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Probably the most reasonable part in the whole discussion. They don't know what they signed. The Jill's question and explanations are also a good clue, that it's probably not the proper "student loan" but a loan of the other type and nature used to pay for the tuition. And the "Finnman bank" is the one, that's probably gives loans and credits for Patrick's car dealership customers. Patrick used exactly this bank to get the loan for Maya & Derek. And MC reads all that from the papers in the binder. And what's more interesting - Helen's bills (which are paid) is in the same binder, for some reason. Coincidence?

I was expecting for more spicy and nasty options, tbh :WeSmart:
If it's a binder of loan paper work, it's not a coincidence it's just logic.

Briefly, let me explain why this loan storyline is so fucked up. Banking laws regulate who can borrow money. It differs slightly in each jurisdiction but simply put. you can borrow money if you prove that it's reasonable that you can pay it back. Governments do this to ensure that the banks don't go bust and ruin the economy. (that's the theory anyway).

Now let's look at Maya's loan. When you take a loan, it's paid to the primary borrower directly or to an institution designated in the loan agreement, like a college or someone you are buying a house from or etc. This part of the loan agreement is regulated, you can't just take out a loan to pay to your cousin Charlie because you like him. The bank would never grant such a loan because the government would be all over their ass if they did.

Now what kind of loan is Maya dealing with? We don't know yet but there are only so many scenario's for this.

Maya takes a loan to pay for college. This is a loan she would never get because she's not a qualified borrower, there's no reasonable expectation that she can pay it back. Now if Patrick, her Father who has a house, a car, a business co signs her loan then she would be paid her money directly or it would be paid to B & R, Patrick would never touch it. But if the loan defaulted, the bank would go after Maya's assets, see she had none, then turn to Patrick, the co signer to collect their debt. Good for Maya but it doesn't work for DPC or his story.

Patrick takes a loan to pay for Maya's college. This is a possible loan. Patrick has a house, a car, a business, it's reasonable that he can repay it. What's not reasonable is that Patrick could add Maya as a cosigner. Why? Because it's redundant, Patrick can pay back the loan. Because Maya is not a qualified borrower. And because the bank would never grant such a loan because the government would be all over their ass if they did.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: 7thOmen and dalli_x

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
If he found out Maya was with Josy again he could cancel the loan payments to the school, thinking that Maya would think she's in debt and could not take out more loans.

But as her credit score indicates - she's not in debt. So Patrick obviously didn't count on her checking into that.
Another loose end, does Maya even have a credit score? She's never held a job, she has no property or assets that we know of, how is it likely that she has a bank account or a credit card?

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Another loose end, does Maya even have a credit score? She's never held a job, she has no property or assets that we know of, how is it likely that she has a bank account or a credit card?
If Maya has some bills that she pays then she would but that seems unlikely

Heavy Flo

Jan 17, 2024
question for people that frequent other dik forums/discords/etc:

I know people in here call jill a goblin and no one could even be bothered to post her poll pics until a couple of days passed. But, what do they think of her in other sites?
She's very popular to the point I've seen it argued more than once she's the only true romance or the canon one. Sage is by far the VNs most popular girl though as in it's not even close something about her drives people fucking crazy but Jill is probably second. There was a poll for sex scenes for last episode and I think her sex scene came second for example. I have a shit memory though.

I love Maya and Josy so I was like YAY this place loves Josy at first but then realized all the Josy love was coming from the same handful of people :ROFLMAO:. I was told waifu wars drove off a lot of the fans of other girls. F95 is a little weird tbh it's probably the hardest place to get a feel for what girl is popular because there's so much shitposting and mega simping.

Reactions: lobotomist

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
You have a credit score even if you're young just starting out - it won't be a great one but you'll have one - and in the U.S. young college students can get college loans backed by the government - so they don't need high credit scores to get them.

Reactions: dalli_x and Kpyna

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
You have a credit score even if you're young just starting out - it won't be a great one but you'll have one - and in the U.S. young college students can get college loans backed by the government - so they don't need high credit scores to get them.
Probably you won't have one unless somebody is reporting on you, like utility bills, etc. Or if you apply for credit. True it will not be worth much. Government backs student loans applied for through your school. Not bank loans or other kinds. It is also true that some lenders, like credit card companies will fold themselves in half to give a college student a credit card. Boom, you have a credit score. In the US. Sweden might be similar.

In fact, it might be that Sweden does not have a government insured student loan program. Or it might even be that tuitions are not so ridiculously high there, or maybe even free. So, dpc might be thinking in terms of that, and then allowing for what he knows of US differences.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavDR
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes