Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
Sage is the one who has trouble exposing herself in this relationship, it falls to MC to play the role of the one who has to constantly put pressure on her for anything.

but just considering this, the dinner becomes even more grotesque, it almost seems as if Sage is giving MC a foretaste of goodbye, and he, after all the insistence on being serious, on not wanting to be either fuck buddy or rebound guy, seems to miss the point of what they are talking about at all. o_O

up to that point he might not have thought about it, or he might not even have wanted to think about it, but once the topic is there it has to be addressed, instead they seem to be exchanging fishing tips, neither of the 2 appear to be bothered by the prospect of having to say goodbye in a few months.

if it were Lily or another sidegirl at that dinner, it would be fine, but with Sage MC has insisted to the point of boredom that it is an important relationship, it is not believable that he would so accept the prospect of a termination so close to everything they are

this is a scene that serves more to remind the players that they will have to face painful choices, but it seems to me to be completely out of focus in the reactions of the 2 main characters, who don't seem to know what they are talking about
It's really hard to explain MC's passive reaction to Sage saying she was going to leave town after college. He either wants to protect himself and not look that far ahead and just go with the flow (he's always done that), or he's not serious about Sage.
But still I think there will be good endings for all the girls, even Bella. MC can leave town with Sage or Sage will find a job in the same town so she won't have to leave MC. Lots of ways to stay together. But it's probably MC's actions, the way he's been with Sage all this time, that will define this couple.
Sage and MC hardly talk about their future, they don't even know where their relationship will take them. I hope there will be more specifics in the next episodes. Sage has always been in a catch-up status of main LI, and now that she's in a full-fledged relationship, she's going to leave college and leave MC behind. Then Sage's words of regret when he decided to let her go are incomprehensible. Hell, you were going to leave college anyway!

Reactions: vireker

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's really hard to explain MC's passive reaction to Sage saying she was going to leave town after college. He either wants to protect himself and not look that far ahead and just go with the flow (he's always done that), or he's not serious about Sage.
But still I think there will be good endings for all the girls, even Bella. MC can leave town with Sage or Sage will find a job in the same town so she won't have to leave MC. Lots of ways to stay together. But it's probably MC's actions, the way he's been with Sage all this time, that will define this couple.
Sage and MC hardly talk about their future, they don't even know where their relationship will take them. I hope there will be more specifics in the next episodes. Sage has always been in a catch-up status of main LI, and now that she's in a full-fledged relationship, she's going to leave college and leave MC behind. Then Sage's words of regret when he decided to let her go are incomprehensible. Hell, you were going to leave college anyway!
it's not that Sage seems to realize better what it means what they are talking about....

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I just realized something. Patrick is managing partner. What if there was another partner who transferred his shares in the company (car dealership) to Maya and Derek without Maya and Derek knowing about it? Helen.

Then Maya and Derek would each own a quarter of the company and then it would be logical for the bank to want and allow Maya and Derek as citizens.
Are you familiar with the phrase 'Grasping at straws'?

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Of course I know this because I recently used it myself. But do you know the expression?

"Better from a warm hand than from a cold hand."
No. But I'm not the one trying to put lipstick on a pig story line.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
No. But I'm not the one trying to put lipstick on a pig story line.
Well, then I want to enlighten you.

"Better from a warm hand than from a cold hand." Means to pass something on to someone when you are alive. Warm hand = passing on during life, cold hand = death (inheritance).

What does Neil say to the MC on his 19th birthday? So that young people don't have to worry about making a will.

What does Derek say to the MC in EP10. So that he has expected his mother to die every day since he was 5 years old. Like that? The letter from Helen on her walker. Helen's illness made her think about her death. The letter proves this. I think it was so Helen signed over her shares in the car dealership to Maya and Derek when they weren't children. She did it because she knew she wouldn't be able to do it later. Beginning of her dementia.

At what age did the MC receive his inheritance? At 19. When did Maya and Derek turn 19? On May 5th of the current year. Firstly, it is her birthday and secondly, Josy and Maya got together a year earlier and had sex in the tent, so they were 18 years old at that time.

Age 19 is the point. Before Maya and Derek turned 19, Patrick had full control over the borrowing because he was Maya and Derek's guardian and could have input into their dealings. But since May 5th. In the current year, Patrick can no longer easily take out loans because the other half of the car dealership belongs to Maya and Derek and they no longer need a guardian. In order to get the two loans for Maya and Derek, they had to be guarantors. Patrick just kept this all secret from Maya and Derek. He just had them sign it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they find out in EP11. The only question then is whether Maya will keep her share or sell it.

Reactions: dav3knight

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
I wouldn't be surprised if they find out in EP11. The only question then is whether Maya will keep her share or sell it.
I find this all extremely unlikely. That said, if it does end up happening, there's only one right choice. Any connection with Patrick, any continued association with Patrick, is only going to cause Maya more trouble in the future. Cut the ties that bind.

homersell.gif

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Well, then I want to enlighten you.

"Better from a warm hand than from a cold hand." Means to pass something on to someone when you are alive. Warm hand = passing on during life, cold hand = death (inheritance).

What does Neil say to the MC on his 19th birthday? So that young people don't have to worry about making a will.

What does Derek say to the MC in EP10. So that he has expected his mother to die every day since he was 5 years old. Like that? The letter from Helen on her walker. Helen's illness made her think about her death. The letter proves this. I think it was so Helen signed over her shares in the car dealership to Maya and Derek when they weren't children. She did it because she knew she wouldn't be able to do it later. Beginning of her dementia.

At what age did the MC receive his inheritance? At 19. When did Maya and Derek turn 19? On May 5th of the current year. Firstly, it is her birthday and secondly, Josy and Maya got together a year earlier and had sex in the tent, so they were 18 years old at that time.

Age 19 is the point. Before Maya and Derek turned 19, Patrick had full control over the borrowing because he was Maya and Derek's guardian and could have input into their dealings. But since May 5th. In the current year, Patrick can no longer easily take out loans because the other half of the car dealership belongs to Maya and Derek and they no longer need a guardian. In order to get the two loans for Maya and Derek, they had to be guarantors. Patrick just kept this all secret from Maya and Derek. He just had them sign it.

OK, this has to be the most batshit crazy argument I have ever read, even for dalli

Aug 29, 2023
According to Swyper, Cathy is 38.

According to Rooster, Cathy’s username is CathyJones79. Because duh, she was born in 1979.

Hence the events of Being a DIK take place in 2017.

I know, I know; it’s not meant to be pinned down to any specific year. Problem is, it’s inevitable that it will be. Phones will grow more sophisticated, and the phones we see in the game will eventually be very old tech. Tommy, Patrick, and the Alphas’ homophobia grows more and more outdated every year. God willing, student loans may also become a thing of the past as it becomes more and more obvious that a stupid electorate is how we get fascism, so it’s vital that our country guarantees free K-16 education for all.

Frankly it’s better for the narrative that the story stays fixed in one point and time. When episode 16 is finally posted, sometime in 2031, the story can leap forward to the then-present day, when everyone’s attending the 10-year reunion of the MC’s class, and we can find out what everyone’s been up to. Derek’s become a stripper, Sage and Jill and Rusty have taken over their families’ businesses, Tommy and Tybalt are happily married and suck each others’ assholes every night, and the MC and Ginny Weasley are just seeing their eldest son off to Hogwarts.

Wait, no, he’s with Sally. Because she claimed his 14-inch trouser serpent didn’t matter, but once she finally took the ride, she had to get the season pass.

Its like this big Sally.jpg

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022

According to Rooster, Cathy’s username is CathyJones79. Because duh, she was born in 1979.

I know, I know; it’s not meant to be pinned down to any specific year. Problem is, it’s inevitable that it will be. Phones will grow more sophisticated, and the phones we see in the game will eventually be very old tech. Tommy, Patrick, and the Alphas’ homophobia grows more and more outdated every year. God willing, student loans may also become a thing of the past as it becomes more and more obvious that a stupid electorate is how we get fascism, so it’s vital that our country guarantees free K-16 education for all.

Frankly it’s better for the narrative that the story stays fixed in one point and time. When episode 16 is finally posted, sometime in 2031, the story can leap forward to the then-present day, when everyone’s attending the 10-year reunion of the MC’s class, and we can find out what everyone’s been up to. Derek’s become a stripper, Sage and Jill and Rusty have taken over their families’ businesses, Tommy and Tybalt are happily married and suck each others’ assholes every night, and the MC and Ginny Weasley are just seeing their eldest son off to Hogwarts.

Wait, no, he’s with Sally. Because she claimed his 14-inch trouser serpent didn’t matter, but once she finally took the ride, she had to get the season pass.

View attachment 3304735
too many drugs my friend :KEK:
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.gif

Reactions: Bubba McSmith

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017

View attachment 3304735

You know, that reminds me. Wasn't the MC from Acting Lessons also a DIK?

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

anon44

Jun 30, 2019
What do I need to download if I start from scratch? Haven't played the game since S2.
Season 1-2 download in OP spoiler for ep1-8 and then S3 Interlude+Episode 10 downloads for interlude+S3. After you finish ep1-8 on the first game exe, at the end of ep 8 it tells you when to make a save that can be transferred over to the second exe in the S3 download. Then you just run that game exe and use the import option, or whatever it says bottom left, I don't remember.

Reactions: KaiserST

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
A lot been said about waifu wars driving people away from here in the past but at least in this place for the most part you can disagree with someone and they not be a bully about it and attack someone for disagreeing with them. Sorry maybe I shouldn't say this but was a little heated about something that happen in a other place not on this site

Last edited:
Reactions: A360

Lethal Flourish

Oct 8, 2021
A lot been said about waifu wars driving people away from here in the past but at least in this place for the most part you can disagree with someone and they not be a bully about it and attack someone for disagreeing with them. Sorry maybe I shouldn't say this but was a little heated about something that happen in a other place not on this site
Did I miss the war? Who was it this time ?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes