Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Don't find a problem where there isn't one. Are you conducting a legal dispute yourself without having legal protection insurance? Let's see how far you get. It also depends on who you are suing. If your opponent is rich, he will drag you from court to court and legal fees are not cheap.

For example, why would he go to prison over a custody dispute? One speaks of a legal dispute and not of a criminal case or a capital crime.
Right but legal dispute can mean anything of course it most likely nothing that is criminal but it worth asking what did Neil do. Other wise it a plot hole because even if it someone just trying to drag you through the court a lawyer can handle it for you of course that cost money but still that would be something over time he can come out of .

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Right but legal dispute can mean anything of course it most likely nothing that is criminal but it worth asking what did Neil do. Other wise it a plot hole because even if it someone just trying to drag you through the court a lawyer can handle it for you of course that cost money but still that would be something over time he can come out of .
Doesn't have to be anything Neil has done specifically. Could be something like a company he worked for making him a scapegoat for some failure and saddling him with some kind of settlement payment.

Reactions: ksuha and dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Doesn't have to be anything Neil has done specifically. Could be something like a company he worked for making him a scapegoat for some failure and saddling him with some kind of settlement payment.
Possible but that would make hard for Neil to get work

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
there doesn't seem to be any mention of this possible problem in the game, and we've seen Neil on the construction site and talked to people who work with him like Luis the window salesman, so I would dismiss it as a hypothesis

DavDR

Engaged Member
Oct 14, 2020
Agreed. Neil works in construction… as does my brother, who owns a half-million-dollar house, three cars, and supports a wife and five kids with that income. And Neil’s a supervisor… and somehow he’s barely getting by.

Now, a plausible explanation would be that when Lynette died, the doctors went to extraordinary lengths to save her, and they were very expensive, and Neil got saddled with the entirety of that hospital bill.

I have a friend who nearly lost her life to Covid, and her bill was in the millions. Without health insurance, she’d be paying that (and her student loans) off for life. If Neil was uninsured—if he’s non-union and his bosses shafted him—of course he’s poor, and might be poor forever. And if he earns enough money to pay those giant bills and a mortgage, he’s not eligible for government aid.

So: implausible, but not impossible. It’s just DPC never fully explained the poverty.
Someone else made a similar point but 19 years of debt? There is such a thing as bankruptcy and it's not as hard as to get through as most think. It's also a plausible escape for Maya. Anyway we could quibble about it forever. The point is DPC doesn't research, he just makes up and that doesn't make for a very good story. Also, DPC claimed in one post that he visited San Diego once. I don't believe it, he's either totally oblivious or he steps around the truth a lot.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
While we don't know what kind of opportunities Neil has we know know he is working
He's working, yes...
But maybe he's so dumb that he forgets to collect his salary.
This would not be surprising. He's MC's father after all.

DavDR

Engaged Member
Oct 14, 2020
I'm assuming this is because the MC didn't bond with Neil until he was 12. It was only through a legal dispute that Neil was awarded custody of his son.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No that's just an English expression, it doesn't connotate that the bonding began at that time it just indicates that the activity brought Father and Son into a closer bond.

DavDR

Engaged Member
Oct 14, 2020
Don't find a problem where there isn't one. Are you conducting a legal dispute yourself without having legal protection insurance? Let's see how far you get. It also depends on who you are suing. If your opponent is rich, he will drag you from court to court and legal fees are not cheap.

For example, why would he go to prison over a custody dispute? One speaks of a legal dispute and not of a criminal case or a capital crime.
Google Anti Slapp legislation in the US. That will explain it to you.

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
Fucking LMAO. I mean hey, I'm all for everyone enjoying their LI's and all.
If people said she was cute, petit, sporty, competitive, kinky, sexy and quite a few other things, I'd say: Hell fucking yeah.

But LOYAL? Lmao. The game fucking starts with her being a hoe and cheating on Maya.
Josy is a lot of great things(yes, I am a MJ enjoyer too), but using loyalty as a standout virtue for Josy is beyond delusional.
The stale relationship doesn't not justify cheating, end of story. Brake it off and fuck who you want.
Josy and Maya are opposed to each other by DPC himself.
Some character traits stand out more clearly against the background of others.
It doesn't matter that Josy was cheating on Maya. What matters is that Josy's loyalty is now really shown by DPC as one of the most important characteristics of her character. She tells several times that she doesn't want to cheat on Maya and wants to break up first with her and then date MC. She doesn't even look at MC so as not to kiss him accidentally, she's so focused on Maya's fidelity.
Insecure, needy, emotionally immature, sore loser, constant emotional blackmail and she's a cheater :unsure:
The fact that Josy is insecure is true. The rest is just how you interpret the character. Also, Josy having self-doubts is a total fan service, created so that more people like her.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Josy and Maya are opposed to each other by DPC himself.
Some character traits stand out more clearly against the background of others.
It doesn't matter that Josy was cheating on Maya. What matters is that Josy's loyalty is now really shown by DPC as one of the most important characteristics of her character. She tells several times that she doesn't want to cheat on Maya and wants to break up first with her and then date MC. She doesn't even look at MC so as not to kiss him accidentally, she's so focused on Maya's fidelity.

The fact that Josy is insecure is true. The rest is just how you interpret the character. Also, Josy having self-doubts is a total fan service, created so that more people like her.
Josy always had her self-doubts that wasn't something added later it there in ep1 and ep2

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
No that's just an English expression, it doesn't connotate that the bonding began at that time it just indicates that the activity brought Father and Son into a closer bond.
The question still remains, even if there was only a closer bond? It is suggested to us that Neil is the MC's sole caregiver since his birth. How is an even closer bond supposed to be? No, something is wrong there.

I have grave fears about Lynette. I'm just playing from the beginning again and just read EP6 today so Lynette didn't want Neil to read her diary. There will be something in this diary that Lynette kept from Neil. There are a lot of possibilities as to what it could be, but I imagine it will shock the MC.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes