Riaman

Nov 27, 2020
when the ninth chapter came out, DPC announced that we were at 33% of the new season, at which point it might have really seemed like the season ended at the eleventh chapter. but in fact DPC and his strange math counted with the interlude as half a chapter so it counted 1.5 done out of 4.5 total to be done
Interlude though almost 95% linear had totally new locations and characters, sounds about right to be 50% of normal Chapter.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I find party planner to be quite a fun mini-game tbh.
To be honest, the party planner and the mansion game are the only mini games in BaDIK that are fun. Brawler is shit, english class even more so (especially when you're not a native speaker), math class is just boring in all Seasons, and triple tiles, basketball and shuffle is completely unneeded. Pancakes, tennis, and the beach ball game are totally crap. The science class could be fun, but after the tenth time playing it's just boring. Oh, and the fishys can just die. I don't care. Did I forget one of the many playtime expanse games?

I'm just happy URM exists. So I can skip the shitty games and edit easily to an outcome I would achieve anyway because I know by now how to win all the games. Why wasting my time? But party planner and mansion game I play seriously every time, even I could edit the outcome easily too. It's just these two games are enjoyable. It's a shame I have to endure all the other games in every playthrough just because I want to play these games.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
So quick question? And i'm sorry if this has been asked many times before but to get any scenes with josy do you still have to be on the ridiculous Josy/maya path? Not played this since that became a thing and with having no interest at all in maya or a threeway relationship I just gave up playing as josy was the only main LI that I found appealing.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
i'm sorry if this ha been asked many times
It's okay. Many questions are repeating, but there'll be new players of the game all the time. So mocking you for it would be gatekeeping and that's something nobody needs.
to get any scenes with josy do you still have to be on the ridiculous Josy/maya path?
Yes.
Not played this since that became a thing and with having no interest at all in maya or a threeway relationship I just gave up as josy was the main LI that I found appealing.
Well, if you're a completionist who wants to play all outcomes for yourself there's no way around to play the throuple route. At the moment you can get Josy only with Maya. They let you in in their relationship. It's not the MC who founded the relationship. But every path has it's positives and negatives. If you play every path as seriously as possible you can find joy on every route. Even with that disgusting piece of shit Quinn.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
It's okay. Many questions are repeating, but there'll be new players of the game all the time. So mocking you for it would be gatekeeping and that's something nobody needs.
Yes.
Well, if you're a completionist who wants to play all outcomes for yourself there's no way around to play the throuple route. At the moment you can get Josy only with Maya. They let you in in their relationship. It's not the MC who founded the relationship. But every path has it's positives and negatives. If you play every path as seriously as possible you can find joy on every route. Even with that disgusting piece of shit Quinn.
Thank you for the straight to the point answer. I guess I will wait for the completion of this game and try my luck again (y)

lazymunchlax

Dec 15, 2018
Hi, Just wanted to ask before investing too much time, but is this game as "bad" as Acting Lessons? I need to know so I can prepare myself before attempting it.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Hi, Just wanted to ask before investing too much time, but is this game as "bad" as Acting Lessons? I need to know so I can prepare myself before attempting it.
character and story wise it's better. No major choices that are dark like in AL. However in some area's this game may be worst than AL depends on your taste. Like I personally don't enjoy the minigames especially the management ones on more than one playthrough but I cant help but keep turned on for all saves incase there is a mini game exclusive too a certain path. So the mini games do get boring and tiring fast but are fun the first couple of times.

lazymunchlax

Dec 15, 2018
character and story wise it's better. No major choices that are dark like in AL. However in some area's this game may be worst than AL depends on your taste. Like I personally don't enjoy the minigames especially the management ones on more than one playthrough but I cant help but keep turned on for all saves incase there is a mini game exclusive too a certain path. So the mini games do get boring and tiring fast but are fun the first couple of times.
Oh, I can take the mini games.

I just don't know if I could take another dark ending.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Oh, I can take the mini games.

I just don't know if I could take another dark ending.
from what I heard there won't be any thing dark like in AL but who knows he could always change his mind. There is a moment in the last update that could easily take a turn for the worst and be dark but I doubt it would be AL dark considering there is gonna be at least 1 more season + 2 more episodes. Plus the character is decently popular and be weird to get rid of her at this stage. Since from what I understand her path is finally starting to be more than one night stands and starting to be more romantic and wholesome.

Reactions: TREXrg and UrFriend

UrFriend

Aug 30, 2022
So quick question? And i'm sorry if this has been asked many times before but to get any scenes with josy do you still have to be on the ridiculous Josy/maya path? Not played this since that became a thing and with having no interest at all in maya or a threeway relationship I just gave up playing as josy was the only main LI that I found appealing.
They are a two for one deal, for the time being at least.

Reactions: TREXrg

duckydoodoo

Nov 9, 2023
i think im too old for this game and maybe most college games. i find the sandbox too tedious, and i get lost running around the frat house trying to complete all the objectives. think the reason i cant stand the sandbox portion is that you have to complete all the objectives before you move on in order to see the actual story, at which point they can just show the damned story without me having to remember who's room is where or where so and so is supposed to be and when i cant having to click on every damn room and hallway trying to remember. if its all part of the story and all necessary to see the story, why do i have to work for it, just tell the damn story. also, get off my lawn. seriously this game is starting to make me feel like a stereotypical grumpy old man, instead of just a grump old man. funny enough, i remember university being way more sleazy and slutty than this fiction. anyway, i liked this game but refuse to do the sandbox grind anymore. if someone mods it so that it just plays through where i dont have to manually click on every fucking hallway room and toilet for 30mins straight completing objectives, umm yeah thatd be great.

TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022
well story has not ended yet so not sure
what i find disdurbing is that all characters are in pair what rings an Acting Lesson bell in my head

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Interlude though almost 95% linear had totally new locations and characters, sounds about right to be 50% of normal Chapter.
How so? It is inconparably shorter and less replayable. Maybe a quarter to be generous. Coincidentally, Chapter 10 took almost as long as the interlude and ninth...

Reactions: DavDR

lazymunchlax

Dec 15, 2018
I've downloaded the game but the application wont run.
Task manager tells me its running but I'm not seeing anything.
I've tried "Running as admin".

I've even deleted it and extracted it again :( What's wrong?

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
What's wrong?
This game has to load tons of files and data in the background and that takes a while on old/slow machines. On some computers you've to be patient for a minute and more. There's no loading screen so it looks like nothing happens, but you just have to wait until it's done.

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024
It's quite light hearted although there's some serious shit thrown into the mix. The developer himself said it was intended to have a more light hearted tone.

The biggest issue with the game is how long it's gonna take to complete. Based on the more recent episode development times, it could take up to 6 more years to complete. Although if you follow the development time trend since it began, it could take a lot longer than that!

That said, when it comes to "investing time" this game is a major sink. There are multiple different paths to play and they are all a lot of fun. You'll get hours and hours and fucking hours of play time as it stands.

Big tip: Play it with the music. The music really is well placed.

I've downloaded the game but the application wont run.
Task manager tells me its running but I'm not seeing anything.
I've tried "Running as admin".

I've even deleted it and extracted it again :( What's wrong?
If you're running the Season 1 & 2 executable (roughly 20 GB download), it's a big game and takes quite a while to start on some slow machines. I don't know what you're running it on, but you might want to shut down other apps or something... Also, there are two executables, the 32-bit one and the 64-bit one. You could try them both (not at the same time), but just give it time to start (like minutes even).

lazymunchlax

Dec 15, 2018
This game has to load tons of files and data in the background and that takes a while on old/slow machines. On some computers you've to be patient for a minute and more. There's no loading screen so it looks like nothing happens, but you just have to wait until it's done.
But I only bought this laptop a year ago. Its new!
And the game process has been going for like 10 minutes.

lazymunchlax

Dec 15, 2018
If you're running the Season 1 & 2 executable (roughly 20 GB download), it's a big game and takes quite a while to start on some slow machines. I don't know what you're running it on, but you might want to shut down other apps or something... Also, there are two executables, the 32-bit one and the 64-bit one. You could try them both (not at the same time), but just give it time to start (like minutes even).
Windows 11 laptop, 16 GB ram.
I suppose this thing isn't exactly meant for beefy games, but it should be able to handle a VN.

But after 10 minutes of waiting, I just got this traceback.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 550, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "scripts/anims/episode2_animations.rpyc", line 92, in script
File "scripts/anims/episode2_animations.rpyc", line 92, in script
File "renpy/execution.py", line 61, in check_infinite_loop
raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

Anyone got any thoughts? Is my machine simply not able to run this game?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes